Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

nannies are way too stalker-y

ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
i enjoy using the nanny feature and its very helpful to have one to care for multiples. the problems i am having with them tho, is AFTER my kids are raised. the nannies keep calling and calling and CALLING. they call everyone in the house multiple times a day inviting them out places. its creepy and weird. my entire family should not be 'besties' with a temporary employee. its even more super weird when they invite my now grown kids to the romance festival. ICK! can we tone done the nannies a bit? or at least make it so we can block calls cause they are a freeking menace.

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes or when their shift ends but they Never leave! They stick around and sleep in the kids beds...
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I agree - it is creepy how they constantly call the kids - my sims kids rarely even talk to a nanny yet he/she acts like their best friend.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yeah I stopped hiring nannies a long time ago, they never leave at the end of their shift and if they do, they're constantly calling. Patchy does a much better job and at least he eventually goes back to his stick in the evenings.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This happened with an adult male nanny I had for a boy living in San Myshuno. So he not only invited the boy out places, he would just barge into the apartment (I never gave him a key) and try to hang out with the kid. It was really sketchy, and I didn’t even put it together until now that he was the nanny ONCE. I wondered how this creepy guy knew this boy and was just really anxious to get rid of him when he constantly came around. He finally died of old age.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My nannies start asking my kids on dates and out to restaurants etc as soon ss they are old enough. It is too creepy
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I know, it's one of the reasons I stopped playing families. But now I'm doing a legacy challenge, so I have no idea how I'm going to survive if one of my heirs ends up with a family aspiration...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Get a Patchy to help. He is very useful, but he's only there from 1-5pm (I think) but he takes care of babies, kids, cleans, gardens (of course). He does it all. And he won't constantly call your kids to hang out places and be inappropriate. :D
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I have the same issue too! It has become really annoying recently. I assumed it was because of some new mods I installed, but maybe it's really a bug. They constantly text every household members, but things get worse if they live in a flat because they keep showing up uninvited. Good thing that I always lock the door, but it's still creepy. I hope that the team will tone it down. Us family player hugely rely on nannies :neutral:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I create a live in nanny to help when needed.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a nanny for only a short time because I had the opposite problem. The nanny did nothing and my Sim parent still had to do all the work. Now it's just daycare all the way.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • gardenlobstergardenlobster Posts: 16 Member
    It says a lot when a magical scarecrow does a better job than a paid employee at respecting boundaries. As a side note, it'd be great if daycare was consistent and didn't return toddlers with low needs randomly.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Yes! My nanny calls everyone in the house multiple times a day. My kids are teens and havent seen the nanny since toddlerhood. Definitely creepy. My sim 100% does not want to hang out with someone she employed many sim years ago. The only time she ever interacted with him was to dismiss his service lol