Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do two sims not have lifetime wishes?

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
They’re teens and they have no lifetime wish, but their teen sister has one. I couldn’t see a way to add one either. I also can’t find the change lifetime wish reward either for their mom since hers is complete

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sims don't have to have a lifetime wish until the young adult stage. The one who doesn't have one will get one when he/she ages up, which you will be able to choose at that time if you are playing that household.

The change lifetime wish reward can only be used when the original LTW has not been completed. There is no provision in the game for giving a sim a second LTW after already completing one. You can only do that with a mod.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Some teens will get a LTW offered as an opportunity, the player chooses if that will indeed become this sim’s LTW (like with every opportunity: yay or nay). For me this feels quite realistic. Some people grow up having a calling they indeed will stick to the rest of their life, but many of us just don’t know and need time (into adulthood) to decide what our purpose of life is.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Sims don't have to have a lifetime wish until the young adult stage. The one who doesn't have one will get one when he/she ages up, which you will be able to choose at that time if you are playing that household.

The change lifetime wish reward can only be used when the original LTW has not been completed. There is no provision in the game for giving a sim a second LTW after already completing one. You can only do that with a mod.

Been a while since I’ve played. I used the lifetime reward to give them s wish. Now I wish I hadn’t
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sometimes teenagers are influenced in their lifetime wishes by the places they go to. I had one teenager go on a class trip to the Theatre, and roll the LTW to become a Movie Composer, while another went to a game at the Stadium and rolled the LTW for Superstar Athlete.
    It doesn't always occur, but it sometimes happens.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    Sometimes teenagers are influenced in their lifetime wishes by the places they go to. I had one teenager go on a class trip to the Theatre, and roll the LTW to become a Movie Composer, while another went to a game at the Stadium and rolled the LTW for Superstar Athlete.
    It doesn't always occur, but it sometimes happens.

I have no way to remove their wishes now
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2019
    CursedDice wrote: »

You mean the teen who already has a lifetime wish? You can replace it with the LTR that changes them, but that's very expensive. Or better yet, you can use MasterController with MasterController Cheats installed to change the lifetime wish anytime you want without using points. I think you can use that on the mom too.

When those mods are installed, just click on your sim > nraas > master controller > intermediate > lifetime wish.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    You could also change their LTW going into CAS I suppose (through Mastercontroller or - if you don’t have mods - testingcheatsenabled true)? I remember playing a teen once who I gave a LTW. Then Pets came out with its new LTWes, and I changed it into one of them. So it must be possible (and I didn’t have mods back then).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    I believe the mod is required to give a sim a new LTW when they have already realized their original one and the player wants them to begin on their next one. But @JoAnne65 is correct, any sim that can be brought into testingcheats CAS should be able to have their LTW changed without mods provided they haven't satisfied one yet. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    CursedDice wrote: »

You mean the teen who already has a lifetime wish? You can replace it with the LTR that changes them, but that's very expensive. Or better yet, you can use MasterController with MasterController Cheats installed to change the lifetime wish anytime you want without using points. I think you can use that on the mom too.

When those mods are installed, just click on your sim > nraas > master controller > intermediate > lifetime wish.

I gave the two who had no wishes, wishes using the reward. They're the ones I'd be interested in removing again
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You could also change their LTW going into CAS I suppose (through Mastercontroller or - if you don’t have mods - testingcheatsenabled true)? I remember playing a teen once who I gave a LTW. Then Pets came out with its new LTWes, and I changed it into one of them. So it must be possible (and I didn’t have mods back then).

I tried. The lifetime wish section is missing for them
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    When you open CAS (using testingcheats or mastercontroller, so I don’t mean through the mirror), you can open the section where you can set their traits, their voice, their zodiac sign, their favourite colour etc, and also their LTW. You can just change it into another one when in there. It’s the button with the plumbob.

02.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    That section isn't there for teens though, or any sim under YA. Everything below "Change Traits" is just blank, even in MC's version of CAS, with MC Cheats also installed.

A while back, I edited a couple of teens' outfits in MC CAS, so I could check out their sliders. The girl came out with a different LTW than what I'd assigned her as a child, although the boy's stayed the same. (Neither had completed it.) I always thought it was because the girl's wish—Renaissance Sim—had nothing to do with her traits; she'd rolled it when she hit level 7 of her first skill as a child. (The boy's wish, Perfect Private Aquarium, played into his Angler trait.) So I figured the game had selected the girl a new LTW from among those that would have been displayed based on her traits, even if I couldn't see the wishes.

I couldn't replicate this when I tried later, perhaps because by the time I got around to testing, she'd already maxed two of the three required skills. (The boy's total was zero when he went into CAS.) But I didn't have any trouble reassigning her original LTW via MC.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Oh, oops, didn’t know that. In that case you’ll indeed have to wait till they turn YA.

ETA: what happens when you turn them into YA in CAS, change the LTW and then turn them into a teen again?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Oh, oops, didn’t know that. In that case you’ll indeed have to wait till they turn YA.

ETA: what happens when you turn them into YA in CAS, change the LTW and then turn them into a teen again?

I never thought of that! Going to try it.

I'm playing a family where the teen already had a life time wish, no idea how he got it and I wanted to change it.

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member

@JoAnne65 I never thought of that either. It would be neat if it worked. Otherwise, there's always the old-fashioned (i.e. modless) solution, which is to cheat up the LTR points until a sim can buy another "Change Lifetime Wish" reward. To the OP: If you don't already know how to do this, you need to enable cheats at the Main Menu, before you load your save. Bring up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes. Once you load the save, you'll be able to crtl-click on a spot on the Lifetime Happiness tab of the user interface. The correct spot is between the treasure chest icon and the number of points; it might take a couple of tries to get it right.

As far as removing an assigned LTW without replacing it with a new one though, I have no idea if that's even possible.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    I really have to spend some time out there in the real world without MasterController once in a while. Sorry about the lack of complete information.

For a teen or younger, yes enter either MC's version of CAS or EA's using testingcheatsenabled, change them temporarily to YA, select or change the LTW, set them back to their original age stage, save. Just tested this on teens and children and it worked on both versions of CAS including without MC Integration in place. It may take a short while after doing this for the LTW to show up on the sim's info panel if they are active. Be sure not to save the sim without setting their age stage back or you may have a rather deformed looking YA on your hands.

Note that the testingcheats CAS method, without MC Integration in play, may subject the sim to a random age change (number of sim days) within their current age stage as EA's version of CAS is so famous for doing.

For those already using MC anyway with the MC Cheats module, it's much simpler to use its LTW command on sims in any age stage. But the point is, LTWs can be set or changed on any sims without mods as long as they haven't fulfilled their LTW already.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net