Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a lil grumble

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I think both game genders have the pregnancy walk though, if I remember correctly. The choice to differentiate the kind of pregnancy seem redundant seen only from the game perspective, and a bit vindictive; especially considering other aspects of it, like being singed by the Door, which I think only males get when asking for a baby.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Haha, yes. You’ll need ITF though, or the Door of Life and Death from the Store.
    Or alternatively NRaas MasterController (the Pollinate command), StoryProgression, and/or the W-mod for the "kind" of pregnancy I was talking about. Not weight gain, an actual pregnancy with the walk, the sore back, morning sickness, chances of twins, etc. that females have. :)
    Now I want to try that :grimace:
    I think both game genders have the pregnancy walk though, if I remember correctly. The choice to differentiate the kind of pregnancy seem redundant seen only from the game perspective, and a bit vindictive; especially considering other aspects of it, like being singed by the Door, which I think only males get when asking for a baby.

Yes, they do.

gBVlthZ.png

The walk’s the same.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited June 2019
    I'm glad I remembered that correctly, thanks. When I think about it I am not that sure about the unfair Singed moodlet though, but my point still stands for other aspects of the EA Male Pregnancy.

Edit And that is a very handsome sim @JoAnne65 :smile:
  • JohnsomethingJohnsomething Posts: 57 Member
    This system where you cant post an article if you havent reached 25 points is just ridiculous. What the heck? How long do I have to wait and how many silly comments do I have to make before I post stories of my legacy family?
    This is frustating.

Oh and yeah, there isnt much content on pregnant women because pregnancy is usually rare and/or last for a few in-game days only :P
    @Johnsomething Your comment made me laugh! I think it is a system put in place because of the trolling. A tip is to post your story in the thread 'What happened in your game today'.
    @Auroraskies I undestand the idea but, tell me: How does this prevent trolls from trolling? A troll could wait until he earns the points and then start trolling.
    Ok I will write in that thread you mentioned, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 im so tired of writing in "A-Z" posts and what I did last night and "when was the last time" you did this or that or name the sim above you etc lol
    plum? I wrote 🐸🐸🐸🐸 not plum. Oooh wait a minute the word "🐸🐸🐸🐸" is censored ha ha ok cool
    @Johnsomething Yes of course. To the "plum" also :smiley:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Johnsomething the thing that amuses me about the censor is it censors so many of the names EA gave to various things in the game.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    the thing that amuses me about the censor is it censors so many of the names EA gave to various things in the game.
    Like Plum Trees (WA)? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Thank you @JoAnne65 and @igazor I have all of these that you mentioned and am trying right now, lol. Should be interesting, I've never had a pregnant male sim. It's amazing to me that after so many years I'm still finding out awesome stuff about this game! <3
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    This system where you cant post an article if you havent reached 25 points is just ridiculous. What the heck? How long do I have to wait and how many silly comments do I have to make before I post stories of my legacy family?
    This is frustating.

Oh and yeah, there isnt much content on pregnant women because pregnancy is usually rare and/or last for a few in-game days only :P

I'm not talking about "content" in terms of gameplay, simply outfits. I realize how many in game days it takes to have a baby (which I feel is too short, especially for long life times. I am now extending it through Master Controller) but even only playing the default 3 days, after the second or third sim baby it just seems like a waste of 3 game days. I mean without Generations you're talking about one shirt, jeans or sweat pants, and one outfit, total. Every sim mommy you play gets those same choices and there's only so much you can do with CAS. Just MO, though.

As far as it being rare, it's not actually rare at all when you think about it. "Try for a baby" seems to have a higher than 50% rate (though I could be totes wrong about that) and that's not including fertility treatments, potions or spells. The most I've ever had to try for a baby was three times, which I did right in a row so it didn't even take me an extra sim day. And unless I'm mistaken, sans mods, "try for baby" is the only way to get pregnant through woo hoo. I guess what I'm trying to say is that pregnancy feels almost like a side effect of wanting to expand your sim's genetic line, rather something to actually be enjoyed or played through. Just "Oh well, I walk extra slow now, let's get this over with." There's not even anything on the store, which just boggles my mind. Considering the multiple baby furniture sets, it seems like they could have tossed an outfit or two. You can't even CHANGE your clothes while you're pregnant without mods outside of before you get your pregnancy alert. What pregnant woman do you know that wants to sit for her entire pregnancy in the same outfit? :lol::joy:

