Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thanks @mannanna :) I really enjoyed your entry as well. It amazed me that people could find enough money to make a second floor for this build. You made a beautiful home! I agree about the garage being a waste of space (especially when you have a budget) and I really should keep my opinion to myself, unfortunately I will blurt it out. If you had switched your piano area ( which is really awesome! ) and your laundry room around, then it still could have looked like a a garage without being a waste of space.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    Thanks @mannanna :) I really enjoyed your entry as well. It amazed me that people could find enough money to make a second floor for this build. You made a beautiful home! I agree about the garage being a waste of space (especially when you have a budget) and I really should keep my opinion to myself, unfortunately I will blurt it out. If you had switched your piano area ( which is really awesome! ) and your laundry room around, then it still could have looked like a a garage without being a waste of space.

Lol, I guess that's true, but then I would run into needing a side door for the cloth line. The point is though, no garage didn't bother me and that's where the feedback is great, because you get to hear someone else's opinion. :)

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2019
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 118

@KitelDesigns
    3plPngR.png
    Ophelia Villa Spring Reno looks nice and fresh, as if the exterior has had a good cleaning, @KitelDesigns. I like what you’ve done with the master bedroom, especially that walk-in closet, just the thing for a rich couple like the Goths. Alexander will love all those books in his room! Very nice color scheme throughout. Great choice of cabinets for the kitchen, they perfectly suit the style of the house. I like your use of the wallpaper in the living room. Nice idea to include a toddler room for a future child.

Suggestions:I would have liked to see more screenshots showing all sides of the exterior and each room as well as a top down view and layout of each floor. Here are some tips on improving your screenshots. After seeing how bright and colorful the rest of the house was, the first floor bathroom seems disappointingly dark and unwelcoming in comparison. More light, some artwork or a lighter wall and floor color would have helped. Keep in mind we judge furnishing, architecture and landscaping equally.

@jesswainston65
    ZtgpZRc.jpg
    Nice use of color and decor throughout the house. The laundry room is big and a great addition to the house. Love that spacious master bath with the shower and tub in their own separate.compartments. Those three windows in the master bedroom look odd on the outside, but clever from the inside. The backyard and roof look like nice places to hang out or exercise. Good job adding the new island seating area to the kitchen. I like what you’ve done with the wall between the kitchen and dining room. Great job with the landscaping, adding the fountain was a nice touch. I like that Cassandra has the entire Easter Egg collection in her room, very nice touch and lovely display. I’m happy to see you’ve added more screenshots and labeled them.

Suggestions:You had some issues with fishbowling, particularly in Cassandra’s room. Try zooming in and experimenting with different camera angles. I know it can be difficult to get everything in an image with those tall walls. If you have seasons, the motion gaming mat and treadmill will probably break in the rain. The living room and study areas seem pretty dim, they could use more lighting. Why did you close off the curved section of the living room? It seems like a waste of space when you could have added another seating area, or a chess table or plants, for example.

@Izbthnndgls
    UmJPB1Y.png
    Ophelia Villa Makeover 2 looks lovely. You’ve made it into a new house without any major changes to the existing walls. The color scheme is so nice and bright, perfect for spring. I too love all the windows. Great placement of the bar in the living room. Cassandra’s bedroom is beautiful, perfect for a teenage girl. I like that you added the cupcake maker to the kitchen.

Suggestions:Be careful of fishbowling. One way to avoid it is to zoom in a bit and take more pictures of the room instead of one, especially in a large space like the living room. Try using terrain paint to create dirt under plants to give your landscaping a more realistic look. I think despite the great views, the Goths would appreciate the privacy of some shades or curtains on the front windows at least.

@mikkiness☆
    MVsQTi5.png
    Ophelia in Spring looks beautiful and charming. I love the curving path and the pond, great details. Lovely job with the landscaping, it looks appropriately rural yet shows how rich the Goths are. The first floor looks like a great space to entertain or just hang out in playing games, listening to the piano and warming up by the fire. Great details in Cassandra’s room. Alexander’s room is cute, and I like that he has his own bedroom. The backyard looks great and I’m sure the family enjoys it.

Suggestions:Try to avoid having objects clipping into others, such as the curtains in your second kitchen. A shorter set would have helped there, but another option is using the alt key to move the object in front just far enough forward that it’s not clipping through whatever’s behind it.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @mikkiness
    Y9fQ0LU.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Christelle
    GfAH6IH.jpg
    The Goths look great in their new clothes. I love how you kept some of the original colors while giving the outfits a fresh, new and more modern look. I would have liked to see the whole range of outfits. It looks like you’re missing athletic, sleepwear, and swimwear at least. A slideshow with labels would help. I do love that last screenshot of them together as a family.

@psykt
    77ekoqQ.jpg
    The Goth family looks great in their new outfits! You did a great job tying all the outfits together with a theme yet letting each sim’s individual personality show through. You’re right about Alexander being cute. I’m not sure about the long socks rather than leggings with Cassandra’s cold weather outfit, it seems like her legs would still get cold, but that does strike me as the kind of choice a teen would make, so good job.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @psykt
    QVrm7di.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Thank you for the feedback...I did have trouble with some of the camera angles.

