Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I know. The game packaging says "Build your dreamhouse" but that seems impossible when certain things you want to do, the game won't allow it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    First time commenting- long time reading/lurking.

I would really love the ability to turn off characteristics across the World... Like how we could turn off certain supernaturals in TS3. There are some people who look to The Sims as a way to escape the trauma of their real lives (abuse survivors, ex-military, people with disabilities, etc.), it would be really great if we could decide the types of sims we wanted in our personal sim world. Say that we wanted to have (only) nice sims around... Having the ability to turn off the generation of sims with traits like: evil, mean, dastardly, hot-headed, gloomy, insane, kleptomaniac, Jealous, Noncommittal, would be GREAT!

Though some people have a great (real) life, there are many people who have dealt with trauma, and having a game to escape into 'your own world' should mean that we can disable the awful things that we have to/have had to deal with irl..... I know sure get sick of having to (repeatedly) delete evil sims every time I play my game... And let's not talk about seeing a sim randomly beat up another sim- or a sim attack your own sims randomly (without argument, cause, etc.). And the cheating (on your partner) thing- nah, seen enough irl, it'd be great to have faithful/ trustworthy relationships in game (oh, and we could use some more things back, like cuddling in bed).

It would also be great to be able to turn off some stuff from the games (like pets is okay, if you want that, but what about if you want the gorgeous world, all of the build/ buy items- but absolutely no pets?). There are a lot of people who just want the world, but really don't want to junk up their game with other stuff (like animals, or bear costume stuff *cough*).

Be nice to see some more dynamic gameplay, like soccer (sports- where sims play together), and I miss the ability to jam with other sims (bring back drums pls).... :)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    How about more romantic interactions between couples, like the "lovers hold"? Also, how about more freedom to Build what we want in the game? Lately I've been trying to do a double-curved balcony where it goes out then in yet "Oops, sorry. You can't do that" because the game won't let you do it.
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I would like to see toddlers and kids get the lacking hair colors so that genes could pass to next generation naturally. If sim has green hair for example, toddlers wonΒ΄t get that hair color and it bothers me because I play with fantasy sims too. This would not be problem if I would be CC user but because I donΒ΄t like using CC It would be great to see all of those hair colors in the game. Thanks.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Fix the Flower Bunny NPC, this NPC is broken as in something in the NPC's code is not working and it doesn't show up, no matter what methods I try following to find the NPC, it just doesn't show. It feels like this particular NPC is a JOKE NPC, a cruel one too since it feels like I'm being mocked due to how hard it is to find FB and I feel like raging because of this issue.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    AnnoyingGiraffeAnnoyingGiraffe Posts: 2 New Member
    I think we should be able to delay calls. Sometimes my sim needs to shower quick before going out, but I get a call from a friend. I wish there was a way I could reply with "Be there in half an hour!" Instead of going right away.
  • Options
    For windows and doors, can there be different widths for each of them? When I want to use matching doors and windows, I get to a point where I have a three-tile gap right in the middle where the front door is going, but since the door I will be using is only 2-tiles wide, I have to use another door that doesn't match the windows. So what I end up with is a total mismatch of windows and doors. What I don't like is using both 1- and 2-tile wide windows for a wall.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    GayraghGayragh Posts: 1 New Member
    I dont want there to be an open world, and i understand that that will never come to the sims 4. But i would be nice to at least have open neighborhoods instead. That way you dont have to wait for a loading screen every time you want to go to your neighbors house. I want this to just be in the area yoyr house is in, and not the entire world, if you know what im saying
  • Options
    I know. One of my Sims was at a lounge when she got a message asking her out on a date which was at the same lounge. When she accepted, you had the loading screen just to return it back to where she was in the first place.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    dollehragedollehrage Posts: 2 New Member
    I would LOVEEE to see a stepping stool for toddlers or even children! Help them get to the sink to brush their teeth or wash hands.
    Or even maybe, cute interactions if you want to have a parent help them as toddlers with teaching. ??
  • Options
    AlohafatboiiiAlohafatboiii Posts: 17 Member
    As a base game only, i'd say in CAS add Nationality. BUT, this is the sims, sim language and sim currency so yeah. Scrap that idea.
    -I'd say add height. It makes no sense to be put in a Pack but to be put in a patch? Maybe. To be put in TS5? Maybe.
    Obviously this is the sims and adding today's fashion and trend clothing might be a bad idea because of copyright. We don't want EA to be sued by these clothing companies so yeah.
  • Options
    > @SimChi said:
    > First time commenting- long time reading/lurking.
    >
    > I would really love the ability to turn off characteristics across the World... Like how we could turn off certain supernaturals in TS3. There are some people who look to The Sims as a way to escape the trauma of their real lives (abuse survivors, ex-military, people with disabilities, etc.), it would be really great if we could decide the types of sims we wanted in our personal sim world. Say that we wanted to have (only) nice sims around... Having the ability to turn off the generation of sims with traits like: evil, mean, dastardly, hot-headed, gloomy, insane, kleptomaniac, Jealous, Noncommittal, would be GREAT!
    >
    > Though some people have a great (real) life, there are many people who have dealt with trauma, and having a game to escape into 'your own world' should mean that we can disable the awful things that we have to/have had to deal with irl..... I know sure get sick of having to (repeatedly) delete evil sims every time I play my game... And let's not talk about seeing a sim randomly beat up another sim- or a sim attack your own sims randomly (without argument, cause, etc.). And the cheating (on your partner) thing- nah, seen enough irl, it'd be great to have faithful/ trustworthy relationships in game (oh, and we could use some more things back, like cuddling in bed).
    >
    > It would also be great to be able to turn off some stuff from the games (like pets is okay, if you want that, but what about if you want the gorgeous world, all of the build/ buy items- but absolutely no pets?). There are a lot of people who just want the world, but really don't want to junk up their game with other stuff (like animals, or bear costume stuff *cough*).
    >
    > Be nice to see some more dynamic gameplay, like soccer (sports- where sims play together), and I miss the ability to jam with other sims (bring back drums pls).... :)
    >
    >

