Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Jessabeans another way to test it is to move the CAW file to your downloads sections of your launcher before installing it, then do the Delpy dashboard check if that makes you feel safer... ;) I checked it on my Dashboard and I think you do have to install it first to be sure...
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I'm way behind again on commenting, I simply can't keep up.

@60smusicluvr I am amazed that Kgaff's Contemporary is on 20x20 lot. You really make good use of the space and I do like the darker color palette. I think I could really move in and feel right at home here. I love the openness and that is a great "cooks kitchen". Your roofing skills are amazing, no need to apologize for anything. <3

BTW I did start decorating Sunny Side UP. You were correct, it will be a challenge and I think it will be cozy but it's a bunch of fun. It took me forever to decide where to put the stairs!!

@Hidehi Wow! A World! I don't remember anyone doing a world before. This will be a "must" download :)

@AlphaFen You slay me, really you do. I love the story and your descriptions of sims and you make me laugh (actually snort laugh) Forging a new path looks like fun except for all those diapers to change. Eewww. B)

@suzses I am totally going to borrow Paradise Equestrian Center as my go to horsey place. I really like the gazebos in back for meeting up with other sims. Great houseboats! I didn't have any in my game until now :)

@friendsfan367 The Beckers will be moving in one of my towns very shortly. They look like a fun family.

@SamelaRita I can't wait until you get back and see the things Addy has hinted at.

@Jessabeans I love Windermere and The Old Cooper place. It's nice to see the before and after. I love the view from the desk.

@MsPrissy88 First off, so sorry about you losing a good friend. Second, Krissy and Wyatt are a nice couple and hey, nice way to to present them too :)

@KaytayRoall That first pic of Calista Syringa make me think, "what a grouchy looking sim!" Now I know why. Syringa's Shelter and that rope bridge is fantastic!

If I missed anyone, so sorry, there have been so many wonderful things here. I want to download all of them :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Bree - I forgot to mention ONE SMALL DETAIL about Wyatt and Krissy's clothes....

THEY ARE *ALL* RECOLORED!!! Doing the colors in your house was one thing. Doing the same on their clothes?? Ummm -- NAH. I wanted their clothes to "stand out", as it were. And the majority of them ARE store content.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I put together a little slideshow of them on their farm. WORKING.

Once again, head on over to my website to see their pictures ....

starsplace.net/Brees-family_pt2.html

HANG TIGHT, @BREE!! THE PRESENTATION OF YOUR HOUSE IS COMING SOON!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I WILL get through the recent uploads this afternoon and comment on everyone's wonderful creations. I just... had problems with the launcher again. It worked, it just said I had too much in my studio, which undoubtedly I do; but I've gone on clean out sprees before and had another simmer say where is that lot? I love it! So, I try to keep even the low downloaded items because someone might want it again. Any way, I deleted a few recolors and a few lots that didn't have the UIC pics and a few lots that had an option with a family. Then, I cut back on the pics with the UIC. I ran ccleaner. I deleteted, renamed, and reshared. Then, of course I had to get my pics sorted and uploaded. See what happens when I take a day off simming to go do something else? I get behind!

Any way... @Hidehi
    Gift #5 is a turned around Harvest Moon apartment with a different layout of the public spaces.
    Hunters Moon is here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310666
    roof_up_original.jpg

And, yes, I added it to my latest word press account here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/hunters-moon

Gift #5.5 is the gals. They are here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310690
    Their story is a two-page entry that starts here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/hunters-moon/gals/
    Follow the link at the bottom to a second page with more pics.
    original.jpg

Whew! This has been a busy morning and I've pages to go through now!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @ciane very beautiful lot and sims, can't wait to get them in game and play them! Have you thought about downloading all your items on the exchange and saving them to a folder and then if someone spots something they would like to have, you could always re-upload it for them to download or send it to them in email!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm still catching up on the thread, that's a great idea Bree. Ciane do you use SimsFile Share? You could go ahead and upload the things you removed from your studio there and link to the files from your new blog. I've been backing up everything I've made recently there in case they ever close the Sims 3 site.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Hidehi I look forward to exploring your little island.

