Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things from sims 4 I would like to keep in sims 5.

2...Next

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I would also like to keep toddlers. I don't want them coming late!

Exactly. The team cut off so many base game features at launch of sims 4, I never imagined they would go this far. It proves literally any feature could be cut. I hope they learned some lessons from the feedback of their fans. I waited to buy sims 4 until toddlers were added and I would do the same for sims 5 if they leave out so many basic things.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    There is no need for a SIMS 5! The graphics on the SIMS 4 look great as it is. I love the fact that EA made it possible for people with old generation computers to still be able to play the latest SIMS game. The only reason there should ever be a SIMS 5 or if there is going to be a SIMS 5, it would be for the addition of ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

Multiplayer functions are not on my list for sims 5, quite the contrary. I like to be able to play offline. I want to control sims in my game and not depend on what other people decide in their game. I would have to stop playing if I am forced to be online when other players who influenced my game are online.

I want to be able to tell my story the way I like it and play when it suits me in real life. I don't know if my gameplay style is compatible with multiplayer.

I totally agree with you. I don't want someone else messing up my game. It's my world. I don't agree with that person about the graphics, I hope sims5 is more realistic, don't care for cartoony, never did.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I'm actually quite happy with the graphics in sims 4, for me the cartoony style is a keeper. Part of the reason why I could never warm up to sims 3 was the look of the sims themselves. It's a matter of personal preference , I suppose.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Building and CAS, in that order.

There are things in build mode that still need some work. Such as removing tiles one at a time, or having a water tool and the constrain floor elevation cheat. Other than than, TS4's build mode is pretty darn good.

CAS is good, too. Though I hope that the next game will allow for color changes, at least.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Building and CAS, in that order.

There are things in build mode that still need some work. Such as removing tiles one at a time, or having a water tool and the constrain floor elevation cheat. Other than than, TS4's build mode is pretty darn good.

CAS is good, too. Though I hope that the next game will allow for color changes, at least.

And being able to change patterns too. That's important to me as well. Changing the pattern of an object can totally change its look.

I also agree with everyone that it shouldn't be an online or multiplayer game. I think this is universal across all the iterations from what I can see! I wish EA would just stop trying with that and just accept that simmers don't want it because it can mess up their own gameplay in their own sandbox. It is enough to be able to create and share what they choose to share and let others download it and edit it once it's in their own sandbox.

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    My Sim, I don't want to leave him behind :wink:
  • anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    Definitely the art style. I didn't like their attempt at realism in the Sims 3, I used to have to use a lot of CC just to stop my Sims looking like potatoes. I agree with the calendar system being implemented still and the drag and pull CAS.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    • Art style
    • CAS
    • Building tools
    • Gallery
    • Multi-tasking
    • Parenting system/perks
    • Ability to use all neighborhoods in the same save
    • Emotions (But redesign them to interact more dynamically with traits. Also, add fear.)
    • Calendar (Please include this and weather in the base game, so features from other expansions will take these into account.)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    -calendar system (I also agree with weather in base game)
    -multitasking (biggest reason I struggle to play other sims games)
    -Gallery
    -ART STYLE (please please please do not ever do realistic sims again sims 3 sims were awful looking)
    -no open world (open neighborhoods would be nice though)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    So much stuff:
    -Toddlers (with more content in Sims 5)
    -Vampires
    -Club system
    -Calendar with the customizing of holidays
    -CAS
    -Building tools (alongside Sims 3’s tools)
    -Ease of play and laidback play (for me, in my opinion)
    -Ease and quickness of editing the townies and lots
    -Easy traveling between worlds (with no mods)
    -Cartoony-like art and animation style (or even something close to Sim 2)
    -Gallery
    -Doctor career (with better AI)
    -Parenthood content and values (with even more content and depth)
    -Scarecrow and other little things
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    Probably won't happen. But, I think Seasons should be a default feature in the base game. I hope TS5 has completely open worlds and neighborhoods, meaning they have the ability to visit Sims both in their neighborhood and in other worlds.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Keep