Not to be rude but man its boring to play that style. But then again, the way i play this game is stereotypical and cliche and everyone already done it too so yeah
  • Options
    > @Alohafatboiii said:
    >
    > Not to be rude but man its boring to play that style. But then again, the way i play this game is stereotypical and cliche and everyone already done it too so yeah

Not boring at all :) especially when one has had a traumatic (real) life. There are a lot of people who play the sims to escape their real life experience, those of us who really don't think violence (and other awful things) are 'fun'... I guess it depends on what your real life experience is/ has been.
  • Options
    > @SimChi said:
    > > @Alohafatboiii said:
    > >
    > > Not to be rude but man its boring to play that style. But then again, the way i play this game is stereotypical and cliche and everyone already done it too so yeah
    >
    > Not boring at all :) especially when one has had a traumatic (real) life. There are a lot of people who play the sims to escape their real life experience, those of us who really don't think violence (and other awful things) are 'fun'... I guess it depends on what your real life experience is/ has been.

Mainly gaming is the reason to escape their real life experience. That goes for going to the gym, staying home, or worse: Therapy.
    Besides, Its a video game. Violence in video game is fantasy (wishing to harm those who wronged you but can't do it IRL), isn't the same as violence IRL.
  • Options
    > @Alohafatboiii said:
    > > @SimChi said:
    > > > @Alohafatboiii said:
    > > >
    > > > Not to be rude but man its boring to play that style. But then again, the way i play this game is stereotypical and cliche and everyone already done it too so yeah
    > >
    > > Not boring at all :) especially when one has had a traumatic (real) life. There are a lot of people who play the sims to escape their real life experience, those of us who really don't think violence (and other awful things) are 'fun'... I guess it depends on what your real life experience is/ has been.
    >
    > Mainly gaming is the reason to escape their real life experience. That goes for going to the gym, staying home, or worse: Therapy.
    > Besides, Its a video game. Violence in video game is fantasy (wishing to harm those who wronged you but can't do it IRL), isn't the same as violence IRL.