@AlphaFen & @Jessabeans click spoilers to see Magda Rossi's coming fate. >:)
    And yes she'll be loosing all her money plus a few other shocking surprises. >:)>:)>:)
    screenshot-3.jpg?w=840
    This is one of @Rflong7 's worlds, titled Flame Island and only has the one residential lot.
    screenshot-1.jpg?w=840
    screenshot-2.jpg?w=840
    As Jessa will notice right away, I've made a tiny change near the back door. And while I was tempted to create some holes in the floor I restrained the urge. ;)

AlphaFen I look forward to seeing what else you have stored up your sleeve, and the only reason Magda got top billing (for now) is because her story, plus Vincenzo Devlin's story, and Jessa's tudor screamed story at me ...... so much so that other things (housework) aren't happening today. :p lol :p
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Note to anyone testing with Delphy Dashboard.. If some files come as corrupted, delete the files in DCBackup in your Sims 3 file except cc merge... It should come clean.. If it still doesn't come clean on the Dashboard and it is only other data base packages, I have found those do not create problems for me, however, it is up to you what you want to do..
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I'll have to catch up later, but for now I'll reply to this.
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr I am amazed that Kgaff's Contemporary is on 20x20 lot. You really make good use of the space and I do like the darker color palette. I think I could really move in and feel right at home here. I love the openness and that is a great "cooks kitchen". Your roofing skills are amazing, no need to apologize for anything. <3

BTW I did start decorating Sunny Side UP. You were correct, it will be a challenge and I think it will be cozy but it's a bunch of fun. It took me forever to decide where to put the stairs!!

Thank you! It took awhile to figure the roof pitches out, but you can hardly see it.

I'm so sorry about that! *hides face in shame* i really should have thought about the space I have on the inside. Do you mind if i ask where you put them? LOL. :lol:
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I'm intrigued for sure. Feel free to poke holes, light fires or whatever you need to do. I'm a firm believer in death of the author. It looks so foreboding in that fog.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I'll have to catch up later, but for now I'll reply to this.
    Kgaff wrote: »

Thank you! It took awhile to figure the roof pitches out, but you can hardly see it.

I'm so sorry about that! *hides face in shame* i really should have thought about the space I have on the inside. Do you mind if i ask where you put them? LOL. :lol:

I'll put up a few pictures when I get further along as I may change it all up again. I love a challenge. :)
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @kgaff, awesome! I look forward to it.

It was a bit too challenging for me!!! :D:D:D
    @MsPrissy88 – Thanks for all the info on Wyatt and Krissy. I love getting more background on the Sims I’ll be playing. And your pics are all great!

@KaytayRoall – I LOVE those swinging bridges! That is too awesome! And the overall look is beyond awesome. You have nailed this build and it’s going in my swamp too! I love the way the wood looks and the X fencing and screened porch. It’s just perfect! And that plant sim – you gotta love her and know that anyone who loves a garden does have love in her heart, she’s just afraid of being hurt and out of her depth. Very nice use of space and layout and color palette and landscaping.

Aw, @suzses you never disappoint! I love this. The ITF windows rock this! And the glass railings and the blue trim and that gazebo awning! It’s going in my IP world! And… Then, you made another version. I love it too, of course. Both versions are appealing.

@BreeMiles – Thank you so, so much for all my lovely gifts and those you shared with everyone. Each one of them is a gem, down to my last little get away, which is so perfectly charming with its nice big fireplace and outdoor shower and little garden. I like that I have a comfy seat on the porch where I can listen to the wind chimes (just like in real life) and that you added another covered area for sitting with a guest is perfect. I love the simple flowers and rocks and what a perfect setting for it among those gorgeous purple trees! I really am overwhelmed with all my gifts and will still be playing them months from now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! And, Yes, I should save everything in a folder and not count on the exchange, good advice!

@60smusicluvr – Another gorgeous build. I particularly love those tall, narrow windows and the simple landscaping. Very nice layout and color palette. I especially like the green and blue walls.

@Hidehi – Oh my World!!! A world!! That is so awesome! Because I love suzses, and because I can’t think of a great alliteration with Ciane, I just might keep the name. It’s absolutely stunning! I never DL worlds, except for simple builder ones and empty versions of the EA ones; but this has just become the exception!

@Jessabeans – yes, I do have a SimsFile Share account. I have my spreadsheet for installing sim stuff there and Maybe, my lagless Ip there too. I had everything I wanted to save on mediafire at one time. But your and Bree’s idea to save lots and link to them from my site are genius! Thank you.

@mmdrgntobldrgn – I look forward to your upcoming story. Housework can always wait!

@LMC6255 – thanks for your helpful insights.

Whew! I’m all caught up and can go back to work on … things!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane
    the idea of turning the apartment building around and getting a second building out of it is a great idea! It was fun reading about the gals and learning a little bit more about them.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

What a super idea to turn a building around to make it feel completely different @ciane . :)

I hope you know by now that I absolutely adore your builds ... and your sims and their background stories make me want to play and find out more about them.

