Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm gonna test if i can rec and download. rec worked so far download i haven't tried yet. today.

i think my game won't register cause i might have accidently registered it t my old account trying to merge them.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @equuest Yay! So glad you like Calista and her home! Hopefully they will add a fun bit of local flavor to your Twinbrook. :) Sorry about the curtains! I tried to gift them to you, not sure if it went through or not. Stay tuned! I'll be posting the final gift for you momentarily.

@Jessabeans I'm so flattered you asked about my builder's thread/blog! I have the showcase thread in my signature, but it is sadly out-of-date. I stopped updating it when all the photobucket pictures broke and I just didn't have the heart to switch hosts and replace them all. I did make myself a website a while back, got it all set up, but don't have most of my content posted there yet. Again, it's difficult to go back and redo all the posts for my old creations. Getting that up and running is high on my to-do list now that the exchange is done, though.

@everyone Thank you for all the kind words about my Bayou Craftsman, Calista Syringa and Syringa's Shelter!! I'm so happy so many of you liked them, despite their worn down, weathered (and grumpy) looks. I wasn't sure how well they would go over.

I've started working on a word document with personalized comments on all the amazing gifts created, but until I get caught up and post it, just know that I think every single creation for this exchange has been incredible! My downloads folder will be full to bursting and I will have more sims to play than I know what to do with.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2019
    This is regarding the family with cc. (I was able to remove that sneaky pattern from mine.)

so sorry! Apparently, I can't install the file as I don't have the latest software. I'm not patched up to last patch, even though I have the latest store patch (that I know of).

The fix is: IF you backed up your sims 3 folder after you finished installing your store content... You can simply rename your current sims 3 folder by adding OLD on the end. Then COPY in your saved pristine (clean - never played) sims 3 folder. Install the family with the cc.

At this point, you can:
    Look in the launcher under the tabs with hair and clothes. Delete the cc. Go into your dcbackup folder and delete the most recent files with a time hack that matches the time you just installed the cc. I, also, compare the size of the dcdb0.dbc file in the dccache folder to what it was in the pristine folder before it was copied over. You can always COPY over the pristine dcdb0.dbc and PASTE it in the current folder. It will ask if you want to overwrite the one in there. YES!

Load the game. Look in the bin for the family. Place them anywhere. Switch to that lot and look at the female sims to ensure the cc hair and outfit are gone. They should be as you've deleted those items! Now you can SAVE the family to the bin OR SHARE it and then quit that game.

At this point you can COPY the latest LIBRARY file that was just created (if you saved to the bin) OR the latest EXPORT file from the pristine sims 3 folder into the sims 3 folder you called OLD. Then, delete the unneeded sims 3 folder (because you had it backed up) and rename your OLD sims 3 folder by removing the OLD.

@KaytayRoall - I didn't do anything when Photobucket did that and now my original legacy story has the pics back, just with a photobucket water mark over them.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Oh dear @BreeMiles .... I must have used too much shark bait ;) . At least you and Addy have worked out an easy fix! Thank you so much!!!! :D x
    edited May 2019
    @equuest
    Gift #4

Thank you for being patient while I prepared this final gift for presenting! It is the grand finale. In your letter you asked for a lot that combined the World of Wonder and Boardwalk venues. You also mentioned having a hard time deciding where to place it. I had never worked with the roller coaster pieces before, so that was an adventure. I also had a very different image when I started on this gift, but due to happy accident, it turned out the way I did and I had so much fun along the way!

The Amusement Warehouse - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310880

47922305258_cc00536dae_c.jpg

This former industrial warehouse has been heavily renovated to make it a source of fun! Outside, there is a carousel, concession stand and performance stage. A rollercoaster twists its way through the interior, with its peak and a loop on the roof. Inside is a bowling alley, cosmic skating rink, arcade, cafeteria/restaurant, lounge and kids' room. There's fun for the whole family and you'll never get bored at the Amusement Warehouse!

This is a big lot, with a lot in it, so there are a lot of pictures!

47922305547_e3b82b9af1_c.jpg
    Starting outside, just to the right as you walk in through the entrance gate, is the performance stage.

47922305296_b00d931953_c.jpg
    To the left is the concession stand, with popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones and maps of the park.

47922305388_e0175fc64e_c.jpg
    Directly behind the concession stand is the carousel.

47922305678_3c497a152b_c.jpg
    Looking up, you can see the upper parts of the roller coaster on the roof.

47922305731_7248791eab_c.jpg
    Heading inside is the roller coaster loading area.

47922305897_48d7e39ba9_c.jpg
    Beyond that and to the left is the bowling alley.

47922305982_a6f14aa87b_c.jpg
    There's plenty of seating for while you wait your turn, lots of bowling balls so you can find the right one and a jukebox for fun tunes.

