Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @AlphaFen
    Clara sounds fun and her situation even more entertaining! I like sims to have happy endings but something tells me this one will take a long "scenic" route to get there. >:)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @ciane two more beautiful and lovely gifts, I grabbed them up yesterday but got busy in RL and didn't get back to comment!
    @AlphaFen your Not Quite A Runaway Success - a renovacy looks very interesting and shows great potential! Aunt Pearl is a strange one indeed! Clara mug shot shows a lot of dignity :# and the comment of ghost Adelaide made me chuckle! Very wonderful writing! <3
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I never did get caught up commenting on everyone's gifts, but everyone did a great job with gifts for their buddies! I love them all! <3 I will go through and rec and download them all :) I'm sorry I never got caught up.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @AlphaFen That church is going on my list of things to play as well! Honestly, Jessabean's gifts alone made it feel like two Christmasses in one, and when you add in everyone else's as well - oh my!
    I love Terry Pratchett, Dickens, Jane Austen, Diana Wynne Jones, a vast number of children's authors (my speciality, children's fiction), whodunnits, but golden age ones, not modern gory ones, Paul Jennings Idly Oddly and so on - now out of print, but they have a quirky sense of humour that totally appeals to me...I could go on.
    Thanks for the compliment on my writing :blush:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    EVERYONE - Addy told me earlier and posted on the first page of a texture replacement. I thought it was simply that I had saved my textures to copy from one version of the build to the other. No, there was a texture that looks very like the linen texture, but it was a different color (and I thought it was just a recolor). I am so very sorry I missed this before.

I've put in a fresh Sims 3 folder I have saved that only had the store stuff installed and the found stencils. The dcbd0.ebc file jumped in size when I installed the Haiku and I found the texture easily to uninstall.

I'll relook at the builds in game and see what got replaced and upload a clean version ASAP.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Hidehi I downloaded your island and have been playing it as you can see from a few post back! I did find that when I would use the dive spot Shark Bait Drop Off, that when I came back to the top of the water it would be over run with Sharks,
    Screenshot-128.jpg
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    Addy suggested I check to see if the spawner's doubled up when I download it, so I did and they did double up, there were four spawner's I deleted the extra spawner's and check it again and it seemed to have helped,
    Screenshot-141.jpg

I checked under water to make sure I still had fish to catch down there and seems I still have fish below to still catch!
    Screenshot-143.jpg

To fix this if you would like to see less sharks when you come back to the top of the water after using the dive spot!
    1. Turn on Buydebug
    2. Edit the dive spot (Shark Bait Drop Off) From edit town menu, the spawner's will show up
    3. Click them and hit the Delete button, once you have deleted all but 1 go back in live mode and test the dive spot!
    Very Simple fix! You should now see less sharks when exploring the dive area!
    ciane wrote: »
    EVERYONE - Addy told me earlier and posted on the first page of a texture replacement. I thought it was simply that I had saved my textures to copy from one version of the build to the other. No, there was a texture that looks very like the linen texture, but it was a different color (and I thought it was just a recolor). I am so very sorry I missed this before.

I've put in a fresh Sims 3 folder I have saved that only had the store stuff installed and the found stencils. The dcbd0.ebc file jumped in size when I installed the Haiku and I found the texture easily to uninstall.

I'll relook at the builds in game and see what got replaced and upload a clean version ASAP.

Thank you :)
    Reuploaded without UIC pics, so obvious they are the clean ones:

Haiku - Gift 1
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310835

tanka - Gift 6
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310834

Again, I apologize profusely. I didn't start with a clean folder as I was playing an Apoc Challenge. I just THOUGHT I was cc-free, but obviously had a pattern in something I had downloaded for a challenge.
    Reuploaded without UIC pics, so obvious they are the clean ones:

Haiku - Gift 1
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310835

tanka - Gift 6
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310834

Again, I apologize profusely. I didn't start with a clean folder as I was playing an Apoc Challenge. I just THOUGHT I was cc-free, but obviously had a pattern in something I had downloaded for a challenge.

Thanks for doing this!
    Off to update the front page post.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Good Morning :)
    TODAY is the last day of Gifting!

Two came with objects from packs but when checked after installing, nothing unusual came through.

If anyone wanted the roaring heights buildings but didn't like the outlier in custard I can upload a version without the photographs. I recolored a couple of the frames without thinking about custard and then I went ahead and recolored the rest of the frames since I knew I had already messed it up by recoloring one.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Bree - I'm having a little trouble trying to get your last gift uploaded. Dont worry!! I'm going to work on it until it works. You'll have it - one way, or another.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @AlphaFen That church is going on my list of things to play as well! Honestly, Jessabean's gifts alone made it feel like two Christmasses in one, and when you add in everyone else's as well - oh my!
    I love Terry Pratchett, Dickens, Jane Austen, Diana Wynne Jones, a vast number of children's authors (my speciality, children's fiction), whodunnits, but golden age ones, not modern gory ones, Paul Jennings Idly Oddly and so on - now out of print, but they have a quirky sense of humour that totally appeals to me...I could go on.
    Thanks for the compliment on my writing :blush:

I would like to hear more about both of your favorite authors sometime. I think we might share some similarities there. I adore Terry Pratchett, we've been collecting his books that are harder to get in the US to read (with a little parental editing) to our daughter at night. I love his sense of humor, we read her Douglass Adam's stuff (again with some editing, even though she was still an infant then, it's mostly to get her in the habit of reading before bed.) I've read her the hobbit and up until they reach Rivendell in lord of the rings. It felt like a good place to leave off until she was older.