-the club system
    -the gallery
    -the push pull
    -the ability to move an entire house/lot
    -the ability to load a build or a sim directly in game , from the gallery
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    What I hope they keep:

* CAS - I love everything about this CAS. Drag and pull. Being able to create up to five different outfits for each category and I can add different hairstyles, make-up, and accessories.
    * Build and Buy - I like that we can also drag and pull here and I also really like the search and filter features.
    * Gallery - I really like that we can just plop down houses, venues, and even households into the game without leaving the game. This is especially nice when I want to fill my worlds up with other players houses and venues because I can't build. :)
    * Calendar - Please. I LOVE this feature. I can plan all kinds of activities for my families to celebrate with their loved ones and I can find out when birthday's are coming up, instead of having to hover over their bars to find out. And the calendar allows me to actually plan birthday parties. I love it!
    * Emotions - Like the system, just would like them to do an overhaul of it as it really needs to be revisited and work better with traits.
    * Club System - Though, I would like even more options, I still really like that we can create clubs, and a place for our Sims to actually go to and hang out and do club activities together.
    * Multi-tasking - Like seeing Sims walk up and joining conversations. I like that they can eat, talk, and do other things while gaining skills, friendships, etc.
    * World Travel - Being able to travel around to all the different worlds freely.
    * Parenting skill / system - Parenthood is my favorite game-pack and I would love a system like this implemented into Sims 5.
    * Game Packs: I am always super excited when a game-pack gets announced/released because I feel like they really flesh out the features/systems and the game-play just feels full to me. I also really like that they're 20 dollars and if they just focus on game-packs all the time... I would buy every single one of them.

What I hope they do better:

* Bigger spacious neighborhoods. LESS loading screens. :expressionless: I don't mind them, but inside a neighborhood, or space, there should be no loading.. If I want to travel to another world, loading screens are fine, if I want to go across the map, a loading screen is fine, but inside a neighborhood area, it should be completely open.
    * World Creator - I really miss being able to download worlds from players and plot down my own lot sizes.
    * More swatches...... or..... a "CAST" Creator outside the game and the finished swatch could be implemented into the game. Like how you could create Sims in Bodyshop (Outside program) and then import them into the game with Sims 2.

* Expansion packs - The earlier packs seem to be a little lack-luster with content.. but I am still experiencing content from Seasons and Get Famous, so here's hoping that Island living with feel the same fullness as these last two have. I do enjoy the other packs, but I don't know what it is about them.. the content is great ( I love Get To Work), but Get Together (aside from the club system) and City Living... were just kind of... empty-feeling packs to me, (like I enjoy content that I can reuse for families, but also.. for it to feel like a brand new experience, if that makes sense) but that's probably just a weird/unpopular opinion. To each their own.

Would love a system where I feel like they're kind of touching base on with (StrangerVille and now Sulani) as with Sulani, your Sims can have an impact on the beach and island. And as you do certain things, over time - those choices you made can have a reflection on it. Which I love. So, I would love a system like this in Sims 5.. where there were consequences for things and you have the opportunity to also fix that choice you made, or play it out and let what happens, happen. I'd also like to see this implemented into Sims and how they can be affected by these choices and how they can react to them and feel about them as well.

If I have something happen to a Sim they should be affected by that and this may make them not be able to do interactions as good as they could have, and this could cause a snowball affect of changes that happen across the world.. but you could also change it.. you could let some mayhem go around town, but then also find ways to make it better. I don't know how to explain it, but I want my Sims to be affected by things that happen. For instance, a marriage gone wrong... this should affect the parties involved. Children should be heart-broken, this should (sometimes), make them act-out, because they're affected by their parents divorce. This should shape them into Pre-teens that are.. kind of emotional and starting to get into their phases of disobeying and other mischief and then turn into Rebellious Teens.

