Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Younger toddlers

2...Next

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I would like younger, less independent toddlers.
    I like difficulty in my game.

And I like crawling, plus hate the movement skill 3+, I believe it is. It looks wrong to me and bothered me a lot. When I played Sims 4, I would cheat that skill back down. (The mod to cap skills wasn't available to toddlers.) Movement level 1 was super cute!

I really don't like the idea that toddlers have to be/get fast, but other than that, I think filling in the gap in the baby stage could work well, but I'd still prefer to have toddlers start out crawling.

Another thing I did like was when a toddler woke up first in the morning and went right off clumsily toddling, like here comes trouble! But much moreso if they were twins, that was a hoot for me. Still that later run was a huge no-no, and my frequency of cheating it got tiresome. At least that was my only large complaint with S4 toddlers.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like them older and more independent like in TS4.
    I think toddlers are dependent enough on their parents/other adult sims. Having them be any younger, especially without the magic green formula from TS2, would be a nightmare.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    In my honest opinion, toddlers in Sims 4 are by far the best the franchise has ever had. They were a huge pain to deal with in Sims 3 and Sims 2 (but Sims 3 especially). I actually love how they can actually do certain things on their own without help from an older Sim.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    What I'd prefer is babies that we can interact with more. That would fulfill my 'younger' need.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited May 2019
    I did prefer the ages they were in earlier games.

In the Sims 2 I just pretended they were older once they were able to walk and talk. In the Sims 4 I can't pretend there is a stage where they are younger because I can't give them a bottle, can't use the highchair and there aren't any cribs.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would prefer them to crawl first too before they walk, and I do think they should be able to drink bottles and sleep in a crib, I miss those things. But, if they update babies, give them a changing table, make it where they can be under a play mat, laid on the floor or sofa and sleep in a crib, and drink a bottle on their own that would be fine too.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I really miss the crawling stage. I do like it that they can get themselves out of bed, rather than waiting on the parents - that wasn't always convenient in previous Sims games. (And it was hard to get their sleep schedules right - mine constantly woke up at about 3 am.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    Update the babies for a crawling stage. These toddlers are the best.

cDcHKAo.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm fine with all of the life states we have. If we add all the states people are asking for in addition to what we have, you would have to start leaving them care instructions in your will because there is no way you could outlive them. Besides, what ever happened to using one's imagination for some of this stuff? I think the plump little burgers are just fine the way they are.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I didn't vote because I'm torn. I hear what you're saying and I miss the crib, too. But I like these toddlers so much better, even than the Sims2 ones. Mostly, because we have a greater period of time to train them. One has to realize a toddler isn't one until they begin to walk, hence the name toddler. Ages 1-4. At age 5, they go off to Kindergarten in the United States, at least and are considered a Child.

What I would love to see happen is that the babies are actual Sims that can sleep in the cribs and have a certain autonomy, if you will. That the older Sims can interact more with them, such as in Sims2. I miss the infant spitting up all over the Adult playing with them too soon after a feeding. It would be nice, too, to see the child be able to sit up midway to aging up and then crawling 2/3 of the way to aging to toddler. That probably takes a game mechanic that is impossible. I would love for the game developers to show them gradually growing, too. Same with the Child Sims and the teens. They would, of course, stop growing once they reach Adult Sim height.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, as my late mother used to say.

My vote: I just love Toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I'll be honest, I don't consider myself a family style player, so I have trouble understanding the "baby fever" that family players have.

I definitely don't think an additional life stage in that area is the answer because it would be so redundant and there really aren't enough differences in gameplay to warrant the development time it would take (two years?!), which is the same way I feel about preteens. I actually feel like I can enjoy toddlers for the first time in a Sims game because of their independence. In Sims 2, I would completely dread the inevitable screaming that they would do when they woke up and wanted to be taken out of their crib - so much so that I frantically kept an eye on their sleep needs so that I would wake them a little early and take them out before that brain curdling sound could erupt. :D

But I do feel that family players deserve better infants if they really want that, even if it's something I don't personally care about. I always just age them right to toddlers anyway because I don't like dependent offspring, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I like the way they are now, but that's no reason not to have both crib and toddler bed and let simmers choose which they want to use. Choices are a great thing. I haven't played with a Sims 4 toddler in awhile, but I think they don't crawl? I'd like them to need to learn to walk. I'd like a better compromise between the Sim 3 and 4 version of toddlers. I'd also love rocking chairs, rocking toddlers in Sim 3 was adorable.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Anything that makes parenting harder makes me like family play less. I like controlling my little sims in part myself instead of having the parents do everything. I'd be fine if they made the things you want for the baby stage, but I'd kinda prefer if it was an optional addition. I like my challenges at the young adult/adult stages and just want my kids to be cute and fun, not so much work.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In S3, toddlers were younger (one year?) and had to be taught everything and were very dependent on other household members to care for them. Players complained a lot about how much time they took up, so, this time around, they made then older (one year?) and they are more independent and, to me, more fun and less of a headache. They can climb up and down stairs, feed themselves if you place food on the counter and can climb onto a chair. Why backup?
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I've played with toddlers from TS2-TS4, and the TS4 ones are definitely my favourites. TS4 toddlers act more like small children, not babies, which is what they're supposed to be. The high chairs drive me bananas though, they're so buggy!

I would really like an overhaul of TS4 babies though. I really like the interactions adult sims can have with them, but I wish we could take them out of the cribs (or choose the type of crib, for that matter) and have them in the world. The only time my sims really need to interact with their baby is when they're crying - that just doesn't make sense to me! It's harder to take care of fairly independent toddlers in this game than it is fully dependent babies!

TS4 babies freak me out a bit (their faces). I haven't been around a lot of babies in my life, but the TS4 ones don't look like the ones I've seen in real life. Oh, and being able to pick their clothes would be really cool!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'd rather all of those things you mentioned be added to babies instead. Toddlers are very independent in real life, or so they want to be anyway. It fits.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm with you. I love these toddlers and think they are the best, hands down. But I think there's quite an gap between them and babies. That's why I want a baby update - they can to learn to crawl and learn basic talking, and if that's not your jam, the baby stage is super easy to skip anyway, so no harm done.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I want crawling for babies, not toddlers. Crawling toddlers from the previous versions creep me out. Strollers would be nice though, because toddlers are a wee bit slow and get tired easily :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they ever cut the apron strings holding babies to cribs, can you imagine all the issues we'd have with leaving babies all over the world with the current multi-tasking problems we already have. Babies wouldn't stand a chance. They are much safer in their cribs. :D
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If they ever cut the apron strings holding babies to cribs, can you imagine all the issues we'd have with leaving babies all over the world with the current multi-tasking problems we already have. Babies wouldn't stand a chance. They are much safer in their cribs. :D
    :D

It takes me long enough to read a story to a toddler.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I agree, I don’t want to see them put on the floor constantly like in past games. Being tethered to a crib is fine with me.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I like the toddlers. But baby's need an update.
    Put in a crib, changing table, bath, pram etc
    caitytrina.png
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Sims 4 is the first time I actually like playing with toddlers. I find them adorable and I like how they have some of their own agency. Sprucing up the babies on the other hand, at least a little, would be nice.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    I think I'd prefer if they left the current toddlers as they are, but improved the babies into actual sims. Everything you mentioned would be covered by really bringing the babies into the game as maybe 6mo-1yr old sims rather than the current baby-objects.
  • LyvedaLyveda Posts: 14 New Member
    I like toddlers the way they are in The Sims 4. Personally, it's not that high up on my list, but I understand why people would want to see babies updated in TS4 to fill the need for a more dependent life stage.