Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2, 18, 350

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are so many base game objects that had few choices to begin with. Hopefully, if more swatches are added to those, I'll be able to use them more often now.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Disappointed as I'd prefer new items or CAS content, but hopefully the other numbers are pack related.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    350 swatches will just lead to more unmachable items.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Do you think we will get new hair colors? I need a lighter brown that is not so red like the present one.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Unless they actively avoided this problem by making everything have matching sets, which I hope is the case
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Unless they actively avoided this problem by making everything have matching sets, which I hope is the case

We’ll see. 350 swatches is really not much when you consider how many objects the game has. A couch for example that has an exposed frame and cushions could take up multiple swatches by itself, not including the sofa version or accompanying chair. Like I said though, we’ll see what this entails when they show us. I’m not going to shout praise until I see what exactly I’m supposed to praise.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I might...key word "might" be happy if some of the swatches are hair colors because we have GOT to have more hair colors, this is one reason I use alot of CC hair...

Other than that....-sighs- Not impressed...
    We’ll see. 350 swatches is really not much when you consider how many objects the game has.

THIS! Now that you pointed this out I also noticed this....
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited May 2019
    The EA team is making some couch swatches while some fans are making an entire attraction system.. can’t say I’m surprised.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2019
    I might...key word "might" be happy if some of the swatches are hair colors because we have GOT to have more hair colors, this is one reason I use alot of CC hair...

Other than that....-sighs- Not impressed...
    We’ll see. 350 swatches is really not much when you consider how many objects the game has.

THIS! Now that you pointed this out I also noticed this....

To please me they would enable beds to use all existing cover swatches, all furniture to use all colours and all windows and doors too. 350 swatches are a good deal if it applies to all objects in the same class.

Editing a door so that you could have different colours on each side might be a dream too far but one can always hope.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="Olivesplum06;c-17075527"]The EA team is making some couch swatches while some fans are making an entire attraction system.. can’t say I’m surprised.[/quote]

This is very sad actually :(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm glad we are getting new object swatches. But I wish they'd also give us some new roof colours with the current textures. Like actual red roof tiles instead of just pink. Or more solid color options for wallpapers and flooring. Hopefully though we are getting new counter swatches and matching bar swatches.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    The EA team is making some couch swatches while some fans are making an entire attraction system.. can’t say I’m surprised.

THIS...It still baffles me how they can't give us something amazing like the modders have because they say the game engine won't allow them..which in all honesty I find this a load of bull...if modders are able to these amazing things why cant a big gaming company? It lit. makes no sense.
    edited May 2019
    Modders give us
    • Fake physics for body and hair
    • New swatches
    • Hotels owning and running or vacationing at them
    • Attraction system
    • Removal of the pointless stupid goal system
    • Fade off the lot careers
    • Active careers
    • University
    • Active grade school
    • Bachelor/Bachelorette parties
    • Improved weddings
    • Honey moons
    • Scars and other facial features before Get Famous
    • Removing many restrictions for kids so they can be more responsible and have more interactions in the game
    • Tropical Paradise (Outdoor Retreat reskin with new interactions and features)
    • Sunburns/Tanning
    • Witches
    • Mermaids
    • Servos
    • Simbots
    • Improved Ghosts
    • Improved Vampires
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Fairies
    • Plant Sims
    • Dozens of new foods and drinks
    • Controllable pets
    • Height Slider
    • Slow Dancing
    • Makeout while standing instead of just couches and edge of bed
    • Relax on the bed (just like Sims 2 and 3)
    • New emotions
    • Unlocking many objects from base game and DLC to be used for clutter and other things (various plants, decorations, and interactive objects)
    • Removal of annoying features (toddlers/children making a mess, Sims constantly drinking water from sink, Sims constantly wanting to kiss, and various other Autonomy actions)
    • MC Command Center (Quality of Life necessity for Sims 4)
    • A certain Wicked....you know
    • Owning different venues like museums, bars, nightclubs, etc.
    • Seasons before Seasons came out
    • Improved graphics
    • Simulation Lag Fixes
    and so so much more

