Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Salim Benali?

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I've done nothing with him. I'm not sure if he's still in my game or got deleted.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I will definitely have him marry into one of my families at some point. He's a very hansom sim. :D
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    He made a great author and was the leader of a movie watching club.

He also was an avid video game player, and frequented Geek Con. Went out to food stalls frequently since I figured he was too lazy to cook.

Died single (dating takes so much energy, so his lazy self didn't put in the effort), but had lots of friends in the end.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve only played him in one save, and it wasn’t something I had planned. I had a single female sim I was playing, and due to my MCCC settings she ended up pregnant by an already married Gunther Munch. Salim was her neighbor, and he was always coming over and helping her while pregnant, and then with her new daughter. I slowly had them start a romantic relationship, and ultimately they married and had 2 sons together.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I made some changes to his apartment, added a room mate and now wait for both him and his room mate to die from old ages.
    Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share.
  • Styling_owlStyling_owl Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wow I wasn't expecting so many to answer :D awesome to hear and see what you've all been doing about Salim.
    I finally used him in my new game after the old save( hailing from when sims 4 first came out) started acting dodgy and glitchy on me.
    He married and became the second husband to already superstar Venessa Jeong after her very public divorce to J Huntington III. Salim and Venessa had become friends long before that though and eventually fell inlove and had their first daughter; Chelsea Jeong- Benali. On Valentine's day and before their daughter aged to toddlerhood the pair got married in a big wedding at Plumbob Pictures Museum with fans and stars alike among the invited guests.

Salim is currently working on his fourth book(he's been trying out different genres; selfhelp, fantasy and Sci Fi) while Venessa has her eye on a second starlight accolade award. Chelsea is learning how to walk as a toddler but I tried aging her up to see what she will look like later and added a pic of adult Chelsea in the post.

First Public Image of Chelsea and her parents
    QSIbIzm.jpg

Mrs. Jeong and Mr. Benali
    MELHXpn.jpg

Chelsea as an adult
    WxX37PU.png
    Post edited by Styling_owl on
    w0qg79.jpg
    “I’m the Doctor! And I just snogged Madame de Pompadour!”

Origin: Owleye90 | Tumblr: Simscapades
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Salim perished in the Great New Years Eve Indoor Fireworks Display of 20XX, along with Candy Behr, Catarina Lynx, the Goths and Don Lothario. Discotheque Pan Europa's business never recovered.
  • SiomneSiomne Posts: 43 Member
    For my Tiny Living Challenge or 5x5 Challenge my sim married him and they were both writers. It was fun to watch them struggle to use the computer to get 'deadlines' done and raise their daughter in that small little cabin like house. XD He was a wonderful companion and always did romantic interactions with my sim without prompt. His wife died before he did so he moped around for a bit while trying to be useful to his daughter who had just had her own child. He eventually died from of old age/sadness, never did perk up days after his wife passing. I grieved for the guy, and to watch him never to recover from his loss hit home for me.

Hope this helped to jog your creative muscle. :)
    > @Stina1701A said:
    > I've done no changes to him but he lives with his boyfriend (who is one of my townie rescues) and his two daughters. Salim is a loving stepdad. Unfortunatly his boyfriend, unbeknown to him, is climbing the criminal ladder.

That sounds like a good story ready to happen! Let us know what happens next!
    > @StarGirlz92 said:
    > He had a wife and two girls on mine (who r GORGEOUS!!!!) but sadly divorced his wife... I would show u a pic of his girls but dunno how to put it on lol sorry

I think someone earlier used Pin Interest to post pictures.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    If you look at Salim's apartment (910 Medina Studios, pictured below) he clearly struggles with finances. This is likely due to the fact that he is lazy, and gets distracted via books and video games and so doesn't further his career or his goal of becoming a bestseller author.

910 Medina Studios, a fixer-upper apartment:
    7DTqUzR.jpg

From that description I always thought that he would be good to do a rags to riches style play-through with, moving him through various apartments at the same time. His lazy trait should make this an entertaining yet challenging task.

My imagination tends to run a little wild sometimes, and so I've actually given Salim a backstory of my own that borrows facts from the canon version and works with the idea of him trying to get rich fast:
    The basic idea is that his family (I don't think he has any in game, but I plan to just pretend he has does) has a large amount of debt. He moved to San Myshuno to try and make his mark and launch his career as an author in order to help his parents out with money, but without his parents there to keep him in check he fell prey to his own laziness and is stuck in a dead-end blogging job with only big dreams and big debts.

