March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing The Sims 4 for?

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
    Welcome @SleepycatDSL <3
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Under a month; I’m new to The Sims 4.
    Welcome @SleepycatDSL <3

Thank you :)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
    I have been playing since 2014 but the first few years were INCREDIBLY disappointing. Now with all DLC I enjoy it.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    However, I uninstall Sims4 several months ago and play sims2 after that :D
    4kTG3iX.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    1-2 years; I’ve been playing for a while and feel experienced with The Sims 4.
    I got into TS4 roughly two and a half years ago, in January 2017, and only because my beloved TS2 would no longer work on my new computer. Strangely, I didn't start actually playing the game until another month later, I was kind of afraid of live mode because of how different everything suddenly was, so I spent that entire time creating sims and trying to build instead. I still have households in my library that I created back then, but haven't moved into the world yet.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I wasn't all in for the Sims4, initially. I want no part of a multi-player game or MMO. Been there done that, didn't have the best time. Once EA lifted that and said Sims4 would be single player, I read all the threads I could to get informed as to just what to expect. I made up my mind, early enough to pre-order it, in fact. Then we got the rather deflating news that toddlers would not be in the game at release. However, I saw the language used and realized it would merely be a matter of time. Instead of canceling my pre-order, I determined I would still get it upon release. But, (and this is a big but) if the game itself didn't wow me, I would not spend a single penny more on it. That condition was met, I'm very happy to say. For me the characters are it whether it be in a book, a movie, a play, or yes, even a game. These Sims, while not completely the same as those in Sims2, were what was lacking, entirely for me, in Sims3. I didn't have to orchestrate conversations at the dinner table. Phew!

At this moment in time I have all but one game pack (vampires) and one stuff pack (pets first pets, or whatever it's named). I absolutely LOVE GF, and use Road to Fame to augment it, so I can have my singer Sim back. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I started playing the Sims on the ps4 when it came to console in Nov 2017. That was the absolute first time I'd played any sims game. Transitioned to pc this past Christmas when my hubby bought me my first gaming computer. :smile:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Since release. Didn't get hooked until Seasons pack though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Aww and still can't get enough.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I've played every generation of every Sims game since the day they were released. Well except for The Sims...I found out about it maybe a month after launch?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Since its release, and I regret it because I paid $80 for the base game, and it's now being given out for free. If there is a Sims 5, I will not buy it at launch.

You realize it took them nearly 5 years to have it free for a week, right? I can't wait to buy The Sims 5 on launch day!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2019
    The computer I had at the time didn't meet the minimum requirements to play TS4. I did buy it a few months after it came out and it was on sale but I couldn't really play it, the graphics were horrible. So I waited until I got a new computer the following summer. I go through phases where I'll play for a while and then take short or extended breaks. Technically I've had TS4 since 2014 but didn't give it a real try until 2015 when I got a new computer. I had the demo as well.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    3-4 years; I’m very experienced with The Sims 4.
    I got the game just short of a year after it came out. Don't know why I waited that long, I've always played the sims since the original "The Sims" title. Guess I was just having too much fun with The Sims 3 and decided to wait. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    i bought the sims 4 about 2017 something? i stopped playing until October of 2018 after watching some sim youtubers! so glad i started playing again :)
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I purchased TS4 shortly after it came out after playing TS3 for a while. I was instantly charmed by it's different graphics and style. I am currently taking a break from the game, hoping for a new pack to perk my interests again. I'm currently LOVING Skyrim. If only I could mash up both of the games together it would be perfect :smiley:
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I've been playing The Sims since the first game. I grew up playing TS1 and TS2, then had a short break before getting into TS3. TS4 was announced shortly after and went right to the top of my Christmas wishlist and I have been playing it ever since.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Back when I was a kid I played the original game and TS2 from launch, but then I skipped TS3 and jumped back in with TS4 about the time when Get To Work came out. I love the art style and general feel of this game. Welcome to all the new simmers!
  • MissSnowDrop91MissSnowDrop91 Posts: 10 New Member
    Under a month; I’m new to The Sims 4.
    I have only started playing Sims 4 from yesterday when I got the game for free through the offer that is on at the moment. The first Sims game I played was The Sims in 2001 when I was 10 years old through one of my cousins, then I played Sims 2 for a few years in 2005 when I was 14 years old when my family finally got a computer. I still haven't been able to play Sims 3. I am now almost 28 years old and because of the offer on at the moment I was able to get Sims 4 for free and I can't wait to get back into the Sims world.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I have only started playing Sims 4 from yesterday when I got the game for free through the offer that is on at the moment. The first Sims game I played was The Sims in 2001 when I was 10 years old through one of my cousins, then I played Sims 2 for a few years in 2005 when I was 14 years old when my family finally got a computer. I still haven't been able to play Sims 3. I am now almost 28 years old and because of the offer on at the moment I was able to get Sims 4 for free and I can't wait to get back into the Sims world.
    Ayy, welcome to The Sims 4! You’ll love it!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    1-6 months; I’m not that new to The Sims 4.
    Just shy a year. I went for a $10 sale last year, and only because it was so cheap. I would NEVER have imagining enjoying it so much. Sims 3 could never lure me away from TS2, but Sims 4...kinda has. (I've been playing the series itself since release.)
    Aww, sound a lot like me! Except I went for the Christmas sale :smiley: I said I wouldn't buy any EPs when I bought the base game, but now I have already bought one and might very well buy more. I'm actually surprised how much I have been playing when I initially wasn't that excited to play Sims 4.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Super awesome to see new players here! Welcome to the Sims 4 life :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I've been playing The Sims 4 since it was launched. I can still remember being sat in my bedroom at my previous house downloading it and praying the internet didn't cut out hahaha. It took me a couple of months to get into it if I'm totally honest but thousands of hours later here I still am.

One word of advice to all players, don't calculate the percentage of time in the last 4-5 years you have spent playing The Sims 4. Hahahaha. Put it this way, I know people have racked up more hours than me and even then, 7.5% of my time since it was released has been spent playing The Sims 4 :O
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I got the base game along with Dine Out and Get to Work on a sale back in 2016. I still have my first save file.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I started playing just a few months after it came out. I had started playing sims FreePlay on my phone and tablet and got frustrated when they changed it where you had to jump through hoops to stop your sims from aging in it. I was given a low end laptop as a present that was able to play the sims4, and started playing that Christmas, I bought every pack as they came along until about the time toddlers came out, and my computer worked too slow after that, so I saved for a nice new gaming laptop for about 2 years, and I am caught up on packs, but there is still a lot I haven’t done. One of them being parties and another exploring the ruins in Jungle adventure. I spent a long time getting apartments ready for sims and downloading and making community lots and exploring the festivals and now that they fixed the overlapping in San Myshuno. I love that city, but I wish it were larger so I could have a place for several retail stores, restaurants, and community lots there. I have made a few cats and dogs, haven’t explored adopting or getting puppies/kittens other than making them in CAS and placing them. I played through Strangerville once, but wish they would have given us a big lot to make a military base on, I hate to get rid of the crashed plane lot, it looks so cute there. So I took a smaller town lot, down loaded one, changed it around, and added a couple extra basement stories. I haven’t played Get Famous much, but am playing the newcomer in the valley home that came with it. I still haven’t explored parenthood much, but did learn that other than studying parenthood having and caring for a baby actually gives you parenthood experience. I still have a lot to do, but always find myself short of lots. I wish they would create another empty lot world.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I've had it for like 5 years but only have somewhere around 60 hours behind it.