I don't have Seasons but I see your point. I struggled with the lighting in a couple of the rooms, trying to make it different and I only succeeded in not having enough. That curved section is supposed to be an office. Did it not come through? I wonder why. It wasn't CC. hrm.

Thank you again...your feedback is very helpful.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Congrats for winning the build challenge @mikkiness and congrats to @psykt for winning the Sim challenge!
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Thank you! :)
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS118 - Spring Designer Showdown

@13Vader
    gf0g9yY.png

Wow, what a fantastic transformation, you have turned the dull old manor into the magnificent Ophelia The White. This villa really stands out bright and shining with it's contrasting monotone exterior walls and rich golden trims, very majestic. It's good to see you have kept the Gothic style but added much luxury using the 'Get Famous' pack. The bin storage nook is perfectly placed and the tall gates will keep out unwanted visitors. Beautiful planted borders surrounding the house which are quite formal but very pretty and add lots of colour and cheeriness. Fabulous roofing, the decor gives a regal air and the rooftop gazebo makes a wonderful seated space to watch children playing. Entering the foyer takes one's breath away, so lavish! I love the grand staircase and the archways leading to the different rooms, elegance at it's finest. The monotone theme with added gold and pops of red combined with the classic furnishings of the living areas speak volumes of wealth and my favourite room is the awesome kitchen, so spacious and very well stocked with all mod cons. Going upstairs I see you have put the landing into good use by creating a piano 'room' and the balcony leading off this area is perfect for painting the gorgeous views of the surroundings. The basement was another great surprise, there is so much to do here, you really have thought of everything!

Suggestions: There is absolutely nothing I would change about your re-design, it's perfect. If I were to 'nit pick' I would add more rugs to the basement, particularly in the gym and games room. Compared to the rest of the house it seemed lacking in colour but in reality most basements are like this anyway.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is .... @13Vader
    mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @13Vader, your home is very lovely. The basement was a nice addition, and I love the sauna! I like the extra bedroom addition, too... time for a butler! ;) Congratulations!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited May 2019
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS118 Spring Designer Challenge

@Pronterus
    MZvokdd.png
    Wow - what a transformation! I love the tile roof, and the entirely new look to the house. Filipino colonial architecture is beautiful, and I like the symmetry the new wing has added to the front of the home. Great job on the roof - that was not an easy one to change up! I love the use of the tile window awnings. The landscaping is lovely. I love how you’ve brightened up the interiors! The furnishings are opulent yet tasteful. Gorgeous kitchen. The spandrels inside add a unique look. Love Cassandra’s colorful bedroom! There are so many thoughtful details throughout - great job!

Suggestions: Compared to the other rooms, the downstairs bathroom was a bit plain. Maybe a single accent wall of the patterned wallpaper in Alexander’s room would have been more impactful.

@Aljay2000
    YbeNIgw.png
    This is such a beautiful change for the property! I love the new, lighter brick and the intricate windows. The new roof veranda is lovely and a great use of the space. The white accents are a fantastic change, and I love how the white is carried over into the outdoor living area on the ground floor. Urban elegant - that’s the perfect description for this new makeover style! Fantastic landscaping, and I love the rock-lined pond. Wow - an entirely new floor of living space in the basement? Nice! Beautiful color choices in the downstairs furnishings. The activities available in the basement area is fantastic. Great job on Alexander’s room! The walk-in closet in the master is nicely done. Beautiful job overall!

Suggestions: The modern/contemporary living furniture was a little out of step with some of the other furnishing choices downstairs. The upstairs landing looked a little bare compared to the beauty of the other areas.

@Mannanna☆
    kT6MTfo.png
    This majestic Victorian makeover is truly majestic! I love the green paint and white trim. The embellishments you’ve added to the roof and windows are just perfect. Gorgeous porch with table and love the gazebo with glass roof. Very nice landscaping all around. A+ for roofwork! The downstairs furnishings fit with the new style very well. Love the large kitchen with old fashioned feel. Good use of the cabinetry pieces. I like the brightening up of the woodwork with it a nice, clean white. Good use of columns with spandrels inside. Gorgeous sunroom in the master. And the radiator? That’s an object I’m going to be using more of in the future! Absolutely adorable girly room - perfect use of color. Cute use of the 3rd floor room as a yoga studio. Great nautical theme in the boy’s bedroom. Great job! Your additions and changes have transformed and uplifted the dreary original.

Suggestions: The exterior was so light and fun that I feel like the browns and blacks in the downstairs interior was a little out of step. The upstairs landing had a lot of pattern going on. A solid or smaller pattern that mimics a solid on the floor or walls might have worked better.

