Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    With 3 legacies at generation 3 and one at 2, I'm finding myself struggling not to be repetitive. I've even thought about ending the stories early.
    But one other idea I had was changing the age span settings to make the generations shorter. Say, 5 months per genration instead of 7. That way I'd finish sooner. I just don't know if I should make that kind of change int he middle of an ongoing story.
    image.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    *dance around* I might be able to have mini cereal boxes with other cereal if I go back to eating Shredded Wheaties cereal. If someone needs to ask what a mini ceral boxes are please ask
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2019
    I decided to call it "Cinder" Generation. Can anyone tell what's going on in the banner?
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. How are you all doing?

I'm good. Almost time to go to sleep. But, good news is I made another edit I'm proud of. Not sure if I should keep posting them here though. I did post it in my BL thread if you want to see it. :)
    IZ3Tf7I.png <Is this new?
    6adMCGP.gif
    No. It's been around at least since Seasons.
    image.png
    edited May 2019
    can anyone tell what's going on in my banner?
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hiya Loungers! Here's my latest KCLKF chapter.

cover-2.jpg?w=474&h=356
    Kass has a conversation with her sister.

1.76, Pt. 1: Life and Love and Why
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 never mind Kass (sorry boo), who's the cat lady in your avatar?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Haha. I rolled up a cat character for @Shadami's Simselves on an Adventure... a Sims 4 DND game. :) The pretty kitty is Cadence Crescent Moon. I spent a really long time looking for all the CC. I might... write a story about her on my own too. We'll see. ;)

How are you @InfraGreen? What are you up to lately in the SimLit world. I'm so far behind with "can't-look-away-it's-a-train-wreck." :D No seriously, I am hoping to catch up on some reading over the long weekend. I miss Thu.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

her avi reminds meof that scene in chamber of secret s where heminone accidently turned herself into a cat face.

her avi reminds meof that scene in chamber of secret s where heminone accidently turned herself into a cat face.

She does look a bit like that. Hmm... I wonder if the fur skin creator was thinking along those lines.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Haha. I rolled up a cat character for @ Shadami's Simselves on an Adventure... a Sims 4 DND game. :) The pretty kitty is Cadence Crescent Moon. I spent a really long time looking for all the CC. I might... write a story about her on my own too. We'll see. ;)

How are you @InfraGreen? What are you up to lately in the SimLit world. I'm so far behind with "can't-look-away-it's-a-train-wreck." :D No seriously, I am hoping to catch up on some reading over the long weekend. I miss Thu.

A sims game really makes it once you can get loads of furry content it seems. I remember the (vaguely disturbing) slider hacks and tutorials to make actual wolf or panther-faced sims in TS3, complete with skins. 2013 was a creative and lawless time.

I've been on a simlit hiatus and entirely because my weekends have just been packed. Most of it is my own doing of concerts and mini-vacations (to go to more concerts) and very little actual tragedy (but Bud smiles down on us always :heart:).

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited May 2019

I think of David Bowie! Or like exactly one song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpdHMaccjw4

outrun / blog / tunglr
    anyone want to take a guess about my banner?
    6adMCGP.gif
    new chapter

wOMbZAZ.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

It's a Cinderella story with the kid doing all the cleaning up.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »

yeah what do you think the second picture about? no cleaning involved?
    6adMCGP.gif

She looks like she's triyng to cover her ears. Soeone's listening to loud music? Or teasing her? Though the other kid seems to be ignoring her.
    image.png

She looks like she's triyng to cover her ears. Soeone's listening to loud music? Or teasing her? Though the other kid seems to be ignoring her.

not teasing her. the other sim is doing something nice w/ her/for her?. (she can't red or right) and she's had enough for one night.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Not a story-related post on my blog per se, and I felt really weird (even guilty) about posting it...
    Welcome to my World
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

not teasing her. the other sim is doing something nice w/ her/for her?. (she can't red or right) and she's had enough for one night.

So she's understandably frustrated. That looks like a very interesting scene.
    image.png
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    With 3 legacies at generation 3 and one at 2, I'm finding myself struggling not to be repetitive. I've even thought about ending the stories early.
    But one other idea I had was changing the age span settings to make the generations shorter. Say, 5 months per genration instead of 7. That way I'd finish sooner. I just don't know if I should make that kind of change int he middle of an ongoing story.

@SimTresa I usually make a different set of screenshot for both my scored legacy save and the screenshot save which I did parallel. This way I'm okay with being repetitive on game, but adding up new plot without affecting my scored legacy save, Also I could change settings so I could turn on the lighting settings on in my screenshot saves since my laptop is baked when I play with it on. This allow me to capture a scene with high quality without having to worry about my games crashing. There's also other legacy spin off which you could try by adding new challenge into the repetitive legacy play.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    edited May 2019

@SimTresa well this chapter and the second chapter after 4 chapters-(I'm going to put Cinder's next chapter as 6.5 instead of the original 6.2) that Sara Wendy (the said cousin) is "correcting" Selene like a school teacher. Here's an example of it from today's chapter

YEebO4d.png
    6adMCGP.gif

@SimTresa well this chapter and the second chapter after 4 chapters-(I'm going to put Cinder's next chapter as 6.5 instead of the original 6.2) that Sara Wendy (the said cousin) is "correcting" Selene like a school teacher. Here's an example of it from today's chapter

YEebO4d.png

That snippet is so intriguing. :)
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top