Maybe as a young Adult, they have a MORE difficult time finding love and being in relationships, because they don't know how to allow someone in because of their parents hardships. (Maybe the parents were not getting along most of the relationship, maybe one was finding love elsewhere because they were broken and unhappy). I want my Sims to have emotions, to show those emotions, to be affected and react. I want them to gradually age, gradually grow and shape into Young Adults who attempt to create their lives, maybe they're a workaholic, who cannot manage their love-life and have trouble getting dates. Etc.

I would loveee it if Sims 5 was like this. The stories we could tell. This would truly make me feel like anything can happen and make me feel like my game is mine and my stories will be so different from another players game! IT would be amazing ♥
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    ABOUT SEASONS:
    I love the Calendar/Holiday system so much, but to be honest it can be released in a gamepack. The actual calendar system + holiday objects and a lot of things for us to customize our holidays. Why? I think that we lost a lot n a matter of "seasons" itself... no snow depht or swimmable oceans, for example, is something that made me so disappointed... But I got so involved with the Calendar... We could have both well fleshed out Seasons and a Calendar in sims 5 if they were 2 separate packs.

ABOUT CATS & DOGS
    Do i have to say anything? I get that they had to open up space in the pack to be able to include the Veterinarian career, but at what cost? No small pets or wild life? A bunch of objects missing... Pet beds that are barely a 2D carpet... I love the Veterinarian career, but... My suggestion to Sims 5 is to release a Pet Shop Gamepack including all the small pets (hamsters, snakes, lizards, birds, etc) and where you can buy toys, treats etc too or be the owner. A really good Cats & Dogs including wild life + really good meshes (not 2d rugs for pets to sleep), more than just the veterinarian career, like being animal trainer, or competition jury. Also, talking about competition, even SIMS 1 had actual contests... Like... urgh

ABOUT GET TO WORK
    Mixing ambitions and open for business was the worst idea ever, separating them would be way better as we would get more fleshed out stuff. Also, active careers just work when we can switch easily between the other sims from the household like in Sims 3, otherwise no one will actually use that feature much. I would suggest them to release an Open For Business remake, but include the old isms 3 rabbit holes in the worlds and later release one by one as active careers in Game Packs (than the game would change the fake lot for the real one). This way, the people that don't want to be playing active careers could just avoid buying it. Leave all the other stuff like photography, sculpting etc from ambitions to a Hobbies EP like we had in Sims 2.

ABOUT GET TOGETHER
    I have absolutely 0 bad things to say about that EP. It took the boring and shallow theme from Sims 1 House Party and expanded that expansion pack the way new Sims iterations should do to all packs. In Get Together we don't lack anything we had in House Party, we actually have more and probably one of the most beloved systems in this game. The club system should be in Sims 5, bu i would love if the added new icons with each new EP. In Sims 4 i kinda struggle to find an icon that matches what i want my group theme to be... Also, Karaokes should be in this pack instead of coffee shops. We should be able to own a coffee shop, so... maybe it should be part of Open For Business instead.

ABOUT CITY LIVING
    I love the cultural aspect of city living... probably one of the best built worlds in the series, full of details and all, but i hate so many things on that pack itself... The EP looks like a bad compilation of random themes like...We are not even able to build apartments, penthouses, trailer parks... And everything kinda looks like they only thought about Young Adults, most of the objects and interactions could easily be part of an University pack. We want the tools to build apartments, working and fully animated elevators, we want to be landlords as a career, we want random people to stop getting inside of our apartments randomly.

ABOUT ISLAND LIVING
    Thanks, i hate it. No houseboats, no scuba diving with underwater exploration... Why? Cuz they had to spend their money producing swimmable oceans that should have been part of seasons but had to cut that cuz they had to include the calendar that could have been a big holiday themed GP. COME ON...

