March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world still a real possibility + Features wish list & Concept walkthrough

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Can't wait! Woo! :)
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I want CREATE A WORLD SO BAD. I hope we will get it
    xyIcMqt.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would settle for empty templates which would allow me to add to my existing worlds. But these are great ideas! I would want to be able to pick from many different backgrounds (not already in game). Someday, I would like to build London 1897 or earlier. I would want my White Chapel area, too. With all it's grunge, smoke stacks, etc. :dizzy:

I hope they are seriously thinking about and designing a CAW tool. Thanks for posting, I had no idea!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I really want to see the older worls/neighborhoods from Sims 1/2/3 in Sims 4. They will probably look sooooo pretty!
  • ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2018
    A CAW feature would be absolutely fantastic for the Sims. I can't imagine how much fun creators would have with it. Imagine the story potential as well. The possibility to create your own town with a history, personality...exciting news!
  • paristafreezeparistafreeze Posts: 9 New Member
    yes please! this would be great! one of the biggest features i miss from the past sims games was the ability to customize the town and having more lot space.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This would be such a game changer!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would even pay for it as a fully-fledged separate program to create worlds for TS4
    a256aFi.gif
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2018

Settings
    • An option for custom vacation worlds
    • Ability to change length of day/night cycle
    • Climate controls for Seasons integration (Freezing/Cold/Temperate/Hot/Desert)
    • Preset world layouts for inexperienced players to edit
    • Sharing custom worlds through the Gallery
    • An option to add/remove worlds from each save, for those that don’t want every world in every save - suggested by @Luthienrising
    • Custom world map and world icon option, as well as a ‘default’ map and icon for those who don’t have access to photoshop
    • World lighting options e.g. red sky, green water, purple sunsets
    • Time of day menu to show where the sun rises and sets

World Setup
    • Multiple neighbourhoods per world
    • Maps of various sizes (tiny, small, medium, large) and heights (low=100, medium=200, tall=300) - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Dynamic water heights let’s you sculpt lakes and rivers at different heights on the map
    • Placeable playground and park equipment for public spaces - suggested by @Cynna
    • Access to all decor objects, trees, backdrops, of the dlc packs that you own (much like how it worked in TS3) e.g trees from Jungle Adventures, city building decor from City Living
    • Placeable preset apartment blocks and penthouses from City Living (have same layout, but makes them usable outside of San Myshuno)
    • Biomes/World Types such as suburban, desert, beach, jungle/forest, and urban - suggested by @12JEREMIA

Gameplay
    • Edit in game functionality (the ability to build on lots/create and add households directly through the CAW tool) - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Custom greetings for each world e.g. kiss cheek, shake hands, wave - suggested by @Amandèle
    • Pedestrian traffic options on/off or light/heavy (changes how many sims will walk through the public spaces of each neighbourhood)
    • Pets spawning toggle on/off (whether or not cats and dogs will show up in the world)

Tools
    • Basic terrain sculpting tools (a given, I’m sure, but just making sure) - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Terrain painting tools (with LOTS of different textures to choose from) - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • A functional road tool, for future integration with cars (it would be as simple as a drawable road texture with 4 routes, 2 on either side of the road for the sidewalks, which pedestrian Sims would walk along, and 2 ‘unused’ routes that cars and bicycles would drive along should they ever be patched in, but in the mean time could be used for vfx cars to ‘drive’ along)
    • Environmental VFX and SFX markers to create more dynamic worlds - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Collectables spawners (fish, frogs, plants, rockpiles, pet digspots) - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Preset lot sizes e.g. 20x30, 40x40, 64x64 (it was a nightmare trying to measure specific lot sizes with TS3's lot placer)
    • Ability to create custom lot sizes e.g. 10x35, 42x56, 30x60 - suggested by @Bettyboop55
    • Object resize tool (size up/size down)
    • Tree randomizer (changes the size and rotation of each tree you place)

I would love a CAW tool with settings like this, especially the custom greetings for each world and custom lot sizes. I would also love it if there was a way to have hybrid or multiple lot types on one lot.

I personally don't have an interest building worlds from scratch but I would definitely be open to downloading player made worlds.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Seymour92Seymour92 Posts: 11 New Member
    For real, though, this would be amazing. All of this sounds great
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Imagine we could actually create such worlds :)https://simsvip.com/2017/03/14/sims-4-fan-made-world-maps-simazing/

Especially the world with the underwater glass domes is something I always imagined for a mermaid pack.
    Manta-Reef.png
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    The possibilities are endless.

