The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't delete these bushes on lot?

There's a lot causing constant routing issues and I think I know why.
Two or three of the bushes stick out on the sidewalk.I tried using the sledge hammer but wont work
and I dried picking it up to no avail.

Its not a plant that was placed in CAW because if I delete the entire lot, the plants get deleted.
I tried saving the lot and placing it back down.And still no go.

61251645_308198733437719_4097579214780235776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=25a41e832f8363a8404c9973cb21ab27&oe=5D959A20
I'm starting to think the only way to fix this one is completely getting rid of the lot all together.But does anyone else have any ideas that I might not have thought of?

Comments

• thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Have you tried "moveobjects on" so as to grab those bushes to the middle of the lot?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just tried that and it didn't work.:(
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @GraceyManor I think it's not the bushes because it looks (from way out here) as though their "footprint" (the number of blocks they take up on grid) are actually on the lot. I also think, from personal experience, if they weren't on the lot, when you placed the lot down, they would be moved to some corner of the lot or missing altogether. What is more likely to be causing routing errors is those enclosed rectangular shrubbery areas. Sims/animals that spawn inside those areas are unable to get out and that causes routing errors. Easiest fix would be to make an opening on side of each of them.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    The lot was already placed.It came with the world.I will give that a try, thanks @suzses
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    The lot was already placed.It came with the world.I will give that a try, thanks @suzses

I was thinking of when you said about deleting the lot and placing it back down, actually. But anyway, I hope the shrubbery openings help.

Edited to add: Thinking about it some more, the bushes likely *are* partly outside the edge of the lot since you can't delete them, but I still think the lack of openings in the shrubs is what is causing routing errors.
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited May 2019
    You can try "shift" + "control" and see if you can delete it that way. I think that is the correct control but you might have to put in "testingcheatsenabled true" first and maybe even "moveobjects on" as well.

I would also try deleting the shrub fence and see if you can't grab them afterwards.
    edited May 2019
    @KatyFernlily
    Actually shift control isn't the proper way to do it.(especially sims)
    And I have cheats turned on already, I use cheats all the time.lol

@suzses
    Making an opening for each one worked .
    edited May 2019

@KatyFernlily

It is - I've used this technique before with plants that were stuck on the edges of lots.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-stuck-objects-objects-in-use.html

@KatyFernlily

It is - I've used this technique before with plants that were stuck on the edges of lots.

I was told not to ctrl delete sims ever.Maybe objects are different.
    Anyways, since this is similar, well not really.But I have random sims coming to my sims's house and trying to get in into the house to use objects, and its causing routing issues with said sim.Is there a way with or without mods to limit the visitors from trying to interact with objects inside my house? These are just random townies appearing outside the home

61781991_308663500057909_8131116464267591680_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=c4501ed070da7a38245ea94b3514defa&oe=5D5759D5
    He wants to use the rocking chair..And he keeps trying to challenge my sim to a basketball constest.I didn't invite him over, he just randomly came over.
    You are right GraceyManor - never delete a sim that way. I meant that it can be used on objects.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member

@KatyFernlily

I was told not to ctrl delete sims ever.Maybe objects are different.

Sims are different. If you delete an actual sim, including pets, ghosts, imaginary friends who have been animated, and anything else that is an actual sim, all you do is delete the visible parts. The actual sim remains in the game. There is nothing that can be done to make them visible again. All that happens is the game gradually corrupts and eventually you have to abandon it.

But inanimate objects (that are not sims) can be deleted.
    @Karritz good to know for the future thanks!_
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Karritz.
    Oh, (censored). I deleted Zelda Mae that way...I should have reset her! :scream:
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    edited June 2019
    @Karritz.
    Oh, (censored). I deleted Zelda Mae that way...I should have reset her! :scream:

If you need to delete a sim and you have mods, use Master Controller's Total Annihilation. It cleans up the mess afterwards.

EDIT: You might be able to save your game if it is still working. If you have mods, you might be able to pack up sims from your save (including townies if necessary) and move them to a new game. You could transfer the house too by saving it to your library and placing it on the same lot in a new save. NRAAS Porter mod will let you pack the sims up. Directions are on the site.
    @Karritz.
    Thankfully, the save is still working.
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @Karritz.
    Thankfully, the save is still working.

Keep a working copy just in case. For example use Save As with a different name when you save so you can go back to get your household if you find you can't open the game later on.
    @Karritz.
    I do that anyway, via the use of NRAAS Saver.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Just a random note, but actually world placed trees and bushes can be deleted if the lot its self is removed. World placed bushes and trees also cannot usually be removed in game or picked up or moved, even if they are on a lot. It sounds to me from your posts that this is probably a world bush, and you'd need to edit the world file to remove it.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    Linamints wrote: »
    Just a random note, but actually world placed trees and bushes can be deleted if the lot its self is removed. World placed bushes and trees also cannot usually be removed in game or picked up or moved, even if they are on a lot. It sounds to me from your posts that this is probably a world bush, and you'd need to edit the world file to remove it.

I ended up just deleting the lot.It was causing too many issues.