Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    When you wish you could set your energy motive to static...zzzZZZZ :sleepy::sleeping:
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    when this is your desktop background image ^
    [It's actually relaxing]

Mmm hmm, or ANY sims picture for that matter. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    When you start frequently making hand gestures you never did before after seeing them SO often in TS3. :)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Zero2HeroZero2Hero Posts: 253 Member
    You find yourself singing all the traditional songs from the Sims 3: World Adventures expansion pack.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited May 2019
    When taking walks in a graveyard makes it easy to imagine yourself being in a sim world - lots of beautiful decor with a few interactive objects.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you take a walk, see a really badly build house, and have to remind yourself that you can´t just go into edit town and "fix it".
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    When you're too tired to cook dinner because you just got back from exploring Egypt where you fought a mummy AND stopped a mega corporation from exploiting ancient artifacts and so you say a few magic words and wave your hand in the air hoping to find a family serving of bouillabaisse has magically appeared in it only to find that none of that happened, but you're still too tired to cook dinner so you order a pizza and eat it straight out of the box, no plates or paper plates or even napkins...
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    when this is your desktop background image ^
    [It's actually relaxing]

Mmm hmm, or ANY sims picture for that matter. ;)

Also true ;) the mere face that the sims exist in our life is calming :wink:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    so you order a pizza and eat it straight out of the box, no plates or paper plates or even napkins...

You say that like its not a normal thing. Why dirty a plate? :D:D:D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    so you order a pizza and eat it straight out of the box, no plates or paper plates or even napkins...

@KevinL5275 :lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=3570325
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    When you see a thread in the forum asking if you ever go back to your old saves, which makes you starting thinking about old saves, and sets up a chain reaction of grabbing a very old save, then staying up until 3 a.m. with the sheer delight of playing all your old sims and seeing your beginning efforts at their redecorated houses.

It's gonna be a long day at work, ugh :tongue:
  • stephanie99stephanie99 Posts: 6 New Member
    When your real life starts to suffer as a result of the countless hours playing instead of doing anything productive! :'(
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    When you're playing other action games and RPGs and wishing you can spend the money you earned from battles to build a nice house and fill it up with furniture where you can go home after each mission to relax and refresh your needs, visit with family and other sims, etc!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When you haven't played for almost four months, and you think you might have somehow kicked the habit...

And then you need to test something and do some logging for comparison's sake. You're specifically only supposed to be in CAS for five minutes, then live play for five minutes, so the logs match up. But somehow you can't help but tweak the first sim that appears on your screen, maybe just a bit... and then you realize it's been 15 minutes, and you're still playing with the face sliders. So of course you should load some clothing, just to test... and 25 minutes later, you're still not happy with the everyday outfit, and you realize that you've completely ruined any possibility of getting decent results, so you have to quit and start over with the logging. And you're not even mad—that was fun.

Oh, and then the second time around, even knowing how the first attempt went, you still go over the time limit again.

So, yeah, the addiction is still very much present.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When you see your fourth rainbow of the day and think, "hey, there must be lots of unicorns out grazing today" :tongue:

Also when you have to actively set restrictions for forum time, not only because it distracts you from your studying, but also because browsing through everyone's posts makes you miss your game so much and wish even more fervently that your final exams were over :confounded:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    When you hear the sims build mode music in commercials on tv LOL and automatically cry out "Hey! That's the sims!"
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When you pass by someone walking the other way on the sidewalk on a very hot, sunny day, and notice that she is carrying a parasol. Those are pretty unusual to see around here, so all you can think of absent-mindedly is that she must be a vampire. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @igazor LOL!

When you make a wishlist of sims 3 store stuff, EPs, SPs and CC.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    When you can't look at another person without thinking about slider positions.
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@Mikezumi

giphy.gif

:joy:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Have to admit, taken out of context this could at least appear to have quite a different meaning than intended. "Hey cutey, wanna come over to my place and practice some slider positions?" (what can I say, I am the child of a decade where we learned corny pickup lines almost before we learned how to walk and read)
    :D
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor I guess it could be taken out of context by people who don't know me but that would say more about about them than me because my statement was totally innocent! :D
    Given my love of making sims based on real people, slider positions means exactly what I meant it to mean.
    Only yesterday, while watching The Man in the High Castle with my son, I could only see one of the actors in terms of slider positions: his eyes, in particular, would have heavily utilized the eye apex slider.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you do some mindless task at work, and while your hands are busy, you start comparing Sims 3 and Sims 4 through foodstuff. I started with cotton candy for Sims 4 and a candied apple for Sims 3, but ended up with boxes of chocolate.

Sims 3 is one of those smaller fancy ones, you know, with dark chocolate and rich fillings, most of them you know and enjoy, and sometimes there´s a new taste you never had before in that boxes, but it´s delightful!
    Sims 4 is the big colourful one, the chocolate is the cheap kind and all the fillings kind of taste the same, mostly sweet and a bit cardboardy. Not bad, if you have a craving for sweets, but not really great either, and if you are unlucky, you end up slightly sick.

I also thought of Forrest Gump.

I need a life.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    When you pass by someone walking the other way on the sidewalk on a very hot, sunny day, and notice that she is carrying a parasol. Those are pretty unusual to see around here, so all you can think of absent-mindedly is that she must be a vampire. :)

Hadn't thought of that till just now... Wonder if they'd be upset if I asked to see their neck?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top