Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaining about Sims 4.

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    its not any harder in sims 3 to get rich :D Smh. Its every players choice. Dont want them to be rich? Make them a chef or something lower paid. Theres even mods now for lower pay careers. Have one of them be a stay at home parent.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't find it that easy to get rich. The family I'm playing now are living in a tiny apartment with their first child because they can't afford the 120k house I've placed for them. It seems like it's taking ages for them to save enough simoleons from their careers and that's with two young adults working two separate careers a writer and painter.
    It's really not that fast. The instant my sims have money , they have to spend it anyway.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Sims is a sandbox game, it's not meant to be difficult. It's pretty difficult as it is for new comers. It's not a game with an end game that you have to achieve. No matter how difficult they make it, someone will come along and claim it's too easy. Everyone has their own idea of what is and isn't easy.

Personally, I think it's just right. It I want it to be easy, it can be. If I want more of a challenge, it can be that, too.

There is no one way to play. So if you find your style of play is too easy, try a different approach.

What approach makes earning income a bit more difficult in the game? This is an honest question. I have played my sims only working different jobs, solely living off the land, or even solely doing hobbies. I get the same result no matter how I play where my sims can be millionaires half way through their young adult lifespan on normal. I could have a sim be a millionaire on the short lifespan too, but I am never that bored.

Having lots of kids early on kind of helps. Maybe give yourself rules like not using aspiration points. "Negative" sim/lot traits? Pick sim traits that doesn't benefit the career, like hot headed loner for the political career.
    I wish you could turn down promotions.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My family is in the second generation and I can't seem to get us above 2000 simoleons... Playing hundred baby challenge though LOL! Everyone is always sad tense and miserable and we're always poor. Still waiting for the easy part to kick in haha! Hopefully will have more money by the 3rd generation.
  • AzureLamAzureLam Posts: 18 Member
    Yes I partly agree with your opinion.The Sims 4 is way too easy to make your Sims live a comfortable life, so it give Sims much more time to experience different kind of activities. Maybe that is why I am easily get tired of the game after trying new clothes, buildings, etc..
    However, it is more sad that Sims also live a hard life as you, I think. :)
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    Fill your house with toddlers. Done.

haha! this. additionally, you could adopt a few pets. they will be sick *almost* every single time you enter to play the family, thus adding the element of a rapid need to develop someone's veterinary skill.
    still using fabric softener
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    And, all the user-made challanges are extremely easy.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sims is a very casual games that doesn't require a lot skill and easy to learn, but It definitely feels like they over simplified an already easy game. There's no real consequences, everything is mostly happy go lucky, nothing bad or spontaneous happen anymore like it use to. To be truthfully honest the game doesn't seem like a teen rated game but could be rated E+10 instead of teen.
    giphy.gif

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    from what i remember with playing it, it's a bit complex, like the sims complain about their bed being too cheap and stuff like that. i dont remember that in the sims 3 at all. correct me if im wrong though.

Not quite. Sims 3 sims go over and look at a new item when you buy it and react. My current sim burst into tears when she saw her very cheap bed. She complains every single time she goes in her house as she has no money for wallpaper and she has no lights and both those things upset her.

She also complains every time she uses her cheap bed, cheap shower and eats from her cheap fridge. Sims 3 sims are very responsive to their world and what’s in it.

I agree overall, the sims 4 is far too easy. But it is because they have admitted their audience is different this time around and their expectations are different. In the sims 1 in the official guide the devs encouraged you to have your sim marry a rich sim for the simoleans and kill off the spouse by swimming pool.

In the sims 4 it’s a safe space for teens who don’t like bullying. (A former devs words)

There’s no challenge to the game, it is as Cinebar said easy. I have walked away to find my sims alive and well on my return. I have a friend in real life who leaves the game on when she goes to deal with her newborn- she likes the fact the game is easy and nothing bad happens if she forgets to pause. She even leaves the game running if she’s say feeding the baby and just lets the game play.

Sigzy05 wrote: »
    All these people saying TS4 is a sandbox game make me laugh. This is the game that tells you exactly what to do in almost any instance. This is the game that forces sims to be happy, this is the game that forces sims to be friends. This, is not a sandbox game, and most importantly, it's not a challenging game.

You never loose anything, or get any penalties in this game because it hurts the players feelings. Even if you don't pay the bills sims don't complain and get in a plum mood about the lack of light like in TS3. There's no repo man so your stuff isn't going to get repossessed. And sims can eat quick meals easy without electricity which they don't have to pay for. No matter what your sim never dies. And this isn't the sims 2 or 3 where your nemesis would make your life a hell by throwing garbage on your lawn or constantly try to harass your sim.

It's actually more challenging to keep a bad reputation in TS4 rather than a good one, which makes no sense ahaha. Because sims are constantly trying to be good to the people they are suppose to hate.

