Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I just downloaded and installed many things and as a precaution, I went to the installed items tab, right after downloading.

Someone has attached CC hair 'Ade-Glgl'

Just a heads up.
    @MsPrissy88 :heartbreak: I'm so sorry for your loss.
    @Mystik1978, I'm relieved to know Sasha is okay, but in a way that was selfish of Madea to snatch her daughter back like that, out of the blue. But I suppose all is good because they grew close and Madea made a selfless decision to let Sasha find her long lost love.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @60smusicluvr Thank you, when I came up with the idea I wanted it to be more realist and not all sunshine and roses. The truth is often people think more about themselves and their wants and desires over others. BUT, I also wanted a somewhat happy ever after because in the end Madea did send her daughter back; which was kind of a "I know I messed up but I can't change the pass but I can change the future". They often say in life it is not how you start but how you finish and if that is the case I think Medea finished well.

In my storyline when Sasha returns she does not remember anything at first, but that is more because I did not do any skilling with her. BUT, It will be up to any who play them to decide if Sasha ends up remembering any of her time in Lunar Lakes and Madea. I would like to think that over time as she works her magic and gets use to life back with Shade that she does slowly start to remember Madea even if it is only in dreams.

@MsPrissy88 I was busying posting my gift so I did not see your post about your dear friend. I am very sorry for your loss, I will light a candle to send some comforting energy your way. I know it is hard because you miss her but it sounds like she had a lot of pain/illness so as cliché as it may sound know she is in a better place one free of the pains of this world!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I just downloaded and installed many things and as a precaution, I went to the installed items tab, right after downloading.

Someone has attached CC hair 'Ade-Glgl'

Just a heads up.

@ADWilson left a note earlier to @Bubbz3388 that she had two items attached - on hair and one clothing/top, I think.

Hugs @MsPrissy88.

@Mystik1978 – Great story! I loved that little twist!
    @ciane, I knew I saw that, somewhere. Thanks!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    hugs prissy,

i just turned the custom content off in my game. its weird with my new account its a mystery what packs are installed and which i have left but now that my gift is gifted i have 2 free days to figure it out. its kind of a fun adventure,
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Bubbz3388 - You just need to go in game and change the hairstyle and top that are cc to a game or store version. Then save your family again. Then you can TEMPORARILY move out all your dcbackup files except ccmerged. Then, try uploading again.
    ciane wrote: »
    @Bubbz3388 - You just need to go in game and change the hairstyle and top that are cc to a game or store version. Then save your family again. Then you can TEMPORARILY move out all your dcbackup files except ccmerged. Then, try uploading again.

see this is why your how does she do that ciane? you know so much.
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @MsPrissy88

So sorry for your loss... Sending all the virtual hugs I can muster.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @BreeMiles I really like the decor in little modern, it absolutely looks like a home Ciane would love.

@60smusicluvr Sunny Side Up Second Empire Victorian Estate is a great starting point the exterior and the grounds look great. It's going to be a lot fun trying to decorate the interior. I haven't had much luck with those roof pieces, the ones that looked similar from Mansion and Garden stuff in sims 2 had more parts and were easier to use for sure. Thanks for sharing your tips with the shutters, I struggle with them snapping backwards a lot too.

@suzses I play with horses often so I'm happy to borrow your equestrian center, the recreation area will be a nice place to rest and recharge after a race.

@Kgaff Thank you so much for Sunburst! I love it, it's definitively something I want but couldn't build for myself. I love the decor, and the design of the house. The seating area outside the sauna looks so cozy. I love the way you made the floor out of rugs in the firepit area, and that you left room to grow.

@Bubbz3388 The Neumanns look like a nice family, I hope you can get the CC removed.

@AlphaFen Forging a New Path is great, I loved the write up, I wish it were less relateable. The family is adorable, and the house is a completely wreck I feared for their safety immediately. Well done? You found that same wagon Addy used, I don't know how I haven't seen this wagon before but it really adds to the derelict look.

@SamelaRita I agree The Wainwright Place is delightful. I like that the horses have their own area and the chickens and bees are off by the pond, it looks very rustic and roomy.

@Mystik1978 Shade Heartnet looks like trouble, but looks can be deceiving. I like that you sims have interwoven storylines. It's good to see Sasha Dismond show back up, the story behind her disappearance was surprising.

@friendsfan367 The Beckers look like a lovely family.

