Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is a 'The Sims 5' what year should it be announced, and what year should it be released?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Announcement 2020 release 2021.
    doogerie wrote: »
    I think we will get an announcement at the end if the year even if it is just wow are working on the Sims 5 I expect a release late next year or early 2021. 2020 is the 20th anaversy of the Sims so there will probably be somthing big happing then .

I really hope that there is something good for the twentieth anniversary of The Sims. For some of us who have been then since the beginning and watch the game grow from just ten lots, two life stages and only ten careers into something pretty big and then worryingly watered down, really want to see something good again.

We are almost 20 years older than we were then and we do not want a Juniorised Sims game. I want to see a real mature Sims game that works for everyone!

Two decades of good and not so good shows what works in The Sims and what does not. We want Open World, busy community lots, real life stages and actually enjoyable gameplay!

Will TS5 be the game that gets the series back on track?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Next year is a big milestone for The Sims (20th anniversary) so I expect them to make a huge reveal aka TS5.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited March 2019
    Announcement 2020 release 2022.
    Yeah, I'm guessing next year will be the announcement. 2022 the release date.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Next year is a big milestone for The Sims (20th anniversary) so I expect them to make a huge reveal aka TS5.

I sure hope so :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    When the devs honestly think it's nearly ready to ship, and not any sooner! They betta work, work.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Announcement 2023 release 2025.
    I think 2022 announced 2023 released. I checked the wrong box.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd be okay with later though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think it will be announced next year (early) and possibly released next year, but since your poll doesn't have that option I had to say announced 2020 and released 2021. But Murphy's law may delay it until 2021, but I would guess released in 2020, with about six months of ads.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2019
    Announcement 2021 release 2023.
    My vote is "Announcement 2022 release 2023".
    Grant’s work history clearly shows that he’s made a role switch only when he started working on a whole new Sims Title, including:

The Sims 3 (Lead & Associate Producer) from September 2005 to November 2010
    The Sims 4 (Producer & Senior Producer) from 2011 to 2019
    2019... release date : 2023
    edited May 2019
    It's fun to see how many people are in a hurry to get a new half baked basegame...

I'm sure they will be the first to wait for The Sims 6 once TS5 will be announced :D

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm going with 2022 release I disagree on them announcing it 2 years in advance never going to happen they don't want us dropping Sims 4 that early.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Announcement 2019, Release 2020.
    I see an announcement just before Christmas this year with a release next winter the devs have started to talk about the limitations of the engine so it can’t be to far off and when it does come I hope the fist add-on is a music festival GP with the Dow an dirty camping saw feet drunk Sims music (obvs) and the strange smell from the long drops ( if you have never been to a festavel it’s like a cross between wee poo and vomit) this could give sims. Negative mood but if you can’t make it to a normal loo.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Actually they announce games one tear before release, not 2. It Will probably bem announced in 2021 and release in 2022, not 2023. Sims 4 Will probably end with 8 years, 4 more years than Sims 1/2/3 had.

This is what I think too.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The job Hiring was September of 2018 - and that would mean at bare minimum - it'd take at least to September of 2021 just to get 3 years into it if they started immediately back in September - So I suspect maybe Spring of 2022.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited May 2019
    I couldn't remember which one I voted for. To be honest Sims 5 will probably be released further out. But I think the announcement will be closer to release as that's the way they've been doing EPs.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    As late as possible
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2019
    I agree with SimAlexandria, as late as possible. Because that way the Maxis/EA company can have time to make "The Sims 4" expansion packs that ARE high quality, with lots of content and more stuff to look forward to.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I probably won't buy it.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • HiImAnEAPlayerHiImAnEAPlayer Posts: 17 Member
    I saw this weird video, and it was clickbait.

It basically said, "Sims 5 Trailer!"
    I was excited, so I clicked on it.
    It was, of course, a joke video.

BUT GUYS IT WAS LIKE LEAGUE OF ANGELS OR FINAL FANTASY OR SOMETHING AND THE NARRATOR WAS NARRATING THE GIRL KILLING LIKE SOME BOAR AND SAYING "NEW REALISTIC GAMEPLAY!"

it was weird.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    TS4 still has so much potential before it will feel 'complete' to me, so it's hard for me to even consider TS5 coming anytime soon.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think it will be announced next year (early) and possibly released next year, but since your poll doesn't have that option I had to say announced 2020 and released 2021. But Murphy's law may delay it until 2021, but I would guess released in 2020, with about six months of ads.

Less than 2 years to work on it? Really? That'd be worse than Sims 4.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have no idea why EAxis put off TS5 production for so long, but from what I remember, new leadership changed hands in 2013 and the way things were done vastly changed. From what I can see this new leadership doesn't have any idea what simmers truly want. Everything seems for quick money rather than going for quality and quantity of content to maintain loyal customers while adding new ones. Instead, they screwed over the loyal customers and that has backfired in their greedy faces. So now they are developing TS5 (which they should have done when the TS4 base game shipped). I think they want to make the game engine strong and I think they want to make TS5 better, allowing for things that TS4 never could. I'd like to think they will announce it in 2020 and release the base game in 2021. But that's just me, I think, wishing it more than it being a practical schedule.
    TS4 still has so much potential before it will feel 'complete' to me, so it's hard for me to even consider TS5 coming anytime soon.

This is already it's fifth year. It's past its potential. Don't worry though. They'll put out the EPs and other packs that they needs to though. And when TS5 finally comes out, you'll still be able to play TS4. It's not like EA will take that away from you. It's just there is a good chunk of people who have either abandoned it already or don't even want to play it. We're more than ready to move on and buy TS5 - FULL PRICE if it's amazing like the previous iterations from TS1-TS3.

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Honestly never if they do what they're doing now with vast limitations, tech problems, complete silence, and lackluster base game even after 5 years lacks a lot of stuff from Sims 2 and 3 base games.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    edited May 2019
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Actually EA tries to be the worst company again.
    Mass Effect Andromeda (2017), Battlefront 2 (2017), Battlefield 5 (2018), Anthem (2019), ... they accumulate the disappointment of the players.
    Even Disney is angry.

There is no doubt Dragon Age 4 and The Sims 5 will follow the path of the half-baked games.

Maybe you should not be in a hurry to be disappointed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Actually EA tries to be the worst company again.
    Mass Effect Andromeda (2017), Battlefront 2 (2017), Battlefield 5 (2018), Anthem (2019), ... they accumulate the disappointment of the players.
    Even Disney is angry.

There is no doubt Dragon Age 4 and The Sims 5 will follow the path of the half-baked games.

Maybe you should not be in a hurry to be disappointed.

I'm only pointing out hasn't anyone noticed they aren't taking five years to build games anymore besides me noticing?