Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else having issues with Sims not wearing the clothes you assign in CAS?

Now it could be something in my mods or CC folders causing this, but thought I would ask before having to troubleshoot.
I know this has been happening to my played sims and last night I tested it.
I made 3 sims YA males. Dressed them, set them up in an apartment and got them jobs. Played them for a bit let them go to work etc. Then took them partying at a club. I know darn well the clothes they wore were not job clothes or any that I assigned them. A few more of my played sims showed up wearing items I didn't assign them either. I know that the clothing issue has been happening in my game, but not with whichever current played household, that I had noticed.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No issue in the households I am playing except when there is a festival downtown and sometimes my Sims from my other households show up and change on their own to something different than what I left them in last time I played their houses - also depending on the festival too. Generally as far as i can see though they pick from the outfits I have assigned to them and not something freaky.

I play a vanilla game - no CC and no mods - if that matters.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I don’t have mods or cc and every time I go into a household they are wearing super wacky outfits instead of what I assign them to wear. It’s annoying.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I had this issue since forever, even when I was playing vanilla (and I still do play mostly vanilla, I only have a couple of CC items and MCCC)! I decide my Sim's outfit, but then they change to atrocious random outfits. They really go all the way, turbans, flashy glasses, etc.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, I have a problem with wacky outfits on sims too. They are wearing wacky hats mostly, I think that’s why I notice it most. I can’t remember if it is my sims, I have a large rotation, or townies, but I have gone in to check their outfits, and they are wearing outfits that are not in their clothing selection. Santa hats in the middle of summer certainly look funny....I think I notice mine more at festivals too. And I have never used CC or mods in the sims 4.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    So then it is a bug in the game. I mean I have seen npc in very strange outfits and unplayed sims in my rotations recently but now it is happening with my current played households. Why bother picking outfits in CAS *shakes head*
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    Only in festival, and the game shoved me with their genderless outfit( I thought this was optional?) most male sims in my games wear skimpy female outfit and skirt at festival
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Yep. Same as all the above.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sims wear generated situational outfits during special situations. These can be festival outfits, rain outfits, celebrity outfits, fake vampire outfits etc. They are pretty much broken.

There are multiple posts on answer hq about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/m-p/6904580#M66940 or https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-NPC-Sims-wear-random-cold-hot-weather-outfits-not/td-p/6903978/page/3

If you don't mind using mods and are familiar with MC Command center you can use it to remove them. It is in the dresser module, replace situational outfits.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I have this problem sometimes, I don't use any mod or cc.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Sims wear generated situational outfits during special situations. These can be festival outfits, rain outfits, celebrity outfits, fake vampire outfits etc. They are pretty much broken.

There are multiple posts on answer hq about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/m-p/6904580#M66940 or https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-NPC-Sims-wear-random-cold-hot-weather-outfits-not/td-p/6903978/page/3

If you don't mind using mods and are familiar with MC Command center you can use it to remove them. It is in the dresser module, replace situational outfits.

Thanks I did look but didn't find that thread on hq - sometimes the wording needs to be corrected lol. I do use MCCC but not to it's full potential I will have a look at the dresser instructions
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've played TS4 only 2 years. Had the outfit issues since I started. Its a losing battle. I use MCCC to change the "situation" outfits all the time, 2 mins later they are wearing something equally ridiculous. And with every possible slot filled, like they NEED to wear ALL the things.

Taking a stroll through the neighbourhood should NOT be considered a "situation". It annoys me a lot more than it should.
    logion wrote: »

I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this: if you replace situation outfits to Everyday, how about during hot/cold weather? Would they then change to their hot/cold weather outfits? On the rare occasion I'm attending a festival during hot/cold weather, I'm constantly clicking sims to change to the appropriate clothing, or I'd have them drop dead all around :/
  • kr823kr823 Posts: 37 Member
    I wouldn't mind so much if accessories were banned for randomised outfits. They always choose the worst sunglasses and a turban and that horrible eyeball ring. MCCC has an option to ban specific items but I find it really hard to get the right settings.
    edited May 2019
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've played TS4 only 2 years. Had the outfit issues since I started. Its a losing battle. I use MCCC to change the "situation" outfits all the time, 2 mins later they are wearing something equally ridiculous. And with every possible slot filled, like they NEED to wear ALL the things.

Taking a stroll through the neighbourhood should NOT be considered a "situation". It annoys me a lot more than it should.

