Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Thank you very much for your very caring comment @Valuzza90 <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @SimTresa, Thank you so much! <3 I really love all the pretty textures and fabrics you used for Quilted Comfort. Such a warm and pretty bedroom! :blush:

@rosemow, Thank you for your Wonderfully kind review Rose! It's always a pleasure to take part in your challenge. :blush:<3
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    @SimTresa, Thank you so much! <3 I really love all the pretty textures and fabrics you used for Quilted Comfort. Such a warm and pretty bedroom! :blush:

@rosemow, Thank you for your Wonderfully kind review Rose! It's always a pleasure to take part in your challenge. :blush:<3

Thanks, @WrathofCath.
    image.png
  • Options
    dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2019
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wall art from the build mode catalog.
    Chosen Art: "Oh This Old Thing?" Conversation Piece
    Q2g10wJ.jpg
    Gallery name of room : Rustic Desert Kitchen
    Origin id : dadvans
    Pictures of the room :

wSUOrDK.jpg
    (link to image)
    UDhgLJf.jpg
    (link to image)
    Q1liN96.jpg
    (link to image)

this is my first build submission on the forum! any constructive feedback is also welcome :) i'm excited to do these challenges as a way to grow my building skill. also i'm not sure if the images are embedding properly, so i've also provided links to the screenshots i took.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hello @dadvans :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope you will also enjoy entering future week’s challenges also!
    To make the pictures appear, you need to add .jpg to the image file address link if it doesn’t end in that.
    I will soon post about your lovely room but wanted to welcome you first :)
  • Options
    dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    thank you so much for the tip @rosemow !! i have gone back and edited my post and fixed it :) you're the best!
  • Options
    Rustic Desert Kitchen is a very lovely and warm kitchen! @dadvans :) The colour scheme of the room, wall, floor, counters, cabinets , stools and other furnishings complements so very well with the “ Oh This Old Thing?" Conversation Piece” wallart! Very calming and nice natural wall and floor textures! It looks very nice the way the cabinets have been placed on the wall, and the cabinets nook is very nice! Very nice island sink and stools counter! The shape is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal and having a drink from the drinks tray. The soap is a nice touch on the corner of the sink. Very nice design of the wall area that showcases the wallart! The kitchen decor items are a very nice homely touch on the shelves either sides of the wallart, the broom looks great there, and the saucepans, fruit bowl and display plate are nice on the wall table. The flowers and plants in the corner nook are very nice, and the colours go so well with the wallart! Very nice cooking nook! The wall knives, utensils and open cookbook for Sims to follow a recipe are nice home kitchen touches.
    It is a very lovely warm kitchen that complements with the wallart so very well! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Ugh.. I am soo annoyed. I was almost done with my room.. thought I had saved it. But when I go back into the game, it isn't there. I just don't have the energy to recreate it. It was looking soo good too. :'(
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Ugh.. I am soo annoyed. I was almost done with my room.. thought I had saved it. But when I go back into the game, it isn't there. I just don't have the energy to recreate it. It was looking soo good too. :'(

I am so sorry that you lost your room! @Fizzstix :( Perhaps you could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game and it may contain the room, To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Fizzstix wrote: »

I am so sorry that you lost your room! @Fizzstix :( Perhaps you could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game and it may contain the room, To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Thank you @rosemow. I had no idea you could do a recover game that way. Learned something new. Sadly though, no such luck. For some reason, I must not have saved my game after I had worked on the room and my game got shut down without saving.

For funzies.. here is the inspiration picture I had decided on using. Initially I wanted to use the purple elephant picture, but then the framed rug mural ended up being more of a focal picture above the bed flanked with curtains from vintage glamour stuff pack. However, the elephant picture, plus the cluster of pictures that include an elephant were still in the room.
    47991450922_cdc8718ab0_c.jpg
  • Options
    I am sorry that you lost your room @Fizzstix :( It is great though seeing the wallart that you were going to base it on, as well as the accompanying other wallart. Those wallart items are very nice.
  • Options
    LunarBritneyLunarBritney Posts: 41 Member
    These are so cool!
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi, this is my first entry! Congrats to everyone, you're all so creative!

