Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Since this new challenge has a budget I would like to let you know that saving the lot to your gallery is not really the accurate price for the lot. The minute you move in a sim to the property things starts to depreciate even though you don't play. The only way to get the "true" value is to save,bulldoze and look at the build from the world map. I've noticed that a lot of the builds have been over the allowed value and some builders got disqualified for it earlier... doesn't seem fair. With another 1000 to work with you can come a long way.
    My 2 cents ...

It's true that depreciation starts immediately, but that depreciation doesn't transfer over to the gallery. You can see in the picture below, that a lot that started at 164,215 has depreciated to 144,613. But when I save it to the Gallery, it still saves as 164,215. That's why we have entrants post their gallery cost and require a gallery link so that we can confirm it.

And we don't disqualify lots for going over budget (never have to my knowledge). But you do lose points for not following the challenge brief which can easily cost an outstanding lot the win.

TL7rsME.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited May 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #120- THERE'S SOME HISTORY THERE - Ancient Pagoda
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Optimists Outlook
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/48E1F3A87E9711E98522F8B0B5FB3A7D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=abc1538544310&max=50&maxis=falsecategory=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 86,244
    Lot Cost: 3000
    Total Cost 89,244
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/egvoNGg
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BNS120 This is based off an Ancient Pagoda in Japan. There is the Pagoda itself, and winding paths up to the top of the mountain, and to the Kofun dig Site. A Kofun is an ancient burial mound
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used

jOKLPez.png

yVkybCu.png
    Post edited by KitelDesigns on
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2019
    @BuildnShare I am aware what you showed with pics is the common belief how it works and I am trying to point out that it isn't true. I will try to show you with pictures.

This is the gallery pic of my build.
    What I call true price is : gallery 42,721+ Lot price 2000 + depreciation (in this case $265)= 44,986

O3GkUG4.jpg?1
    l3zZa3V.jpg?1

This build depreciated with $437
    WM6Dusx.jpg?1
    7afSKLk.jpg?1

As I said earlier, the longer you have a sim on your property the more it will depreciate ( and as I showed you it will not entirely change back uploading it to the gallery.)
    And we don't disqualify lots for going over budget (never have to my knowledge). But you do lose points for not following the challenge brief which can easily cost an outstanding lot the win.

This is a quote from the winning thread:
    "Suggestions: Unfortunately, the build is $2497 over budget. Several people were caught by that this time. Budgets can be a tough discipline."

I read that as being disqualified, maybe I misunderstood it.

Edit to say:
    I hope you don't mind @SheriGR me using yours as example. ( I had it in my gallery )
    Post edited by mannanna on
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    @mannanna Can I clarify something on the pricing of my lot? Was it placed on a $2000 lot, and was it played at all afterward? I ask this because I have (my) live plants on it that are very valuable once played... they raise the price soon and immediately after watering. I also added photos from the gallery but I am looking to determine if their cost &/or the plant costs were not getting included by the game upon upload but are popping in upon placement by someone else that is not me? Btw... yes, it is fine to use my lot as an example. :)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited May 2019
    @SheriGR Your lot was placed from map view and I never entered your build, but as you can see the cost changed with mine too. (they're both placed on 2000 lots).
    I don't think photos from the gallery matters, I've noticed however that sometimes the in game painted art can change.
    And to clarify, I'm not trying to get to you or any other participants, I just want to show that the system using the gallery price is flawed.

Edit: You can check your own build's price by placing it from the gallery on a same priced lot if you want to test it.
    Post edited by mannanna on
    @mannanna I test by placing many times over as part of my play-testing process when I build. I was referring to wall photos that i downloaded from the gallery - $10 each, normally, plus live plants from my gallery. But... I would doubt that all of those things together they would have added up to a $438 value unless played, so there's that.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    CHALLENGE #120- THERE'S SOME HISTORY THERE - Ancient Pagoda
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0693ACFE7EAA11E988412D54BEA86DDE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=abc1538544310&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2BYjtqE
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: noCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

vZvn8nG.png
    wv2ETPY.png
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @mannanna I test by placing many times over as part of my play-testing process when I build. I was referring to wall photos that i downloaded from the gallery - $10 each, normally, plus live plants from my gallery. But... I would doubt that all of those things together they would have added up to a $438 value unless played, so there's that.

