Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...a matriarchal legacy...

I am starting a matriarchal legacy....for the millionth time! LOL! Any tips for keeping it interesting and fresh? BTW...my sim is attending University...studying to be a scientist...yep, growing those watermelons like they're going out of style! No death flowers or life fruit...I hope!
Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p

Comments

• Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Are you talking about the Pinstar's 10 generation legacy challenge with the matriarch option?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/39862/the-legacy-challenge-rules/p1

This challenge is the only reason I'm playing TS3. I purchased it shortly after it was released but quickly learned I couldn't control my neighborhood like I could in TS2. I quit playing for many many years. I finally decided to try it again after seeing this challenge. It has become such a blast!

I challenge my sims to not have any of the same careers as other sims (I keep track on a spreadsheet I found on here somewhere that also keeps track of the points on the challenge). Being forced to randomize their personalities has made it really interesting and let me see Sims I could never have created myself. They do things I totally don't anticipate! I hope you have fun with whatever you are doing.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    You bet! It's the only way I play! I have done it so many times! And every single time...someone dies prematurely!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited May 2019
    oh no! I've thought about that and probably should make sure I have a backup heir.

Before I took my long break, I got totally into house design, something I've never been good at. I found a wonderful site that had incredible houses, some of which included floor plans. It made it much easier to count tiles and follow the plan. Then someone showed me how to recolor things. I probably spent a month or more building the current house. It's HUUUUGE. Very fitting of the Monroe family and their huge piece of property they have. Lots more to add later like a big pool and deck, maybe a stables for horses. Not sure. I spent so much time on it last time, I kind of want to get busy getting the family going again.

But my 4th generation just became an adult. Because I've never gotten this far in this challenge, I will have to move people out I think to keep the family to 8. Not sure how that will work. Hopefully the discarded son will find a happy life somewhere else. Maybe he should check the paper for any recent widows!