Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies: Yay or Nay?

13...Next

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @starguru You're right, everything depends on the storyline :)

In my story, the main character's sister was born a twin after a black sabbath ceremony.
    thegreywitches-53-081.jpg

Her brother was taken away to be brought up by their father and a demon, and her mother was left to bleed to death.

thegreywitches-53-111.jpg

That is when Willow was born, condemned to death if a couple of fairies had not broken the interdiction and adventured among the stones surrounded by dark magic.

thegreywitches-53-141.jpg

They saved the baby and she was brought up by the Tuatha de Danaan...

thegreywitches-53-191.jpg

Whole chapter is here, but it is scheduled to be rewritten with new pictures taken!

NymlADp.jpg
  • stephanie99stephanie99 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes the wings are so distracting and in my opinion there is little benefit to being a fairy. At least with vampires there is the increased learning speed and werewolves can hunt for items which is also useful but all fairies can really do are some harmless spells/pranks.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2019
    Not true. Aura of Creativity boosts skill gain in Painting, Writing and Music skills not just for the Fairy, but anyone within range. Aura of Body and Mind boosts skill gains in Athletics, Charisma and Logic. Aura of Soothing flat out boosts mood, hence Lifetime Happiness. Fairies have a "Fairy Repair" ability that can substitute for Handiness, and save some Simoles on repairmen. They are also naturally better at Gardening, and can actually revive dormant plants to fruitfulness with their Bloom ability. Fairies have a lot of utility.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Definitely yay. A fairy without wings would simply not be a fairy.

A picture which I used in a recent post.

Y3aHe1b.png
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I would say Yay! I think they're pretty versatile. You can create them as standard fairies, but there are so many types - they don't have to be what is portrayed like Disney films - they can be evil too. They can be other things as well, such as demons (with dragon wings mod), angels (angel wings mod) and superheroes (invisible wings mod unless your superhero does have wings). I tend to give all these types an invisible jetpack (from Into the Future EP and a mod that makes the jetpack invisible) for long distances. I also use the blessings and curses mod and violence mod for the demons, angels and superheroes to give them their powers (angels are powerful creatures, they just use their power with holy restraint - demons are fallen angels who use the same powers for evil deeds).

I think fairies also make great hybrids with the other occult states as others have already posted! So yeah, the fairies in TS3 can be whatever you make them out to be. They can be girly if you want, but you can also make them totally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as you want.

• TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    I would say Yay! I think they're pretty versatile. You can create them as standard fairies, but there are so many types - they don't have to be what is portrayed like Disney films - they can be evil too. They can be other things as well, such as demons (with dragon wings mod), angels (angel wings mod) and superheroes (invisible wings mod unless your superhero does have wings). I tend to give all these types an invisible jetpack (from Into the Future EP and a mod that makes the jetpack invisible) for long distances. I also use the blessings and curses mod and violence mod for the demons, angels and superheroes to give them their powers (angels are powerful creatures, they just use their power with holy restraint - demons are fallen angels who use the same powers for evil deeds).

I think fairies also make great hybrids with the other occult states as others have already posted! So yeah, the fairies in TS3 can be whatever you make them out to be. They can be girly if you want, but you can also make them totally plum as you want.

interesting !
    giphy.gif