Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm back with one more sweet @ciane, and this one is the final and last one of your gifts from me! Enjoy and have lots of fun this year!!
    I figured after all that exploring in those first few gifts you would need a getaway, and so with that I went to Isla Paradiso and found the perfect little island off by its self and made you a little home with a nice garden and a few other things to do while you are taking a break and enjoying the sun and beauty that the island has to offer! You will be right at home in this lovely little 1 bed 1 bath home! Really there is nothing like getting away to your very on island! This is your last and finial gift from me Ciane, I really enjoyed making them all for you, I hope you enjoy them and make lots of stories with them throughout the year!

Ciane's Getaway
    DOWNLOAD
    1.jpg

@ciane I really had fun making all these gifts for you, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for you m'dear
    @ADWilson This has been one great great Gift Exchange m'dear, Thank you for hosting!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Kgaff, I have one last gift to share with you!

Kgaff's Contemporary is my fourth and last gift for this exchange. :cry:

I don't think this is something that you really wanted, based on your letter, but, for whatever reason, I was hung up on ranch = one story home, open concept definition of the word and not farming and I'm thinking you probably meant farming. :# But anywho, I made you a lot that you can place down just about anywhere. I hope you like it!

OD8f3ew.jpg
    g5RzsXU.jpg

I've seen these types of roofs and I liked it, so I tried my best. However, no matter how hard I tried to make the pitches match perfectly, I still have some seams showing, but you'd have to spin around the home to even notice that they're there.
    iRQMawo.jpg

RCHukC4.jpg

When I did KISS, I knew the most traditional look would be white cabinets, but I also really wanted to try black cabinets as well.
    UCny0pE.jpg

1DCRrL0.jpg

lxgSInv.jpg
    VQf04P0.jpg
    FE2ZatP.jpg

I should've put more lighting in here to brighten it up a bit.
    eFiB8D6.jpg

SYKcZXl.jpg
    n8hVJk6.jpg

bCmkygk.jpg
    Jbsr868.jpg
    @MsPrissy88 I'm so sorry about your lose dear :'( , sending you many hugs and much love! <3
    @Mystik1978, Sasha Dismond is super cute, can't wait to get her in game and find out what she is up to, and Wow what a a great story and nice to know where she came from and I really never saw that ending coming! Wonderful writing! <3
    @MsPrissy88 Wyatt has the same sign as me, I love there traits and yes I can see why Krissy snagged him! Thank you again so very much m'dear! <3
    @KaytayRoall, Syringa is lovely in a grumpy kind of way! Now you have me wanting to play a plant sim, something I have never done before, how ever I did find two in a garden way back but never raised them up! Now I have yours to try in my game! Syringa's Shelter is super cute and I love all the detail's you put into it, it looks perfect for its surroundings, I absolutely love the little bridges you made, very creative!
    @suzses, Skymyst II is super cute and lovely, very wonderful detail, I love the colors you used and the bed spread is very lovely in color! Skymyst I is super lovely also and very detailed, love your colors in it too! <3
    @Mystik1978, Damon is very cute, he could dive for me any day! :)<3
    @60smusicluvr, Kgaff's Contemporary, oh my gosh what beautiful detail m'dear, I love it so very much wonderful creation, an great detail! <3

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    I see on WordPress how some of you have different sections like "Sim Story-line 1", "Sims Challenge 1" "Sim World Renovations" Ect. Can anyone tell me how I can separate them so I can have all of the Gift Exchange Gifts under 1 section and my story-line under another, etc.

Mystik - When you ADD a page (my sites>site>page), it offers options off to the right (if you use the classic editor). For me, the default set is to be a parent page under Page Attributes. To subordinate another page to your main one, you have to change it off top level and then pick the page it is subordinate to. (For me, Builds is the top level and Haiku a subordinate page to that with Wangs a subordinate to Haiku. But I do have to add LINKs to the pages by adding text and highlighting it and clicking the LINK image at the top of the page, then choosing the page.)

Another option is to change the name of the Contacts page, since Contacts is already set up as a parent/top level page. You do that by simply going to that page and editing the TITLE.

Good luck. I know I don't always pick the easiest explanations.

Everyone else, I'm working on today's upload. Then, I'll go through and rec and DL and comment.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @Jessabeans It's beautiful again! My husband looked over my shoulder and said - that's the Lake District (we've been there often) and totally recognised the architecture straight off. I am so looking forward to playing these - playing my own renovacies is just not the same as playing one someone else has created, and I feel super privileged to have so many new ones to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you again!

I can't tell you how happy I am that you two recognized the architecture. I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I understand what you mean, I'm more excited about playing lots created by others than my own.

