Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

10 years of The Sims 3 - Happy birthday!

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
z1rejws6aljb.png

In a couple days The Sims 3 will become 10 years old! That's a lot of hours of having fun with our Sims.

I changed my avatar for the occasion - let's celebrate sharing some memories from playing the game and using The Sims 3 themed avatars!

Anyone wants to start? :smiley:

PS. Hey, if you were planning on getting new SimPoints, now is the time! ;)

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited May 2019
    9cNG6pa.png
    _____
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Yeah, love this game so much. Still play it at-least once a week. Sims 4 may have introduced me to the sims franchise but sims 3 made me fall in love with it. 2355 hrs down and more to go Happy birthday!!! <3

Also looks like simpoints are 50% off
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-3/currency
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I still love TS3, even though it broke my first computer as it couldn't handle the game after adding some expansion packs (I knew nothing of computers back then) and I lost so many saves due to errors. I have a laptop that can handle it now and I play sometimes (though I haven't played in a long time). Think I'll play a little bit this week. Happy 10th birthday TS3 (my dog is also turning 10 in June)!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    TS3 is the first in the franchise I ever played. I bought it for my 3ds and then eventually for my PC. At the time I didn't know a thing about specs and stuff, and the laptop I had barely ran the game. Speed 3 was like normal speed. It was terrible but I dealt with it because I loved the game. I eventually got a better computer, and then I discovered EPs and SPs. The first EP I bought was Supernatural and then eventually bought everything else. So really, all of my best Sims moments were in TS3.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    This was my very first memory in the game. It was captured in 2013, August:
    First%2Bscreenshot..png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Ahhh, so many memories! I would post pictures but I am unable to because I am not yet a full member.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2019
    Hey, merging two threads about The Sims 3 anniversary into a single one to keep all the comments together. Merging had a hiccup there and I think I fixed it now but if someone is missing any posts please let me know so I can find them! (Sorry!)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

I love using the CASt tool. So this outfit that my SS is wearing in the picture is using the pattern that I had created in CASt.
    zhqhf6dl.jpg

I've even used it to show off the other uses for the patterns on other things as well... :)
    iqIUvnEl.jpg

And then this AMC (American Motors Company) logo that I'd made in my paint tool and then added to CASt so that I could use it in the game... :)
    OzwCI7El.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    happy birthday sims 3
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Thanks whoever helped me become a member! I have a bunch of pics (sooooo hard to choose! SO many memories) <3 I can't embed the pics?
    edited May 2019
    You know, I couldn't decide on which image to replace my avatar. It was between this:
    Screenshot-9515.jpg
    And Swole-varius using a pose from the 'Get Physical' Pose pack by k2m1too:
    Screenshot-10122.jpg
    In the end, I chose the former.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Happy happy birthday Sims 3! Still excellent!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    I just love the Sims 3 music. I have a playlist of my favourite tracks that I wake up to every morning on my Echo Dot. It even has a few Sims 1 tracks. I just wish that this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsW1LL2j7Lc
    was available on Alexa.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2019
    Happy Birthday to TS3 which has right royally entertained us for the last ten years, with tears of laughter and frustration, solace when down hearted and a friendly community of players with whom to share our creations. So much from one AAA game. Long may it continue, remaining so loved even the bugs :D

Anyway here is my favourite sim. She is particularly special because she is one of my rescue sims. We have been having adventures together since 2010 or so. This particular picture shows my 2012 version of her shortly after I had managed to get her into CAS from the game fragments the techie guys had salvaged for me. I cried, which is silly for a small piece of programming but like a lot of things to do with TS3 she represents so much more than mere game play.

AB0JqpT.png
    Post edited by Bettyboop55 on
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I really think Nraas deserves a (well-earned) shout out on this ten years of TS3 as well. They (Nraas and the community) did a LOT of volunteer work in getting TS3 to an enjoyable playable state (and fixed a LOT of bugs). <3
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Happy Birthday to the game that Introduced me into this franchise. I may not play it anymore at this point it time, but it left a very special place in my heart and childhood. Love the game and the community it has. The Best <3
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    Thanks whoever helped me become a member! I have a bunch of pics (sooooo hard to choose! SO many memories) <3 I can't embed the pics?

@SimChi, You're welcome... ;) In order to share pictures to this site, you need to find a photo hosting site such as imgur so that you can post pictures here.

Here is a link to a tutorial to help with photo sharing... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1

Back on topic, nice pictures everyone from your TS3 game... :)
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    My first sims game was TS3 so many memories...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Can’t believe how this game has managed to keep me hooked for so many years! It’s not ten years for me yet (that will be in December), but it’s a miracle how a game I just started playing to try it out because my daughter got it, turned me into an addict overnight. And though I’m not as addicted anymore (in terms of playing daily), the love when I play the game hasn’t faded. It’s amazing how it still sort of plays itself whenever I open it.

For me there’s only one real way to celebrate, with the family I’ve been playing since May 2010. Each generation representing its own adventures, love affairs, sorrow, happiness, friendships and true love. Always true love. And after that family life. Each sim is dear to me, who’d have thought I could feel like that about pixels.

2Ld1kON.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Happy Birthday to the Sims 3.

I didn't start playing until 2012, kind of a late comer to the franchise and started with Sims 3. Fell completely in love with the base game that hubby got me and then he added supernatural and was completely hooked. It is bittersweet at times as he is not with me to listen to my stories anymore. He was a gamer and understood the addiction.

Sims 3 helped me keep my sanity through many trials and tribulations and my recent loss as well. I can lose myself in my sims families as well as have wonderful chats with the many friends I've made on these forums who understand the addiction. :lol:

This is one of my original large families that I started playing after I learned how to use mods and have those lovely large families. They are actually saved in a nraas porter file and hopefully someday will be able to resurrect them.
    17545070688_d3155cfb1d_b.jpg

This is my current sim family as you can see, soon to be added to. Fingers crossed for a merbaby!
    47945378348_efc12edc07_b.jpg
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to the Sims 3.

I didn't start playing until 2012, kind of a late comer to the franchise and started with Sims 3. Fell completely in love with the base game that hubby got me and then he added supernatural and was completely hooked. It is bittersweet at times as he is not with me to listen to my stories anymore. He was a gamer and understood the addiction.

Sims 3 helped me keep my sanity through many trials and tribulations and my recent loss as well. I can lose myself in my sims families as well as have wonderful chats with the many friends I've made on these forums who understand the addiction. :lol:

Awww :'( so very sorry for your loss and trials, but it's also so beautiful that your hubby gave you the gift of TS3 to create a lovely world for yourself to get immersed in <3
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding