Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ya want mermaids in a tropical expansion!?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yas!
    soko37 wrote: »
    62 percent want half fish sims? I just don't understand. I like supernaturals, but mermaids is just too far imo. It's too ridiculous.

It's probably more out of desperation for anything that's not mundane, lol. Mermaids aren't high on my list, but if they came in the form of Lovecraftian monsters or Davy Jones' crew (which would be more than Mermaids) then I could have fun with them. Regular, traditional, floofy fish women, however...not so much.
    #Team Occult
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Nay.
    Never cared much for supernatural or non existent life forms, and quite frankly don't understand the silly obsession with them.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Yas!
    Hell Yes!!!!!
    But somehow it only makes sense, when Sims are able to swim in the sea.... :( Hmmm please EA make Sims be able to swimm in the sea! :o
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Yas!
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Never cared much for supernatural or non existent life forms, and quite frankly don't understand the silly obsession with them.

It's not silly to a lot of people. Some people play games to get as far away from the boring reality as possible and prefer fantasy elements over mundane ones, and there's nothing silly about that.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yas!
    If it comes, this is what will make me actually buy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    Yas!
    Would make or break this expansion for me tbh.
  • DuchessVDuchessV Posts: 3 New Member
    Yas!
    > @ElenPink said:
    > Never cared much for supernatural or non existent life forms, and quite frankly don't understand the silly obsession with them.

Don't really understand the understand the "silly" and mundane idea of farming either but that's fine. :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yas!

-shrugs- Well, some simmers have a silly obsession with something as mundane as farming, lawn cutting, or tropical vacations so...
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yas!
    I. Love. Mermaids. I want to create pretty pretty mermaids. I want my sims to be able to turn into pretty pretty mermaids. I want more occults which includes pretty pretty mermaids!

Mermaids are pretty and I want them in my game!
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I don't care.
    I'm not agaisnt them but honestly they were pretty weird in Sims3. Hope they're revamped for Sims 4.
  • KittyPiczozKittyPiczoz Posts: 7 New Member
    Yas!
    I would love for mermaids to be in the Sims 4! But, it depends...on the features (interactions of what you can do) of the mermaid.

- Btw small youtuber here (Channel :smile: Kristenkilla)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nay.
    No, I would rather see swimming in the oceans, lakes, ponds. Surfing, jet skis, sailing, wind sailing, canoes, Sea World, Scuba diving, luas. You know, all the things people do on vacations.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Nay.

-shrugs- Well, some simmers have a silly obsession with something as mundane as farming, lawn cutting, or tropical vacations so...

Doesn't make it any less silly.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yas!
    The Sims has always been a pretty silly, outlandish, whimsical and light hearted series starting from the very first title.
    Post edited by SimsBro on
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yas!
    I love mermaids! I also liked the scales on their legs in their human form, but maybe they could make that optional for the people who don’t.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Nay.
    Given how bad The Sims 4 engine is and can't handle much. Why would they add something that can only live in the in ground pool in your backyard?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yas!
    rinre33 wrote: »
    If we get more lifestates I hope they come in dedicated packs and packs like a tropical expansion focus on other gameplay aspects

Normally I would get that, but what other kind of pack could a mermaid come with other than a tropical pack? They kind of need the ocean lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Yas!
    soko37 wrote: »
    62 percent want half fish sims? I just don't understand. I like supernaturals, but mermaids is just too far imo. It's too ridiculous.

But half plants are cool? (They've been in the game since sims 2)
    Yas!
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, I would rather see swimming in the oceans, lakes, ponds. Surfing, jet skis, sailing, wind sailing, canoes, Sea World, Scuba diving, luas. You know, all the things people do on vacations.

I dont know about you Cinebar, but I turn into a mermaid on vacation. :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I love mermaids! I also liked the scales on their legs in their human form, but maybe they could make that optional for the people who don’t.

I hated that in S3. I want my merfolk, when in human form, to actually look like humans. Those colorful, scaly legs put me off every time. If they add it, I hope it's optional too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nay.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I dont know about you Cinebar, but I turn into a mermaid on vacation. :D

lol, well, I hope you at least have a body of water you can jump in to or you may wilt. I'll be praying they at least let you swim in some water.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yas!

Well, supernatural elements have always been a part of the Sims series since the first game. (Um, hello, Grim Reaper? Lol.) If anything, they're not so much "silly" or unnatural as they are actually natural as part of the Sims universe.

The Sims has never been an exact replica of real life, it has only had familiar elements, as a parody of humanity. Supernaturals are a staple. Why stop now?
    #Team Occult
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Nay.
    Island Paradise was one of my favourite Sims 3 EPs but I never had any interest in the mermaids.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yas!
    On the condition Legs must be descaled while in human form.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CrayonlessCrayonless Posts: 20 Member
    Yas!
    Honestly, I'm not huge on occult sims because I usually play for realism, but I always really liked mermaids; their underwater adventure areas in the Sims 3 I found really fun. Island Paradise was by far my favourite expansion in Sims 3 (despite it blowing up my machine), so I'd be more than happy to have a new one.