Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

10 years of The Sims 3 - Happy birthday!

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2019
    @SimChi Thank you!

@Pary Thanks! <3
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited June 2019
    Happy Birthday Sims 3

I pre-ordered the Base Game so I've had it since the beginning. Previously I'd played the original Sims for a few years.

I'd have to search through many back up DVDs to try to find my first screen shots, but I found this one. It's one of the oldest shots I have that is in easy reach. I started trying to build a huge hangout or something using pieces from the Skylight Set in Barnacle Bay. That's one of my old house builds in the distance. It never got finished inside before I stopped playing. If I ever find that save file again I might keep working on the house - or maybe not.

Screenshot-63.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Happy Birthday, Sims 3!
    It's great that I can get some simpoints with discount! XD I'm going to get more 5000 to see what I can add up to my game. My sims want to say thanks for this amazing game!

39712134003_53e80e25d0_b.jpg

39946015953_0678e4740e_b.jpg

wTxRPXD7IwsXIyJEZlZL3cra3C3iAb00TUza-FcA9OLyg074YsNzwKd06ToDHcRO5nTtRbdM_ttbd8xgmukWAmbENE365wpN1et7-KVQ9zytpntxFXhJ8wRagyGqP5Fmq3c5ZwiESLMMMlb6FPNBGTBBRREb-UPt49Zf5fCSWbgqqdWaeuNdXpafQVHtoonaCHlusmVGIaInOyJpHCpWAtxCPPuklRAxyR3PaRlS54_1d6ra-Tqo2S16iss72CI9Bwd9sZufEHVBQAyUku8s4rUtiaOu6mJ2u22cpRP5MWouH3kKrk-q_WQuyKpbyuKvhJt3d2aXPrTPn-y-vLjUzlBYKtWEdIKM3V5vMnWPk2nYdagL9s9BvZ8kF0BLQ6RMCUxHekXQKi_UGgxP8U_k6bL9h-u-ZphCR_hzlRdU5BA7kyvyjo2XyNjW9idIyHLwiPvtCGEHX_UBP5I9zp1kGnOUFv2DhvBhF6Mv28YFc06BSGM08PMcppdzByT2tHTJkPSoUFqq2TO1HN-FYFmXIV2En41IHNoqFW5UeUy-I8umdts9ro__zHCoRAeesMxvb7kp1w2xZD3ypXGolxNL3IIZl5e8gZvQtq_2Y1p83i0DL5FVqL8x6yIT-pxGFD2mdCzdCQqFZsCQpHOXt3eV5soORTZ7soQ=w1217-h757-n
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2019
    Although I was late to sign up (December 2009) I bought the game when it first came out and have had 10 wonderful years of happy families :) The game has got me through some very stressful times in my life and, even when I have taken breaks, it's like an old friend that I can go back to and pick up where I left off without any awkwardness.
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Happy Birthday, Sims 3!
    It's great that I can get some simpoints with discount! XD I'm going to get more 5000 to see what I can add up to my game. My sims want to say thanks for this amazing game!

39712134003_53e80e25d0_b.jpg

39946015953_0678e4740e_b.jpg

wTxRPXD7IwsXIyJEZlZL3cra3C3iAb00TUza-FcA9OLyg074YsNzwKd06ToDHcRO5nTtRbdM_ttbd8xgmukWAmbENE365wpN1et7-KVQ9zytpntxFXhJ8wRagyGqP5Fmq3c5ZwiESLMMMlb6FPNBGTBBRREb-UPt49Zf5fCSWbgqqdWaeuNdXpafQVHtoonaCHlusmVGIaInOyJpHCpWAtxCPPuklRAxyR3PaRlS54_1d6ra-Tqo2S16iss72CI9Bwd9sZufEHVBQAyUku8s4rUtiaOu6mJ2u22cpRP5MWouH3kKrk-q_WQuyKpbyuKvhJt3d2aXPrTPn-y-vLjUzlBYKtWEdIKM3V5vMnWPk2nYdagL9s9BvZ8kF0BLQ6RMCUxHekXQKi_UGgxP8U_k6bL9h-u-ZphCR_hzlRdU5BA7kyvyjo2XyNjW9idIyHLwiPvtCGEHX_UBP5I9zp1kGnOUFv2DhvBhF6Mv28YFc06BSGM08PMcppdzByT2tHTJkPSoUFqq2TO1HN-FYFmXIV2En41IHNoqFW5UeUy-I8umdts9ro__zHCoRAeesMxvb7kp1w2xZD3ypXGolxNL3IIZl5e8gZvQtq_2Y1p83i0DL5FVqL8x6yIT-pxGFD2mdCzdCQqFZsCQpHOXt3eV5soORTZ7soQ=w1217-h757-n

