The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @LillyDoves
    So I'm sure you're all curious about whom this new, mysterious guy is. I can spill this much about him: he wasn't part of my original storyline at all. He's a Sim I downloaded off the Gallery and put into a fresh save to see whether he'd be compatible with Jas or not, and boy, did they hit it off. I tweaked him a bit in the story so the pics and text are different. Meet Vincent Morgan (not his real last name) ;)

Vincent (CAS shot)
    46915216474_e78d4b0560.jpg04-13-19_1-08-23 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

Dark Form (shot in Eternal Rest Cemetery, Forgotten Hollow)
    40783183513_4fdafbd4aa.jpg05-01-19_9-54-58 AM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

Close Up
    40783184603_5a8bf5ce86.jpg05-01-19_9-55-50 AM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

@NyteRose It's always fun when Sims throws unexpected twists in the plot. Hmm...I noticed you carefully left Vincent's traits out of the screencaps. That would have made it much easier to guess who he is and what he's up to. ^_^ He has a very old fashioned look to him, at least in his dark form, so I'm thinking he's a vampire who's been around a while. Perhaps he knew the Vatores a long time ago? That's my best guess for now.

When I'm at the early stages of a new project, my general attitude is "just write it and see how it turns out." You can tweak characters/situations later on if needed. You can also just call it an alternate universe if you need to. (I'm plotting out a story around Allie from my comic, and it only works if it's completely AU.) If you're enjoying working on your current project, keep going with it. You can work out the details for how it fits into your larger world later. And besides, if it stands on its own, you'll probably get readers who haven't read your other story at all and don't know the characters or situations well enough to have anything spoiled.

Hope this helps! ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi, I'm really sorry I've been busy. I promise to get round to answering your questions, @NyteRose.
    Also, I think it's @LillyDoves turn this week?
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @simscognito Np, life can get busy.
    @katrinasforest You are correct, Vincent has been around for a while (300 years to be exact. Though he embraces the modern era much easier/more than a lot of older vampires do.) As to your theory, he did not personally know the Vatores. But a good theory, though :) I didn't figure out how to get the UI/traits in CAS in screenshots for a bit actually, so leaving his traits out wasn't completely deliberate. But I suppose spilling his traits won't hurt, gameplay doesn't *usually* drive my plots... his traits are Good, Self-Assured, and Romantic. ;)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    edited July 2020
    Not a story-related post on my blog per se, and I felt really weird (even guilty) about posting it...
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    So I guess my question is: How would you guys feel about a chapter that has only a few pictures? Since I’m having trouble finding poses for them and it takes me a while to get a pose done.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited May 2019
    @LillyDoves Wouldn't bother me in the least. NyteRose's story doesn't use pictures at all, except for a few pics of the characters that are posted in this thread.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    No offense to anyone but I have enough on my plate dealing with a recent medical diagnosis whether or not to care if a story/chapter has pictures. I'm too often out of it enough to work on my own chapters...so I really don't give a da** about that kind of stuff right now...
    edited May 2019
    No offense to anyone but I have enough on my plate dealing with a recent medical diagnosis whether or not to care if a story/chapter has pictures. I'm too often out of it enough to work on my own chapters...so I really don't give a da** about that kind of stuff right now...

@NyteRose I think I came off wrong. I was trying to use your story as an example of a SimFic that doesn't use pictures and still gives the reader a good visual of what's going on, while clearly being set in the Sims universe. I was trying to be reassuring to LillyDoves, not criticize you in any way. In fact, quite the opposite. I apologize if it came off as anything else. And I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That really stinks. (Wanted to use a stronger word but not allowed.) :(
    @katrinasforest Sorry for sounding so nasty, that wasn't my intention. But to @LillyDoves question, stories/chapters with or without pictures is fine. Though I find text-only posts easier to visualize but that's how my brain works and not necessarily everyone else's.
    @LillyDoves Wouldn't bother me in the least. NyteRose's story doesn't use pictures at all, except for a few pics of the characters that are posted in this thread.
    @katrinasforest Sorry for sounding so nasty, that wasn't my intention. But to @LillyDoves question, stories/chapters with or without pictures is fine. Though I find text-only posts easier to visualize but that's how my brain works and not necessarily everyone else's.

Alrighty, I can have a chapter done today then. I’m in the process of trying to learn how to do group poses but I’ve also got housework to do.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited May 2019
    @NyteRose No worries--you're under a lot of stress. And an unfortunate feature of forums is that messages can sometimes come off completely different than the writer intended. Don't feel pressured to keep up with everything in the thread--if you ever need a break to take some you time, go for it.

