Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    @Netzspannung may I just say that this thread is like a life line for me. I can't dress my Sims to save my life( sometimes my irl choices are just as bad lol). You are truly talented! Thank you for this thread!
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    I was a little busy at work this week, but wanted to stop by with some athletic wear. I think some of these would be more appropriate for jogging (or Nature Walking) while others work nicely for aerobics class or the gym. I am actually not a big fan of lime green, but I do like #7 quite a bit and people do like to dress to impress at the gym nowadays, so whatever. :D

Focus: Athletic Wear
    f9yX60Z.jpg

I almost forgot to say, thanks again for the suggestion @LilyParker, hope there is something you have not thought of yet.
    You're welcome, @Netzspannung. Nicely done! These combinations are all new to me, and I like 'em! Once again, you must've used tops from other categories -- everyday, perhaps? I don't recall seeing some of these tops as athletic wear options. Like you, I quite like the lime green outfit in #7. Although I wear a lot of black and darker colors in my real life wardrobe, I dress my sims more colorfully. :smile:
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Netzspannung
    This thread is really inspirational! Thanks for sharing all those creative outfits with us. I also like how you display them so neatly with the plain backgrounds and poses.

I have more outfit ideas: What about outfits for a vacation in Granite Falls and outfits for a vacation in Selvadorada? :)
  • sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    This is a great thread, I play rotationally and have loads of sims to dress - this will really help with inspiration!
    hqEK2sI.png

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    @Netzspannung
    This thread is really inspirational! Thanks for sharing all those creative outfits with us. I also like how you display them so neatly with the plain backgrounds and poses.

I have more outfit ideas: What about outfits for a vacation in Granite Falls and outfits for a vacation in Selvadorada? :)

I often think this is the reason people actually think they like the outfits. :D Thank you for the kind comment and I will look into your suggestions!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've seen you use this tank a few times, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my game (I have all packs).

XP88OdP.png

What pack did it come with and could you show me what the default swatch looks like? And, if you know, it's under tanks, right?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • tatygirl90tatygirl90 Posts: 33 Member
    I absolutely love this thread! I rely on CC heavily and I don't utilize the in-game CAS assets enough. Your thread inspires me to give them another look and see what I've been missing. You are really talented. Totally bookmarking this thread.
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I couldn't agree more @tatygirl90!
    I was just going to say that I actively lurk this thread and love all the different styles. <3 I have actually deleted a bunch of CC from my game last weekend in hopes I pick some more in game pieces.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited May 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I've seen you use this tank a few times, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my game (I have all packs).

XP88OdP.png

What pack did it come with and could you show me what the default swatch looks like? And, if you know, it's under tanks, right?

Hi @ChelleJo, that's a base game top - the first swatch is bright green with a black camisole underneath it. And it is under tanks.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

XP88OdP.png

Hi @ChelleJo, that's a base game top - the first swatch is bright green with a black camisole underneath it. And it is under tanks.

Thank you so much @loubyloulou! I have no idea how I was missing that (I blame all my cc :D ) Much appreciated! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    well, i see a few new outfits some of my teens and maybe a young adult or two are going to acquire... i've been extremely bad about formalwear for my teen sims, mostly just slapping them in a dress or tux and calling it good enough.

a few exceptions, though. like the half-alien astronaut-in-training who wears the space rangers uniform in white or the goth girl who dislikes vampires. the ones whose personalities i know, so i can dig stuff up for them

also, on the makeup from luxury party, i've found that it works pretty decently with aliens, vampires, certain types of celebrities and just sims with a flair for the dramatic. but yeah, i frequently skip over it, too, with most of my sims
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I was giving premades and townies makeovers today and this was super helpful, thank you!
    Can you do a focus on clothes from Get to Work? I never know what to do with them.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    The Luxury Party pack is usually pretty high on the list of stuff packs players don't like. I think it delivers on what it promises and while the make-up in the pack is not my style, I often use the jewellery and the shoes pretty often. Anyway, I wanted to look into prom styles, which I thought was a cool suggestions @mika made. While there is no prom in the game (yet), teens also need formal wear. Prom is more than classic gowns, you see pant suits, short dresses, two piece ensembles ... and I tried to use more of those, because you can always easily pick a gown yourself.
    As always, I hope you see something you like!

Focus: Teen Formal Wear
    VIYgiIQ.jpg
    All lovely options once again @Netzspannung! The orange dress looks great on your sim (#6). It really complements her skin tone, and the accessories you chose give a modern touch to a classic silhouette. In the outfit to her right (#7), by going monochromatic, the pants and top could pass for a jumpsuit. Very clever -- I see what you did there. ;)

Can't wait to see what you come up with next time!
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    I swear every time I see your outfits I think you're playing a different game. 😄 I've never seen that cute blue off the shoulder top or that patterned skirt and top.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited June 2019
    @simgirl1010 That's great actually, I always hope I make others notice CAS items again that they may have overlooked in a while. :) We tend to go for the items in the more recently released packs and for old favourites. After all, with all the content that has been released it can become quite overwhelming sometimes. Edit: I was thinking of the top in outfit #8 which is from Get Together, but the top in #4 is from City Living and the ensemble is a dress from City Living as well.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    i do rather miss sims being able to have a favorite color and i, too, sometimes choose one for a sim and try to build looks around it (the biggest struggle i have is with pink, since i just hate that color. but it's also one of the ones i go for most, particularly because i dislike it. yellow tends to be another difficult one, so happy to see this)

that one city living top mentioned has become one of the central pieces to one of my latina sims because of the llama on it (i sort of see her as peruvian) being used in one of her everyday outfits, one of her athletic outfits, one of her sleepwear outfits and one of her party outfits... she just really, really likes the top. it just reminds her of home or something and is often one of the things she just grabs without thinking about it when getting ready to go out and about
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I love to give my simmies a favourite colour as well and style them accordingly. It's funny how sometimes the first swatch can really deter you away from an item as well! There are some that I never think to go through the different swatches and completely skip, even though it can be paired nicely with other items.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • nufusimsnufusims Posts: 41 Member
    This is an amazing thread! Thank you for the inspo!!!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    love the last outfit!
    i've got sims of all shapes in my game and sometimes an article of clothing that looks good on one winds up looking like a tent on another. can get a bit frustrating trying to dress some of those sims, esp those who just have all the weight around the hips...

that being said, i'm super glad to see them getting some love in your fashion thread
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I often think this is the reason people actually think they like the outfits. :DThank you for the kind comment and I will look into your suggestions!

Thanks, that would be great! :)
  • LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    I'm really loving this thread, is giving me some great ideas on how to match some of the items I don't normally use!! Amazing work <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top