I think linking lots in the map view to lots in the neighborhoods will be complicated and not automatic. We should have the ability to make a "big" world with 4 to 5 neighborhoods if we wish to put in the work and if our computers can handle it.

I don't see them handing us ALL the tools in an approachable, player-friendly interface. I wish they would though, I'd pay for that pack too.
    Tools like: terraforming, adding lights and effects, unlocking all the models from other worlds, lot placement and making them routable.
    It's pretty complicated stuff.

What I do see them doing is making ready-made templates that we can kind of shuffle around, recolor and decorate, which isn't at all bad and would be great if they did do it. Customization is and always has been the best thing about sims games.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • WinkoOfficialWinkoOfficial Posts: 16 Member
    i seriously hope they do make a create a world tool for sims 4! i wanted to make Ohio and West Virginia :'(
    sims 4 really isn't a bad game at all but without the create a world tool, it's seriously several steps back :(
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    It's been well over a year since this thread was started, and as far as I know, I haven't seen anywhere that this has progressed beyond the stage it was at 12 months ago. I'm not holding my breath :neutral:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • JacoSurJacoSur Posts: 48 Member
    Create a World or Open Neighborhoods is everything I need.
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    > @JacoSur said:
    > Create a World or Open Neighborhoods is everything I need.

I would be happy with just open neighbourhoods but I have a feeling that we will get neither unfortunately
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I got excited until I realized this thread was over a year old lol
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think if we got Create A World we wouldn't get any more official worlds. EA would leave the job up to us.

And setting up a meeting doesn't mean a lot. I mean, Kudos Grant, but I'm guessing he knows that too.

And you would 100% have to pay for it.
    Perfect! I would love to never see another Maxis created world instead I would like them to just add more assets to the world creator.

I wouldn't like that. I like the EA worlds just fine.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2019
    If they can do this I don't understand why we cant get a create a style program. To create new swatches and patterns ourselves . A separate program. And then upload it to our games :(

Then again, I guess if they did it would only work if others had some same swatches and patterns in their own game . For uploading to the gallery anyway.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    I got excited until I realized this thread was over a year old lol

😂 Just like me!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    Maxis, why did kids like Lincoln Logs, Leggos, Sim City games? Build, build, build. Smash it, bulldoze it, move it, plan it, visualize it, control it, reorganize it, destroy all of it, raise it, lower it, dig it, cover it, add trees, remove shrubs, add water, remove water, add tracks, remove tracks, add buildings, remove buildings, add people, remove people, add signs, remove signs, add clouds, add distant backgrounds, add stars, add moons, the ever burning need to create.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maxis, why did kids like Lincoln Logs, Leggos, Sim City games? Build, build, build. Smash it, bulldoze it, move it, plan it, visualize it, control it, reorganize it, destroy all of it, raise it, lower it, dig it, cover it, add trees, remove shrubs, add water, remove water, add tracks, remove tracks, add buildings, remove buildings, add people, remove people, add signs, remove signs, add clouds, add distant backgrounds, add stars, add moons, the ever burning need to create.

KIDS like that - not me! Once I get something perfect - the way I want it - is the way it better be everytime I see it. I am a perfectionist in that respect and abhor change to the nth degree. Want to get on my badside - change anything in my house and yard without my saying to is big trouble. Anything out of place will make me bonkers. Why seek perfection and then destroy it. I have an artistic eye and know when I have my joy point and the proper flow and feel to my surroundings - and it never pays to change it on me. It is probably why I am not big on sharing because some things I build just to suit myself - so I am also not one that cares to take my peculiarities and spread it around to others who like to be in constant array of changing things. LOL.

Kids though like de-constructing things over and over, and always making it something else - they think is fun for a whole 3 minutes before they decide they need to destroy it again.

That's not me. I do like things done to my style and eye but once I feel I have it right - leave it the heck alone.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think if we got Create A World we wouldn't get any more official worlds. EA would leave the job up to us.

And setting up a meeting doesn't mean a lot. I mean, Kudos Grant, but I'm guessing he knows that too.

Perfect! I would love to never see another Maxis created world instead I would like them to just add more assets to the world creator.

Well, being that I don’t use CC or mods, I sure hope Maxis keeps making worlds. In fact, I would pay for more worlds. They need to make world packs.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Well, being that I don’t use CC or mods, I sure hope Maxis keeps making worlds. In fact, I would pay for more worlds. They need to make world packs.

I completely agree, I have been hoping for world packs for a long time.