It annoys me a lot as well. The "fake vampire" situation outfit is definitely one of those "What the plum where they thinking!?" design decisions. Sims who are NOT vampires are walking around during the night in generated vampire clothing...why!? And now they recently added situation outfits for celebrities which are looking awful.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this: if you replace situation outfits to Everyday, how about during hot/cold weather? Would they then change to their hot/cold weather outfits? On the rare occasion I'm attending a festival during hot/cold weather, I'm constantly clicking sims to change to the appropriate clothing, or I'd have them drop dead all around :/

They should change into their hot/cold weather outfits, I have my situation outfits set to everyday and my sims are changing into their hot/cold weather outfits during festivals if it is hot/cold outside.

ii616pm.png

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I'm having the same problem, all the wacky outfits, hats, glasses, boots/shoes but also when it's freezing outside, townies show up in hot weather clothes, shorts and a tank top. Gah! I usually intoduce my sim to them then ask to see outfit and then the change to appropriate wear. That's probably why my sims know most of the townies, lol.

I really wish EA would fix this wardrobe malfunction.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    @logion Awesome, thank you so much :) I shouldn't be so nervous for testing the settings. I play a lot of sims in most saves, and don't want any of them to die because of the weather :D
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I have a friend here on the forums who has sims turning up all over, either without shirts, or completely nude besides underwear and shoes. And they are her sims that she made, so she knows they have outfits for every category.

I don’t have Seasons, so I don’t know if Seasons is causing any of your problems. My worst clothing problem is that people show up at the Romance Festival in hoods like Darth Vader’s, and the brown one like it. Ugg, talk about ruining your screenshots

Oh yes, the stupid eyeball ring too

I wonder, if we signed a petition, would they remove the eyeball ring from the game?

Have you Ever worn it on purpose?
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • JesanharJesanhar Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Guys, I don't have an issues with clothing, but just wanted to see if anyone is having this problem:

Whenever I click on a lot to edit it (i.e. renovate a lot), the whole thing disappears... It just becomes an empty lot, without even a lot name.
    The same happens with apartments, etc.

I've tried re-starting the game, but nothing changes. Anyone having the same issues?
    edited May 2019
    I have a friend here on the forums who has sims turning up all over, either without shirts, or completely nude besides underwear and shoes. And they are her sims that she made, so she knows they have outfits for every category.

That's probably situational outfits...I'm not sure, I know festival outfits can sometimes cause sims to not wear pants. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-People-aren-t-into-pants-at-GeekCons-anymore/m-p/6895972#M66257
    I don’t have Seasons, so I don’t know if Seasons is causing any of your problems. My worst clothing problem is that people show up at the Romance Festival in hoods like Darth Vader’s, and the brown one like it. Ugg, talk about ruining your screenshots

Yeah, that is an old bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/m-p/6904580#M66940
    Oh yes, the stupid eyeball ring too

I wonder, if we signed a petition, would they remove the eyeball ring from the game?

Never, it's so ugly. But I do not think a petition would do anything, I do not think they would ever remove anything from the game just because it is ugly.

.........Oh yes, the stupid eyeball ring too

I seriously hate that ring. I've deleted sims wearing it, instead of entering CAS and take it off. I can't be bothered, just want it gone. A way to "hide" CAS items we don't want would be very welcome, indeed :D
  • Felony91Felony91 Posts: 1 New Member
    For some reason my Sims (male) are missing his clothes. I picked out all his outfits for every event. When i get to the main game play of my sims ALL of the clothes I picked are GONE . When I click on my sims to "Change Outfit" everything I picked are gone ! The only thing there to select from is him shirtless with NO LEGS ! Even the tattoos , eyeglasses, & earrings are missing. But my other sims in other households have those same items and clothes are all fine. I keep going out and editing him but it just keeps happening. Anyone having this problem or had this problem and fixed it ??
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited January 2020
    I have been battling random outfit changes for a couple of years with my own mods. Believe it or not, between weather, festivals, fake vampires, holidays, etc, there are over EIGHTY separate reasons (including "jobs"...not careers, mind you...things like barbecuing at the spice festival) for sims to change to a different outfit than the ones they are assigned. Eighty. And counting.

And the eyeball ring? Yeah, I have one sim I created as a poster boy to all outfit stupidity. He wears every accessory he can, including that ring, leggings, etc, along with a bicycle helmet and the tshirt with the shorts and fanny pack. And the star shaped sunglasses. His name is Max Maxis.