Who was the guy in the second picture?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 3. I am glad there is a discount on the simpoints and I have the money to go buy some and buy Lucky Palms.
    I have to admit the only pack I had for TS3 was Pets. Afterall, what I bought was The Sims 3 Pets.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @vampyrelucia Have fun with Lucky Palms! I haven't fully explored it myself but it's always lovely to have new towns for our sims :)
    I still haven't spent the simpoints I bought the last time they were on sale but I should stock up on more just in case.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Happy Bday TS3! Recently started playing it and I love it so much. Will post pics asap.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to the Sims 3.

I didn't start playing until 2012, kind of a late comer to the franchise and started with Sims 3. Fell completely in love with the base game that hubby got me and then he added supernatural and was completely hooked. It is bittersweet at times as he is not with me to listen to my stories anymore. He was a gamer and understood the addiction.

Sims 3 helped me keep my sanity through many trials and tribulations and my recent loss as well. I can lose myself in my sims families as well as have wonderful chats with the many friends I've made on these forums who understand the addiction. :lol:

@bekkasan ^I'm crying over here... :'-) <3

Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a merbaby too. :mrgreen:

:kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Happy birthday TS3! This game has given me so many hours of entertainment and will forever hold a special place in my heart. <3
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    @fruitsbasket101 I couldn't agree more. I love your username! Of the manga by Natsuki Takaya, right?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @queenvortex808 Yes! I gave myself this username when the manga ended back in 2009. So glad they are remaking the anime right now.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • xabbynip09xabbynip09 Posts: 17 Member
    Sweet lord of grilled cheese! it's going to the sims 3 10th birthday?! This memory is pretty much recent (despite being the worst, but end up being a favorite XD). I have the sims 3 generation pack (it's my favorite one BESIDE Seasons, supernatural, late night (they first introduce vampires while supernatural is like "Alright, we'll just improve vampires, but add a annoying sparkle if they have the lifetime trait for vampire be immortal and doesn't age"), and University.) and then the prom thing show up that it's going to happen on monday 6 pm sims time. I get my male sim to ask the female sim (aka me with Pink hair and eyes, and a vampire, but doesn't know that which kind of cause her to wear "emo" clothes, but the reason she has is the identity crisis for what kind of species she is since she's not human.). OFC she accept Since she's been living together with him and his mom since they we're TODDLERS and Best friend, which turns into bff. On the night of prom, everything went VERY well. They got their first kiss, going steady aka bf and gf, and became prom king and prom queen. Once prom night is over, they went home. Once they arrive at home, I decide to edit the house. Then, here comes the invisible interface in build/buy mode. I tried press from f1 through any shortcuts that the manual states. I kind of went insane for at least five seconds and I was like "You know what, I'll just start fresh and remove the sunset valley residents since I rather have supernatural sims than normal sims." and I did just that. Luckily, after I age them up to teens, the prom will start on Wednesday 6 pm sims time so ye. Holy moly, that was long despite it's 1:14 am in my time, but what can you do.
    "Now, don't you go shortening the word family by cutting out my three favorite letters. I-L-Y." ~Patton (Thomas Sanders) from Sander Sides
    tenor.gif
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 3! :p

I think I got the game on the day it was released - I cannot believe that was ten years ago now! The Sims 3 is still my favourite Sims game.

My avatar is already from the Sims 3, so no need to change. :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Don’t worry, I have a few things planned for this party...

Ten years of parties actually! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    My journey to loving TS3 is a bit different than many of you. I bought it not too long after it came out. I had played TS1 and TS2 which I ABSOLUTELY loved. I was under the impression that TS3 was much like TS2 only better. Note that the thing I loved the most about TS2 was CONTROL. I could completely control my neighborhood.

So I get TS3 and what? I can't control my neighborhood? People moved in and out, when I switched families, the other families did things I didn't want them to do. Totally unacceptable. I bought one EP - Ambitions I think. I tried to play Pinstar's 10 gen family legacy and that held my interest for a short while. But my computer was sub par and that was it for my computer. The game crashed constantly after getting Ambitions and I gave up.

Jump ahead a few years. (5?) and a much better computer. I had been playing TS2 a lot. In the back of my mind, I kept thinking about the things I missed from TS3: no baby bump, the awesome gardening, wine making from Sim grown grapes, The really cool vacations/honeymoons, washing machines! The list goes on and on. But I kept remembering the no control of the neighborhoods.