All in all, like I said, just a little grumble. My computer/game seems to really be allergic to CC and I have two pregnant sims in my family at once right now and it's just a little boring in the clothing department. A fair critique I think :) But again, just my .01 (inflation ;) )

I think the critique, or grumble, is valid; but it mostly makes me realise the demographic this game is directed at. The game avoids a lot of aspects of adult life, and when it is included it is modified, like the birth twirl.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    This is one of the reasons I started using cc. The frustration with the same ugly outfits all the time for our pregnant sims. (and kids outfits) I understand not wanting to start using cc if your puter can't handle it. It does turn into an addiction! :lol: I do love the cc that @Mikezumi mentioned that gives several of the ep outfits pregnancy morphs. It is a nice option and the cc maker is very experienced and a good one to start with if you are so inclined.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I once found a thread about maternity wear and I wrote it all down. The outfits you can wear for maternity are as follows (yes, it is a bore that we can't change these outfits once our sim puts them on but Whatever):

*put these on before the sim "blooms"

Basegame:
    -zip up workout jacket
    -short-sleeved tshirt with long-sleeve underneath
    -all long pants and skirts
    -simple spaghetti strapped dress that doubles as a nightgown

Generations:
    -shirt with star on it
    -shirt with roses
    -jeans with "sheen" on thighs
    -sweatshirt zipped up with side pockets
    -cross-over sweater with shirt underneath
    -western shorts with belt buckle
    -skirt with shirred waist
    -long peasant blouse with belt and slacks (one piece outfit)
    -long-sleeved beaded top with leggings
    -long purple halter dress with white trim (very pretty)

Showtime:
    -bathing suit with cut-out sides
    - rabbit suit (!!)

Seasons:
    -cold weather jacket with scarf (looks like puffy leather)
    -pretty London Fog type raincoat (double buttoned) with leggings (one piece)

Town Life Stuff pack:
    - pretty one piece yoga-style outfit

This is all the info I had in my notebook. I could try to look for pictures. See what I can do. Hope this helps!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    @jaletu2005 Thanks for that!
    5JZ57S6.png
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I once found a thread about maternity wear and I wrote it all down. The outfits you can wear for maternity are as follows (yes, it is a bore that we can't change these outfits once our sim puts them on but Whatever):

*put these on before the sim "blooms"

Basegame:
    -zip up workout jacket
    -short-sleeved tshirt with long-sleeve underneath
    -all long pants and skirts
    -simple spaghetti strapped dress that doubles as a nightgown

Generations:
    -shirt with star on it
    -shirt with roses
    -jeans with "sheen" on thighs
    -sweatshirt zipped up with side pockets
    -cross-over sweater with shirt underneath
    -western shorts with belt buckle
    -skirt with shirred waist
    -long peasant blouse with belt and slacks (one piece outfit)
    -long-sleeved beaded top with leggings
    -long purple halter dress with white trim (very pretty)

Showtime:
    -bathing suit with cut-out sides
    - rabbit suit (!!)

Seasons:
    -cold weather jacket with scarf (looks like puffy leather)
    -pretty London Fog type raincoat (double buttoned) with leggings (one piece)

Town Life Stuff pack:
    - pretty one piece yoga-style outfit

This is all the info I had in my notebook. I could try to look for pictures. See what I can do. Hope this helps!

I wanted to correct this info, but unfortunately since you can't take a picture of UI, there won't be pictures. I'm not sure who wrote the original thread you're referring to but sims definitely can only wear one pair of pants that look like denim or leather and one pair of sweat pants for bottoms in the base game and that is it, doesn't matter when in the pregnancy (even after the ding during woo hoo aka "before the bloom") you style your outfits and what "long pants" or "long skirt" you put on, they change into either the one pair of long pants that look like denim and/or leather or the sweat pants when they "bloom" (base game) or into the skater skirt or the "sheen" jeans if you're playing with generations. There is also, as far as I can tell, no "zip up work out jacket" not even under athletic in the base game for pregnant women. Also the "shirt with star on it" and "shirt with roses on it" in the generations list are actually the same shirt, just two different styles on the front. There is also a plain choice and a choice with a blue octopus-cat creature, but again, it's the same tshirt. And I can't be the only one that thinks it's insane that my pregnant sim can wear a bunny suit but not a pair of yoga shorts (the half leg yoga pants, don't know the name) and a tunic. I have to admit I didn't even think to look in the outerwear category because I am playing with a very short fall and winter, no spring, and an incredibly long summer. I don't have the town life stuff pack but it's nice to know that if I get it at some point my pregnant sims will be able to enjoy the comfort of a yoga outfit lol :)

Thank you for the info, though! I'm sure it'll be helpful to some :)
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2019
    Found pictures. Go to this address https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/715401/maternity-clothes/p1

Look for Nilanius post August 2018 (toward the bottom )- she has pics of maternity wear and also some I had forgotten - like the Tudor dress.