Meanwhile Maxis makes a big deal out of a white self. o:)
    Can they just announce Toilet Stuff Pack already? I rather have that than teasers to get us hyped for nothing. XD
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="KaeChan2089;c-17075544"][quote="TomaTeri;c-17075535"][quote="Olivesplum06;c-17075527"]The EA team is making some couch swatches while some fans are making an entire attraction system.. can’t say I’m surprised.[/quote]

This is very sad actually :([/quote]

THIS...It still baffles me how they can't give us something amazing like the modders have because they say the game engine won't allow them..which in all honesty I find this a load of bull...if modders are able to these amazing things why cant a big gaming company? It lit. makes no sense.
    [/quote]

As many people point out, EA just doesn't have any competitors in life simulation genre so they don't have to try really. Don't get me wrong, I love The Sims but this is just a huge disappointment that they don't do anything to "earn" our love/money/support...making a great deal out of new color swatches? Come on
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Since we don’t know what else is coming, we can’t actually say the swatches are “sad” or anything. Let’s wait with the judgements until we know more.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.

As many people point out, EA just doesn't have any competitors in life simulation genre so they don't have to try really. Don't get me wrong, I love The Sims but this is just a huge disappointment that they don't do anything to "earn" our love/money/support...making a great deal out of new color swatches? Come on

True. I live in a small town with only one internet provider in the area. They have a monopoly over the town and can get away with crappy service, slow download speeds etc. I wish someone would try and make another life simulator.

Instead of making 350 color swatches just do the color wheel like put all this effort into that. You can patch up and fix an ugly shirt but it’s still gonna be ugly. Give me a new, pretty shirt.

I kinda wanna go shopping now.

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

True. I live in a small town with only one internet provider in the area. They have a monopoly over the town and can get away with plum service, slow download speeds etc. I wish someone would try and make another life simulator.

Instead of making 350 color swatches just do the color wheel like put all this effort into that. You can patch up and fix an ugly shirt but it’s still gonna be ugly. Give me a new, pretty shirt.

I kinda wanna go shopping now.

Yeah. On one hand, I'm excited any possible new content because this is the Sims game we have. On the other, I'm still hoping Paradox Tectonic comes up with a competing product so that there'll at least be competition. :grimace: The consumers win when there's competition
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Woahhhhhh, some people on here are so ungrateful. Fair enough, we'd prefer to see new content, but the team have obviously worked very hard on giving us more choice and variety for objects that already exist in the game which I find such a positive. We will continue to and always will get new content, we already know the what's on the horizon until the end of October so to be given updates to objects already in the game is great news. Kudos to the Gurus, because they do listen and I know that people have wanted more swatches for various objects for so long.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Woahhhhhh, some people on here are so ungrateful. Fair enough, we'd prefer to see new content, but the team have obviously worked very hard on giving us more choice and variety for objects that already exist in the game which I find such a positive. We will continue to and always will get new content, we already know the what's on the horizon until the end of October so to be given updates to objects already in the game is great news. Kudos to the Gurus, because they do listen and I know that people have wanted more swatches for various objects for so long.

Eh I wouldn’t say ungrateful at all. The game is going on 5 years and people are asking for a whole lot more than some recolored base game objects. It’s cool they’re doing it, but it’s hardly a solution for their repeated bad swatch choices. These 350 swatches don’t do anything for the DLC they’ve added to the game.

Wouldn’t call it ungrateful. Would call it frustrated. I’ve been playing this series for like 15 years, I’d like to have my voice heard for once.

They aren’t gonna get a ton of praise from me for putting more swatches on stuff while the game BEFORE this one had a color-wheel. Just like if we ever get burglars, I’m not gonna be on the ground praising them when it should’ve been in the base game to begin with. Shouldn’t take you over 5 years to implement basic things.