@MsPrissy88 The Gentrys look charming, I hope Wyatt made the right choice giving up taking over his family's farm to start a farm of his own. At least it's in a new town where he isn't in competition with his father.

I'm sorry for your loss.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2019
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    snipped

@MsPrissy88 I was busying posting my gift so I did not see your post about your dear friend. I am very sorry for your loss, I will light a candle to send some comforting energy your way. I know it is hard because you miss her but it sounds like she had a lot of pain/illness so as cliché as it may sound know she is in a better place one free of the pains of this world!

Thank you @Mystik - and everyone else who voiced their condolences.

What Mystik said is cliche, but I tell you guys what. My friend, Jean was truly a fighter. I don't know the particular cancer she had, but every time she had to endure another operation - to make any thing stay in her system - worked only for a little bit. And then, it was right back to the hospital.

I was in communication with both her boyfriend and our other neighbors, and I will be heading back to my old neighborhood tomorrow afternoon, to spend some time with Dennis (my friend, and Jean's (now) ex bf).

And not that I would want to "bother" Dennis, but if he could give me a picture of Jean to put on my wall - or, in a frame - I would be very grateful. I don't ever want to forget Jean.

I met Jean a few years before my mom passed. She and Dennis had stopped over to the house, and brought me and mom a home cooked dinner. No special reason. Just because. That's what I'll always remember about her. She was sweet.... ((sniffle)) ....kind.... ((another sniffle)) ....and always had a smile on her face. ((cries)) Plus, her dog was one of my doggie buddies. ((cry laugh))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to say good night, but I did want to let y'all know that even though I have been crying my bu.utt off since I got the news, I have been catching up on all y'alls gifts.

And @Bree ... My eyes are too puffy from all the crying, to try and upload your next gift. I will try in the morning.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @equuest I'm so glad you like the bayou craftsman! I always forget to mention placement... I built it for 574 Bayou Gulch Drive, although that area has a couple of 30x30 lots and it should be fine at any of them. I'll to add that to the original post, too. I decided I wanted to present the next two gifts together, so thank you for your patience! I'm working on the presentations now, so stay tuned!

@Mystik1978 Yay! I'm so glad I got Shade! After reading his story, I wanted nothing more than to have a chance to play him and hopefully turn his life around. Extra bonus, he's a looker, too, and I've been wanting to play a sculptor again (it's one of my favorite skills)! Like you said, he does clean up nicely, but I also love his casual, comfy, worn looks. It fits his laid-back personality so well.

Wow! What a story Sasha has to tell Shade, now that she's back. I can only imagine how that reunion will go... At least until I get to play it! Which probably won't be for a couple more days, since I have a couple more gifts of my own to give. She has a very unique mix of fashions, undoubtedly a remnant of her time being raised by a witch on the moon! It's funny that the portal was such a big hint. I barely even noticed it, because I'm so used to seeing them sitting around on the front lawn in my game, until @DinoJr looked over my shoulder and pointed it out. He knew right away. Well, if I have any say, these two have had a lifetime worth of tragedy and will find some happiness in my game. :)
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    snipped

Thank you @Mystik - and everyone else who voiced their condolences.

What Mystik said is cliche, but I tell you guys what. My friend, Jean was truly a fighter. I don't know the particular cancer she had, but every time she had to endure another operation - to make any thing stay in her system - worked only for a little bit. And then, it was right back to the hospital.

I was in communication with both her boyfriend and our other neighbors, and I will be heading back to my old neighborhood tomorrow afternoon, to spend some time with Dennis (my friend, and Jean's (now) ex bf).

And not that I would want to "bother" Dennis, but if he could give me a picture of Jean to put on my wall - or, in a frame - I would be very grateful. I don't ever want to forget Jean.

I met Jean a few years before my mom passed. She and Dennis had stopped over to the house, and brought me and mom a home cooked dinner. No special reason. Just because. That's what I'll always remember about her. She was sweet.... ((sniffle)) ....kind.... ((another sniffle)) ....and always had a smile on her face. ((cries)) Plus, her dog was one of my doggie buddies. ((cry laugh))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to say good night, but I did want to let y'all know that even though I have been crying my bu.utt off since I got the news, I have been catching up on all y'alls gifts.