You could also have a story where he looses his passion for writing (or succumbs to his lazy ways and gives up on it) and falls into a streaming career (With Get Famous you should be able to make him earn fame via streaming him gaming, this should also work nicely with the Internet Personality branch of City Living's Social Media career which I believe at one point unlocks a 'stream gaming' option?) I figured that since he has such a problem ignoring the temptation of gaming, it would work well if he decided to focus on that instead. Plus, he's an attractive guy which usually means he'd succeed irl, at least. ;D

But yeah, while I haven't done it yet I do plan on doing the first rags to riches inspired story with him. I'm looking forward to it!
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    He's just a very good friend of my current household, but that's it. I think he's married (I have MCCC), but I'm not 100% sure to who.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    In a couple of games, I had him marry a woman through an arranged marriage. She would be wearing a cc hijab and be wearing city living clothes. And she would have a bit of money so they could move to a bigger apartment.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Moved a female sim in with him. He was a writer until he died from old ages.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    I killed him because I wanted to renovate his apartment so that my sim could move in.

What? I liked the floorplan..
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    I once gave Salim a makeover and moved him into the penthouse apartment with very high walls, a single room, and a terrace garden. He would Never get any gardening done, went camping once but didn't go out much. Rather, promptly woohoo-ed with the camp counselor lady and returned home. In the city he found it hard to make friends, probably because he was kinda stuck up.
    Another time he woohoo-ed with both my sims who were sisters. He lived in the apartment across from them.
    Now that I've discovered this thread, I'm inspired to get him a new life with a better personality.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm planning to have kids with him. People say he's got incredible genes and all of his kids look like top models

OOooooh I might get City Living just for this... All of my Sims kids have looked like part of a breed out the weird challenge...

Edit: And for my Simself. She can't fulfill her dreams without a penthouse! Or, more accurately, fulfill my dreams for me :D
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    In my game he's married to my StrangerVille hero Emilia...
    06-02-19_10-57-44nbspPM.png
    They just celebrated their daughter Keira's first birthday and age up to toddler.
    06-05-19_7-26-57nbspAM.png
    They all live happily in a nice home in StrangerVille.
    @simp0ssible Whoa your Salim is a stark contrast to the Salim in my game. XD
    In my game once he falls in love that's the only person he flirts, romances, and etc with. He's so sweet.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I haven't done a thing with him. He's been chilling in his apartment, wasting that life away. I should probably get him a lover soon. I'm thinking Penny Pizzaz might be a fix for that.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    He moved in with Penny cause I needed his apartment.
    caitytrina.png
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    In my game he has two kids, a son and a daughter, with Cassandra Goth. They do not live together, neither are they planning to marry anytime soon.
    I am not playing Salim and I have aging off, so I imagine he is doing his own thing, with occasionally coming over to play with his son (his daughter is still a baby), watch tv and serenade to Cassandra. Half the times she tells him to shut it, I have no idea why, but I see their romantic bar going downward when he finishes singing. It isn't even that he sings badly or she is in a bad mood, it just happens randomly.
    Salim is great fun, but he is one of the sims I prefer to observe instead of playing
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Like title sais. I have inspirational drought myself when it comes to him and never seem to come up with a good story for him except him wanting to be a writer. Any of you simmer out there that feels like sharing your gameplay about Salim to maybe jolt the inspirational bug?
    Or just because...I actually love reading other players stories about the premades and also their OC sims.

Oh I <3 Salim, I can't help it. I usually don't play him directly, but he's usually always around and/or good friends with my sim(s). He's a bit of man-ho in my most recent save, though--he has 3 kids (1 is a set of twins) and he likes to woohoo with both males and females in all the worlds. I even caught him with a ghost once. XD
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    In my current save, Salim Benali is now married to my Sim Kellie Olsen, they were and still are co-workers. They are now expecting their first baby and live in Willow Creek.
  • XxEmoDreamerxXXxEmoDreamerxX Posts: 25 Member
    My Sim, Angel, and him began having feelings for each other and she ended up getting pregnant with his baby. They started dating and Angel gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Raksha. Salim moved in and Raksha is now a happy toddler while mommy and daddy are still madly in love 😊