Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game cannot find Graphics card

GracefellGracefell Posts: 154 Member
Hi guys, I got the "Your video card was not found in our database etc" warning.
I tried using the guide here (https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.0) to fix it, but it still didn't work out.

Here's a Google Drive link with my edited files if you need them. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_VfQ3rpCeYj3mAdcV3R0L-J2OXzaFfDR

----
My info is below:

GPU: 5
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Device 1c03
Texture Memory: 32 MB

----

I feel like it didn't work becuase when I checked my DeviceConfig.log, it still read [Found: 0, Matched: 0].

I'd really appreciate it if you guys can tell me what I did wrong, and how I can fix it. I'll post some screenies to show my work below, thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    1. Graphics Cards:
    SK5YCHY.png

2. Graphics Rules:
    aOE6xGp.png
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I see two issues with these edits. (It looks like you borrowed the text from someone else, who added many cards, but not all of them.) First, in graphicscards.sgr, the device ID you used to identify your card is incorrect. Your card's ID is 1c03, so the line should read

card 0x1c03 "GeForce GTX 1060"

You don't need the "6GB" on the end. (Incidentally, the ID used in the file, 0x139b, corresponds to an Nvidia 960M.)

For the texture memory override, you're missing a # and a space immediately before "setb." The lines should read:

if ($textureMemory == 0)
    seti textureMemory 1024
    # setb textureMemorySizeOK false

(with the appropriate number of spaces in front of the second and third lines, which I know this site is going to mangle)

Also, the section of graphicsrules.sgr you pasted shows two separate identical entries for a GTX 10-series card. I'm not trying to nitpick, but maybe these files have one or more errors that is making the game read them incorrectly. If you can't get your card recognized with the above fixes, it might be a good idea to trash these files and redo the edits yourself, on copies of the original EA versions.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @PuzzlezAddict Thank you so much, it worked! I hope you have a great day, dude!
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Gracefell wrote: »
    1. Graphics Cards:
    SK5YCHY.png

2. Graphics Rules:
    aOE6xGp.png

@Gracefell can you please tell me how to do same thing for GTX 1050 Ti desktop? How to make my game recognize 1050 Ti? Since it ends with 50 and Ti instead..no clue how to do it..
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @graventhe I can PM you instructions for getting your card recognized, if you want. I just need the device ID of your card. It’s listed in plenty of places, including the deviceconfig inside your TS3 game folder in Documents. You’ll see something like this:

=== Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): Radeon Pro 560
    Name (database): AMD Radeon Pro 560 Series [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
    Vendor: ATI
    Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 67ef, Board: 00000000, Chipset: 0000
    Driver: display, Version: 0.10.0.11360, GUID: 40C1B248-9D7D-4A29-D7B7-4CD8109F3D5D
    Driver version: 11360
    Monitor: DISPLAY
    Texture memory: 2047MB

Please copy everything from the “Graphics device info” to the texture memory, and paste it here or send it via PM.