Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I will be putting out a new competition shortly to see if there is enough interest. It will be about Sims and their pets/animals. It won't launch until I know there is enough people saying yes go ahead, so it won't launch until next month sometime. So I will put it out there and get some feedback on if it is of interest or not in the modelling community.

edited May 2019
    Name of the Competition: Sims and their Pets/Animals. Check it out here: Sims and Their Pets/Animals
    Host: Jendowoz
    Estimated Arrival: Sometime toward the middle of next month
    Type: Fashion Competition
    Theme/Description: Sims in various comps that I've either run or been in seem to enjoy posing their Sims with their Pets or other animals. That is what gave me the idea for this competition. It is primarily a fashion competition for Sims and their Pets/animals. It will be a competition on how well you can present your Sim and their pets/animals in a variety of situations, such as a rescue, or in the wild etc. You are to fashion your model and their animal/pet for a variety of different circumstances. Obviously it would be good to have cats and dogs for this competition, but you can use google animals if you don’t and/or use those we do have in Sims 3 or 4.

• TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hey Ya'll........... I Will Be Launching A New Comp -- MISS TROPICS.......... It Will Be Just That.......... Themed With Tropical Fashion!!!! Rounds Will Be Such As Swimwear Lingerie Different Genre's Of Fashion Some Portraits But Sticking To --- Tropical Theme........ Hope You Can Join As I Will Be Launching VERY Soon! <3 IF Your Interested Let Me Know What You Think........ Thanks <3
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA that sounds like a great idea! I’d totally be up for joining ☺️

also could I get put back on the tag list? ☺️
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    Hey Ya'll........... I Will Be Launching A New Comp -- MISS TROPICS.......... It Will Be Just That.......... Themed With Tropical Fashion!!!! Rounds Will Be Such As Swimwear Lingerie Different Genre's Of Fashion Some Portraits But Sticking To --- Tropical Theme........ Hope You Can Join As I Will Be Launching VERY Soon! <3 IF Your Interested Let Me Know What You Think........ Thanks <3

~ Perfectly timed @TEXASTWANGTONYA with "Island Living" coming out!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

edited June 2019
    Yayyyyy Haven't Seen You Around In A Long While.....So Good To See YOU! I'd Love You To Join @MissBirdie ....... Yes @aussiekarima Right In Time For Island Living <3 ....... SOOOOOO Hyped About ITTTT!
    Tag Miz @MizoreYukii So She Puts You On The List...... HUGZZZZ
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2019
    Forgot and then got busy because of the baby and couldn't update, oops. Everything is updated and will work on keeping it updated now.

