Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Scuba Diving to make a comeback in a Tropical EP?

suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
Hey guys, would you want scuba diving to make a comeback in a Tropical EP? I personally would since scuba diving is something on my bucket list and I wouldn't be able to do it right now so in the mean time I'll do it in The Sims™. I envision if it was in Sims™ 4, it would be similar to how Jungle Adventure works, so for the most part open, but when you are swimming to the outer reaches of a lot or you have unlocked a secret area, then there's a loading screen. What do you guys think, would you want scuba diving to make a comeback in a Tropical EP? Voice your opinions below!

PS: If someone could make a render of what scuba diving could look like in The Sims™ 4, that would be great!

Do you want Scuba Diving to make a comeback in a Tropical EP? 169 votes

Yes!
86%
CK213OneAdorkableGirlcatmom1987icmnfrshJeanrudy8292IcewolfMadstarletstoryyaelias24MsMayWritin_RegIsb917SimburianMeteoraStormCynnaAlexizeferret9005freindlylolANNETTE1951 147 votes
No.
13%
Dannydanbokeekee53friendlysimmersBagoas77PlumbobCrossingjcp011c2DoloresGreytadeoalonso2shadownightfireaws200ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtJacoSurEvilyn_1007Rae357Evie0602SimsWichtesThemrsg4422Charlotta11EnjoyfulSimmer 22 votes

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Yes!
    Why not?
    y'all got bread?
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Yes!
    Diving is half the part why I'd be interested in a tropical pack.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yes!
    I'd love to see this!
    Proud simmer
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes!
    Yes I would love scuba diving.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yes!
    The more features, the better.

I actually never played with the scuba diving feature in TS3, unfortunately, but it seemed cool.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No.
    If they give us diving, that will require underwater dive lots. Because we are getting fewer and fewer lots in every pack, that means we'll get fewer lots on land. I'm not for that. I want more lots on land, not less. I can do without underwater adventures if we get fun stuff to do on land.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes!
    It'll be nice to have, but I won't be too upset if it's not there. As long as there are lots of other water activities, I'm good.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Yes!
    I agree with dannydanbo to an extent I think if diving is coming there’s going to be some sort of trade-off. I just hope it isn’t the amount of lots. I’m hoping that with 32bit not being supported for this pack we will have a fair number of lots in our world again *fingers crossed*

However, if diving isn’t included it’s not that big of a deal to me.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes!
    Would love to see it but not a huge deal if it's left out to me
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Yes!
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If they give us diving, that will require underwater dive lots. Because we are getting fewer and fewer lots in every pack, that means we'll get fewer lots on land. I'm not for that. I want more lots on land, not less. I can do without underwater adventures if we get fun stuff to do on land.

I sure hope that they can include it since this pack warranted 32-bit support being dropped to be made possible so hopefully the world can be as large as WIndenburg or maybe even bigger and then we can have underwater lots.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No.
    suzyl3 wrote: »

I sure hope that they can include it since this pack warranted 32-bit support being dropped to be made possible so hopefully the world can be as large as WIndenburg or maybe even bigger and then we can have underwater lots.

I think a lot of people who are hoping that dropping the 32-bit will greatly improve the game, might be in for a big disappointment.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    I'm going to have to vote no seeing as I could care less about exploring or collecting so I don't see how this feature could add much game play for me. Sims 4 hardly adds new features so something like this would take up a lot of the budget that would be limited to one or at most two closed world lots and never be expanded upon again as they wont be able to add dive lots to older worlds and wont add dive lots to new worlds.

The last 2 vacation packs leaned heavily toward collecting and exploring be it the hermit or temple I'd much rather get vacation pack that actually had vacation activities and not exploring some caves.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! If for no other reason then our sims need more recreational activities, and I love treasure hunting & collecting. And I'm perfectly fine with sacrificing a couple of land lots for some undersea ones, even with my worlds at near capacity. If it's a destination, it wouldn't make any difference to me anyway, since I only make minimal changes to those worlds.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The last 2 vacation packs leaned heavily toward collecting and exploring be it the hermit or temple I'd much rather get vacation pack that actually had vacation activities and not exploring some caves.
    To be fair, expansion pack have more content unlike game packs and thus more possible game features. They definitely should not focus exclusively on exploration and collecting though, I hope they didn't make it the main point of this one. Tropical expansion has a lot potential for good various activities not related to exploration, for example surfing, tanning, volleyball, swimming, etc.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No.

No and for the exact same reasons here.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes!
    This game is so limited as far as what they can do, that I don't think it's possible.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Yes!
    I don't think I ever did use scuba diving in TS3 but I mean, the more things you can do in the game, the better. So why not? Make it as full of content as possible.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Yes!
    Definatley yes, it's was the most fun part for me in the sims 3 tropical pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    Yes!
    I didn’t get that far in the sims3, so yeah, I think it would be a nice activity to do.... maybe we could collect things if want too. But if I had to choose between scuba diving in the ocean and swimming in the ocean I would choose swimming. I hope we have lots of lots.
    Yes!
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm going to have to vote no seeing as I could care less about exploring or collecting so I don't see how this feature could add much game play for me. Sims 4 hardly adds new features so something like this would take up a lot of the budget that would be limited to one or at most two closed world lots and never be expanded upon again as they wont be able to add dive lots to older worlds and wont add dive lots to new worlds.

Good point, but the more content in a pack, the better!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yes!
    The ocean is enchanting to me. There's something about exploring the depths that just makes me so serene, and I loved it in TS3. I would be so excited to see what TS4 can do with scuba diving!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes!
    But not if I have to see stupid mermaids while trying to enjoy my dive.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes!
    I'd like diving a lot, and see townie sims underwater diving as well, either to swim with dolphins or to take pictures of tropical fish or to find treasure and pearls.

I don't care whether or not mermaids are there, I just want the realistic experience of diving underwater in the sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Yes!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'd like diving a lot, and see townie sims underwater diving as well, either to swim with dolphins or to take pictures of tropical fish or to find treasure and pearls.

I don't care whether or not mermaids are there, I just want the realistic experience of diving underwater in the sims.

Same here. I just want mermaids since I feel that the occult fans haven't had a new one for so long, but if you don't like occults then you can have an option to play without them.