They don't seem to plan all of their packs before. I think the devs jsut come up with random themes 1 year prior releasing it, and at the end stuff that should obviously part of a game pack/expansion pack or stuff pack suddenly is part of something else... Like... I mean, look at the only pack we could vote for something since Sims released back in 2000... Laundry works way better as stuff pack than as part of an expansion pack, but even that lacks... We are stuck with the same washer and dryer forever.
    I know i sound ungrateful, but we should be grateful just when something is given to us for free. I am paying for that, and if other comapny releases a better game, i'll buy that instead. But i don't want that, i have been with Sims since i was a baby little kid, i respect that game and have fond memories with it. There is a lot of good things in this series, even in SIms 4, but saying "i love this, i love that" doesn't seem to help that much. Like when they released the game and we got angry with small worlds, than they gave us a 3rd world.
    I love Sims, i love every single simguru and the other producers that are more shy and doesn't come out to say hi my intelligence and my money seem to be underestimated in this iteration.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    There is no need for a SIMS 5! The graphics on the SIMS 4 look great as it is. I love the fact that EA made it possible for people with old generation computers to still be able to play the latest SIMS game. The only reason there should ever be a SIMS 5 or if there is going to be a SIMS 5, it would be for the addition of ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

@kaspertelly OMG, no. haha If Sims 4 had so many issues when it released was just because they were producing int to be a online multiplayer game, but they learned it doesn't work in simulation games when Simcity flopped. Now we are going to be stuck with a really bad scripted and designed game until they release sims 5.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member

What I Like

CAS-- I really like the UI for CAS. The presets for faces and the ability to pull things around really speeds up the process and helps me avoid same-face. It's very easy to find the clothing/hair/accessories I want to change. I actually like the swatch system for clothing and objects; You don't walk into a department store and dip dye the clothes the exact color you want. For me, being able to make things work the way they come is part of the fun. I adore the different walks and postures. I like the cartoony look of the characters. Yep, I just do.

Neighborhoods-- I love being able to deal with my tragic NPCs and the weird hair/clothing decisions they make. I love that build/buy is a single thing. I love the calendar and festivals.

Interaction-- I love parenting! That is the coolest thing they've given me. Cute toddlers with actual personalities are a huge plus. Cellphones are a neat addition with numerous uses. I love freelancing

I'm sure I'll think of more soon...

What I'd Change

CAS-- As much as I love the pulling of features, there's still a limit to how far you can push or pull... as in a slider. Can I have a feature to see the sliders, but still be able to push and pull? It would really help me to be able to tweak features, and it would also help me locate features that have to be pulled from random specific angles. (ahem, especially once I get slider mods) And although I said I like swatches--and I do!-- I don't think they should apply to genetics-based things such as hair color, eye color, or skin color. This is especially important to me because of how often I play families. Children are a better blend when they are within a spectrum of their parents colors rather than a copy-paste of their different features/colors. I think the color wheel would be better for skin/eyes/and hair. I wish we had different expression choices. Honestly, I'd trade postures for these. I give my characters unique facial features, but they all look freakishly identical when they're all smiling or crying because of how cartoony the expressions are. A choice to make some sims less or differently expressive would mean a lot to me. Something to better differentiate teens and adults. Something. Please.

Neighborhoods-- Although I loved my open world in Sims3, it was a beast for even my new computer. A semi-open world with the ability to visit neighbors going about their day, though... that would be enough for me. Especially if it meant I no longer have a constant stream of people randomly walking by and around my home. Some kind of car/bike system. And bring back the woodland critters and burglars! I like a bit of uncontrollable unexpected chaos.

Interaction-- Please stop handing out cellphones and phone plans for free. I like the idea, but I hate that they all have them. I hate that they all have each others numbers. I would never buy them just as I never buy televisions, but the option of them for others is a must at this point.

Sorry, I know I've gone off topic with nonsims4 things that I want... but I waaaant them. XD