47922305958_6ea1c8e304_c.jpg
    And, of course, the bowling lanes themselves.

47922306072_b0a3c10746_c.jpg
    Heading back out and directly across from the front door is the cosmic skating rink. *Additional information about light settings in following notes.

47922306026_e27ee4bef5_c.jpg
    Last but not least on the first floor is the medieval-themed kids' playroom.

47922306907_53ffe2a2fa_c.jpg
    47922306166_82073b35b6_c.jpg
    47922306617_19f4ab8905_c.jpg
    47922306273_41abb54a50_c.jpg
    There's lots of activities to keep little ones busy all day long!

47922306611_76131be698_c.jpg
    And a family-friendly bathroom at the back.

47922306368_6dc0946726_c.jpg
    Moving upstairs, we have the cafeteria/restaurant. Order directly from the food register or sit at the tables with menus to be waited on.

47922306426_774c14ce75_c.jpg
    Across from the cafeteria is the arcade.

47922306546_51a2a411af_c.jpg
    There's lots of fun toys to get from the prize counter.

47922306467_6310e6b244_c.jpg
    Restrooms are in the back by the claw machine and photo booth.

47922306657_ccc3c032c1_c.jpg
    On the third and final floor are some more laid-back activities...

47922306801_ce317e1a97_c.jpg
    ...as well as a bubble bar and gyroscopic thrill ride!

Layouts
    47922307023_01342b738f_c.jpg
    47922306893_29cc4793c7_c.jpg
    47922306802_129ba6d765_c.jpg

A few notes about this...
    It is built on a 40x40 lot to maximize your placement options. Personally, I like it at 13 Puddlewick Drive and that's where it's pictured. That lot does have a big willow tree right up against the back of it that I nudged back in the in-game world editor so that there weren't leaves in the upper level of the warehouse. There are plenty of other lot options if you'd rather not do that, though.

There is a little side door to prevent pathing issues, but I would still recommend opening the garage doors at your earliest convenience. They only have to be opened once after being placed and will stay open unless you close them.

I'm not sure the light settings for the skating rink will all transfer. They can be set in live mode.
    The blacklights can be toggled by clicking any of the tube lights (there is one on each colored segment on wall), selecting "Toggle blacklight on>This room"
    The gobos are pictured with the following settings:
    Corner gobos - Design>Stars, Movement>Waves, Color>Cyan/Orange
    Middle gobos - Design>Pinwheel, Movement>Circles, Color>Blue/Purple
    Or give them whatever settings you like :D

The lot is zoned as a Big Park to make the performance stage work for performances and SimFests, but feel free to re-zone it as you see fit to whatever works best for you.

I included the industrial oven and half the tables in the cafeteria area have menus because you mentioned liking having it in venues. The other tables are for sims who prefer to get their food from the food register. Again, change this around as you see fit. :)

Sorry this one takes a little extra setup, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! It was so much fun to build and I hope you have as much fun with it, too! :) Thank you for being my buddy! Your letter was very inspiring and I had a lot of fun making all of your gifts! <3
    Post edited by KaytayRoall on
    What a great lot @KaytayRoall - you never fail to deliver! There is so much to do on this one lot that my Sims could easily spend the whole day there.
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited May 2019
    @KaytayRoall Wow!!! I'm amazed!!! :o I love it so much!! I love how you made the amusement park in a converted warehouse to suit with Twinbrook! I would have never thought of that idea!! I also really love you added so many activities for sims to do in the amusement park! Currently I have to finish homework, but as soon as I finish the first thing I'm going to do is go in game and look at it! A huge THANK YOU for all of the gifts! I love them all so much! <3

Also, I did receive the curtains :) Thank you for that also! :)

Everyone giving multiple gifts makes me feel bad that I didn't have more time to make my buddy more gifts.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited May 2019
    equuest wrote: »
    @KaytayRoall Wow!!! I'm amazed!!! :o I love it so much!! I love how you made the amusement park in a converted warehouse to suit with Twinbrook! I would have never thought of that idea!! I also really love you added so many activities for sims to do in the amusement park! Currently I have to finish homework, but as soon as I finish the first thing I'm going to do is go in game and look at it! A huge THANK YOU for all of the gifts! I love them all so much! <3

Also, I did receive the curtains :) Thank you for that also! :)

Everyone giving multiple gifts makes me feel bad that I didn't have more time to make my buddy more gifts.

@equuest I really love the gift you gave me! Please don't feel bad! I only made one build to! I have many towns in which your build will look fantastic!! I am thrilled to have you as my buddy!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    OH MY GAWWWWWD, @Kaytay!!! HOW did you manage to fit everything into that build?!