Updates:
    • The tag list has been fully and completely updated, including the removal of several members as they have been inactive for a while now or never joined a comp. If you were removed but want to be added back, let me know! Welcome back to all our old members and welcome to the new ones! @Vanderhoot @O-meezy @wbombje @FauxEvermore @YJB19299 @mkasml @MissBirdie @Mzsammyrose @koalasims
    • Updated the Upcoming section with other competitions that are starting soon, including a rough outline of my own comps.
      ~ Competition | Miss Tropics Cycle 1 // by @TEXASTWANGTONYA // Start Date: Next month or two
      ~ Competition | Fashion Wars // by @jilliebee22 (Jillie) // Start Date: In a month or so
      ~ Competition | Miss Sims 4 Universe Season 3 // by @Storiessims4 // Start Date: Next month or so
      ~ Competition | Fairest Of Them All Season 6 // by Sprinkle_Sims & Others // Start Date: Summer
      ~ Competition | Fresh Faces Season 7 // by @themelonic (Jezi) // Start Date: Fall
      ~ Competition | Sims & Their Pets - Season 1 // by @Jendowoz0612 // Start Date: August
      ~ Competition | Miss Sims Season 2 // by DonutSimmer & Others // Start Date: Soon
      ~ Competition | Afterlife Season 3 // by Paige (Ariz) // Start Date: Soon
      ~ Competition | Muse Cycle 3 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime soon, maybe in a month or two
      ~ Competition | Pose Season 1 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime after Muse
      ~ Competition | The Selection Season 1 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime after Pose
    • My planned future comps include:
      ~ Competition | Muse Cycle 3 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime soon, maybe in a month or two
      Muse - A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a song to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments are open ended with no requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There is no fashion or modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. Cycle 3 has a nature theme. You can see Cycle 1 (here) and Cycle 2 (here). This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with no eliminations.
      ~ Competition | Pose Season 1 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime after Muse
      Pose – Based on the (show) and the (ball culture) that inspired it, but you don’t need to have watched the show, or researched ball culture, to enjoy this competition! The competition has a high focus on fashion and creativity with poses (like the name), with modeling coming second. Editing is not a large focus either, but still needs to be clean. And backgrounds will be provided so everyone focuses on CC shopping instead of hunting for backgrounds. Contestants will be split into Houses, and each House will be competing against each other for first place. Each House is run by a “Mother” or “Father” who will help with certain assignment decisions, but the role is smaller than it sounds so please don’t worry. This is beginner friendly and will be a cumulative competition with no eliminations since it is based on group effort, and the competition will be short to help prevent drop outs (around 6 rounds or less).
      ~ Competition | The Selection Season 1 // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Sometime after Pose
      The Selection - Based on the book series (book series) but you don’t need to read it to enjoy the competition! Quote: *"The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa."* (We will have less than 35 girls though, don’t worry!) Think of the book/competition as The Bachelor but with princes/princesses, politics, and mild Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion. Assignments include themes such as: press attacks, romance focus (dates, imagined futures, etc.), and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in. This is a cumulative competition with eliminations every few rounds to simulate the Prince eliminating some girls. (And yes, a Princess version will be a future cycle!)
      I decided on this order because Pose should be easier to setup and launch than The Selection with the baby being here, despite me really wanting to launch it first. I don't think I have the time which is why it is planned for later. Muse is pretty much ready to go so will be easy to launch, plus I promised it and had it on the schedule for a while now. I don't know when I will launch Muse, but hopefully soon.
    • Two comps were added but are already over or started: Miss Sims and Miss Grand International.
    • Six competitions have ended and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @ColorMePink for first place in FOCUS, and me for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @jilliebee22 for first place in Sophisticated Style Cycle 3, and @jaunty for second and @deviouslyvivid for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @abelhinha35 for first place in Who Wore It Better?, and @TEXASTWANGTONYA for second and @Penguinwa101 for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @xJojox for first place in Versace's Finest Cycle 2, and @jilliebee22 for second and @Jendowoz0612 for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @Jendowoz0612 for first place in Fashion Plate Cycle 2 - Mister Fashion Plate, and @MyFavoritedesign for second and @aussiekarima for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @Storiessims4 for first place in Bare Season 2, and @koalasims for second and @xJojox for third!
    • These competitions have been moved to the past section.
      ~ Versace's Finest Cycle 2 // by Mamajanaynay
      ~ Sophisticated Style Cycle 3 // by Jendowoz0612
      ~ FOCUS // by xJojox
      ~ Who Wore It Better? // by MizoreYukii
      ~ Fashion Plate Cycle 2 - Mister Fashion Plate // by TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Thanks Darling For The Updates!!!!!!! @MizoreYukii <3
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Hello! Sorry I've been on a super long hiatus! While I have time in the summer (kinda, I work full time) I really want to get back into editing, probably a bit rusty... @MizoreYukii If you could put me on the back on the tag list I would be so happy :) Super excited to talk to you all again!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2019
    So nice to see you back. <3 I have a competition beginning in August sometime if you are keen, @alexis3142 You can check it out here and see if it interests you.
    Sims and their Pets/Animals
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Noticed an error in the tag list and was missing Artsyamy and wbombje. I had added them to the post but not the list, lol. Fixed.
    edited August 2019
    Just to touch base, @MizoreYukii I'm launching Sims and their Animals on the 12th August.

Sims and their Pets/Animals

edited August 2019
    Moved the launch to the 12th now, in the hope that I get a few more takers @MizoreYukii

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Working on getting Muse launched. Stay tuned!