Off-topic, I forgot to add earlier, but I love Vincent's shirt in his human form. I always have a hard time coming up with unique looks for my guy Sims.

@LillyDoves Oo, weird. I think we posted at the exact same time. Anyways, looking forward to reading. Boo to the housework. We all need SimBots in real life to do chores for us. :)
    eWSBT72.png

Guys, it's very rough but its my first couple/group pose that I've ever made and it only six hours to do! Lol
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited May 2019
    @LillyDoves How do you make animations/poses? I'm not much of an artist so I never tried making them or CC.
    @katrinasforest Sad to inform but after a lot of thought, the Vincent arc is going to be scrapped. With the events in Chapter 30, it won't make sense to introduce him into the story, I don't see Jas going after another guy if she wants to work things out with Caleb, even if they are on a semi-break from each other. Just my opinion/instinct on it.
    @NyteRose You have to go to Sims 4 Studio and download the program, it’s completely free with along with blender 2.70. There are a lot of tutorials and instructions on how to do it, that’s how I learned.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited May 2019
    Found THE perfect song for Caleb while he's doing his stint in rehab, it's called Disguise by Motionless in White, one of my favorite bands. The song is on their new album which comes out June 7. Here are the lyrics...

Disguise

Get up, get up!
    F**k!
    (Get out, never get out, never get out, never)
    (Never let go, never let go, never go)
    Spiraling inside my own disguise
    This is my design
    But we're not here together
    Mirror mirror, tell me who you see
    Am I you or me?
    I can never remember
    (But you can't hide forever)
    I found myself by losing hope
    I lost my way to find a home
    I hid myself, to stay alive
    Now I'm ready to face my disguise
    I am locked within the box I built from the inside out
    Reassured by my doubt, I
    I don't want this f***ing co-dependent vice
    But desperate measures call for desperate lies (desperate lies)
    I hid myself to stay alive
    Now I'm ready to face my disguise
    Sick of wearing a mask
    Sick of hiding my face
    Sick of every mother****** that is in my way
    Sick of digging for answers
    While you bury the truth
    F**k your method to my sadness, I will bury you
    Dig!
    I will not become a figure of my mistakes
    I will not become the mask, fear is not my fate
    You can't turn down anger
    You can't silence pain
    You will not put out the fire that burns in me
    That burns in me
    I sold my soul to my disguise
    I hid myself to stay alive
    I hid myself to spite my eyes
    I was losing myself in my disguise
    Fear I follow
    Safe in sorrow (my disguise)
    With time l borrowed
    I'm ready to face my disguise

And here's the music video:
    Disguise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIEc_11Aydc
    edited May 2019
    Finally after a long wait, here is chapter two! Chapter Two: Mara

Question Two: What do you think is keeping Aspen unconscious?

Question Three: Why do you think her supernatural ability was triggered after sixteen years?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Whens the next chapter of clan building for dummies? :smiley:
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
    So it seems like I'm already up to date with Stars in The Sun

@NyteRose okay to answer your question.
    Who do you think Vincent is and what role(s) will he play in the upcoming chapters?
    I'm guessing he's an old friend of the Vatore's? He dresses kinda like them (the game versions). He has an innocent look about him, gothic but innocent. By the colour of his skin, I'm guessing he's been a vampire for a very long time.
    @LillyDoves
    How would you guys feel about a chapter that has only a few pictures? I wouldn't mind.

What do you think is keeping Aspen unconscious?
    I'm guessing it's a supernatural spell that's keeping her unconscious... or am I missing something? I'm gathering Mara had come into a disagreement with the person who cast Aspen into a coma and that's why it happened.

Why do you think her supernatural ability was triggered after sixteen years?
    I think it was triggered because at a certain age that's when these supernatural beings grow into their supernaturalness, if that makes sense. :D I honestly have no idea. XD
    @queenvortex808

I did a short story that's part of the Clanbuilding for Dummies plot for the monthly Sim Fic challenge:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/05/13/echoes-may-simfic-challenge/

And the newest full chapter just posted yesterday:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/05/24/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-14/
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Thank you @katrinasforest
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
    Update: creating poses for the third chapter now and outlining! Hopefully will have a chapter done tonight or tomorrow night.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    Hi everyone, am I up this week?
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Update: creating poses for the third chapter now and outlining! Hopefully will have a chapter done tonight or tomorrow night.

@LillyDoves looking forward to your update. :)