That is amazing! #2thumbsup
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @LMC6255 I'm really glad that you liked it! I had a lot of fun building it and decorating the interior :)
    ciane wrote: »
    Th :) is is regarding the family with cc. (I was able to remove that sneaky pattern from mine.)

so sorry! Apparently, I can't install the file as I don't have the latest software. I'm not patched up to last patch, even though I have the latest store patch (that I know of).

The fix is: IF you backed up your sims 3 folder after you finished installing your store content... You can simply rename your current sims 3 folder by adding OLD on the end. Then COPY in your saved pristine (clean - never played) sims 3 folder. Install the family with the cc.

At this point, you can:
    Look in the launcher under the tabs with hair and clothes. Delete the cc. Go into your dcbackup folder and delete the most recent files with a time hack that matches the time you just installed the cc. I, also, compare the size of the dcdb0.dbc file in the dccache folder to what it was in the pristine folder before it was copied over. You can always COPY over the pristine dcdb0.dbc and PASTE it in the current folder. It will ask if you want to overwrite the one in there. YES!

Load the game. Look in the bin for the family. Place them anywhere. Switch to that lot and look at the female sims to ensure the cc hair and outfit are gone. They should be as you've deleted those items! Now you can SAVE the family to the bin OR SHARE it and then quit that game.

At this point you can COPY the latest LIBRARY file that was just created (if you saved to the bin) OR the latest EXPORT file from the pristine sims 3 folder into the sims 3 folder you called OLD. Then, delete the unneeded sims 3 folder (because you had it backed up) and rename your OLD sims 3 folder by removing the OLD.

now i just have to figure out how to do all that. not whining just not techy. :)
    If you don't have a back up folder, you can still do this, but make a copy of dccache files first. Then after installing the family you can look for the hair and outfit to delete in your launcher. You can delete the new dcbackup files just created. And, you could copy and paste your old dccache files back in to the dccache folder, letting them overwrite any ones that were changed.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @KaytayRoall
    The Amusement Warehouse is a fantastic place for sims to go! So much to do and see ... they won't want to go home.
    In case anyone is interested, I was lucky enough to test the Amusement Warehouse (host perk, ya know!) and the pictures in the upload do not do it justice. Your sims will <3 it.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know I am running behind but I do have one more gift for you @KaytayRoall I have the evening to play and get the presentation set up. This last gift was not originally part of my gift ideas but while playing and working on the other ones I decided to do this one too. I hope to have your last gift up later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
    I could send this message in a PM, but I want to mention it here ...

Please do not feel bad if you were only able to gift one build. That is the minimum you are asked to do.
    This event is not about how many gifts you can toss at your Buddy. Quality always comes before Quantity!!
    Some build lightning fast and others take longer to get the job done. No one way is the right way.

Ask yourself:
    Did I put forth my best effort?
    Did my Buddy love it?
    Did I have fun?

I expect you will answer yes to each of these questions. And that means you are a part of this event being as successful as it is/was.
    Thank YOU :)
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @ADWilson

Both Blue and Green units are soooo cute! My favorite bit of both is the bedrooms, the fun pink in one, and the funky 70s look in the other... <3 I like the thought of the neighbor sims having their own mini community too. :)

Mr. Fixit and the Fixer Upper... Looks like a fun challenge! I am amazed at how many renovacy challenges were gifted this time around, and I think I'm going to just have to go ahead and do all of them... <3<3<3

Prissy Place is a baeutiful home! The color choices are wonderful, and I LOVE that indoor fountain! What a fun way to spend an afternoon!

@SamelaRita

Oh a board walk! I'm stealing so many gifts and this one looks like it will go perfectly with some of the playing I have in mind! I would be back and forth between the arcade and the reading area for days!!!

@suzses

La Valeriana Roja looks great! I love the idea of fixing a bad community lot (or base camp cough cough lol). Also as someone who doesn't go to bars in real life unless they have something really fun to do, I love this! There's so many things here that someone could go and ignore the 'juice' entirely!

Paradise Equestrian Center is awesome! I haven't had the pets expansion for very long, but the community lots for horses seem a bit... not great. This one is going to be a beautiful replacement!

@Kgaff

Scandia is a home I could see myself living in! I love Scandinavian style too... its all so clean and fresh. The house is beautiful, and I love the soft color palette you chose! I have some sims in mind just drooling over that hot tub and game room! :D

Sunburst is a beautiful house! I think you nailed the inspiration photo, and I love all the clean lines of the interior!

@ciane

Iwami House has yet another killer floor plan. I love the long hallways!! The traditional look of the house is amazing too, it reminds me of so many of the locations I've seen in media... It looks Great!