This. Well said!
    edited June 2019
    @Sharonia I dont even see whats realistic about sims 3 graphics. It looks dated and has for a long time. It's also very shoddy texture wise. Not sure how anyone can glean realism from those lifeless doll eyed sims either.

Not sure how you have been playing sims 3 but on ultra graphics the sims 3 has better textures than 4. The sims 4 gave us the ball pit and stick birds that I think are meant to be sea gulls (but the jury is still out.) I saw a picture comparing the sims 2 and 4 and even 2 had much better textures.

But this isn’t about the sims 3. Or it shouldn’t be. But once again in any topic that has any kind of criticism for the sims 4, the sims 3 gets dragged into it.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    In my honest opinion, the Sims 4 is just way too cluttered.
    I can't find the interaction I want on the wheels, there is just way too much going on there.
    I can never find the skill I want on the skill box, it always appears under fifteen other unwanted skills.
    There is far too much stuff to sort through when looking for furniture or clothes or food...
    There are far too many enormous pieces of furniture, some of those massive stage sets remain unused.

Many of these issues lead me to believe that this is actually a PAUSE simulator... it's what I have to do the most! ;)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Sharonia I dont even see whats realistic about sims 3 graphics. It looks dated and has for a long time. It's also very shoddy texture wise. Not sure how anyone can glean realism from those lifeless doll eyed sims either.
    Not that 'realism' is a complete necessity in a game (I actually like it Sims games aren't photo realistic), but the following never ceases to frustrate me playing Sims 4.

VtBr75F.png

Of course it will be all in the eyes of the beholder and it will come down to personal preference, but this comparison doesn't lie. The approach of 3 is clearly aiming for some level of realism, where Sims 4 is not (and in this case in a pretty bad way at that, which baffles me, since it's the successor).

As for the doll eyed sims, that's just how you create them. When you give them puffy cheeks and high surprised eyebrows and deep, round eyes (the way EA did the puddingface, all sliders at 0), then they indeed look like dolls. That's not necessary though. Besides, you can use CC and then Sims 3's texture is your friend.

tgnAYHd.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m glad it can be easy because sometimes I like a laidback play style and Sims gives me exactly what I want and if I desire a challenge, I can have that too. I’m wanting to start the Astrology challenge. :p
    Lol!!!!! :p someone here claiming sims 3 and 2 have better textures and using background details like pigeons to prove it :D@MidnightAura i don't like sims 3, but I gotta give it to that game it sure has a zealous fan base HAHA

The ball pit was actually redone btw. Looks great now :p
    You think it looks great, I still think it looks low quality. In fact @JoAnne65’s pictures pretty much prove that texture wise the sims 4 isn’t the best. If you like it, that’s fine. More power to you.
    This topic was not about the sims 3. It’s a thread giving constructive feedback to sims 4. It amuses me so many feel the need to toss previous iterations under the bus in defence of the sims 4. The difference is I won’t pretend sims 1-3 are perfect. They aren’t. The sims 3 is irrelevant to this discussion and that is why people will defend it. You shouldn’t need to throw another game on to the highway to make your preferred game look good.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Add into the mix that there is that annoying robo-simulator hovering in the background waiting until you are distracted to just randomly choose things that you, after carefully crafting a sim, really would not choose for your sim to do.
    "Pizza loving, computer gaming, slob sim decides to make salad, for... no reason. Learns cookery skill before going for a jog?" Double face-palm.

The fact that a 'mod' folder was added, but Origin, in it's infinite wisdom updates every other day and disables them all! Reactivating the mods requires a restart. So time consuming, these last 20 mins I could have been playing... something else. X)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol!!!!! :p someone here claiming sims 3 and 2 have better textures and using background details like pigeons to prove it :D@MidnightAura i don't like sims 3, but I gotta give it to that game it sure has a zealous fan base HAHA

The ball pit was actually redone btw. Looks great now :p
    I showed you legs, not pigeons. But I see why you ignore that post ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    When you compare it to it's older siblings, the Sims 4 is easy. It's a watered down version of The Sims. And that's the biggest drawback for me with this game. Yes, there are areas for improvement (emotions, traits, memory system, etc.) But gameplay over all is just easy. No consequences to anything.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think it sort of had to be made easier in a way. The player base has such a huge range of ages from all walks-of-life. I think that someone who is 12 won't necessarily have the same experience as someone who is 60. People with developmental disabilities of different types might find it more difficult than someone who doesn't have the same type of disability.

EA isn't made up of silly people. They are a company. Companies exist to make money and create jobs so that others can make money too. Raising the difficulty too far would potentially alienate a portion of the community who may not be able to do the game if it were more difficult and EA would lose potential customers.

Some will say that's a cop-out but I don't think so. There are ways we, who might want more difficulty, can get that without hurting the people who can't play with more difficulty settings. I use a lot of mods. I cheat money away. I play with both my own rule sets that make it harder for me and with community created rule sets.