A video game doesn't need violence to be fun. I know a few people (including ex military) who find it insulting that violent games are even made - let alone seeing people play violence for 'fun' (also people, like myself, who have experienced IRL trauma, and don't find the reproduction in books, movies, games, etc., to be fun). I guess the difference depends on how lucky one has been IRL. As for the last part... I don't fantasize about violence (or wish harm on those who hurt me) either, though (frighteningly) I know some people do :/ .. it's not a thing that I (or some others) want in play/fun/game.
  • Options
    What I'd like to see is for lights to be able to be altered (dimmed, change globe) in Build Mode. If you're developing a house, you'd like to be able to see how it will look when in Live mode. Also, if you alter the size of a ceiling light, it should alter the area it lights.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    > @SimChi said:
    > A video game doesn't need violence to be fun. I know a few people (including ex military) who find it insulting that violent games are even made - let alone seeing people play violence for 'fun' (also people, like myself, who have experienced IRL trauma, and don't find the reproduction in books, movies, games, etc., to be fun). I guess the difference depends on how lucky one has been IRL. As for the last part... I don't fantasize about violence (or wish harm on those who hurt me) either, though (frighteningly) I know some people do :/ .. it's not a thing that I (or some others) want in play/fun/game.

"A video game doesn't need violence to be fun." That comment is unneeded because I didn't mentioned saying "video games NEEDS violence to be fun" There's no need to go there. Anyways, I will just end this conversation here because replying back and forth is unneeded.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It would be good if the original poster @FusionFang7 could update the post further as some things on the list have been added to the game since 2015. Perhaps a new thread after the next Pack comes out and close this one?
  • Options
    How about an Undo option in Build Mode if you make a mistake? Also, for some lots state which way the house is supposed to be facing. For example, the 64x64 lot in northern Windenburg, as there is no road you can't tell which way the house is supposed to be facing.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    unrelated but how do ppl get their profile pics?
  • Options
    dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    (BANGING POTS AND PANS TOGETHER) MUL-TIP-LE LEV-ELS
  • Options
    jessieu726jessieu726 Posts: 6 New Member
    I would like disabilities added to the game. I, myself, am a disabled Sims player (I use a cane on good days and a wheelchair when I have to do more walking) and I feel that the lack of disabilities in the game is dissapointing and not realistic. I understand that some people play the Sims to escape (and perhaps this could be a feature that is turned on/off for those who do not want this), but others like a more realistic gameplay and that cannot be achieved while avoiding to include nearly 20% of the population (that's the percentage of disabled people in the U.S., at least). I've read, while looking into this subject, that people don't like the idea of having disabled Sims because it's "depressing" or "creepy" (yes, someone actually used that word), but disabilities are a part of life and I'm not depressed or creeped out by my disabilities. They are a part of who I am and I would like to have the option to make them a part of who my Sims are, too. It wouldn't have to be a gritty look at the realistic life of disabled people, but just having wheelchairs, canes, walking canes for blind Sims, ramps and pool lifts, hearing aids (a signed Simlish language would be awesome, too), prosthetic limbs, and service/emotional support animals could make the game so much more inclusive and interesting.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    don't know if was mentioned but ladder stairs (those 1 tile stairs we had yep) and couple dancing would be appreciated greatly
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    unrelated but how do ppl get their profile pics?

You have to obtain full member status - then go to your page and you can make an avatar. Once the NEW goes away in your name panel - and just says member - you will be able to do an avatar/ or what ever there. Just keep posting/commenting on posts and such - it won't take long really.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I want more traits in the game, instead of having to download cc traits. Stupid small thing really, but last night while playing ts4 there was a glitch where my sim wouldn't let go off his toddler, so she was stuck in his arms while he went over to pick up the other one. Imagine if you could pick up 2 toddlers at once? It makes me sad when you've got a single parent and they can only handle one... and then the other's left downstairs while your sim's taking that one to bed, or has to crawl up the stairs! How unfair!

(I know, it won't revolutionise gameplay).

Speaking of toddlers, why can't you let them sleep on any bed? What if they end up having a nightmare?

And this may have been mentioned billions of times on here, but can we please have some larger lots? Think about the potential we could have to create our own little towns on the same lot, which might help since we can't have an open world. (Yes, I know. You can't make an open world because it would only break the game and involve editing everything, which would just take up a lot of time). Is it possible to make it so we can have more than one type of venue, so while we can include a bar on the lot we could also include a functional library (you know how a librarian spawns on lot?) Another way to make functional small towns without having to have an open world or neighbourhood.

I've tried doing this before, but the sims only gathered up in one spot instead of visiting all the little places.

If any of this sounds rude, trust me it isn't. I'm just being direct on a few things that I would like to see in the game, if it was ever a possibility. :smile: