Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ciane I like the way you made Harvest Moon look really authentic, I have seen documentaries of places in Asia and many of the homes and complexes look very much like your build.. Blends in beautifully with the Asian scenery.. ;)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Hidehi I look forward to exploring your little island.

@AlphaFen & @Jessabeans click spoilers to see Magda Rossi's coming fate. >:)
    And yes she'll be loosing all her money plus a few other shocking surprises. >:)>:)>:)
    screenshot-3.jpg?w=840
    This is one of @Rflong7 's worlds, titled Flame Island and only has the one residential lot.
    screenshot-1.jpg?w=840
    screenshot-2.jpg?w=840
    As Jessa will notice right away, I've made a tiny change near the back door. And while I was tempted to create some holes in the floor I restrained the urge. ;)

AlphaFen I look forward to seeing what else you have stored up your sleeve, and the only reason Magda got top billing (for now) is because her story, plus Vincenzo Devlin's story, and Jessa's tudor screamed story at me ...... so much so that other things (housework) aren't happening today. :p lol :p
    whos fate?
    @SamelaRita Petersen's Boardwalk is charming and definitely a place I would go to if I needed a chat and perhaps a coffee with a friend.. I like the the design and the overall cozy feeling! :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I have been so totally and completely spoiled in this exchange (thank you again @Hidehi !) that I decided to go *act* spoiled this afternoon. I played my new sims in my new world, and it was wonderful. :) Hubby even took a look and liked it and asked a lot of questions (if he can get away with it, he usually ignores sims). Now, I will be good and get all caught up by tomorrow with commenting on the rest of the wonderful gifts that have come in and rec'ing any I may have missed along the way.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses I love the way you reinvented the Paradise Pub lot and turned it into the gorgeous, colorful and exciting La Valeriana Roja! I really like the colors and the arches in the entry way...Making tropical places more interesting is not easy and you have done an amazing job! ;)
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    I’m back with news. Not about my monitor.

A very dear friend of mine - and brother to my ex best friend - is about to lose his gf. We don’t know how much longer she may have, but if my friend texts/messages me any more, I will surely not be on here. This lady is such a sweetheart. She has been battling with so much, since my friend has known her.

Maybe it’s a good thing I can’t get my monitor to work. I would be ugly crying all over my keyboard; instead of on my phone (which is wipeable).

I am so sorry about your loss MsPrissy..
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    I have the laptop for the evening as my husband has a program committee dinner tonight, which obviously I can't go to. So I went to Wholefoods instead and picked up a salad and a little wine and a tiny dessert - and I'm catching up a bit more.
    @60smusicluvr I think KISS is so nice - and I love the mosaic rug in the bathroom. And the triple arches into the kitchen are really effective (another one for the ideas file!) Ditto the staircase, which looks amazing.
    @Mystik1978 I love the horses, and the fact that your daughter helped you with them too. That's so nice. The home is great, and the way you put bits of both of them in it (the terrible paintings!) made it feel very real.
    @Hidehi I love terrible puns :s and so I loved the names for your castaway sims!
    @BreeMiles Your gifts for Ciane are wonderful. I love the cool, light, sophisticated touch to them, and the sim is great too. And then you fit in community gifts as well!!! How do you do it?
    @ciane Golden Dragon is lovely, and that tatami matting is so clever. I know what you mean about floor plans - I found some recently that are calling to me.
    @LMC6255 I did enjoy your backstory, especially the two so-different sisters. Regina and Giselle. And the build for the family was full of character too.
    @DinoJr I thought your Beauty and the Beast characters were great! Loved the way you got the look of them.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn The exchange centre is awesome (and I am running out of adjectives. Because everything is just so good!) and I like the secret door in the attic.
    Okay, i'm posting this - I'm now at the bottom of page 41. Just so I know where to start next time...
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Bree - the link to my website is http://starsplace.net/

NO www. This is my own domain.

And my world? YES!! It's on the exchange. Misty Falls
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @MissPrissy88 – Such pretty flowers and garden. I love those living room chairs and the wood you used throughout. I love that crème colored wall as you come out the garage, the green wallpaper in the bath, and the other green wallpaper in the smaller bedroom. I also love the soft lavender blue curtains in the big bedroom - they are awesome! I wish my laundry was in the garage! I open the garage doors to vent when I do laundry now (because the dryer actually vents through to the garage!
    Thank you @Ciane! Bree said that she loves cream and Browns, with some pastels. So, I tried to mix up the cream, without it looking too washed out. (which is *why* I want a color wheel in the sims 4 😉)

I wouldn’t say that the kitchen was the hardest to do, but since Bree said that she uses that particular set all the time, again, I had to play with the browns and creams. And throw in a splash of color here and there.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Ohhhh Ms Bree....