I know that not everyone wants to play with mods or cheats but I'm just saying...it is an option. When I want more difficulty, I tend to either boot up an earlier iteration of the game (the original The Sims title was more difficult for me as was The Sims 2) or I play a different game that is geared towards more challenging content all-together.

If you feel you've gotten all you can out of The Sims 4, maybe there is another option for you like an earlier version of The Sims or a new game. Either way, I hope you find the joy you deserve for your free time activities.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    @JoAnne65 those legs from sims 3 look greasy and worse imo :D also not all of the legs in sims 3 are muscular either.

Furthermore the texture of the objects is more so what I hate in the sims 3. Furniture and flooring mainly. And buy mode stuff. It all looks bad texture wise.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Okay, I have to say something regarding the Sims 3 vs. Sims 4 push and pull disruption.

The thing about comparing Sims 3 (or 2 or 1) to Sims 4 is that it's sometimes necessary in order to give examples of preferences and criticism. It's common to use previous games in order to show what we loved, what features we want to keep, and what gave us passion for the game. But on the other hand, it's also just as fair to use previous features (or faults as one might see them) as examples of what we don't want carried over or continued. Criticizing a previous iteration is not "throwing it under the bus". Trying to shut people down when they mix Sims 3 criticism in with Sims 4 is like saying, "you may use previous games as examples, but only if it's flattering to that game". In other words, it's a way to control the conversation to suit your own, personal preferences. And it's equally oppressive to try to shut down someone who uses a previous game as a preferred example when trying to voice criticism for Sims 4.

I understand that no one likes to have bad things said about something they love, no matter which game they prefer. But I think that BOTH Sims 3 and Sims 4 players need to learn how to not take it personally when someone does criticize their favored game. Because we are not all going to want the same things, have the same play styles, or share the same preferences. The Sims games have gone through so much metamorphoses that we are going to see a lot of different perspectives here on the forums. All of them should be respected and allowed to be voiced. Policing a thread to keep away from any negative talk of a preferred game and trying to argue against someone's personal preferences is not only futile, it also disrupts a thread.

Peace, all.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, I have to say something regarding the Sims 3 vs. Sims 4 push and pull disruption.

The thing about comparing Sims 3 (or 2 or 1) to Sims 4 is that it's sometimes necessary in order to give examples of preferences and criticism. It's common to use previous games in order to show what we loved, what features we want to keep, and what gave us passion for the game. But on the other hand, it's also just as fair to use previous features (or faults as one might see them) as examples of what we don't want carried over or continued. Criticizing a previous iteration is not "throwing it under the bus". Trying to shut people down when they mix Sims 3 criticism in with Sims 4 is like saying, "you may use previous games as examples, but only if it's flattering to that game". In other words, it's a way to control the conversation to suit your own, personal preferences. And it's equally oppressive to try to shut down someone who uses a previous game as a preferred example when trying to voice criticism for Sims 4.

I understand that no one likes to have bad things said about something they love, no matter which game they prefer. But I think that BOTH Sims 3 and Sims 4 players need to learn how to not take it personally when someone does criticize their favored game. Because we are not all going to want the same things, have the same play styles, or share the same preferences. The Sims games have gone through so much metamorphoses that we are going to see a lot of different perspectives here on the forums. All of them should be respected and allowed to be voiced. Policing a thread to keep away from any negative talk of a preferred game and trying to argue against someone's personal preferences is not only futile, it also disrupts a thread.

Peace, all.

No I’m not trying to close conversation down at all. Far from it. But this isn’t discussing sims 3. A familiar pattern I see all the time is:

Constructive criticism of sims 4 for example this very topic complaining of sims 4 being too easy.
    Response is someone slagging off sims 3 looks. As if that’s got anything to do with it? It’s apples and oranges. What is the relevance? If you are comparing difficulty levels you could argue it’s a valid point. It’s sometimes very difficult to give feedback when it’s disrupted by those types of posts all the time. It then changes the direction of the thread entirely and being honest it feels to me like it’s the only defence of the sims 4 is to do that. Because I see it all the time.

That is all.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Response is someone slagging off sims 3 looks. As if that’s got anything to do with it? It’s apples and oranges. What is the relevance? If you are comparing difficulty levels you could argue it’s a valid point. It’s sometimes very difficult to give feedback when it’s disrupted by those types of posts all the time. It then changes the direction of the thread entirely and being honest it feels to me like it’s the only defence of the sims 4 is to do that. Because I see it all the time.

Maybe I've missed something, but it seems to me like the whole discussion about graphics began with someone insulting TS4's graphics in favor of TS3's and not the other way around. Either game's graphics are completely irrelevant to this discussion but you're putting the blame for that derailment on the person who responded to it rather than the person who started it.

Anywho, I completely agree with the OP. It's not necessarily that I want the game to become a challenge in itself to play, but sometimes a little hardship and consequence makes things a bit more fulfilling.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top