So sorry that I misled you on a few of these clothes. The long skirts don't work - I tried.
    That thread is very useful though.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    edited June 2019
    This dress works as well.

62.jpg

Not entirely sure which pack it came with, but since this is a picture from a generation I played early 2011, it must be basegame, Late Night or Ambitions (I don’t think it came with WA...). I don’t see it mentioned in the list I think? There’s also a top that glitches. Your sim keeps wearing it, but it won’t grow a belly, showing a gap at the end of the pregnancy.
    5JZ57S6.png
    It's really bizarre, I am on my pregnant sim at this moment, in CAS, and that dress, and then in the link above the store content pink button up tied shirt in the upper right corner (don't have the other store content so I don't know) do not show up in my MC Stylist. But that is the rest of the clothing, yes :) Most of which is from Generations. It was really just meant as a little grumble about the lack of maternity clothes lol, I didn't mean for it to end up being two pages of people trying to help :# sorry everyone! I'm also, for the record, the kind of simmer that has to change my sims clothes every day and lengthened life spans so perhaps that's why lol. But thank you all for the help! :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Admittedly, this topic made me take think about the options of clothes. Luckily, I've got Master Controller to help me CAST their clothes when they start to show. Anway, I found this topic with pictures of the possible in-game pregnant clothes:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/679991/maternity-enabled-clothing-list/p1

I found it cool, but frustrating. I was thinking of something for my Roaring Heights gals. I also found this site with CC that might interest someone: https://simborg.tumblr.com/post/72711141352/3rd-and-last-part-of-maternity-clothes-part-1

Simborg converted many base game clothes to be used as Maternity outfits. They're all in ".package" file. I'm throwing it here just in case someone can use CC. Speaking of that, (I hope AbellaKellaher doesn't mind me using her topic) does anyone know CC that converts Roaring Heights clothes to be used as maternity attire? Thanks
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have solved the problem of same gender pregnancy and the arguments over who wears the fuggly maternity clothes. I send my same gender couples into the future where for a suitable fee the hospital can give them a child without any hassle and hopefully the right genes (geddit :D )

For the rest I take the attitude the pregnancy only lasts a couple of days so wearing fuggly clothes is a brief interlude best forgotten.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Admittedly, this topic made me take think about the options of clothes. Luckily, I've got Master Controller to help me CAST their clothes when they start to show. Anway, I found this topic with pictures of the possible in-game pregnant clothes:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/679991/maternity-enabled-clothing-list/p1

I found it cool, but frustrating. I was thinking of something for my Roaring Heights gals. I also found this site with CC that might interest someone: https://simborg.tumblr.com/post/72711141352/3rd-and-last-part-of-maternity-clothes-part-1

Simborg converted many base game clothes to be used as Maternity outfits. They're all in ".package" file. I'm throwing it here just in case someone can use CC. Speaking of that, (I hope AbellaKellaher doesn't mind me using her topic) does anyone know CC that converts Roaring Heights clothes to be used as maternity attire? Thanks

I'll be definitely taking a look at converted clothing. Thank you so much for the info! And nope, I don't mind at all - I wouldn't mind even if you were talking about what you ate last night for dinner or something else completely unrelated lol :) To me this forum seems more like simply a digital conversation, and those flo, right? :smiley:
    To me same gender pregnancy is not a problem and it is not one in the game either, there being so many ways to get a baby; unmodded or not. What I personally was doing a lil' grumble about is the way EA chose to depict the male variant as, and all what that connotes; but that it, as well as the subdued pregnancy period, outfits and modified birth representation fits with my impression of whom this game is directed to please. :smile:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    This conversation has resulted in me wanting a female pregnancy. I've only had male alien pregnancies lately. I can't remember when one of my sims had a baby with a female pregnancy - probably with the birth of my heir in The Perfect Genetics Challenge and she's a child now. Actually she'll probably be the next one to become pregnant in one of my games. All of the babies in my 30 Grandchildren Challenge were instant babies with the assistance of a mod. My poor sims often find themselves discovering an instant baby has been deposited in their front yards. But not all, some do indeed get their offspring the hard way.