Yes, I place many times over too and that's how I noticed this. The price change can be partly because of plants and pictures. But it also depreciates ...
    So ... if you start building with a Sim on the lot and only check the price as you go doing what @BuildnShare suggested you'd get a lot more money to work with. ( Even not ever entering play mode ) and that is what I am trying to get across.
  • EmilieFloraEmilieFlora Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2019
    CHALLENGE #120- THERE'S SOME HISTORY THERE
    FORUM ID: Emilieflora
    ORIGIN ID: Emile-Flora
    HOUSEHOLD:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B58B054C7F0911E989FBDC7660F45D45?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=#bns120&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4ZbLmq3
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: noCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:OYmw4VE.pngN145wBB.png
  • EmilieFloraEmilieFlora Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2019
    CHALLENGE #120- THERE'S SOME HISTORY THERE - Babylon
    FORUM ID: Emilieflora
    ORIGIN ID: Emile-Flora
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway - Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F12903977F0311E982BADC7660F45D45?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=#bns120&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §111,254
    Lot Cost: §2,000
    Total Cost §113,254
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PLkG8l8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inspired by the Hanging Gardens od Babylon, featuring Professor Webb's on-site research tent used for perserving valuable relics from the site.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    DQC5box.png
    9AF31EP.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    The Budget - has never really bothered me.

Being New to Build N Share- I have Always respected what they put forth.

I Do play test everything I put on the gallery.( Because I always use MOO and the other cheats )

When I build for Build N Share - and there is a Budget - Once the build is Done and the Budget on target. I Save the build to my library right away.
    - Then I play test. If there is something wrong with the build that has to do with MOO - or I have plants that I want grown- I know I am going to have to watch the budget side of things..

But if there is No issues - I then put the Saved Build on the Gallery --Not the played build...

For myself with a Build that has a budget- It is a challenge for me to see if I can advance with my building skills in this way.
    Being an established Builder- I am always striving for the next step up - experienced is the next target i am aiming for..

I don't know if this helped any, Just wanted to give my side of things..

Diane Pinkus
    @Pinkusfamily
    For myself with a Build that has a budget- It is a challenge.

I agree, it is a challenge, and mainly why I participate. However, I am very much fairness for all so I wanted people to be aware of this. It's a cheat in a way ... even though I think most of us aren't trying to.

I tested yours and because you save the way you do it's not much.
    qXnufBx.jpg?1
    oHYo8CI.jpg?1

• KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    If anyone would have depreciation on their lots it would be me. I play test my builds for ages, sometimes for a few sim weeks even. Hell I even went through a whole sim year once to get the season to change because I couldn't be bothered cheating it forward, call me crazy I know lol.
    Yet the few I just checked in game (using your method of placing them from the gallery in map view) either stayed the same price or became cheaper O.o
    So its not depreciation that's changing the price of the lots it has to be something else I think.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Could it be a mod causing the price issue? I have never encountered it with my builds, and some of them I end up playing and tweaking extensively before I submit. However, I don't use mods or CC in my builds or game.
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    Two thoughts regarding prices:

One - just checking the really obvious solution first but you've definitely got all the stuff and game packs for the lots being downloaded, right?

Two - can't remember if it's just wallpaper or flooring too, but in my game at least, if you apply one on top of the other it registers the cost of both. So If I fill a room with $2 wallpaper, and then change my mind and recover it in $4 wallpaper, I'm charged $6 total for that room's wallpaper. If I delete the original $2 wallpaper, the cost is just for the $4 stuff.

My thought is that if a lot is uploaded with two layered options like this, the original lot might still hold the cost/details of both, but the downloader might only get the price data for whichever is on the top. This might be a possible explanation, given that the deviations seem quite small?

Or perhaps it is literally only me this happens to and has no bearing on the situation at all *shrug*
    owEyOd7.png
    edited May 2019
    Thank you @Kementari @SimsIslandheart and @Mikkiness for responding and showing some interest.