I will upload your final gift tomorrow. I’ve got some really nice pictures of it.

But, for now.... I am heading out. Again, I am so glad that I had your name. ☺️
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @suzses

I love the story behind the Culpepper household! Lainey is absolutely adorable, and I think I know right where to put her in one of my games.. Ohio Jones could always trade alchemical recipes with someone who is more experienced! The younger sims are a welcome additon too, I cant wait to see them mingling with my sims!

Serendipity Farm is gorgeous... Those decks that wrap around the round rooms are so cool, I love them! The barn loft though, is awesome... I love how you made the hay bales into furniture!

@Jessabeans

I haven't done a renovacy challenge yet, but I think I see one that I'm going to attempt... Riverview Mill looks amazing! I love the big open space from the removal of the mill stones... Also I like that its an attempt at preserving history... and The Millers are a beautiful family, with such a sweet back story! :)

The Wren Sisters... Its so cool that you made this gift in the style of the 20's, and actually tied it to the real history as well!!!! The aesthetic is perfect, and I love the sisters style. <3

@SamelaRita

I just read your first post (via Addy) and I feel like I watched an episode of As Time Goes By. Your writing style is incredible! The little flat, and the memories of the bigger childhood view are beautifully made, and the sims all look incredible! I'm excited to see more of the story... :)

@ADWilson

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for hosting again! I love getting to do these exchanges... and while this is only my second, I hope its the second in a long line to come! :)

Marge and Dan are great! I love the alliteration play in their names... their outfits are amazing and Marge is particularly gorgeous! I do believe these two will stay good friends... but have already married both of them off to other sims! :D

@Hidehi

I laughed out loud when I read the names of those sims... @KayTayRoall can confirm... I LOVE the idea of castaway sims! I play a lot of survival style games, and now I want to play a Sims survival with these two! They look great, and I love their outfits!

Mermaid’s Treasure Box looks like such a fun hangout, I wish I could go there in real life! The island theme is great! I'm going to actually have to use my Isla Paradiso expansion finally!

@AlphaFen

Vincenzo... I KNOW this guy. I read your description of this sim, and I thought Oh gosh... this is actually (Name removed to protect the diva)! He's the WORST lol. Do you secretly live in upstate NY?
    ANYWAYS.... I LOVE this idea! I didn't even know Loser Legacy was a thing. Danny is the perfect... sorry, Vincenzo is the perfect founder for this challenge!!!!

@BreeMiles

Chella Modern and Sulfur Lane both look absolutely gorgeous! I love that you added extra gifts for everyone... Very sweet! I hope with more experience I'll get to the point where it doesn't take me an entire month to make one thing lol!!!!!

There are so many gifts! I'm going to post this and then keep looking and commenting. ALSO I just did a completely fresh re-install of the sims, so I'm looking forward to downloading each and every gift. <3<3<3
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @BreeMiles, yess! Another beachy/tropical looking lot. Love it! B)

@Hidehi! :scream: NO YOU DIDN'T! What an AMAAAZING gift for Suszes and that was made in less than a month? No way! :astonished::star:

@Ciane, That's a good idea flipping around the lot like that. I really like the layout. I liked reading the gals story as well. They seem to have a lot of fun, after a long days work. :p I also think you did a really good job on their looks and Miko is included! Hee! :kiss:

@MsPrissy88, oooh! Thanks for sharing the progression photos! I love the birds eye view layout! It looks really nice!

@DinoJr, I downloaded many things last night and I was and still am super impressed with your base camp. It's a million times better than what we had before, so I'm so happy to have it in my game and can't wait to send a sim to champs les sims for the first time. :mrgreen:
    edited May 2019
    I just stumbled on how to add to the header in word press. Sorry it took me so long.

Click on "WP Admin" at the bottom on the right when looking at "my site."
    "Appearance" will be one of the options farther down on the list.
    Under that is "Menus."
    Once you are there, you can click the drop down menu next to "Pages."
    All your pages will be there with a box in front of them.
    Just click in the box and then click on "Add to Menu."

Now, wasn't that easy?! Don't you just hate when what you want is hidden under so many other layers that made perfect sense to the developers (and now, hopefully, make perfect sense to you)?

And, then, don't forget to click "save menu!"
    i love it i don't have 1 registered game and earned 3 badges.
    edited May 2019
    Well, that got kind of tricky. I had used a work around earlier and couldn't figure out how to delete that, so I created a new menu and that seems to be working, though I don't have the "home" page now as that was a "post."

Any way, I might as well post my last gifts for @Hidehi now.

It's gift#6 for day#6 and it's another turned around apartment complex. This time you get Tanka apartments:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/tanka/

roof_up_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310834

And gift#6.5 is Miko Wu
    https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/tanka/miko/

original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310699

I really enjoyed the challenge of building these for you @Hidehi.
    And, I loved all gifts you made for me @BreeMiles. Thank you so much!
    Everyone, thank you for all the energy, creativity, and love you put into your presents. Eventually, I'll play with each of them in my game and you may see them on my site some time.

Also, thank you for all the encouragement and warm words you have shared with everyone along the way. It's awesome in this crazy world to have a haven of diverse friends with varied talents who can all enjoy this game we play, and can, despite differences in preferences and style, still see the good, the creative spirit, and the inspired genius that lies in others and their work and what they offer that no one else does.

Thank you @ADWilson for all your hard work and for all your encouragement and help and sharing as well.

As always, it was a pleasure.

New link added for Tanka.
    Post edited by ciane on
    ciane wrote: »
    Well, that got kind of tricky. I had used a work around earlier and couldn't figure out how to delete that, so I created a new menu and that seems to be working, though I don't have the "home" page now as that was a "post."

Any way, I might as well post my last gifts for @Hidehi now.

It's gift#6 for day#6 and it's another turned around apartment complex. This time you get Tanka apartments:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/tanka/

roof_up_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310688

And gift#6.5 is Miko Wu
    https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/tanka/miko/

original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310699

I really enjoyed the challenge of building these for you @Hidehi.
    And, I loved all gifts you made for me @BreeMiles. Thank you so much!
    Everyone, thank you for all the energy, creativity, and love you put into your presents. Eventually, I'll play with each of them in my game and you may see them on my site some time.

Also, thank you for all the encouragement and warm words you have shared with everyone along the way. It's awesome in this crazy world to have a haven of diverse friends with varied talents who can all enjoy this game we play, and can, despite differences in preferences and style, still see the good, the creative spirit, and the inspired genius that lies in others and their work and what they offer that no one else does.

Thank you @ADWilson for all your hard work and for all your encouragement and help and sharing as well.

As always, it was a pleasure.

bad ciane.lol. sorry i can't download til i get my game registered your bad cause yours were some of the doownloads i wanted since day 1. see its a good thing.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @KaytayRoall Do you have a builder's thread or blog somewhere? Your lots and sim stories are so creative, I'd like to see more. Calista Syringa is such an interesting take on plant sims. I love her home. It's so rustic and perfectly suited to her. The screened porch overlooking the garden, the rope bridges, all the natural decor touches, and you are so good at making a convincing swap. Wonderfully creative, and well done.

@suzses I got a chance to see your boats when I was visiting your gift during lunch today. I'm sorry I got to it before you did. Both versions are great, having a rustic homey style and a clean modern. I don't have enough boats in my game so I kept both.

@Mystik1978 Damon looks great, if I ever load up sims 4 again I'll check him out.

@BreeMiles Ciane's Getaway is so cozy and relaxing.

@60smusicluvr Kgaff's Contemporary feels like a departure for you, but really it's nicely done. It would be at home in so many worlds, I love the darker color pallet and the well chosen pops of interest.

@Hidehi Isla del Suzses is so wonderful, I'm sure it will see some heavy use from the survival players, I love the welcoming community lots for those that would prefer to use it as a holiday destination too.

@Ciane I love all the apartments and families. It was nice getting to know the roomies of Hunters Moon. I'll read about Miko Wu in the morning.

@MsPrissy88 Magnolia Estate is really nice, the like how you made the linen closet it was a nice touch of realism.

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    @BreeMiles Little Modern has such a beautiful clean and classy style. I have it all downloaded and can't wait to check it out. <3

@Bubbz3388 You've made a very nice looking family - and big! They should keep @friendsfan367 and others pretty busy, and it will be fun to see what all the kids become.

@AlphaFen More work! (I suppose this wasn't really the place for an old Warcraft game joke.) The renovators here aren't going to run out of fun for a looong time after this gift exchange. I just love your stories, and your sims, and it's a great lot, very well done. It's a good thing I'm not Mariana. I'm sure quadruplets would kill me and they'd be semi-orphans, assuming dad survived the experience. It should be interesting to see what they grow up to be, assuming something around the forge doesn't kill them off first.

@Kgaff Sunburst is just perfect! I think you and Scandinavian get along very well together. I love the house's angles, windows, roof lines. It's lovely inside and out.

@SamelaRita The Wainright Place is very realistic looking. I love that barn and the lot layout. I also really like to play ranch-style (as in one story) homes, too. Since I enjoy playing farms, I'm sure it will be finding a place in my games.

@Mystik1978 Shade seems like such a nice guy, and I'm glad that in your story he's inherited a house and he hasn't had the police following him around for years and neighbors whispering that they're sure he's behind Sasha's disappearance. I'm also glad to learn about that teleporter!

And now that I'm down a page or two, I know for sure that was Sasha. I'm so glad she's returned. Interesting story you've given her. Nice outfits, too.

@friendsfan367 The Becker family is very nice. So different Bobby and Brenda, but they say opposites attract. Matt is a cutie. I like Bobby's look, which is different from a lot of sims. He seems serious and introspective. Brenda is lovely.

@KaytayRoall Ah, Calista! Yes, that is a sour face, but she's is exotically fantastic. I just love her coloring. And her home, too. That rope bridge is great, and the way you laid out the garden, and well, just all of it.

@BreeMiles So many wonderful and different builds you've made. Ciane's Getaway is darling. I would like to hang out there, just relax and inhale the fragrance of all the pretty tree blossoms and stare at the scenery. Perhaps Ciane will rent it to me.

@60smusicluvr I think I started to write this earlier, right before I found my island, and my jaw hit the floor, and I lost the rest of the day to anything but exploring. Anyway, I can't find a comment I made, and I figure potentially two comments is a lot better than none. Kgaff's Contemporary seems a new style for you, and it's quite nice. I love the pinkish brick, the dormers, the open layout, the color choices, the shrubs dividing the sidewalk and driveway. Very nice.

I'm so glad the forum has the "save draft" option and even more glad I used it since I totally forgot to finish this after discovering my last wonderful gift. Sending now and will be back to pick up where I left off (which - note to self - should be the top of page 54).

We've just had so very many wonderful gifts in this exchange, and I've been excited about all of them. I feel as though I've run out of meaningful adjectives to use, but I just want you all to know how much I love everything and, even more so, love sharing with you all here. <3

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane
    The apartment in Tanka is really nice! Your idea of turning the apartments around has me wondering what else could be turned around.
    Hopefully Miko Wu won't be always alone.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2019
    Good Morning :)
    TODAY is the last day of Gifting!

Buddies may continue to chat and gift after today, but we're leaving on a 7 a.m. flight tomorrow morning (returning on Tuesday) so anything posted after my "goodbye" post will not be custard checked by me until the middle of next week.

Gifts up to this point have been custard checked and are listed on the front page of this thread.
    One gift has cc in it.
    Two have texture replacements. Am unable to install and check further. Newer clean versions available.
    Two came with objects from packs but when checked after installing, nothing unusual came through.

This is going to be a busy day!
    {{heads off to make some tea and start a load of laundry}}
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @SamelaRita My thank you and what a thoughtful question! <3 For the past month I've been doing a lot of reading on the blog of the author Samela (a strikingly similar name to yours) for reno research. She has a naturalistic and moving style that captures all the little yet important things, what I would call proper stories. As to me, I've never written stories before this exchange, so I'm not sure I have a style other than stringing sentences together ;) I'm afraid my reading is fairly unadventurous I love Dickens, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Hugo and Terry Pratchett, I used to read a lot of Xanth novels too. Mostly big books/series that encompass a whole world and then some, kind of like the sims but on paper ;) How about you?

@Hidehi You built...an entire.....gorgeous tropical island..... I can't find an expressive enough emoji so I had to resot to this > :love:

@ciane Sorry you had such hassle, I admit I'm one of those people who when looking for a build goes through your old stuff to find what I need. Your gifts! How did you have the time! The gals will have plenty to explore (when people are not busy exploring their stories). All your flats are swisher and more luxurious than anything in Bridgeport with pools, sauna facilities and those great glass box balconies! You put Bridgeport to shame! P.S I have the McGowan story bookmarked! Your lax attitude to internal infrastructure is an inspiration! :kissing_heart:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn My biggest hope for your gifts was that one would provide a spark for your imagination! I'm so happy it worked! Magda probably less so....

@MsPrissy88 Magnolia Estate has spectacular kerb appeal I love how its bursting with flowers

@DinoJr Thank you! I was going for totally out there diva with Danny Vincenzo so the fact there really is a guy like that is the very reason I'm selling my secret place in upstate NY :|
    edited May 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn you said you liked rustic and Victorian which made me want to do two renos: one rustic dragon valleyish with the challenge being a large family and one Victorian house with the challenge being more the potential story and the renovating. But it turns out I can’t do Victorian houses so I did, hopefully, the next best thing as its both rustic and Victorian but not a house....

Gift 3: @ Not Quite a Runaway Success - a Renovacy Challenge

Renovacy Challenge Rules – credit to the marvellous @SamelaRita

Fun Fact: This originally had Magda Rossi in it but I got worried she’d spontaneously combust when she crossed the threshold

Name: Not Quite A Runaway Success
    Cost: Financial Cost: £58,664 Personal Cost: A mild case of death and a chronic shortage of pie
    Lot Size: 30x30
    Style: Living on a wing and a prayer
    CC/CAP/Spawners:Nada/None/Zero
    MOO/CFE: I used MOO on the front two gateway pillars to join them to the fence. There were was no constraint of any kind not legal, moral or even pyromaniacal
    Description:What do you do when you accidentally burn your high school down? Apologize? Turn yourself in? Realise you have a strange addiction to matches? Of course not! Don’t accept that your actions have consequences! Run! Run with nothing but a backpack full of dry kindling, lighter fluid and emergency supplies of pie! Go where where no one can find you! Somewhere Old! Abandoned! With inadequate roof support…..

nnWNVUO.jpg

Teenage orphan Clara Hayes was blessed from a young age with looking like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. She was also born knowing the melting point of butter, metal and school roof support beams. At age two her ability to ignore instructions, break laws and identify a building’s weakest structural points led Aunt Pearl, her guardian and author of child rearing book "Children: Why You Should Never Have Them", to seek outside help and a series of exorcisms

Aunt Pearl displaying her patented Stealing Candy from a Baby parenting technique
    7gOgLiX.jpg

After breaking into school after hours in order to play with Bunsen burners Clara may have....accidentally….started a fire that burned the school...and the surrounding six blocks…. to the ground. Realising that being nearby with kindling, a Bunsen burner and a look of joyous wonder may seem suspicious Clara instinctively knew the only adult thing to do was run away as fast as a hot wired car could carry her.

The police using Clara’s most flattering passport photo for her Wanted poster
    Gbn5iIp.png

Having safely parallel parked the car in a ditch Clara sought refuge in All Hallows a church with so many abandonment issues Freud couldn’t unravel it all. Ignoring all the warning signs like the crumbling 14th century bell tower, the missing roofing and the literal warning signs outside Clara fell in love with the deathtrap ….. medieval artwork

For future reference: These are not welcome mats….
    ANuprn7.jpg

...and this is not medieval artwork
    rxQ1BwJ.jpg

Relishing the lack of adult supervision and no longer under a specially introduced school wide arson policy Clara finally felt free. She also felt a bit lost, lonely and like she should’ve packed more than 3 outfits. Broke, homeless and on the run Clara wondered if she’d gone down the wrong path and, more importantly, whether she should have already eaten all the pie…. will Clara mend her ways? Will she find a guardian to love her rather than stealing all her candy? Was Aunt Pearl right when she told her not to play with matche……..wait is that some dry kindling in the corner!!? In your face Aunt Pearl! No old lady can stop her now!! B)

Prim and proper ghost Adelaide feeling lost, lonely and like death wasn’t going to be nearly as peaceful as she thought…..
    lflLKzB.jpg
    Adelaide Kirk: – a bit lonely, though she’d never admit that to a tearaway teen
    Traits: Proper, snob, good, family orientated, frugal
    Skills: Elocution, eternal spinsterhood and regretting her life choices

Clara Hayes: – a bit lonely, though she’d never admit that to a stuck up ghost
    Traits: Daredevil, rebellious, adventurous, brave
    Skills: Legally questionable

Seems Clara and Adelaide are stuck trying to make a home with nothing but each other! Will these two natural enemies lost souls turn All Hallows into a perfect heaven or a living hell?

Side note: I am not an arsonist, just in case that needs to be said :*
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    edited May 2019
    That is my final gift! I want to say thank you to the our tireless hostess @ADWilson and a special thank you to @Mmdrgntobldrgn for receiving her gifts with the evil intentions good grace that any simmer could wish for :'( I hope you have fun exploring their surnames, traits, LTW and making your own stories with them however you wish! <3

Big thank you to all for all the lovely comments and especially the friend requests, new friends is more than I could have hoped for and the best surprise from this exchange! <3

I'm sorry if I have missed any commenting on any gifts :/ It was all incredible from steamy swamps to Asian apartments and Idyllic Islands to fantastic Frenchness the variety and creativity that my fellow simmers have shown will keep me happy and busy for months! I have had tremendous fun and discovered that Sims 3 still has so much to offer! :love:

I will stop using heart emojis...... <3.... now
    What another great build and story! I'm hoping she has fled far enough that her past stays in the past. My list of "to play"s grows longer!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top