Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

Confirmed to be coming so far

350 color swatches base game only (Doors Only)

Update June 15th

Teen Part Time Jobs that Adults can now do

Lounge Chairs

Fix to fan to make blades go in opposite direction and possibly cool sims

32 bit legacy update postponed

Off The Grid Lot Trait

Clothing Optional Lot Trait

Fishing Overhaul

Ceiling Decor Catagory

Trait Randomizer

LBGT Stuff

Possibly being added to base game for pools
Kiss In Water Interaction
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Hoping for a bunch of bug fixes, would be a good last patch for 32-bit players. Hopefully it doesn't break more than it fixes!

I thought it was 350 swatches? Those last 25 are important!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hoping for a bunch of bug fixes, would be a good last patch for 32-bit players. Hopefully it doesn't break more than it fixes!

I thought it was 350 swatches? Those last 25 are important!

Oops.Will fix.

Update
    Fixed
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I hope this patch was the big update that we've been longing for. The end of 32-bit support will be beneficial to the game since now the Gurus have more to work with and less technical restrictions so I hope this patch is REALLY REALLY GOOD.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm personally hoping for Create a World
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Still some bug fixes out there that are needed before cutting off 32-bit players, so hoping for a lot of bug fixes, plus whatever is needed to support the next pack. They could split the patch and have the bug fixes/new swatches in the first part of the month, release Legacy Edition, then pre-pack patch later in the month a few days before pack release.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Still some bug fixes out there that are needed before cutting off 32-bit players, so hoping for a lot of bug fixes, plus whatever is needed to support the next pack. They could split the patch and have the bug fixes/new swatches in the first part of the month, release Legacy Edition, then pre-pack patch later in the month a few days before pack release.
    That would be fine with me. I'm hearing the blue ceiling bug has returned for some people.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am hoping for it to fix a lot of stuff. Content is nice so is a bunch of other stuff but if it breaks more than it should where it makes the game unplayable even if we are playing vanilla. I am going with the game will be broken for at least half a year and we will be unable to use any CC or mods because of how broken it will be. I am thinking Season's level of unplayability because of the update. Sorry for being critical and cynical but I gave up hope on a decent update with minimum problems afterwards for a while now. :'(
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sims stuck in a workplace is also returned, if they dont fix bugs introduced in get famous patch (celeb quirk, vamp traits) that would be nightmare for 32bit players.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope that it comes with more features (besides the fixes). The 350 swatches seems like they want to leave the 32 bit players with much more content in the game. Let's hope there's more :tongue:
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Cool with the swatches, hope it can make some stuff easier to match. That will definitely help sooth my OCD, haha.

Do you guys have any thoughts about the patch possibly breaking mods?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Things like the teleporting and time lag are annoying but can be tolerated, as far as I'm concerned. If you can't do something in the game that you should be able to do, that's a bug that really must be fixed for the legacy edition.

It does make sense to do two patches in June, since we're apparently not getting one for May. One to squash as many bugs as possible before the legacy edition, and the pre-pack. Since the pre-pack will undoubtedly break some new things (I'm not being negative, just realistic), it would be sensible to deliver it after the legacy edition. (Assuming that we're getting a pack in late June, which does seem likely.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Bug fixes, hopefully lots of them
    350 new swatches
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Bug fixes are a necessity.
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?
    > @Gamerlil said:
    > It does seem unfair as they purchased the Sims 4 thinking that they could play it on their current system but I suppose with all the new content coming out they have to up the system requirements as people wouldn't be able to run it smoothly on the 32 bit I believe but could be wrong in thinking that the 64 bit allows your system to use more ram for performance

At least we could get bigger neighborhoods in future expansions, del sol from get together was small due to performance and it really ruined that neighborhood for me.
    > @Gamerlil said:
    > TheShadowSageSim wrote: »
    >
    > > @Gamerlil said:
    > > It does seem unfair as they purchased the Sims 4 thinking that they could play it on their current system but I suppose with all the new content coming out they have to up the system requirements as people wouldn't be able to run it smoothly on the 32 bit I believe but could be wrong in thinking that the 64 bit allows your system to use more ram for performance
    >
    > At least we could get bigger neighborhoods in future expansions, del sol from get together was small due to performance and it really ruined that neighborhood for me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe they are planning on opening the neighbourhoods up more that's why they needed to change the specs it's possible

that would be awesome, perhaps each neighbourhood inside a world is fully loaded so that we don't need to load to visit other lots, though I would imagine that would break old saves
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    Hi catloverplayer can I Just say that it's great to see such a great passionate player in the forums I'm new here and have been looking around the forum reading everyone posts and they have shown me how good a game this is its great

Welcome to the forums! You'll love it here. We love to SPECULATE LMAO
    Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?

Yes that's what it means. I've heard they won't be able to use the gallery either. I'd advise them to upgrade to a new PC or console.
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    Hi catloverplayer can I Just say that it's great to see such a great passionate player in the forums I'm new here and have been looking around the forum reading everyone posts and they have shown me how good a game this is its great

Hi and thanks.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?