For those that play renovations I posed a question here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17072913/#Comment_17072913
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    It's going to take me ages to finish commenting - there's so many fantastic things out there and they just keep appearing. Wait till I get home...though I'll probably still be catching up in June ;)
    @AlphaFen I love your people, your builds and your writing style - especially the back story to the old forge! What authors do you like reading? - that writing style, I figure I'd enjoy your reading choices too. Those quads are going on my to-play list!
    The laptop owner has just appeared, making I-am-about-to-go-to-work noises - better stop there!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Mystik1978
    Sasha Dismond is a sim with an interesting and unexpected history! It will be fun to see how this plays out.
    @KaytayRoall
    The look on Calista's face made me smile! Her being not a run-of-the-mill plant sim is what I adore most about her. Her shelter is really nice, too! LOVE those rope bridges and how her home is designed. It's perfect for her!!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited May 2019
    @MsPrissy88 I'm sorry to hear about your loss of a friend. Hugs

@KaytayRoall Ahhh! Thank you for Calista and her lovely house!! :) I love them both and I can't wait to play her in my game. As for the store content, I own everything but the curtains so that's easily changeable. And I am able to download the Make a Wish Compilation when it comes up on the daily deal for free so I'll be able to change them back :)

Thank you for all the wonderful gifts!! They're lovely, homey, and perfectly shabby to suit Twinbrook's swamp area
    Post edited by equuest on
    @suzses
    Skymyst I and Skymyst II are houseboats any sim would be lucky to own! Tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished. Ready to greet new neighbors stopping by or setting sail for some fun in the sun ... although nighttime would be enjoyable, too.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Kgaff Your eye for all the little details, like the funky kitchen chairs, the view from the bedroom over the sauna and the sauna itself with the garage door and the way you've made the it feel like both an open but enclosed space *sighs*

@Mystik1978 Shade and Sasha have a magical backstory! Though they've both been through so much I think I see them in my game happiness in their future. In the immortal words of Shade: Woot Woot! :p

@SamelaRita The stables and horse training looks so realistic, can't wait to hear more!

@friendsfan367 Young love? Mysterious money? The Becker family clearly have a story ahead of them itching to be explored

@Jessabeans Thank you very much for your lovely words. I just find that imperilling people's safety comes naturally to me o:) The cart can be found in Buydebug if you ever want to use it. The Cooper story and home has a beauty and sadness you can feel in every inch of the building :'( Winderemere looks just like it belongs in the Lake District and your faded delicate décor is beautiful .... stop making me cry dangnabbit... :bawling:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Ahem, apologies in order :flushed: I thought today was the last day of gifting which is why I threw the reno at you then despite knowing you were busy. Now I know we have tomorrow too I'll save your final gift till then cos you probably need a break :) As to Magda, I wouldn't say it was evil more sadistic ...good for her soul o:)

@ciane Thank you!! I'm always lurking hereabouts.....just thank you <3<3

@KaytayRoall Great idea! I love that you've taken an ordinary plant sim and added more layers to her. Her house is fab and will really useful for many sims who want to get away from people the city and get closer to nature

@suzses Both Skymysts have plus points (like both being supercool blue houseboats) so it's hard to pick a favourite. I like the traditional pillars on one and the ready to grab drinks cooler on the other...... by the way this is AlphaFen talking not the boat ;)

@BreeMiles a perfect little getaway with plenty of hobbies to keep ciane busy!

@60smusicluvr Kgaff's contemporary is super swish and sleek! I love the kitchen diner with its mix of stone and green wallpaper!

@MsPrissy88 I love how the Gentry's first met it's so romantic yet down to earth and different. As for your important news I am so sorry for you loss, Jean sounds like a wonderful person and this must be very hard for you.

Reached beginning of page 53 - still in awe at the variety and creativity on display
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited May 2019

My dear buddy @suzses ,

It's time to present you with your final gift. I would have liked to give you many more but I've ended up chucking everything I've had into the last box to make it gift No 4.

This is the main build I’ve been fretting and fussing over :p .

It will tie all the previous gifts together because I thought with all the castaway stuff going on you could do with your very own Tropical Desert Island.

So come with me and travel to Isla del Suzses:

iZcqzlQ.jpg?1

Before the developers discovered the island:

Kkskpo4.jpg?1

First night all alone on Isla del Suzses:

IM8PLPk.jpg?1

Freak Weather even in the Tropics :o

3gagJ6D.jpg?1

I have included all the already uploaded lots of course and a few bonus builds .... which means it’s not really a desert island anymore ;) so if you want a proper castaway story you will have to move the bulldozers in first and then add stuff as and when you are ready.

