Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we have a fire alarm but no fire department?

2...Next

Comments

• mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    GTW Part 2 :joy: I bought GTW because I thought it was Base Game Part 2!

I reckon at the time of development it was decided that silly walks were more important. Either folks will have to buy them or they'll patch them in with a bunch of unwanted stuff to praise that they are "improving" the game. Too bad there is more praise for these "freebies" instead of comments along the lines of "What took you so long?"

Good marketing :)
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I would looooove an active firefighter career.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I also don't get why they did not give us the gardener NPC. I mean, really come on. There is a gardener taking care of public lots, so why the heck is there no one for our homes?!

Same with the repairman. I think it's very frustrating in The Sims 4 that stuff breaks WAY too often. Give us a repairman. >.<

And:

Babysitter
    Social Worker
    Food delivery person (I hate that everything is already in the fridge :/)
    Social Bunny
    Tragic Clown
    Police NPC's
    Burglars
    Fire Fighters

Oh god, EA can make a game pack about missing NPC's.

It will be like: The Sims 4: Missing NPC's GamePack.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    This game....... :/
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The only reason is to freak you and freak your sims out.
    Fire alarms in TS4 has become like war sirens/alarms where you cannot do much about
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Remember too many features bad and less features good, low end machines cannot process computing resources fast enough and would over tax their systems. So EA/Maxis made Sims 4 caffeine free.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It's a sign of what's to comefireman-smiley-emoticon.gif

• ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    > @simmese said:
    > Maybe they plan on adding back an interactive Firefighter career at some point ... that would be awesome

It should of been in Get To Work, Or maybe they'll make it a gamepack.

Slightly off topic but I really wish they made a criminal career that went hand in hand with the police career, that would be awesome!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Just another stupid mix up, just like teens being the same height as the elders.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • SeanODempseySeanODempsey Posts: 1 New Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > The fire alarm is an alert to let our Sims know there is a fire. They gather children and rush out to the curb. The sprinkles put out the fire. A Sim can also help extinguish the fire.
    >
    > I don't use mods and fires in my game are very realistic. IMO we don't need firefighters. In past games my Sims usually had the fire out before they arrived anyway.

Very realistic? There's nothing realistic about the fires in The Sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Probably because there is no fire department! But, I'm cynical, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't really miss the fire department although it would still be cool to have one. I think the sims in the Sims 4 are a lot better at dealing with fires themselves than they were in the previous games. I've had sims autonomously run up and extinguish fires in the Sims 4 which is something I don't recall happening in the previous sims games. I might just be having a bad memory though.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Please don't ask logical questions, EA doesn't have time to think up dumb answers to give us.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    holy necropost, batman...
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    holy necropost, batman...

Even more sad that it's still relevant.
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2019
    The fire alarm triggers the fire prevention system so sprinklers go off. It also alerts sims so they can use the extinguisher quicker. Firefighters never once worked for me in sims 3 always showing up hours after the fire either started or was put out so imo theyre unneeded. Ive had many fires in game and with or without the alarm I could always get them put out with at most 3 destroyed/charred items.

Edit: wow didnt realize how old this post was
  • FeatherooFeatheroo Posts: 1 New Member
    I just bought the game because of the recent promotion to get it for free.
    I have played Sims 3, so I was fully used to firefighters coming to put the fire out. When in Sims 4 one of my Sims ended up starting a fire and was on fire herself, I didn't do anything because the alarms were going and I expected the firefighters to arrive momentarily.
    She died.
    So, that was a brutal way to discover that, if a fire starts, you're on your own. 🙄😕
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    The way the sims 4 did it is that fire service is a 2 item system. I suspect the cancellation of the online feature meant they had little time to add more npcs. You need the sprinkle box, and the fire alarm to activate it. I had a child die cause I was waiting for the fire service with the alarm and obviously they never came.
    caitytrina.png
  • ItsProbablyMeItsProbablyMe Posts: 17 Member
    Do fires even start that regularly in sims 4? I have played it since it came out in 2014 and I remember struggling to kill my sims with fire as I couldn't get it to start and had to resort to the cow plants for murdering instead xd I can't even recall one natural fire starting from one of my playthroughs.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Do fires even start that regularly in sims 4? I have played it since it came out in 2014 and I remember struggling to kill my sims with fire as I couldn't get it to start and had to resort to the cow plants for murdering instead xd I can't even recall one natural fire starting from one of my playthroughs.

Most of the fires I've experienced have started from fireplaces when they aren't upgraded with fireproof.
  • ItsProbablyMeItsProbablyMe Posts: 17 Member
    @Sharonia Ahh that's where I have been going wrong I tried with cookers. Although in my current apartment in city life I have a fireplace that I haven't touched and no fire in 10ish hours.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My main family has had three fire so far, surprisingly the fireplace hasn't started any. Two or four cooking and one was when they were lighting the Christmas tree