Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resurrecting Dead Sims (That came with the game)

dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
So I know it's kind of many years too late, but I recently started playing the Sims 2 UC again and was wondering if there was a known safe way to bring Bella Goth and Skip Broke (and any other ones) back. I downloaded the Sims PE and just wanted to make sure that it's not gonna corrupt the hell out of my game if I try to put them back, and if anyone had a tutorial that for sure worked for them.

I also wanted to know if the ultimate collection fixed all of the horrible bugs that I've been reading about corrupting the game up easily. Can we delete sims/move sims into family/house bins/do basically anything without ruining the neighborhood now?

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I would not resurrect any Sim that was shipped launch prior to University being added.

They did not think forward to the possibility of those Sims being resurrected and as such left the files incomplete.

EA did not do any bug fixing to the game beyond what the patches they had already released.

• JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    > @dezoutloud said:
    > So I know it's kind of many years too late, but I recently started playing the Sims 2 UC again and was wondering if there was a known safe way to bring Bella Goth and Skip Broke (and any other ones) back. I downloaded the Sims PE and just wanted to make sure that it's not gonna corrupt the hell out of my game if I try to put them back, and if anyone had a tutorial that for sure worked for them.
    >
    > I also wanted to know if the ultimate collection fixed all of the horrible bugs that I've been reading about corrupting the game up easily. Can we delete sims/move sims into family/house bins/do basically anything without ruining the neighborhood now?

Some time ago, I followed this tutorial claimed that "How to REALLY bring Bella Goth back in The Sims 2 (using SimPE)" from Youtube (I am too new for posting link here) for resurrecting Bella. However, Bella will soon "die for another lots" and disappeared when i loaded Goth family :( (maybe I am one of the unlucky one).

I tried a lot of methods to bring her back: 1. Resurrected her via Resurrect-O-Nomitron, but she didn't show up tho both Cassandra and Alexander did had memory of Bella's death. 2. Removed 'I am a death token' from Bella at SimPE once again however this option didn't appeared even she died again. I was totally at my wits' end! There are no any solution about this situation until now I have searched.

Remember Back Up your save file If you want to resurrect Bella. Good luck ;)
    4kTG3iX.png
  • dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    Jadesimmer wrote: »
    > @dezoutloud said:
    >
    Some time ago, I followed this tutorial claimed that "How to REALLY bring Bella Goth back in The Sims 2 (using SimPE)" from Youtube (I am too new for posting link here) for resurrecting Bella. However, Bella will soon "die for another lots" and disappeared when i loaded Goth family :( (maybe I am one of the unlucky one).

I tried a lot of methods to bring her back: 1. Resurrected her via Resurrect-O-Nomitron, but she didn't show up tho both Cassandra and Alexander did had memory of Bella's death. 2. Removed 'I am a death token' from Bella at SimPE once again however this option didn't appeared even she died again. I was totally at my wits' end! There are no any solution about this situation until now I have searched.

So I'm not sure if you're still interested in figuring it out, but I actually found a "Clean Slate" of all of the different neighborhoods by someone here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html that is cleared of most corrupted/incomplete files.

I downloaded Pleasantview, replaced the N001 neighborhood file with theirs, and from the looks of it they did the dirty work of removing her dead token and giving her personality points/memories back, I didn't even have to use Sim PE at all. I used the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and spawned the Tombstone of L & D, and used "Add Neighbor To Family" and hit "more" until I saw Bella's name, and there she was! I've played her for a few hours now, saved and quit then came back, went to other lots and back etc, and she seems to still be fine! No one has a memory of her dying, just the memory of her being abducted by aliens. Somehow she still has her family ties to Cassandra and Alexander, and a 100/100 relationship with Mortimer but they aren't married or engaged.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    dezoutloud wrote: »
    Jadesimmer wrote: »
    > @dezoutloud said:
    >

So I'm not sure if you're still interested in figuring it out, but I actually found a "Clean Slate" of all of the different neighborhoods by someone here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html that is cleared of most corrupted/incomplete files.

I downloaded Pleasantview, replaced the N001 neighborhood file with theirs, and from the looks of it they did the dirty work of removing her dead token and giving her personality points/memories back, I didn't even have to use Sim PE at all. I used the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and spawned the Tombstone of L & D, and used "Add Neighbor To Family" and hit "more" until I saw Bella's name, and there she was! I've played her for a few hours now, saved and quit then came back, went to other lots and back etc, and she seems to still be fine! No one has a memory of her dying, just the memory of her being abducted by aliens. Somehow she still has her family ties to Cassandra and Alexander, and a 100/100 relationship with Mortimer but they aren't married or engaged.

Good to hear that! Unfortunately, I've started playing my own household already for several months ago. I think I will lose them if I replace the Pleasantview hood in this case. So I can only give up on Bella :D, or wait for "Clean Slate" of Goth family in someday. Anyway Thanks for your help!
    4kTG3iX.png