'Sole Searching' - fishing spot

KQxw7V2.jpg?1

'Sun and Surf Marina' - hangout

7zqgzRg.jpg?1

'Shark Bait Drop Off' - dive spot

r4c70aA.jpg?1

'Tuc and Macaw’s' - dive bar

vKO4pAg.jpg?1

'Rusty Paradise' - one bedroom tin shack

fOsCSDY.jpg?1

'Suzses Landing' - port , maybe just the right place to dock one of your fab new houseboats :)

oGKJjq0.jpg?1

'Blue Starfish Sands' - beach

y2N1xCb.jpg?1

And of course 'Beacon Point' just in case your sims are desperate to leave the island ;) .

bVv11ij.jpg?1

I’m afraid I’m no Rflong7, MySimRealty or Nilxis nor any of the other fabulous world builders and there are areas that I should have spent a lot more time on … a few weeks in CAW is not really enough even for a small world.
    But Isla del Suzses functions fairly well (at least on my laptop) and I haven’t come across any major routing problems so far ... except that sims not necessarily enter buildings from the front I’m afraid and there seems to be a bug with the dive spot cave …

Please let me know if you find anything you are not happy with and I’ll try my best to rectify it.

I very much hope you will have as much fun playing a castaway story as I have had setting up the scenery! Happy Simming! :D x

Link to world: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310659

P.S: note to @ADWilson - custard shows the world file in red but it seems to do that with all worlds I've checked ... so I very much hope you can give Isla del Suzses the 'All Clear' o:)
    And thank you so much for letting me take part in this truly aMAYzing gift exchange, choosing just the right buddies for everyone and for being such an awesome host!!! :D<3 x
    @Hidehi I have already grabbed up this little island and headed in to check it out! Wonderful work my dear! <3
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Hidehi Oh my goodness!! What an awesome surprise!! <3 I am certain Suzses will love having her own island!! <3 I will download this gorgeous island today! ;) Congratulation on your first world!! It is beautiful!! :) Wow!! I hope you make more worlds!! ;)
    @BreeMiles
    Ciane's Getaway looks lovely and very relaxing! The location you chose is perfect ... such pretty views so is sure to bring a smile each time one looks around.
    @60smusicluvr
    Kgaff's Contemporary is a terrific bonus gift! The floor plan shows lots of room and the color palette is quite pleasing. The painting above the couch really catches one's eye!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2019
    Can I shoot myself? I was deleting some pictures I wanted to show @Bree of Wyatt and Krissy "together on the farm", but it TOTALLY deleted all of them OUT of the folder they were in! ((cries))

Sorry, @Bree. Now I have to go back in game, and snap new ones. grrrrrrrrr :s

Your MAIN gift - already uploaded - will be presented to you in a bit. I still have to gather more info on your SPECIAL gift. ;) Hang in there!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    Oh.my.goodness! What an incredible gift! I never in a million years would have expected to get my very own island (plural actually). It looks great. You did a wonderful job. I do tend to move on fairly quickly from completely desolate to somewhat inhabited, so I will be playing it just as you have it. I love the new lots. I still can't believe you did this, and I can't wait to play it . . . (runs off to exchange).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    just for fun i sent a fr to my old account , but i think it really is broke cause i can't accept
    @Hidehi
    What a gorgeous gift! The additional buildings are fabulous and perfect for the theme you have going on.

Yes, I got the same thing you did when running it through custard. I then installed and looked through the installed content tab ... nothing else tagged along with it so it gets marked as clean.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited May 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @Hidehi
    What a gorgeous gift! The additional buildings are fabulous and perfect for the theme you have going on.

Yes, I got the same thing you did when running it through custard. I then installed and looked through the installed content tab ... nothing else tagged along with it so it gets marked as clean.

A note to the wise for some reasons worlds, including ea's store worlds, always show as red in custard. So long as it only shows the one or two items ... ie the package & the world thumbnail pic it should be good.

Amending to some of ea's worlds
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    Anytime I move a simpack to the desktop instead of custard check it in the download folder it's red. I wonder if that's why it showed up red?
    I would love to be stranded here @Hidehi!
    tumblr_prwzc5fm6F1w2hmv0o3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prwzc5fm6F1w2hmv0o2_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prwzc5fm6F1w2hmv0o5_r1_1280.jpg
    These exchanges gifts are going to keep me entertained for ages.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Anytime I move a simpack to the desktop instead of custard check it in the download folder it's red. I wonder if that's why it showed up red?
    I would love to be stranded here @Hidehi!
    tumblr_prwzc5fm6F1w2hmv0o3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prwzc5fm6F1w2hmv0o2_r1_1280.jpg

@Jessabeans This happen when I make my own worlds.. See the reason is that CAW is considered another data base.. What I do to make sure it is safe is I install it then I run my Delphy dashboard and if it is clean there, no worries..
    I'm waiting patiently dear @MsPrissy88 o:) I already have Magnolia Estates in my launcher! Thank you so very much! Its lovely and I can't wait to explore further!

edited May 2019
    @Hidehi I love this island! Thomas Poe will have such fun exploring!
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    Screenshot-113.jpg
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-116.jpgScreenshot-117.jpg
    Screenshot-118.jpg
    Screenshot-119.jpg

I really love the lagoon separating the little island from the big island, shown in the last pic!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top