The Bronte sisters are some of my favorites, their writing was similar to Jane Austen's. I not a big Dickens fan myself, I liked Great Expectations but I could relate to Estella far more than Pip. My best friend was really into what I consider 'unreadable' books, her favorite was Gravity's Rainbow, and I struggled to talk to her when she would bring it up. I poked fun a little, by decoupaging her a bookcase in a copy of Finnegan's Wake as a birthday gift but she loved it so I never told her it was meant as a joke. So she was never helpful in discovering new authors, I guess because I approached her recommendations as a chore.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited May 2019
    @Bree!! Persistance has paid off. I finally got your FINAL gift uploaded to the exchange!! :#

Now. I knowwwww you had said in your letter that you LOVE - but didn't want - any pets -- cos you tend to forget about them, but I couldn't resist creating you one anyway.

This is Daisy (GIFT 3) She's a Border Collie, who is just soooo sweet. You are going to just fall in love with her. I mean .... look at that face! <3<3HOW can you not love that face?!

Screenshot-15.jpg

Download

Here are some more pictures of her around the house and other places....
    Daisy-1.jpg

Daisy-2.jpg

Daisy-3.jpg

Daisy-4.jpg

Daisy-5.jpg
    Why YES!! That is my world Misty Falls in the background. B)

Daisy-6.jpg

And that, @Bree, concludes my gifts to you. I hope you will be very happy playing and using all of them. :#B)<3
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    THIS WAS FUN!!! Thank you again, @Addy for hosting another gift exchange.

When's the next one?! lol :D:D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Before I say my final goodbyes....

To those of you who had commented on my house - Magnolia Estate - THANK YOU!! I think I tried 3 different floor plans before I finally came on to this one. I kept going back and forth between @Bree's letter and my empty builder world, trying to pick out the right lot to try and build on. Finally, after several private messages with @Addy, @Bree gave me a unique lot size. 35 by 20 (35 being the height). Ok. I think I can work with this. But, then came the building up and tearing down. I am soooo thankful that I stuck with the last floor plan. The way everything all came together....

For those of you - including @Bree - who did download Magnolia Estate, I did use MOO on some of the things around the house. But, only to get the items in their right place. Otherwise, everything just fit in perfectly.

And that - as they say - is that!!!

There are a few of you who I would like to send friend requests to, but I can always do that at a later time. B):#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    I wanted to do more commenting today but with Flikr being down its cramping my style!!!
    @MsPrissy88
    Daisy is delightful! Nice traits.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

@60smusicluvr Here's a couple of pictures of what I am doing with Sunny Side Up. The first two pictures of are my first try, centering the stairs in a foyer, but that left me with really odd shaped rooms up stairs
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

So I scraped that idea and started playing around with the "L" shaped stairs. I put them everywhere and nothing worked so I decided that unconvential as it is the only way to make it work and have enough rooms was to make the entry to the stair through the kitchen.

I think it's working out well now and I have enough room downstairs for an informal parlor, a formal parlor, eat in kitchen and then upstairs for two beds and bath with a bit of a sitting area.

I did do one small, little, tiny change. I changed out the sliding doors that go to the back yard and put in a single tile door so I could get a table and chairs there and keep the routing issues to a minimum.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2019
    [deleted
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    Looking good @Kgaff!

@friendsfan367 - I'm working on taking that cc out. I just have to do some folder swap outs first.
    Looking good @Kgaff!

@friendsfan367 - I'm working on taking that cc out. I just have to do some folder swap outs first.

thank you addy elf. lol. one of the things addy and i pmed about was that if ew couldn't get my game to work she had elves to help.
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

it was fun. even though i technically don't have a gift yet, mine was the messed up one.

but it was fun i got to bond more with addy and keeps secrets from prissy. that last one was hard cause what prissy and the rest of you don't know is when i found out she was my buddy i posted back to addy excited because prissy made me a awesome house for sims 4 so i was excited to make something for her . then my game went wonky so

addy and i had to keep posting back and forth to get it ready the beckers were made by me. i sent addy a house plan i thought prissy would like and the story was mine oh the pics weremine addy posted them

thank you addy for hosting and all the help you gave me.

Sending you a PM.
    ADWilson wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

it was fun. even though i technically don't have a gift yet, mine was the messed up one.

but it was fun i got to bond more with addy and keeps secrets from prissy. that last one was hard cause what prissy and the rest of you don't know is when i found out she was my buddy i posted back to addy excited because prissy made me a awesome house for sims 4 so i was excited to make something for her . then my game went wonky so

addy and i had to keep posting back and forth to get it ready the beckers were made by me. i sent addy a house plan i thought prissy would like and the story was mine oh the pics weremine addy posted them

thank you addy for hosting and all the help you gave me.

Sending you a PM.

ami in trouble?
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @kgaff, it's looking great. I was thinking of putting the kitchen in that area as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top