YAAAAAAS I'll be looking out for it!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Forgot and then got busy because of the baby and couldn't update, oops. Everything is updated and will work on keeping it updated now.
    Updates:
    • The tag list has been fully and completely updated, including the removal of several members as they have been inactive for a while now or never joined a comp. If you were removed but want to be added back, let me know! Welcome back to all our old members and welcome to the new ones! @Vanderhoot @O-meezy @wbombje @FauxEvermore @YJB19299 @mkasml @MissBirdie @Mzsammyrose @koalasims
    • Updated the Upcoming section with other competitions that are starting soon, including a rough outline of my own comps.
      ~ Competition | Miss Tropics Cycle 1 // by @TEXASTWANGTONYA // Start Date: Next month or two
      ~ Competition | Fashion Wars // by @jilliebee22 (Jillie) // Start Date: In a month or so
      ~ Competition | Miss Sims 4 Universe Season 3 // by @Storiessims4 // Start Date: Next month or so
      ~ Competition | Fairest Of Them All Season 6 // by Sprinkle_Sims & Others // Start Date: Summer
      ~ Competition | Fresh Faces Season 7 // by @themelonic (Jezi) // Start Date: Fall
      ~ Competition | Sims & Their Pets - Season 1 // by @Jendowoz0612 // Start Date: August
      ~ Competition | Miss Sims Season 2 // by DonutSimmer & Others // Start Date: Soon
      ~ Competition | Afterlife Season 3 // by Paige (Ariz) // Start Date: Soon
    • My planned future comps include:
      Muse - A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a song to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments are open ended with no requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There is no fashion or modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. Cycle 3 has a nature theme. You can see Cycle 1 (here) and Cycle 2 (here). This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with no eliminations.
      Pose – Based on the (show) and the (ball culture) that inspired it, but you don’t need to have watched the show, or researched ball culture, to enjoy this competition! The competition has a high focus on fashion and creativity with poses (like the name), with modeling coming second. Editing is not a large focus either, but still needs to be clean. And backgrounds will be provided so everyone focuses on CC shopping instead of hunting for backgrounds. Contestants will be split into Houses, and each House will be competing against each other for first place. Each House is run by a “Mother” or “Father” who will help with certain assignment decisions, but the role is smaller than it sounds so please don’t worry. This is beginner friendly and will be a cumulative competition with no eliminations since it is based on group effort, and the competition will be short to help prevent drop outs (around 6 rounds or less).
      The Selection - Based on the book series (book series) but you don’t need to read it to enjoy the competition! Quote: *"The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa."* (We will have less than 35 girls though, don’t worry!) Think of the book/competition as The Bachelor but with princes/princesses, politics, and mild Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion. Assignments include themes such as: press attacks, romance focus (dates, imagined futures, etc.), and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in. This is a cumulative competition with eliminations every few rounds to simulate the Prince eliminating some girls. (And yes, a Princess version will be a future cycle!)
      I decided on this order because Pose should be easier to setup and launch than The Selection with the baby being here, despite me really wanting to launch it first. I don't think I have the time which is why it is planned for later. Muse is pretty much ready to go so will be easy to launch, plus I promised it and had it on the schedule for a while now. I don't know when I will launch Muse, but hopefully soon.
    • Two comps were added but are already over or started: Miss Sims and Miss Grand International.
    • Six competitions have ended and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @ColorMePink for first place in FOCUS, and me for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @jilliebee22 for first place in Sophisticated Style Cycle 3, and @jaunty for second and @deviouslyvivid for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @abelhinha35 for first place in Who Wore It Better?, and @TEXASTWANGTONYA for second and @Penguinwa101 for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @xJojox for first place in Versace's Finest Cycle 2, and @jilliebee22 for second and @Jendowoz0612 for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @Jendowoz0612 for first place in Fashion Plate Cycle 2 - Mister Fashion Plate, and @MyFavoritedesign for second and @aussiekarima for third!
      ♥ Congrats to @Storiessims4 for first place in Bare Season 2, and @koalasims for second and @xJojox for third!
    • These competitions have been moved to the past section.
      ~ Versace's Finest Cycle 2 // by Mamajanaynay
      ~ Sophisticated Style Cycle 3 // by Jendowoz0612
      ~ FOCUS // by xJojox
      ~ Who Wore It Better? // by MizoreYukii
      ~ Fashion Plate Cycle 2 - Mister Fashion Plate // by TEXASTWANGTONYA

WOW .. labor of love there .. awesome info!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I will actually be hosting a look book contest starting the end of August/First of September for anyone interested in a more relaxed competition.

Little rundown for anyone interested..

Editorial

This is a lookbook competition and is based on styling, so editing is not required to do well. This competition will have 6 assignments and 5 challenges each season. That means there might be multiple eliminations if there are a lot of contestants. First elimination will begin in assignment 3. That way you will always have at least 3 assignments in each season.

Assignments will be based on certain events that you have been hired to style for. This will have to be placed on a background to match requirements.

Challenges will be based on a certain person or client that is hiring you for a special event. This can be submitted from CAS or on a solid background as it is only the styling needed.

You will have SIX days to finish your assignments and challenges - always having a weekend to work on them. :smiley: Extensions are given when asked. Only two per contestant are given out, so use them wisely!

Though this will run through discord and on here, you will NOT post your assignment until AFTER the deadline on any social media. This will make sure there is no copy catting and keep things a bit more original. If you do not use twitter, with your permission, I would like to post them on the official account with credit.

All assignments will be DM'd to the host and will be posted for all to see while the judges deliberate. There will be comments from the host and a few judges after each round to help guide you on your way to the top!
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    So it will be this on here, too, @jilliebee22 ?

• jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    Yes! I decided that I would do it like Mizzie for people who don't like being in the discord servers. :)
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    yes @jilliebee22 I love lookbooks, love how laid back it can be as well! I can't wait! I do have discord but cannot work out how to use it lol, clearly not as cool at online stuff as when I was a teen lol.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif