Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ?

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It doesn't matter
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I didn't get that far in the sims 3. What was it like? What kind of objects and functions did it have in it? What made it so great? The way it looked or the things you could do there?

It was basically a base game world with some new objects, and a new venue bundled or sold separately. Of all the store worlds, I really didn’t think it was that great. It had a nice environment, but the game didn’t have any content that took advantage of it. Since IP came with another island world I really never found any reason to go back there since it would require a lot of setup to get the new content in place.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Yes, I will be disappointed if it's not a paradise like Sunlit Tides
    I LOVED Sunlit Tides, so yes.

I would love to have a 'world' with different islands as neighborhoods. With beaches, ports, and all that.

I also hope we will get the ability to build over water again with stilted foundations.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other choice...
    There are a lot of ways it can be great.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Other choice...
    I would like something like a Sunlit Tides style map but I would not be upset if it was different I have been on holidays to paradise islands (Teoman if you're interested) so yeah.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Other choice...
    Other choice....because I know it won't be as good as Sunlite Tides. Sims 4 worlds paled in comparison to Sims 3 Worlds IMO. Just IMO - so I can't be disappointed if I'm not expecting that much out of it as Sunlite Tides had. If anything I could be pleasantly surprised and that would be great, but I am not expecting I will be.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    It doesn't matter
    As long as sim can swim in the sea and have a sunbath!
    4kTG3iX.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Other choice...
    Jadesimmer wrote: »
    As long as sim can swim in the sea and have a sunbath!

Are you willing to take one of the two? Or maybe two other things instead? :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I just expect them to reskin Oasis Springs and call it a day knowing their laziness.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I wouldn't disappointed but hopefully they have new stuff that you can do like have a tiki party drink out of a coconut, have Pina Colada (I think that how you spell it.) Also if we don't have hula skirts, or beaches, or swim and sail in the water I also want pirates so I can do pirates of the Caribbean lol.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Other choice...
    I won't be disappointed by any similarities or lack thereof, in fact I would love to see something completely new and different.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Other choice...
    No cause I do not care for Sims 3.
    I like Sims 4.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Doesn’t matter to me since I never experienced it.
    On the other hand, I will be disappointed if we’re given another small world. I’m tired of our worlds coming small-sized with a lack of lots. Recently I’ve felt that there’s a lot of wasted space.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
    I don't care what it's based on, but I'll be ecstatic if it has houseboats, mermaids, ocean swimming & undersea lots.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I don't really care how it "looks" (I mean, I do, but the terrain and style don't matter much to me), but I'm already prepared to be disappointed in getting a new world that has like 4, maybe 5 (under-furnished) residential lots and some underwhelming community lots :/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other choice...
    I prefer to see some pink sand beaches, black sand beaches and the normal golden sand beaches. I will say this hands down sunlit tides was the BEST looking tropical world they have ever made. I would be very happy if it looked like that. I prefer it over isla paridiso and twikki.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
    I saw this on Twitter, this is from StrangerVille and if this is to be believed then the world will look like a cross between both with the more Sunlit Tides coloring but with the islands from Isla Paradiso.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I will be a little disappointed. I really really loved Sunlit Tides very much.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    It doesn't matter
    If that calendar starts with Monday instead of Sunday (and is June 2019), the circled date would be Friday, June 21 -- which is also the first day of summer...
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Other choice...
    Meh. I didn't play much of Sims 3 so that means nothing to me. But I also don't really care much about tropics and beaches anyway, so there's that.

I honestly never expect worlds and neighborhoods to be a repeat of anything from the past, it's never happened before so I don't understand why anyone would even think it's a thing. Each game has always created its own unique environments and whether you like them or not is up to each player. But going in with an expectation of seeing the same thing from any previous game is only going to disappoint.
    #Team Occult
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    No. I never played in Sunlit Tides. I just wanted the sauna, the massage table and the other objects. I moved all of the community lots to the library and used some of them in a smaller custom tropical world.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I never got that world, but the one from Island Paradise was neat, even if there were some annoying routing issues to lag it down.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    There's 10 days until we find out!
  • CrayonlessCrayonless Posts: 20 Member
    It's beautiful, but despite all Sims 4's faults, I think a lot of people would agree that most of the worlds have gorgeous landscapes and background views. If they did an Island Paradise I'm pretty confident that would make something really quite spectacular. And while I know we all want to experience some Sims 3 nostalgia again, we don't want recycled ideas.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I personally loved Isla Paradiso so I wouldn't mind if it had a similar style to this. Twikkii Island was also a lot of fun. I never played with Sunlit Tides (I think) so I can't comment on that.

If it comes with a residential world, I hope it is as big as Windenburg or San Myshuno. These worlds have about 25 or more lots and different districts/sections that all look different. Maybe a lively tourist district for partying, dining, shopping, and 5-star resorts, a more secluded district for residential homes, yachts, sail boats/house boats, and a more adventurous district for the nice beaches and mountains, jet skis, scuba diving, seashell collecting, tire swings, etc. They could meet the locals in those areas and learn their customs. If it is a tropical vacation world, lots might be limited but I hope it has a good amount of activities to do!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I don't care if it resembles old packs long as it has the theme
    caitytrina.png