I am very fortunate to have been chosen to be your buddy and that you have spent so much time and effort on creating the most amazing gifts anyone could ask for is most appreciated.

A big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!! *hugs* <3 x
    I enjoyed the journey @Hidehi. Thank you for inspiring it! More hugs back to you.

I have, of course, tomorrow's presents already uploaded and the media on my blog, just not linked yet.

So, I put all my gifts from Bree in game, the Miller family reno that Jessa made, and the reno with the quads from Alpha! Anything else is going to wait for a bit.

I've got the set-up for Alpha's reno on my story page already: http://cianesims.home.blog/stories
    And, hmm, I could NOT figure out how to make Stories jump into the header tabs. The new controls don't work the way the old ones did!
    I want you to know, @Bree, I was THRILLED when I received you as my buddy!! YOU, who helped me so much when I was creating my world - Misty Falls. I don't know if you remember this, or not, but YOU @Bree, built my resort for the world! ;) (( now you see why I was so happy to get you )). So! Without further ado.....

@Bree - it is finally time to OFFICIALLY present to you, Gift 2.
    alexandrina-magnolia-600x600.jpgbanner-title02.jpg

DOWNLOAD

I started with several different floor plans. And several different lot sizes. NOTHING wanted to work. I wasn't even sure that the plan I finally landed on - along with the lot size - would even work. I put walls up... I tore them down. And I don't know which twitch stream you lurked on, but once I had the beginning structure in place -- minus the ripping out walls again -- your house ( finally ) began to take place.

This was my WHOLE inspiration.....
    w1024.jpg

Trying to get the placement of the upper rooms/windows was FRUS-tra-ting, let me tell ya. And even though I had to deviate (a bit) from the actual floor plan, I was - and am - very happy with how it turned out.

Below are only SOME of the images I snapped. You will be able to see the rest in the link at the end.
    Screenshot-1a.jpg
    Your house was finally was starting to LOOK like a house! (( front view ))

Screenshot-1b.jpg
    This is the back of the house. Now, you might see a few things through the windows. I had to put some things "there" to see their final placement.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    The actual placement of the laundry (really) wasn't supposed to be in the garage. But, in the end, it actually worked out for the better. (( sorry for the dark quality ))

Screenshot-7.jpg
    I used my sim, Sabrina Glass, to do all my testing for me. She is standing in the lonnnnnng hallway coming out of the garage.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Standing in the master bedroom - by the archway - you can just see a glimpse of the closet.

Let's continue.....
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Moving to the other side of the arch, you can see the dresser that is across from the walk-in closet.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    If your sim continues through the hallway, he (or she) will come upon the master bathroom. Here, you can see the sink and toilet.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    And, of course, across from that is the shower and tub.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    We now come to one of the bedrooms upstairs. LOTS of sleeping space!!

Screenshot-31.jpg
    This particular bedroom will sleep SIX!!!

The pictures aren't done yet!!
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    When you have as many beds in the upper bedrooms, you're gonna need LOTS of towels. ( and laundry supplies )

Screenshot-34.jpg
    The second bedroom - while a "bit" smaller - sleeps only 4.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Good thing for BUNK BEDS!!

Screenshot-42.jpg
    An overview of the upper floor

Screenshot-43.jpg
    The main level view

Screenshot-39.jpg
    And .... a night shot of Magnolia Estate

Even though I know you already downloaded your house, @Bree, I really hope you - and your sims - will thoroughly enjoy living here. I put together more images over at my website. You can see those pictures, by clicking the link below.

http://starsplace.net/house4bree.html

**Disclaimer!! - Please keep in mind, that MOST of the pictures in the website link, were taken BEFORE I had noticed that I could still add more stuff to the house. What you got in the actual download, IS all of the extra stuff.**

Magnolia Estate does not have any cc! IS custard checked. And does contain store items. Also -- RECOLORED items!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited May 2019
    My dear, sweet @Bree.

I do have ONE MORE GIFT to give to you. This was/is a special gift. It's not - yet - uploaded to the exchange. I need to get back in to my game and snap some pictures of it.

I hope you don't mind if you have to wait one more day. ;)
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    And as of this point, I am officially all caught up with rec'ing everyone's gifts!!! And like before, I'm not good handing out individual comments, for I tend to repeat myself. (sorry) As I went through each page, handing out my recs, there were a number of homes, sims, and the like, that I blatantly stole from people's sites. I'm not ashamed to admit it. :D And everything that I stole, has been put in to a special folder which is now hidden on one of my external drives, so that I can easily get to them and install them.