@AlphaFen

Oh Magda... Aren't you just a Lifetime movie waiting to happen!!! You make such vibrant sims with huge personalities, Magda and Vincenzo probably meet up for coffee to trade gossip! I can see it happening... and then bad mouthing each other to everyone else they know. I'm gonna put them in a house together and see what happens. Let the Chaos begin!

Well these new parents and money-pit owners sure have their work cut out for them don't they! Forging a New Path looks like an excellent renovacy challenge, not for the faint of heart. I'm going to have to attempt a few others before I take this one on! ...four toddlers? At the same time? Can they sell a couple? No? Apricot.

@JessaBeans

Your Tudor Revival is a gorgeous build with SO MUCH potential! I'm excited to steal this one and see what Mr. Fixit can do with it! Your creations always have so much charm and depth... and this one is no different!

@Hidehi

Foragers Delight is indeed delightful! I love that there's so much to collect and do on this lot, and it looks super cute! I like the continuing island theme, and it looks like if Paige and Rene have found this space they will probably be ok! :D

@equuest

Daisy Victorian is so cute I love it! The shape of the house, the layout, the colors, and the interior are all excellent... and so is the garden! I can't wait to finish commenting on all these gifts and actually start playing with them... I'm very interested to see what the rest of this cute house has in store!

@BreeMiles

I love how well Little Modern fits it's name! The floor plan is great, and that roof looks extra cool in the pictures! The pool looks great too, I think this may end up being Manuel's home in my own game. <3

@60smusicluvr

I think you knocked it out of the park, wanting AMAZEBALLS landscaping to go with this house! Sunny Side Ups landscaping is truly amazing! The house is gorgeous too, and I love the colors... Also that piece in the front garden, I keep looking at it in my own game and never know what to do with it, now I know! Its a great garden accent for this style!

@Bubbz3388

The Neumann family looks great! I hope the CC issue gets cleared up, Id love to put them in one of my saves and get to know them better!

Seven more pages of gifts to go.... This was an amazing exchange!
    @Mystik1978 No rush and no worries! :) As you can see, I only just got my last gift posted a few hours ago. I still have several days worth of gifts to look at, comment on and rec. I have plenty to keep me busy!
    ADWilson wrote: »
    I could send this message in a PM, but I want to mention it here ...

Please do not feel bad if you were only able to gift one build. That is the minimum you are asked to do.
    This event is not about how many gifts you can toss at your Buddy. Quality always comes before Quantity!!
    Some build lightning fast and others take longer to get the job done. No one way is the right way.

Ask yourself:
    Did I put forth my best effort?
    Did my Buddy love it?
    Did I have fun?

I expect you will answer yes to each of these questions. And that means you are a part of this event being as successful as it is/was.
    Thank YOU :)

i don't really know how toanswer question1 i felt like i did but i had a lot of issues just getting it done had fun anyway .

yes.

yes.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Alphafen, ha! Love your creative stories, but why oh why did someone spray paint on this little piece of history?! :angry: Clara sounds like such a fun character to play! >:) And, look, a surprise friend shows up in Adelaide? :scream:

@MsPrissy88, Daisy is gorgeous! :heart_eyes: Can't wait to add this sweet pup to my game.

@KaytayRoall, you did so well with the roller coaster pieces for your first try and you managed to fit it on 40X40. Hats off to you! You've also got so many things for the sims to do and even created a kiddy area! *applauds*
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson Thank you for an awesome Gift Exchange! <3 For all your efforts making it very special!! <3 I had a lovely time! I hope you have a wonderful trip!! ;)
    i can't get my old acount to work here which is weird it works in game so still can't do anything well maybe.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    The preseatition is not as polished as I would have liked but I ran into a time crunch so I wanted to get it posted for you. But, without further delay @KaytayRoall here is your last and finally gift from me. This is a remodel of a EA Starter from Lunar Lakes.

As you know by now Sasha was in Lunar Lakes with her first mother Madea and while together they upgraded and changed several things as years passed. This is the house Sasha left when she left Lunar Lakes to go back to her childhood friend Shade. Will she ever come back or will someone else take it over? Well that is for you to decided!

screenshot-5.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310897

More Pictures Here: https://mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/2019/05/23/a-amayzing-gift-exchange-gift-5-sunshine-stacks/
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Mystik1978, the home looks great! I think the yellow flowers and the pool look super cute and I really like the inside layout, particularly on the first floor. And you know what? I really LOVE Lunar Lakes. My favorite part about that world was how beautiful and BIG the other planet would look, as it moves closer, but there was never anything that inspired me to play in that world, even though I love it so. Maybe there's something in store for Sasha and Shade that will allow them to go to Lunar Lakes, together? ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top