And @Bree ... My eyes are too puffy from all the crying, to try and upload your next gift. I will try in the morning.

take your time prissy. somethings in life are more important.
    I see on WordPress how some of you have different sections like "Sim Story-line 1", "Sims Challenge 1" "Sim World Renovations" Ect. Can anyone tell me how I can separate them so I can have all of the Gift Exchange Gifts under 1 section and my story-line under another, etc.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry @Bree, I just couldn’t stay away. I forgot to mention Wyatt and Krissy’s traits and loves. (duuuh)

Let’s start with Wyatt. He’s a Pisces, who lovvvvves his steak. Smothered with those juicy, buttered mushrooms, green beans, and a BIG heaping of mashed ‘tators. ((awww dang ... now i’m hungry))

Anyway, Wyatt also loves country music and the spice brown color. His traits are - Family Oriented, a Gatherer, has a Green Thumb (that’s why he couldn’t wait to have his own farm and garden), he’s pretty Handy (he built his house in no time), and last, he’s got a mean fishing pole (Angler).

Now you can see why Krissy liked him!

Let’s move on to Krissy.

Krissy’s Cancer melded perfectly with Wyatt’s Pisces. She is also Family Oriented, very Frugal (she’ll keep a tight rein on the purse strings), a Bookworm (Krissy loves to read. And when it comes time for her to get pregnant, Krissy won’t mind being cooped up reading the latest book), she’s Flirty (which was one of the things Wyatt loved about her, when he was courting Krissy), and she’ll be a great mom, because she’s Nuturing.

Outside of all that, Krissy also loves spaghetti (she’ll be able to plan several meals with this dish), western music, and the color pink.

So now you know a little more about The Gentrys.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited May 2019
    @equuest
    Gifts 2 & 3

Though the Bayou Craftsman was the first gift I built, these two were the first that I thought of. You mentioned liking all occults. I'm especially fond on plant sims myself and think they never get enough love, so I decided make you one, and for some reason I thought an old, grumpy one would be a good fit in Twinbrook. As for her house, when I looked around at the EA houses in the swamp region of Twinbrook, I saw that many of them were odd and unusual designs, so I wanted to try something rather different from a typical house myself. I hope you enjoy the result!

Calista Syringa - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310626

Maybe it was absorbing too much swamp water growing up. Or maybe it's just tough being a plant sim living in a town undergoing industrialization. Whatever the reason, Calista is as sour as they come. She just wants to tend to her plants and be left in peace. Any kids had best stay off her lawn and keep their newfangled techno gadgets away.

47853822752_c8f541214f_c.jpg
    47853823112_1a7df7bff1_c.jpg

Syringa's Shelter - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310625

A very unique home, built on stilts to keep it well above the swampy waters, with a watchtower entrance to keep visitors at bay. Prominently features a large raised planting bed, with extensive herb and kitchen gardens. The house itself is a small but cozy loft/studio, with a wrap-around porch. The kitchen includes a canning station, for preserving all of the fresh produce from the garden. Just big enough for a single sim, who only wants to garden and be left alone.

Built at 582 Bayou Gulch Drive.

47853823592_b10daf9f3b_c.jpg

40939383423_97779b290b_c.jpg
    At the front of the lot is the watchtower, acting as a barricade to any unwanted visitors.

47905915791_c3f48b4e06_c.jpg
    There is an excellent view of the road from the second floor and a telescope in case you need to see even further.

47905914601_1ab9655993_c.jpg
    From the first floor of the watchtower, you can cross a rope bridge to the gate of the large raised garden beds. The front plot is all herbs, spices and coffee beans. The back is a fruits and veggies kitchen garden.

47905911161_cf514ed737_c.jpg
    The second floor rope bridge leads to the house itself, inspired by a tree house design, but built on stilts above the marsh.

47905916951_bc40890d66_c.jpg
    47116516564_665849a38e_c.jpg
    The covered porch has a small sitting area and storage for all that produce from the garden.

47116519674_511004cda4_c.jpg
    40939392613_80276af03b_c.jpg
    Most of the first floor of the house is a kitchen, featuring a canning station for making preserves with all the produce from the garden.

47116521594_96ef72b67a_c.jpg
    46989837285_e9cd3e81e0_c.jpg
    Upstairs, the loft has a small study and sitting area, with a privacy screen separating it from the sleeping area.

