Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potential EP 7 Teaser Coming Tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I'll say one thing for getting a little older, in the blink of an eye the days pass into weeks and the thing we are looking forward to gets here more quickly than when younger, or seems to. And I am really looking forward to some new content. New swatches are great, and if they make the woods match then that will be terrific, but we need something new to do in the game. I want to know if my Sims are off to uni, starting a farm, moving to a tropical paradise and perhaps becoming pirates, or if they're going to open up to a little witchy magic.

Or, you know, anything.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Regarding Resorts or Hotels. Island Paradise in TS3 had Resorts even though it was just a home world so I suspect regardless if this is a home world or a destination world it will have hotels aka resorts.

I honestly preferred the full-fledged hotel system from TS1 and TS2. The resorts in IP were more on the management side. I just want my sims to relax and explore the place :D

I hope they put both in
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Regarding Resorts or Hotels. Island Paradise in TS3 had Resorts even though it was just a home world so I suspect regardless if this is a home world or a destination world it will have hotels aka resorts.

I honestly preferred the full-fledged hotel system from TS1 and TS2. The resorts in IP were more on the management side. I just want my sims to relax and explore the place :D

I agree because with all the problems people seem to have with employees in Dine out, I rather they did not waste development time on hotel management. I want to be able to check in, get room service and have my sims really get pampered.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

I agree because with all the problems people seem to have with employees in Dine out, I rather they did not waste development time on hotel management. I want to be able to check in, get room service and have my sims really get pampered.

Yeah like just have NPCs service our sims. I have a feeling that if they just stick to having our sims stay at resorts, it'll be really well-done.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    If they want to follow the same 'schedule' when it comes to announcement and release; announcing it at EA play doesn't make sense.
    EP's roughly release a month after the initial announcement, so, that means, if they want to release that EP in June, they have to announce it this week.

If they hold off and announce it at EA play, they either have a smaller window and still release it in June, or it will be a July pack.

IF it is a July pack, that means we will get a pack roughly every month July-August-September.
    They said they are going to release an EP, GP, SP, and the 6 month release window ends at the end of September.

So I don't know, we will have to wait and see I guess..
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    If they want to follow the same 'schedule' when it comes to announcement and release; announcing it at EA play doesn't make sense.
    EP's roughly release a month after the initial announcement, so, that means, if they want to release that EP in June, they have to announce it this week.

If they hold off and announce it at EA play, they either have a smaller window and still release it in June, or it will be a July pack.

IF it is a July pack, that means we will get a pack roughly every month July-August-September.
    They said they are going to release an EP, GP, SP, and the 6 month release window ends at the end of September.

So I don't know, we will have to wait and see I guess..

I personally don't want to wait till July so I hope it's a June date. If they announce this week it will be Thursday with the teaser coming Wednesday.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    TS4 base game is free to claim until this Tuesday, so it does make sense to tease/announce it on Wednesday/Thursday.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I am convinced that the free base game offer is because they have something good in the works. I know it's most likely actually because after the June patch and the legacy edition 32 bit players will have no further updates so it's a good chance to grab a few of them before it's too late, but I can hope :smiley:

Plus, as people have said elsewhere on this part of the forum, it's for Speculation, so I may as well. :smiley:
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    TS4 base game is free to claim until this Tuesday, so it does make sense to tease/announce it on Wednesday/Thursday.

Exactly.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2019
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I am convinced that the free base game offer is because they have something good in the works. I know it's most likely actually because after the June patch and the legacy edition 32 bit players will have no further updates so it's a good chance to grab a few of them before it's too late, but I can hope :smiley:

Plus, as people have said elsewhere on this part of the forum, it's for Speculation, so I may as well. :smiley:

It sort of doesn't make sense to me, to release the base for free (maybe because of the long weekend this past weekend) and not have some major EP pack ready to go, too. Such as a Season pack or a Pet pack. That would have made a lot of sense to offer a free base hoping to gain new players with a theme everyone usually wants such as pets and seasons. The other packs are niche packs, not everyone ever wants university or magic or palm tree island, or Strangerville....I think they missed the mark. They better have something as big an idea as a seasons pack or pet pack or it will just look silly to do it this way.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    freed babies family pack things for teens elders kids and adult sims sims 4 generations
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No Monday teaser, no Tuesday trailer !

No announcement this week.

It's Memorial Day here in the states, most offices are closed. I'm not saying they absolutely couldn't do it today, but it's something to keep in mind. of course, they might not do it this week, and you're right. Only one way to find out.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    It's a safe bet that the only announcement/trailer will be at EA play. Or like a day before.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    Eliharb wrote: »
    It's a safe bet that the only announcement/trailer will be at EA play. Or like a day before.

There is no confirmation we won't get it this week. I still have my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA Play is so close, and @SimGuruLyndsay seemed to be pointing toward it, so I don't expect any announcement before that at this point. I feel like she was letting us know to wait for that. But I also expect a pack at the end of June as a last pack for people still on 32-bit systems. Otherwise, that's a bad PR call. (Though I suppose if I was on a 10-year-old computer I'd kind of understand.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    EA Play is so close, and @SimGuruLyndsay seemed to be pointing toward it, so I don't expect any announcement before that at this point. I feel like she was letting us know to wait for that. But I also expect a pack at the end of June as a last pack for people still on 32-bit systems. Otherwise, that's a bad PR call. (Though I suppose if I was on a 10-year-old computer I'd kind of understand.)

It won't be compatible with 32 bit computers. They've already said Strangerville is the last pack that'll work with them.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019

There could still be a teaser this Wednesday and a trailer on Thursday this week.
    4 weeks after that is June 28, which is the supposed release date of Tropical Paradise.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I don't... think anyone in the US was thinking we were going to get a teaser today, knowing that it's Memorial Day.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2019
    Why to announce this week and say nothing at EA Play ?

It would be normal if they keep this announcement for EA Play, the people can wait 9 more days because we have already been waiting for 3 months.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2019

It would be normal if they keep this announcement for EA Play, the people can wait 9 more days because we have already been waiting for 3 months.

It would be normal if they didn’t announce the pack at EA Play. Both Fitness Stuff and Seasons were announced shortly before EA Play so that people can play these games at EA.

Remember that EA Play is an actual event that people attend. Why would Sims fans attend it if nothing has been announced as playable at EA?

For people who’re watching the EA Play live streams at home, they could still show off a gameplay trailer, do an official walkthrough, talk about the new base game update, etc.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

It would be normal if they didn’t announce the pack at EA Play. Both Fitness Stuff and Seasons were announced shortly before EA Play so that people can play these games at EA.

Remember that EA Play is an actual event that people attend. Why would Sims fans attend it if nothing has been announced as playable at EA?

For people who’re watching the EA Play live streams at home, they could still show off a gameplay trailer, do an official walkthrough, talk about the new base game update, etc.

THIS IS so true
  • Options

This right here.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So, it should be announced this week.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So, it should be announced this week.

Probably, but knowing EA, they'' wait until EA Play.