Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stylist Profession

Hi, About the Stylist profession, when your stylist receives an assignment to give another sim clothing, does anybody here know what the numbers in parentheses behind the assigned outfit mean? For instance he/she is assigned an everyday outfit for the other sim and there is a 2 in parentheses behind "everyday." I'm curious to know what that means if anything. Thanks!

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I always assumed that meant they want 2 of that particular outfit
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes - two outfits for that category, if I recall correctly. It has been a while since I played a stylist.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Having recently just played the stylist career I can confirm that yes, the number is how many they want done in each category.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Thanks! I assumed that, but wanted to make sure. :)
    I also learned that if the client sim wants 1 piece, it has to be a whole outfit and not a part of an outfit like pants only.
    I have another question. My sim just had an assignment to give the client "new facial hair." I gave the client a beard, but when I finished, the client said that my sim did not perform the makeover. What does the game consider "facial hair" if not in the facial hair section of hair? Maybe he wanted just a mustache? Maybe it was just a glitch?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    This reminds me, I haven't tried the Stylist career yet, but I think this will be the next one I'll do!

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    I have another question. My sim just had an assignment to give the client "new facial hair." I gave the client a beard, but when I finished, the client said that my sim did not perform the makeover. What does the game consider "facial hair" if not in the facial hair section of hair? Maybe he wanted just a mustache? Maybe it was just a glitch?

You were correct. So either it glitched or you missed something else you were supposed to do. I've missed things before.
    You were correct. So either it glitched or you missed something else you were supposed to do. I've missed things before.

I just had another fail. I made very sure that I had everything correct. The correct number of pieces for each assigned outfit. The one questionable one was 2 pieces for swimwear for a man. I gave him a vest, but maybe it should have been flippers. No idea. The first one was just "facial hair." I'm not sure where one can go wrong on that. It didn't say any specific facial hair though so I think it just glitched. Maybe the same w/the second one.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This reminds me, I haven't tried the Stylist career yet, but I think this will be the next one I'll do!

Me too. I love what I'm reading. Don't know how I haven't tried yet.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited May 2019

I just had another fail. I made very sure that I had everything correct. The correct number of pieces for each assigned outfit. The one questionable one was 2 pieces for swimwear for a man. I gave him a vest, but maybe it should have been flippers. No idea.

@Sonshine77 , from what you wrote it sounds to me like you gave him just one swimwear outfit (you just mentioned a vest) and he wanted two?

(I recently started playing the Stylist profession for the first time too! It's definitely fun!)

Post edited by PalmArrow on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited June 2019

I just had another fail. I made very sure that I had everything correct. The correct number of pieces for each assigned outfit. The one questionable one was 2 pieces for swimwear for a man. I gave him a vest, but maybe it should have been flippers. No idea. The first one was just "facial hair." I'm not sure where one can go wrong on that. It didn't say any specific facial hair though so I think it just glitched. Maybe the same w/the second one.

The facial hair probably glitched. Regarding the swimwear, there is never a requirement of a specific number of pieces for any outfit. The numbers in parenteses after the outfit type means how many outfits of that type you must give that sim. So if it said swimwear (2) it means two swimwear outfits.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
    Thanks!