Layouts
    47116520594_c7afdc36ed_c.jpg
    40939392003_cfd9e45fb9_c.jpg

PS. A couple minor mistakes were fixed post picture-taking.
    PPS. I didn't keep as good track of what store content I was using as I was building this, so if you are missing anything, please let me know and I will send it your way.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

So sorry to read about your loss @MsPrissy88 ,

there is not a lot one can say to help ease the pain ... but I believe that it makes it a little better to concentrate on all the good times you've spent together. It's wonderful that you have had the opportunity to share part of a person's life and by keeping them in your thoughts they are still with you.
    Take care x
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I'm sorry for your loss of a friend. Sending more hugs.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Hi @ciane,

I'm still trying to put the finishing touches to suzses final gift but before I do I just need to let you know that Iwami House is another stunning build that I adore <3 .
    I've checked your blog and have admired all the photos but I can't wait to be able to take a proper tour in game.
    Thank you ever sooooo much! :D
    edited May 2019
    @Mystik1978

I'm here bright and early (or well maybe it's late - and it sure isn't bright anyway) to bring gifts because I wanted to have everything I have for you up before Flickr does their big maintenance and you can't see the pictures.

I hope I did OK with this gift. I have not played with houseboats for a very long time, and once I was finished, I also had some doubts about the style. As I was laying out a shell, it kept whispering to me that I should put ITF windows in it. I kept saying "no" because I thought that was too modern (I suppose you don't know too many people who talk to pixelated boats ;) ), but then I remembered you said you have a household that is more modern than your usual, and I decided to go ahead with it. Later, I realized I know nothing about this family, what world they're in, whether a houseboat is even appropriate for them. So, here it is and I hope it's something you will like to use for someone somewhere in your games . . .

Gift #5
    Skymyst II

47116893644_dc0b9a0cb6_z.jpg

Download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310629

Pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDGD73L (There are some pictures on the upload in case these aren't available)

I suppose you may be wondering by now why I chose to name it Skymyst *II*. There's a pretty simple reason . . .
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    The reason there is a Skymyst II is that there is also a Skymyst *I*. I took the boat and redid it to be what I am just going to call "old fashioned." I did it second, but since I think of it as being from earlier in time, it gets to be first (I think I am sounding like @Mmdrgntobldrgn now, aren't I?)

Anyway, my dear @Mystik1978 , here is my final gift to you . . .

Gift #6
    Skymyst I

46990327765_d5a7216515_z.jpg

Download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310630

Pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcyWeZt
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

To everyone,

I really feel the need to apologize for not leaving any personal comments yet about all the awesome gifts everyone has been uploading. I love them all <3 !
    I am still trying to finish my final gift and that leaves hardly any time for anything else ....

I have downloaded and rec'd absolute everything ... at least I hope so as there is rather a lot ... my hard drive is nearly bursting out of it's seams ;) ... and by the looks of things there is still more to come :o ...

At the same time I would also like to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone for leaving such lovely comments about my builds ... you are all extremely kind! :) x

@Suzses Oh my six gifts! I feel so very spoiled and I have to say I LOVE the houseboats .... Both of them! This might come as a bit of a shock to you (since it kinda comes as one to me) my favorite of the two is Skymyst 2 in all it's modern day glory! Both will look amazing in my ports in my newly lag-less, extra spiffy, decked out Island! I have a single sim he is male named Damon - I have been just working on skillin' him up and haven't really jumped into playing with him in a story fashion as of yet .... BUT, the Skymyst 2 is PERFECT for him.

If you are interested in seeing him, check him out here ----> https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/76

Or for those who just want a visual take a peek here .....
    01.jpg

Thank you so much for being my buddy this gift exchange, for all of the time and care you put into make everything go together so I can really make my IP game play stand out! I can not wait to jump into game and see what happens on the island. I am thinking since I am going to give Damon the Skymyst II that maybe I should finally explore scuba diving. I have never done all the deep-sea diving in game which was just one of the many reasons I wanted to play in IP.
    @KaytayRoall, I love Calista Syringa! I've never played with a plant sim before and I think it's an excellent idea to have her live in Twinbrook. She looks super fun. The house is perfect for Twinbrook. The bridge is awesome, love the garden and all the wood tones on the interior and the little flash of color with the fruit baskets. Really great job!

@suzses, it's cool that you included two versions of the Skymist houseboat and that the layout is quite similar. Skymist II is my favorite.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top