I decided to look into it again. I wrapped my head around that it's a different game with different game play. I know you can use mods now to control the neighborhoods but I didn't want to get into that. I decided that I would do the legacy challenge and see how far I got. And I'm so glad I did.

I've explored and experienced only a tiny portion of the TS3 so far. I made the decision to purchase the entire game with all the EPs and SPs - in one day. Got it all on Steam. Loaded it up and what an adventure it has been. My family has four generations now, they own a huge house that I spent literal months building with the help of some fantastic house designers here. I discovered the CAS and oh my. I could have the exact color of curtains I want! I have matching bedspreads. That opened up a whole new world to explore for me.

I won't say TS3 is my favorite Sims game but it might be tied with TS2, which is saying a LOT. I play a lot of other games but this one holds a special place in my heart. It's where I go for light game play. It's where I can go to rest and recharge from my hectic busy life. I love my crazy legacy family and since I'm doing the challenge, they have personalities I would never have chosen for them. They get into predicaments that make me laugh like crazy.

I have enjoyed TS2 for nearly 15 years (as of this coming September). I expect I'll be enjoying TS3 for at least that long and beyond.

Happy anniversary Sims 3! Thanks for all the fun and memories so far!
    I wish I could play TS3 right not but saying the quality of my PS3 and controllers probably not.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well here are some early screen shots. I have selected a number from 2009-2014 to share.

These are all from 09/10

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ii_GeNeTiKz_Vzii_GeNeTiKz_Vz Posts: 28 Member
    Wowee 10 years already....it seems just yesterday my mum bought me this weird life sim game for my 9th birthday... I thought I wouldn't like it so I tried it once.....look at me now! about to turn 19 and I have ever expansion/stuff/game pack for the sims 4 and almost every ep/sp/gp for the sims 3 :D :D :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Happy birthday to the sims 3!

Even if you did cause me to upgrade three computers in order to get the best performance, it was absolutely worth it!
  • Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 3! I'm just loading a save right now. Hope everyone enjoys celebrating this amazing game.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Happy birthday!!!

I miss playing as this old laptop can't handle, but I will re-download you one day~
    You brought so many years of fun for me, I got every pack and you even hooked one of my best friends into your sim world.
    Sims 3 is the first time I completed a 10gen legacy and where I had my favorite sim ever Claire Fair.

Thank you so much and happy birthday~ <3:)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    Yeah, love this game so much. Still play it at-least once a week. Sims 4 may have introduced me to the sims franchise but sims 3 made me fall in love with it. 2355 hrs down and more to go Happy birthday!!! <3

Also looks like simpoints are 50% off
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-3/currency

Eeeeeee! I just bought some Sim Points! I'm going shopping at the Sims 3 Store!

-=< <3 >=-

10 years old and it's still my favorite out of The Sims series. It continues to amaze how customizable this game is:
    • color wheel
    • create a pattern
    • edit town mode
    • terrain and water tools
    • CFE cheat for more complex builds
    • create a world
    • moddable to add even more gameplay and other features!

This is the main reason why I love it so!

The song below is a love song for people that have been together for a long time through the ups and downs of life. But I think the "relationship" between a TS3 simmer and TS3 goes through, especially for 10 years, is a lot like it!

TS3, you're Still The One!

Orleans - Still The One (with lyrics)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5aMMRes2u4

You're still the one who can scratch my itch
    Still the one that I wouldn't switch
    We're still having fun, and you're still the one...

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really enjoy Sims 3, have for about 4 years now. I joined the forums a little over a year ago and have had fun sharing my stories with others. To celebrate, I'll post a few pictures from before.

RBPRZ1Z.jpg
    First Sims 3 family I shared on the forums. In the middle is an elder Hank Goddard with his wife, Ava Sinclair. On the left, there daughter Avery is sitting with her husband, Jayson Keaton. On the right Hank and Ava's second child, Brittany Goddard. Note that this photo was before I changed my graphics settings.

CRFnw9Z.jpg
    In this save, I was playing a rotation of several Sunset Valley townies. Someday I may restart this since I lost the original.

Etppn1f.jpg
    This Sim was a gift from CravenLestat that I still have, named Celeste Swanson.

WokUgmv.jpg
    This is an alternate version of Brittany Goddard and she was attempting Llandros2012's Ultimate Sim Challenge. Unfortunately I lost the save files so she'll have to start over at season two.

Don't want to overload on photo's but these are some of my earlier families.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on