Entry form

Theme of the week: A kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wall art from the build mode catalog.

Chosen art: "Scarlet Shore" from Vintage Glamour.

zttsslc.png

Gallery name of room: The Chic Fashionista

Origin ID: ireneludwig

Pictures:

FV3zpUq.png
    heyo3Du.png
    1pGTzyB.png
    b0bpz8O.png
    CSZTa7h.png

• Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Art chosen: Moonlit Rose In The Garden
    Gallery name of room : ♥Moonlit Rose♥

Origin id : jlewi38
    Gallery Link: https: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C94DC7F985DA11E987D9DC7660F45D45

Tgs1vp2.png

Ga1HPZ9.png

OQjBy1X.png

ZLwEWcz.png
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Many thanks to @Gwiniel @Nym115 @Jazztizz for your lovely comments. Zen frog luvs ya.
    Really awesome rooms everyone for this weeks theme <3
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    Hello @IreneLudwig :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope you will also enjoy entering future week’s challenges also!
    The Chic Fashionata is a very lovely and stylish bedroom! @IreneLudwig :) It is great that you have based the room on the Scarlet Shores wallart! The stylish furnishings and the black, white, grey and red colour scheme are very nice and complements so very well with the wallart! The black and white leafy wall pattern gives a very nice look and feel to the room! The bed area design is very nice! It is nice that the wallart is showcased on the bedhead wall, and the curtains and wall panels are on either sides. It is very nice that the luggage case tables are on each side of the bed and the modern lamps are on them.Very nice vanity table area! Sims will enjoy sitting their doing their makeup and using the beauty products that are on the table. The wallart there, the butterflies picture and the wall hanging near the mirror are very nice stylish touches. The flowers and candles on the top of the drawers are nice and pretty! The white floor rugs look very nice on the black flooring.Very lovely and stylish clothes racks nook! The pretty edged curtains are very nice in the room Very nice windows study desk area! Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer with sunshine coming in onto them.
    It is a very special bedroom that reflects very well the look, colours and feel of the wallart item! Thank you again for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    Moonlit Rose is a very lovely outdoors bedroom patio! @WhiteMojo :) It is a very elegant bedroom and the red, white and gold colour is very nice and complements so very well with the gold edged Moonlit Rose in the Garden item! Very lovely bedhead wall! The chosen wallart item looks great on the wall, and your lovely golden themed wallart and gold edged picture are very nice! The gold and red patterned floor rugs are special touches! Very nice design of the fireplace area! The clothes racks cabinets are very nice on each side of the mirror fireplace, and the red roses on the fireplace ledge, on the golden table in the sitting area. and on the drawers is pretty! Very lovely sitting area! The elegant red armchairs are very nice for Sims to sit and rest on and read a book. Sims will have fun playing chess. The golden lantern lights are very pretty! Very nice white marble flooring.
    It is a very lovely and elegant bedroom that complements with the wall art so well!Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    edited June 2019
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wall art from the build mode catalog.
    Chosen Art: Triptych Limerick from Kids Room stuff
    jEeAxAv.jpg
    Gallery name of room: Triptych Light Fantastic
    Origin id: Gwiniel
    Arts by: Maxis, #juwels64, #Babewire, #Anna_Vel_annA and #SurfChicCreation.

cP32kIu.jpg
    lqgyAgP.jpg
    S7Ax6fm.jpg
    gKvkt8f.jpg
    nqaxM8r.jpg
    gdob7dD.jpg