I don't think play testing is the issue, I notice changes when I have a Sim on the property while building. I have tried to delete all plants and arts so I don't think that's the issue either.
    Mod? I can't rule that out completely since I have a few, but that would mean that all of us have the same mod - which could be possible.

The wallpaper theory I find interesting. I have noticed the double charge in my game too.
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Two - can't remember if it's just wallpaper or flooring too, but in my game at least, if you apply one on top of the other it registers the cost of both. So If I fill a room with $2 wallpaper, and then change my mind and recover it in $4 wallpaper, I'm charged $6 total for that room's wallpaper. If I delete the original $2 wallpaper, the cost is just for the $4 stuff.

My thought is that if a lot is uploaded with two layered options like this, the original lot might still hold the cost/details of both, but the downloader might only get the price data for whichever is on the top. This might be a possible explanation, given that the deviations seem quite small?
    Or perhaps it is literally only me this happens to and has no bearing on the situation at all *shrug*

That could very well explain why a lot would be cheaper when downloaded - or maybe the library doesn't account for it but when you download you get socked with the whole double wallpaper charge. :s
    I will have to look into that.
    It being cheaper though could also be that a MOO'd item has been removed. ( seen that too )

Being cheaper is not really a problem though - more expensive is, and I have seen a difference as big as 1000 simolians.

bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS119 - For The Old Gold & Green

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank you ! ;)
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited May 2019
    Oops, saw Allears already answered.
    image.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS118 - Spring Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

fcuRqPI.png

Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS119 - For the Old Gold & Green

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #120 - There's Some History There
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: A Knight's Tale
    LOT COST:$3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $123,762.00
    TOTAL COST: $126,762.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cplFKnf
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sorry guys, I feel like this one is a fail :( I don't have the jungle adventure pack, and I just couldn't seem to come up with any good "dig" ideas. So I give to you (drum roll please) Sir Ulrich Von Lichtenstein's castle. More specifically, the castle where he spent a year of silence, just to better understand the sound of a whisper. This small castle was built in the medieval ages. It has been completely restored it to its former beauty, but I have made it fully functional by adding some plumbing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OK4mXS4.png
    hav2Zi1.png
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2019
    FORUM ID: Kementari
    ORIGIN ID: Kementari1771
    LEVEL: Expert

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Jungle Bungalow - Selvadorada
    NEW LOT LINK: Temple of Balampalsoh
    LOT COST: The lot I built on was a rental lot (no price) so I used the price of the 30x30 in Newcrest (Tranquil Crescent) 2500
    GALLERY COST: 106,036
    TOTAL COST: 108,536
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIMplicity Blog
    ENTRY DETAILS: Temple of Balampalsoh was a ancient Omiscan ruin built in the Iron Age. The temple has been restored to its former glory and the adjacent smaller temple has been refurbished into public restrooms. (a Sim's gotta pee right lol) Set as a Museum but can also be set to a National Park. Amenities include: sheltered research area and picnic spot, meditation and painting.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA

TWITTER TAG: @Kementari1771
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: kementari.sim or SIMplicity

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2.png

15.png
    Post edited by Kementari on
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2019
    CHALLENGE #120 - There's some history there

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT: The lost town of Abraja - gallery link
    LOT COST: §2.500
    LOT NAME: Forest Hideaway, Granite Falls
    GALLERY COST: §126.480
    TOTAL COST: §128.980

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The lost town of Abaja - Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Welcome to Abraja.
    Long ago this was a thriving Mediterranean harbor town, until the sea swallowed it whole! When the sea levels suddenly rose at a never foreseen pace, this little town had no defense. After the sea swept over it, it eventually got buried under layers and layers of rock and dirt.
    Now, we are bringing Abraja back to life! Excavations have begun on a small part of what we believe was the town center. We are working hard to restore this little jewel back to it's former glory and we can use your help to do so!
    Join us on a tour of our firs dig site and let the romance and beauty of Abraja inspire you to come and help us see her whole again!
    Thank you for taking the tour!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: HiddenObjects used, but no CC. Also, no MOO needed to place the lot, everything stayes where it's supposed to :)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NtZdBF7.png

mOjoJmU.png
    Post edited by 4Sanne on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top