Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't gift

I just came back to the site after a while away and I thought I would gift some people on my friends list. I tried for a while yesterday and again today, but the website times out and it says that the website took too long to respond. Is anyone else having this problem and do you know of a fix for it? I have a bunch of sim points and I want to use them all before the website closes down.
Happy Simming!! :)

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Same issue here
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i've been having this lately, havent' been able to gift
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Moving this to The Sims 3 Store Technical discussion board ;)

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the gifting tool - which Store items are you trying to gift? Links are helpful :smile: Have you tried to send gifts to different people?

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @EA_Mai I just tried to gift Ziristha (nyancherie on the sims 3 forum) the branch tree lighting. When you click submit you get the little round wheelie thing like it's trying, but it never goes through. Thank you for checking into this.

Just tried again - it did the wheelie thing and never went through after 15 minutes, however, when I hit the back button on the browser the item was gone from the wishlist and the points had been taken into my account.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited June 2019
    @EA_Mai - I am experiencing the same problem gifting items. However, after the site timed out - Error 504 - hitting the back button did not work for me. The wish list still has the item listed and simpoints had not been deducted from my account.

In the April 2018 thread "Not Getting Gifts from Other People, it was suggested to gift directly from the item page and not the wishlist. I tried this and I was still unsuccessful.

I have tried to send gifts to Netjera and @goodFeel93. GoodFeel93 did get notification that I had tried to send a gift but he had not received it as he posted here.

I tried sending Amity's Exit Door and Art Abstraction. I tried sending the gifts from both the wishlist and the product page.

I have been accessing the website from a Windows 10 computer using Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. I have cleared the history on all three browsers. I tried sending gifts yesterday and today. Edit to add: I also turned off pop-up blockers.

I purchased simpoints on June 1st specifically to gift as I own everything in the store. The last time I had sent a gift was October 2017.

Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • goodFeel93goodFeel93 Posts: 596 Member
    Still doesn't work @Me1620 :neutral: But it's okay!!!!!! Really i appreciate it :smiley: