March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Delete or Edit a Club When the Club Leader Has Died?

I have a club whose leader died long ago, but the club is still there. One of my sims just got a call from a member inviting him to join. He joined, and that's fine. I would like to either delete the club or at least edit it to update it -- It's currently called Train with Ted (it's a fitness club) but Ted is dead!

When I look at the club details, it shows no leader. What can I do? Can one of the members become the leader?

Comments

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    There are two ways:

1. Over throw the current club leader and become the leader yourself. That way you have full editing options.

or

2. Load up the household with the club leader from Manage Worlds and edit from there.

option 2 I'd say is easier, but option 1 could be a good story telling opportunity.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited May 2019
    filipomel wrote: »
    There are two ways:

1. Over throw the current club leader and become the leader yourself. That way you have full editing options.

or

2. Load up the household with the club leader from Manage Worlds and edit from there.

option 2 I'd say is easier, but option 1 could be a good story telling opportunity.

There is no leader to overthrow. Ted was the leader, and he's dead. :( I think all I can do is play each member of the club individually and have them cancel their membership. If the club has no members, it will be automatically deleted, I think.

Edited for typo. :)

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There is no leader to overthrow. Ted was the leader, and he's dead. :( I think all I can do is play each member of the club individually and have them cancel their membership. If the club has no members, it will be automatically deleted, I think.

There has to be a leader. When the leader dies someone else becomes the leader of the club. All clubs have a leader.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

There has to be a leader. When the leader dies someone else becomes the leader of the club. All clubs have a leader.

Wouldn't the leader show an icon or something? How can I tell who the leader is?

Wouldn't the leader show an icon or something? How can I tell who the leader is?

It's the first person in the club window. Or, while the club is gathering, it's the person with a crown above their head.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

It's the first person in the club window. Or, while the club is gathering, it's the person with a crown above their head.

OK...I will check tomorrow. When I view club details no one has the crown symbol. I will see if it appears when the club meets.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is what I hate about clubs. Why do they need a leader? I treat all club members equally. And ending up with lots of one-sim clubs that you cannot just delete easily is annoying too.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You should select a member of the club and have them do the interaction under the club social menu that says something like “Ask About Club Leader”. See what they say. It’s supposed to tell you who the leader is and since the person is dead maybe they will mention someone new?

OK...I will check tomorrow. When I view club details no one has the crown symbol. I will see if it appears when the club meets.

The crown isn't in the club details window. It's over the actual sim's head while the club is gathering. But like I said, the leader is the first person in the window anyway.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

The crown isn't in the club details window. It's over the actual sim's head while the club is gathering. But like I said, the leader is the first person in the window anyway.

For every other club I have, there is a crown-like icon on the leader when I view club details. That's why I found it odd that this club doesn't show that icon. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Will probably do that tomorrow.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    You should select a member of the club and have them do the interaction under the club social menu that says something like “Ask About Club Leader”. See what they say. It’s supposed to tell you who the leader is and since the person is dead maybe they will mention someone new?

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I don't do a lot of those club interactions like that, so I never thought about asking one of the members about the leader. Thanks!

OK, I went into my game, brought the club together, and here's what I see: three members, no crown.

X0uby2H.png

To confuse matters even more, I had one member talk to another about "the leader" of the club. The dialogue box popped up saying "I haven't spent much time with Casey Madrigal, but I assume he does a good job." Casey Madrigal might have been a member of the club once upon a time, but he's dead, too. So, apparently this club has two dead leaders.

Next, I went to the household of Charles Sorensen, who is pictured first in the box. He has no privileges to edit the club because "only club leaders" do that. So, Charles is not the leader. Any other suggestions?

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Is Ted (the dead leader) still around the game as a ghost? Maybe that's the issue and you need to delete his ghost in order to get rid of the club.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Is Ted (the dead leader) still around the game as a ghost? Maybe that's the issue and you need to delete his ghost in order to get rid of the club.

No, his ghost is long gone. I am just going to go to each member and have them resign. Hopefully that will delete the current club. One of the men can then create a new one.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I don't do a lot of those club interactions like that, so I never thought about asking one of the members about the leader. Thanks!

Hmm, do you use the MC Command Center mod? If so, you should be able to right click on the mailbox and press “Summon Sim” and type in that Casey person, see if the game actually makes him appear. If it does, you can ask him to step down as the leader.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    One of the epic shortcomings of clubs is the absence of any sort of club manager. Having to load into multiple households to make any sort of changes to multiple clubs is a bad design. They already have an interface for population, adding one for clubs would not have been hard at all.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    One of the epic shortcomings of clubs is the absence of any sort of club manager. Having to load into multiple households to make any sort of changes to multiple clubs is a bad design. They already have an interface for population, adding one for clubs would not have been hard at all.

I second that
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack

Hmm, do you use the MC Command Center mod? If so, you should be able to right click on the mailbox and press “Summon Sim” and type in that Casey person, see if the game actually makes him appear. If it does, you can ask him to step down as the leader.

Nope, I don't use the MC Command Center. At this point, I'm just going to try to make the club go away by having the three members resign, and then one of them can begin a new club without Ted's name in it. :)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2019
    That is the major problem with clubs that death is the only way to get kicked out if the leader is a npc when he dies, the game don't consider him disqualified or dead. Also if the game does recongize that he died, but there is no way to reach another sim for leader, it is either the other sims are not reachable or they are in the middle of a age transition.

Club leaders are choosen based on relationship with leader sim. So if all club members have same relationship game can't tell who is new leader until the relationships change. Also clubs have a bad habit of not updating until they meet up. However, says the club can gather that is actually not the issue, the issue with the club is it has no leader, so to fix that. Get to know the sims that are in that club, if you want to be leader, ask club members about leader, and talk down leader, you can than take control of club.

Edit since the leaders dead you can't ask the leader to step down, you may have ask one of the current club members to be leader, than you can take over.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think this is a bug that's started popping up recently. It used to be if the leader died or aged out of club requirement, someone else still in the club would become the new leader, but I've noticed this has stopped happening, and I end up with leaderless clubs running around that I can't get into to edit or anything because like you said there's no leader to usurp. I haven't found it in the bugs page, but then I'm really bad at finding things there (search feature is NOT my friend). But I think it's just a bug. I'd report it there if it hasn't been already.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited June 2019
    yeah I have the same problem too Max Fryes is long gone but the game think's hes still part of a club. But I can't even find him with "Summon Sim" or "unhide hidden households" since his ghost said "we will miss you" but yet I can't get him to appear at all

@Sid1701D9 that's not an option for child sims..doubt its an option for older sims either. "ask someone to be leader"
    6adMCGP.gif