Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something weird with the beds in the house

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
Everything has been fine with the bed ownership in the house. Until this moment. For some reason, the two double beds I have used forever with two of my couples in the same house, can't get into the beds. The bubble over their heads is showing the female butler with a red line through her. What the heck is going on?

I have tried to unset and reset the butler's bed but that didn't work. I had to sell and replace the beds. Ideas on why this happened?

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I had that happen once. I think it's just a glitch. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This isn't specifically related to beds, but often enough objects can get stuck in use by a sim who is really no longer using them or planning to. Possibly the butler was making the beds (not trying to sleep in them) when they got reset or unexpectedly interrupted in other ways. We see this happen much more frequently with doors that then sometimes become unable to be walked through or stuck open.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited May 2019
    I had this happen as well.I found resetting my lot with MC worked, or replacing the beds.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This isn't specifically related to beds, but often enough objects can get stuck in use by a sim who is really no longer using them or planning to. Possibly the butler was making the beds (not trying to sleep in them) when they got reset or unexpectedly interrupted in other ways. We see this happen much more frequently with doors that then sometimes become unable to be walked through or stuck open.

This kinda makes sense. My heir's husband kept flirting with the female butler so I let her go. Later that evening, I called to hire another one hoping for someone else and guess who showed up again. :# Maybe she cursed the beds or something...