Now, if they come up with something new and spectacular that hasn’t been in previous games, I’ll be impressed.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Modders give us
    • New swatches
    • Attraction system
    • Active careers
    • University
    • Active grade school
    • Improved weddings
    • Honey moons
    • Removing many restrictions for kids so they can be more responsible and have more interactions in the game
    • Sunburns/Tanning
    • Witches
    • Mermaids
    • Servos
    • Simbots
    • Improved Ghosts
    • Improved Vampires
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Fairies
    • Plant Sims
    • Controllable pets
    • Height Slider
    • Slow Dancing
    • New emotions
    • Unlocking many objects from base game and DLC to be used for clutter and other things (various plants, decorations, and interactive objects)
    • Removal of annoying features (toddlers/children making a mess, Sims constantly drinking water from sink, Sims constantly wanting to kiss, and various other Autonomy actions)
    • Improved graphics
    • Simulation Lag Fixes
    and so so much more

Can they just announce Toilet Stuff Pack already? I rather have that than teasers to get us hyped for nothing. XD

And then allllllllll those mods break and possibly destroy your game. Yay!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited May 2019

That's one thing the regular game does better than any mod. :D

Sorry, but I saw my chance and had to take it.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Modders give us
    • New swatches
    • Attraction system
    • Active careers
    • University
    • Active grade school
    • Improved weddings
    • Honey moons
    • Sunburns/Tanning
    • Witches
    • Mermaids
    • Servos
    • Simbots
    • Improved Ghosts
    • Improved Vampires
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Fairies
    • Plant Sims
    • Controllable pets
    • Height Slider
    • Slow Dancing
    • New emotions
    • Improved graphics
    • Simulation Lag Fixes
    and so so much more

Ironically you need a lot of them to fix the broken game. B)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2019
    Modders give us
    • New swatches
    • Attraction system
    • Active careers
    • University
    • Active grade school
    • Improved weddings
    • Honey moons
    • Sunburns/Tanning
    • Witches
    • Mermaids
    • Servos
    • Simbots
    • Improved Ghosts
    • Improved Vampires
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Fairies
    • Plant Sims
    • Controllable pets
    • Height Slider
    • Slow Dancing
    • New emotions
    • Improved graphics
    • Simulation Lag Fixes
    and so so much more

These mods won't break your game, lol. If one stops working or needs to be updated, just take it out and go about your day. I have most of the ones listed and my game runs fine. In fact, I need some of these mods to make the game playable for me.

The point was that some random person in their spare time literally made occults and gave sims more depth. Meanwhile, we're getting teased about swatches. And adding that for the people who play vanilla is great and all, but it's not worth hyping up like this, which is where the disappointment comes from. It would have been better if they just flat out said what it was.

I'm indifferent either way, but I get where the frustration comes from. It's a valid feeling to have.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited May 2019

Eh I wouldn’t say ungrateful at all. The game is going on 5 years and people are asking for a whole lot more than some recolored base game objects. It’s cool they’re doing it, but it’s hardly a solution for their repeated bad swatch choices. These 350 swatches don’t do anything for the DLC they’ve added to the game.

Fair enough. However, we don’t know what they have planned for future releases, they could be readying a pack that everyone has been screaming out for. Remember that this is only a patch feature, it’s not supposed to add any major additional gameplay like a pack would.

Wouldn’t call it ungrateful. Would call it frustrated. I’ve been playing this series for like 15 years, I’d like to have my voice heard for once.

They aren’t gonna get a ton of praise from me for putting more swatches on stuff while the game BEFORE this one had a color-wheel. Just like if we ever get burglars, I’m not gonna be on the ground praising them when it should’ve been in the base game to begin with. Shouldn’t take you over 5 years to implement basic things.

Now, if they come up with something new and spectacular that hasn’t been in previous games, I’ll be impressed.

I have been playing since the original and I have watched the franchise grow into what it is today. We are all aware that the system draws certain limitations which is unfortunate, but nothing is going to change that. If you feel that strongly over a burglar being left out of the base game then by all means go off, but I truly believe that the devs have been trying to piece this game back together from the disastrous start back in 2014 and whilst the pace not may suit everyone, at least they are doing the best with what they have. We don’t know what’s next, so just keep a little faith.