Extra - made a balcony to go with the room, which doesn't come with the room though...
    7exYbHi.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Triptych Light Fantastic is a very nice tropical themed bedroom, which complements very well with the wallart! @Gwiniel :) Very nice design, layout, and furnishing of the room areas! The blue and green colour scheme is very lovely, tropical and restful! The coloured patterned floor rugs add a special look to the room areas. Very nice restful canopy bed! It is nice that you have placed the Triptych Limerick wallart on the patterned wall divider beside the bed. The leadlight lamp on the bedside table is pretty! The lovely wallart from simmers goes so well with the main wallart! Very nice corner sofa seat sitting nook for Sims to enjoy relaxing and watching tv. The type of curtains used are nice and restful. Very nice vanity table area for Sims to enjoy sitting there using the beauty items on the table and doing their makeup. They will enjoy listening to music from the Linz speaker whilst in their bedroom. The plants are nice touches of nature in the room. Very nice curtained off dressing and clothes closet nook! The linen cabinets, folded clothes, shoes racks, laundry baskets of clothing and the towels shelving there looks great!
    It is a restful, calming and lovely tropical bedroom that reflects well the chosen wallart! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Dearest @rosemow, just a tiny heads-up - noticed you've misspelled @WrathofCath's entry name... It says Booms, when it should be Blooms :)<3<3<3

Ice Cream Cone Kitchen is very cute and lovely room @Nym115. Love the color scheme <3<3<3

Artist’s College Dorm is a brilliant bedroom @ArrowBuilds. Very vibrant and messy (in a cool way), the ambiance is perfect for a dorm room of an art student <3<3<3

Country Style Kitchen is awesome with all the beautiful colors @Peachy_Pigeon, especially that vegetable rug. Great details and lovely layout <3<3<3

Pillow Talk is incredible, ingenious bedroom @Jazztizz! So beautiful and elegant that it's stunning! <3<3<3

Waxing Perennial Dreams is a very cozy, inviting bedroom with an ambiance full on love @AlJay. Love the color scheme, objects, layout and how beautifully it's decorated <3<3<3

Breakfast Kitchen is a beautiful, harmonious integrity @emere. Brilliant layout, elegant color palette, lovely textures and decorations <3<3<3

Tragic Clown Themed Room is striking @Crayonless. Works awesomely with the chosen art <3<3<3 Just a tiny note... the brief was to make either kitchen, bedroom or bathroom - not a living room. Don't worry though, not that serious - welcome aboard :)

Country Sunflower Kitchen is absolutely amazing and beautiful @luckyheather. Meticulous details, brilliant layout, fun and lively ambiance <3<3<3

Retro Kitchen is a marvelous presentation of that style @gmcrozier, very classy <3<3<3 Just would have loved a touch more orange/yellow since the chosen art of yours was the egg and oranges.

Floral Pictoral Bath is a beautiful, romantic bathroom @coolsim9999999. Lovely colors, textures and layout. That painting is actually my favorite from Maxis choices <3<3<3

Quilted Comfort is a beautiful, country romantic bedroom @SimTresa. Lovely colors and textures <3<3<3

Apple Recipes Kitchen is a wonderful kitchen @JojoMOMSTER. Brilliant idea and well done, beautifully decorated <3<3<3

Urban Dreams is a gorgeous bedroom @Allears, love everything about it! Beautiful color scheme, lovely layout and furnishing, great details and awesome ambiance <3<3<3

The Little Red Truck is a wonderful kids' bedroom @lsnishi. That rug creation is adorable and thought exactly what @Workingmum8 said about the Postman Pat cartoon :) That room is an absolute joy for sim kids <3<3<3

Rooted is a gorgeous, ingenious close to nature kitchen @undressyourbones. Great ambiance - love everything about the room <3<3<3

Desert Blooms is a wonderful, beautiful bedroom @WrathofCath. Love the colors, lovely creativity with the flower pots, great size and layout of the room <3<3<3 To me all the pics you posted shows as broken but the Gallery view of your room is great.

Rustic Desert Kitchen is a lovely room @dadvans. Very striking colors, truly pops and mimics the painting's ambiance perfectly. Nice layout and decorations <3<3<3

@Fizzstix Very sorry to hear you lost your hard work! Your chosen painting(s) looked marvelous <3<3<3

The Chic Fashionata is a very elegant, glamorous and beautiful bedroom @IreneLudwig. The painting's color scheme is reflected perfectly throughout the room as is the style <3<3<3

Moonlit Rose is a beautiful and glamorous bedroom @WhiteMojo. Lovely colors and layout <3<3<3
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @Gwiniel! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top