Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a glitch harvesting the Quill plant from the alien world?

I have sent my astronaut sim to the alien world several times and tell her to pick the Quill plant and she starts "weeding" the plant and there is a gauge above her head slowly rising and she'd stop and went over to another plant and started "weeding" that one and then went to another and so on....but never seems to gather any of the Quill plants. Is this a glitch or do you just have to wait and wait to gather the plant?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    For anything to be harvestable, including alien plants, you'll need to make sure you have your sim in the same area as the plants at 5 am. This is something that was put in the game either with Seasons or with the patch that was just before Seasons.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I've had a similar problem, excluding the weeding part. The orb plant is producing fruit but not the quill plant. Maybe it's just out off season?
  • Options
    I decided to take a look a the growing season for the Quill plant, and according to Carl Sims, it can only be harvested in the Summer. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    So the seasons are the same on Earth and on the alien planet? LOL How convenient
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I didn't know the part about it having to be 5 a.m. to be able to harvest plants. Seems like I've had my vampire harvesting plasma fruit at all hours in the spooky neighborhood?
  • Options
    I didn't know the part about it having to be 5 a.m. to be able to harvest plants. Seems like I've had my vampire harvesting plasma fruit at all hours in the spooky neighborhood?

Does your sim live in Forgotten Hollow? If they do, then that is why they can harvest the Plasma Fruits any time during the day or night. But go over to the tree at 5 am and shortly afterward you'll see the tree produce new fruit.
  • Options
    tc145tc145 Posts: 8 New Member
    There are no quill plants on Sixam that I can see. How do I get a quill plant? I think the last update messed everything up like the examine water option in fishing that now doesn't tell you anything. Does anyone know what to do to get a quill plant, please?
  • Options
    If you are not against cheating, there is an option to buy it in buy mode, but you'll need to use the cheat first. I'll put the cheat in the spoiler in case you don't want to know.
    First enter the cheat

testingcheats on

Then enter

bb.showhiddenobjects

To locate it quicker, use the search bar and type in Quill Fruit

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @tc145 - you can download any of the veges/fruit from the gallery. Go to the gallery, and over on the left-hand there's a column. Select 'rooms' (I've not been to the gallery in ages & forget exactly where this particular menu choice is--think it's a little bit down from the top)--and then go over to the top middle where you can select 'hashtag' instead of the default 'item name' (other choice is EA ID, iirc). So you've selected rooms (out of 'all/households/lots/etc.'), and selected hashtag--now type in the kind of plant you want. I'd type "alienfruit" (without the quotes) in the window, but you can try 'quill.' Keep playing around with it until you find the plants you want.

You can get perfect quill plants from the gallery. :wink:
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I had to turn off aging at one point because I wanted my Sim to collect the quill fruit and she wasn't going to live until Summer. I had my Sims get up at 3 am (so that they'd have time to shower and breakfast - no stinky, hungry Sims in my rocket ship), blast off and then hang about looking for other collectibles until 5 am.

Most plants won't spawn that first morning of the season - you have to wait a day or so.
    I just want things to match. :'(