There is one comment I do need to make, and that is to @Addy. THANK YOU for picking up the builds & creations, when @FriendsFan couldn't. That last house? The modern one? Ho-leeeee freaking cow! I did see your question - "Is this too modern". ARE YOU KIDDING?! NO WAY. I may just have to move Sabrina (my favorite sim i always play when i play my sims 3) out of the house she is in right now, and move her IN to that one.

ALSO ..... THANK YOU @ADDY for hosting another Sims 3 Homemade Gift Exchange. I had a lot of fun gathering inspiration and finally creating what I did for @Bree.

FINALLY ---- YOU GUYS ALL ROCK!!! Such a-MAY-zing builds and stories that went with each one. I give you all another round of applause.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @MsPrissy88
    Magnolia Estate is marvelous! Still reeling from how much you were able to squeeze into this build. Sleeps 10?!! The kids are going to be the most popular in their school when they host sleepovers. The furnishings and color palette along with patterns (LOVE the patchwork!) look really comfortable.
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @LMC6255 Living in the mountains of West Virginia I see tons of Craftsman style houses, I swear this could be a real house in my area! I mean that in a good way since it is very realist looking. I love the darker colors outside and the softer palette inside.

Let me try to explain what I mean ...... Growing up I use to often tell "the person that shall not be named" that some people who live in other areas who would come to visit West Virginia and they would be so blown away at how everything is so "cookie cutter" similar. Houses here I often neutral colors, all in similar builds (some even the same house in rows). Everything is more traditional (wood and bricks, ect). Some neighborhoods have rules about colors people can paint their houses ... even on their own property.

I always assumed it was like this everywhere BUT I once went for a visit to Portland - Oregon, and houses were amazing ... They came in all shapes and colors, there was classic Victorians in bright colors next to modern homes. From bright purples with gold trims and so much more I was blown away by all of the colors and how each house was so very different from the others. Long story not very short .... I love how your home looks so very realist to me. The inside is cozy and inviting and while some might see the architecture here as dull one thing you often will see is insides the houses are very much full of love and family. With living in looks, like "grandmas" house. You did a wonderful job and I think my sim self and my sim daughter might have to move to this build in my game since it looks like "home" to me! ;)

@Mystik1978 I am sorry for the late response.. I am very flattered that you found my craftsman style home to be truly realist! I can't take all the credit since I did use home builder's book that I keep for ideas for my Sims houses, I needed something that I could put on 50 x 50 and believe me, that can be daunting just to think about.. :# I already wanted to have barn for a horse, it can accommodate more than one horse.. The barn was kind of a borrowed idea as well.. I am glad that my build brought you memories of where you grew up, I hope they were happy ones...

From living in a place full of cookie cutter houses I'm sure Oregon must have been an awesome change.. I often miss California for the same reason, gorgeous scenery!! <3 I miss those afternoon rides through Laura Canyon, the view is spectacular.. That is one thing I hate about Florida it is so flat!! :(

I hope your daughter and you enjoy this build! Thank you! :)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88
    You've met Marge and Don. Now it's time to see where they lived upon graduating.

They're the best of friends.
    They've never lived together.
    What should they do?
    Live next door to one another, of course!

Gift #2
    2 SFH 4 SALE
    final1.jpg

Each unit contains 1 bedroom, 1 bath with an open living area.
    No CAP
    No CC
    Custard checked

For tour & download links: BFs and Home

Download Links only:
    House (unoccupied): House
    House with Marge & Don: Occupied

Those are adorable twin house you created for Marge and Dawn.. I really like the way you set it all up.. Perfect for best friends living next door to one another!
    @60smusicluvr Hello Sunshine is so original! I like the way you bleneded the exterior colors and the story of the house going in flames just gives it that mystique.. Great homes are meant to withstand day to day abuse.. Definitely one of those I want for my own game! ;)
    edited May 2019
    @MsPrissy88, Oh my lord, the house is so beautiful, i'm in tears m'dear! I will snap you some pictures when I get in game with it! Its such a darling house, and I'm with Addy you have managed to squeeze a ton of stuff into it, an there is still plenty of room! I'm so happy you had my letter dearest! I do remember building a resort for you, but for the strangest reason, I didn't remember it being for your world, heck I didn't even know you made a world, is it on the exchange? I need to run grab it up if so! Many hugs and much love my friend! <3 You have more for me too?? What a surprise, I can't wait to see!! <3

Edit:
    I can't get the link to your site Starsplace to work!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top