Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kawaiistacie Homeschool Mod Gone?

floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
Did something happen to this mod? I checked her website to see if it had an update for the last couple of patches, but I can't find it anymore. Does it not exist anymore or am I just not seeing it?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    According to her forums, she is no longer able to support some of her bigger Mods. This one isn't named specifically but, is most likely included.
    https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/forum/updates/big-careers-won-t-be-updated
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If you’re open to using MCCC you can use it to make it so kids/teens don’t have to go to school so you can homeschool them.
    ~ ~ ~
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    If you’re open to using MCCC you can use it to make it so kids/teens don’t have to go to school so you can homeschool them.

I actually do already use MCCC, which I used to make the homeschool mod function properly. I know I can take them out of school with it, but without a homeschool mod, they won't be officially homeschooled, they just won't go to school, and I liked having that distinction.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Thanks @Bananas_45 I didn't even think to check her forums.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    You're welcome.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I would like to try a few of Kawaiistacie's mods but have trouble downloading because of adfly and SD app (this keeps wanting me to install be I download). Any suggestions on what I am possibly doing wrong.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    verlainem wrote: »
    I would like to try a few of Kawaiistacie's mods but have trouble downloading because of adfly and SD app (this keeps wanting me to install be I download). Any suggestions on what I am possibly doing wrong.

Do not download any app that pops up while using adfly! Close that window and ignore whatever the message is, even if it says something about contacting Microsoft. They are all scams. On the adfly page, in the top right corner, you will see a message to wait 5 seconds. After the countdown finishes choose Skip Add and the download page should open.

I don't know anything about the SD app but, if it's asking you to install something, I wouldn't recommend using it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I just discovered this yesterday, if you use Chrome, there is an extension called Killer Ad.Fly, something like that. Download that and when you click on a link that’s either Ad.Fly or something similar, you totally skip it! I installed it and when I clicked the link, I went straight to SimFileShare. It was awesome!
    I’m disappointed she never added more traits/skills/careers like she did her Boxing career. Luckily, it still works but she never added it to her new website and never made any similar mods. Bummer
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Do not download any app that pops up while using adfly! Close that window and ignore whatever the message is, even if it says something about contacting Microsoft. They are all scams. On the adfly page, in the top right corner, you will see a message to wait 5 seconds. After the countdown finishes choose Skip Add and the download page should open.

I don't know anything about the SD app but, if it's asking you to install something, I wouldn't recommend using it.

Well aware not to download or click anything but it when the download page opens is when I get the SD app extension for chrome must be used and then I can only close the windows. Very frustrating.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Booworm9012Booworm9012 Posts: 3 New Member
    I know this is a couple months old, but since I stumbled upon it just before I found the mod, I thought I'd comment anyways. Kawaiistacie's More School Mod has a homeschool option. I think maybe she just combined it with some other options. :)
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member

I have to use Chrome to download from a lot of sites as IE or ME tend to get bogged down with ads, especially on her site for some reason. Try using FireFox or Chrome if you don't already when downloading, it makes things a little easier.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    She has a habit of removing mods she doesn’t feel like updating anymore.

And yet she has a Patreon. Smh
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    She has a habit of removing mods she doesn’t feel like updating anymore.

And yet she has a Patreon. Smh

Wow...really? That's.......not a good sign honestly...
    I never personally tried this mode, so I don't know what to tell you...
  • ZanderSmallsZanderSmalls Posts: 1 New Member
    she redid the mod i suppose? not sure since I've never used her mods before, but i hope this helps!
    its called more-schools and its in the career section of her website. (cant post links yet sorry)
  • blindsimmerblindsimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    From what I know, she had it in a More Schools mod but I just looked to see if she updated it for Island living and I saw she had taken it off her website completely. Maybe she will update it. She has removed several mods from one site but the old site still has a lot on it so I don't know which to believe and trust.
  • blindsimmerblindsimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    And I was using her homeschool mod for a let's play and now I can't use it...:(
    From what I know, she had it in a More Schools mod but I just looked to see if she updated it for Island living and I saw she had taken it off her website completely. Maybe she will update it. She has removed several mods from one site but the old site still has a lot on it so I don't know which to believe and trust.

She has posted that she will not be updating the More Schools Mod as it was problematic before the Island Living patch. You may want to try her Better Schools Mod:

This mod is the better grade school and better high school mod combined. This mod also contains the online learning system from the home-school mod. https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/better-schools-mod

She also updated her Preschool Mod: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/preschool-mod
  • preshousepreshouse Posts: 2 New Member
    I use MCCC to quit school and use the online learning system from the Better Schools Mod. It includes more interactions when your sims are at school, and if you want them home-schooled, you can use the system by placing a custom computer down and using the interations on there such as, Study _____ and Meet Classmates
  • LynnziegoLynnziego Posts: 9 New Member
    > @preshouse said:
    > I use MCCC to quit school and use the online learning system from the Better Schools Mod. It includes more interactions when your sims are at school, and if you want them home-schooled, you can use the system by placing a custom computer down and using the interations on there such as, Study _____ and Meet Classmates

Hey I just downloaded the better schools mod but it doesn't seem to be working. It only gives me the default options that came with the game.. Maybe I did something wrong.. I unzipped the file, put it all in my mods folder, but it shows Version1 thru 5.. do I just need 1 version? Did you put them all in the mods folder or just one? Any help would be much appreciated. I use her preschool mod and it works like a charm. Thanks!
  • jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lynnziego wrote: »
    > @preshouse said:
    > I use MCCC to quit school and use the online learning system from the Better Schools Mod. It includes more interactions when your sims are at school, and if you want them home-schooled, you can use the system by placing a custom computer down and using the interations on there such as, Study _____ and Meet Classmates

Hey I just downloaded the better schools mod but it doesn't seem to be working. It only gives me the default options that came with the game.. Maybe I did something wrong.. I unzipped the file, put it all in my mods folder, but it shows Version1 thru 5.. do I just need 1 version? Did you put them all in the mods folder or just one? Any help would be much appreciated. I use her preschool mod and it works like a charm. Thanks!

I just downloaded this also. I will try tomorrow with taking out one of the versions and play with it. On my download in that area, it says that version 1 is required in parenthesis. I might just keep that one. I will let you know tomorrow morning some time.

Edited to let you know that when you put all versions in the mods folder, it just gives you more options of computers to use. :)
    Post edited by jamie_pauly9682 on
    preshouse wrote: »
    I use MCCC to quit school and use the online learning system from the Better Schools Mod. It includes more interactions when your sims are at school, and if you want them home-schooled, you can use the system by placing a custom computer down and using the interations on there such as, Study _____ and Meet Classmates

Do the sims grades increase when you do this? I was trying to figure this out but I can't find where in MCCC "quit school" is. So, I ended up using vacation days for my sims to stay home and study online for the time being.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    @jamie_pauly9682 When you quit school with MCCC you only get the option to get part time jobs. No grades.

At least that's how it worked for me.
    @jamie_pauly9682 When you quit school with MCCC you only get the option to get part time jobs. No grades.

At least that's how it worked for me.

Thanks for letting me know. I wish someone would take up this mod and fix/update it as needed. There are a lot of kids who are homeschooled.