Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2, 18, 350

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Could they be adding a swatch grid?! It's something I've been hoping for, that would allow a variety of the selection of colors and textures to apply to any object.

I doubt it, though. It's probably mostly black and white swatches added to things that need them, plus some added colors between house build items so we can have matching things.
    #Team Occult
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    This is a nice surprise! I know they said they would consider giving us more swatches, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly. I hope they give us a list of the items updated and maybe a picture of the new swatches, so we'll be able to tell what's new.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Oh wow seems I guessed it right.

Now we can all go back to hibernation until the real deal drops.

BORRRRIINNNNNG. What a disappointment.
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2019
    SO sad people are mean and just want something out of them and get mad when that isn't what they want.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'm actually really excited for more swatches. Sure it's not the next pack but I really appreciate getting new colors for older items.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't understand why they didn't decide to include more swatches with the release though.

Sure it's nice, but it's like giving again what should have been in the base game. For sure the standard colors like white and blacks.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Did they said something about when? May it mean that a new patch is coming? Maybe with some other fixes...?
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2019
    telmarina wrote: »
    Did they said something about when? May it mean that a new patch is coming? Maybe with some other fixes...?

Ohhhh maybe the pre-pack patch! That’s exciting!

However with the legacy version probably including the same swatches i’m assuming it would be a separate patch? Maybe coming sooner that way!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    350 new swatches only for items from the base game. I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand I hope they made white items a true white and black items a real black. It would also be nice to have matching swatches for all Build/Buy objects such as doors and windows, kitchen appliances, and the same colors of wood for tables and chairs, kitchen counters, etc. It'll be interesting to see what the teams did with this update. I imagine they did this because of all the lighting changes that have been made since Sims4 was released. I noticed the base game objects looking a bit drab after Dine Out and Seasons came along. And as more packs were released, the teams did do a lot better in creating matching items, with many different swatches, so maybe that's why they concentrated on updating the things only included in the base game. Creating these swatches must have taken a lot of time and effort, and I am a bit excited about checking them out. Heck, at this point I'll take anything new. May has dragged on and on with no real news about anything, so this coming from SimGuruLyndsay is something we can rely on happening. The 'when' part is still up in the air, though. Sigh. Some things never change.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    350 swatches for stuff? Seriously? Pretty lame tbh. And are these swatches just for BB or will CAS get new swatches too? CAS better get some.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Truth be told, I'd rather have more hair colors!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    350 swatches sounds great hopefully they dont try to cover a little of everything instead of just completing something like doors and windows all with white and black swatches. Be pretty annoying if they did this update and you still could not use the window you want because they recolored a chair.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I guess swatches correctly!! Im so excited =)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm actually fine with 350 new swatches. It's still new content. It still would've been nice if we had CASt and multiple channels per object (like separate frames and sheets), but at least they gave the next best thing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Of course it’s not 350 new swatches, guys. It’s something else.

I humbly take back my words.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can someone do a count of how many basegame furniture items we have available? Counting doors and windows?

I wonder if this will include basegame CAS items too, but highly doubt.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Fine by me. Earlier this week I started building a new house that is still not finished, not because I'm so in love with experimenting and looking for clutter, but because it's so hard to find matching furniture. I'll gladly take anything that makes building more fun and less of a chore.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Oh wow seems I guessed it right.

Now we can all go back to hibernation until the real deal drops.

Oh yeah!! :p It is awesome. There is never enough swatches and color variety!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'm okay with the new 350 swatches. I was building a lot yesterday in a specific style and was frustrated how so many doors and windows are missing basic swatches...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2019
    350 swatches! I won't get time to play the game. So many choices to make. :) That's the sort of thing that comes out in a Patch so that everyone gets them.

(Still would have liked a 350x350 lot though). :(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sometimes I don't understand. Ok, I know many of us want the big lacking features, and I do too, such as better personalities, cars, NPcs etc. But I mean, we were also asking for more swatches? Isn't it true? 350 new swatches for basegame objects is pretty neat. I prefer this than nothing, I mean it is 350 news colors. It's like you can choose between having new sneakers for free or not, you'll choose to have new ones for free.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Hoooonestly these type of things should just be announced not teased. They know we want gameplay, packs etc and that we will hope for something big when they do this type of guessing-games.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I just want things to match! Though, half the problem is that we get things in DLC that I want to use, but they don't match items from other packs or the base game, so if the swatches are only for the base game items, I'd still be frustrated.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I wish it was 3,500... I want all the matching items :D