@Kilra0
    jFl8yBJ.png
    Love this makeover with a Tudor revival flair! The new porches and roofs are fantastic, and I love the new exterior color scheme. Great wishing well in the back, and interesting idea for a family crypt. The private terrace area enclosed by roofing pieces is very creative, and I love the large chimney stack you created. The interiors match the grandeur of the exterior design. My favorite part is the kitchen. Great use of MOO, and I love the tile wall choice. Love Alexander’s room! Bella’s black magic room is very creative. The butler’s retreat is a great addition and nod to houses of the time period.

Suggestions: Although probably true to the style, I found the use of red and abundance of gothic furniture elements a bit heavy.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Pronterus

005WAQ4.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Pronterus
    QVJCRSs.png
    Super cute room reno! I like the light furnishings and the addition of a chess set. There are plenty of activities to keep an older child or teen busy in this room. My one critique would be to consider using an accent wall of the wallpaper instead of covering the entire room.
    And the winner is… @Pronterus
    005WAQ4.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Pronterus
    agTaPmq.jpg
    Great job on the makeover. I feel like you’ve updated their look and outfits while still remaining true to their original vibe. I especially love Bella & Cassandra’s everyday looks.

@AlJay
    P6njeuk.png
    Loving these updated looks! Bella’s party and formalwear are especially beautiful. Cassandra’s new hair is so fun, and I love her party outfit. So cute that Mortimer and Alexander have similar everyday clothes.

And the winner is...@AlJay
    nzmOUdm.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Many congrats @mikkiness, @13Vader @pronterus & @AlJay :smiley: and thank you for the critiques @BuildnShare
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare !
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Congratz everyone! looks amazing :)
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Congrats! @pronterus and @AlJay
    And thank you, @kilra0 :)<3
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to @13Vader, @pronterus, and @Aljay. Amazing work! <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Pronterus beautiful work on your Goth makeover to the home and room! <3<3@AlJay your household makeover was great! <3 Congratulations to you both... well done all around!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Big congrats @pronterus for winning this round! Your build was great, your pictures didn't do it justice. Well deserved!
    Congrats to @AlJay for winning the Simmies!
    Not to forget @13Vader - congrats! but geez ... you need some competition :D
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    Not to forget @13Vader - congrats! but geez ... you need some competition :D
    I know, I'd love that too. ;)

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS119 For The Old Gold & Green

@AlJay
    AbkYDOT.png

All About Ball is a wonderful modern complex, clean and fresh looking in Spring-like shades which represent the school's colours of gold and green. Fantastic choice of large windows which compliment the design beautifully and allow much light inside. Excellent combination of exterior wall finishes which contrast well and add lots of interest to the build. I really like the palm tree feature at the front and the shaded side is a perfect spot for the car park. You have paid good attention to detail, the patchy grass is very realistic for the warm climate of this world. There are certainly plenty of outdoor activities for the sporty students and I particularly like the 'ball diamond' area, such a fantastic design with the high fence to protect the spectators. This space looks awesome lit up at night! The outdoor tables are perfectly placed to enjoy lunch whilst watching a game or two. The interior layout is great with each room easily accessible. The divider in the study hall gives a little privacy between the desks and I love the idea of 'self service' refreshments in the dining hall with booth seating looking out to the yard. Lovely spacious kitchen which is well stocked, neat and orderly. The dorms are well designed and I love how you've added a personal touch for each of their occupants, very well thought out.

Suggestions: I would suggest adding a pathway design leading up to the front entrance, this would break up the 'tarmac' and enhance the façade. I would also use a different shade of flooring for the basketball court, this would set this area aside and add more interest. Also, I think the complex would benefit from being 'closed off' from it's surroundings using a combination of fencing/hedging and trees, this will add security and privacy to the lot.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner is .... @AlJay

ISMuwng.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@mannanna
    EpeH3fx.png

WOW! Go-Dorm Room is absolutely fantastic, you have really nailed the theme here with incredible detail to this room. It's packed to the brim with fabulous clutter which gives a personal touch and makes the room feel like home. There is so much wonderful colour which provides a bright and cheery atmosphere and one would hardly notice the plain walls and worn flooring with it spruced up so beautifully with wall hangings and rugs. You really have thought of everything a student could possible need here. The fridge and microwave are essential for late night snacking and there is certainly plenty of cupboard space and shelving for all personal belongings. I love all the clutter and you have made great use of 'moo' to get it all in! This truly is a first class room.

The Winner is .... @mannanna

mb3rEAn.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all winners- and all who entered..

But.......................Did I miss something ?- I had thought that there was still Results for #BnS118 Spring Designer Challenge coming...

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Pinkusfamily - Yes, those will be here soon. I think they're almost done with them. It was a large group to go through.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @Allears - I thought I missed it...was going to go look, but got distracted with something else...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! :)
    image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Looks like I am a little bit behind on my replies. Thanks everyone for the congrats 🙂 and congratulations to @pronterus for the last challenge and @mannanna your room was awesome! Great job. Congratulations to all the winners!
    Thank you @BuildnShare for taking the time to judge and for the helpful advice 🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top