Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2019
    @MsPrissy88
    This gift from @friendsfan367 was made with sweat and tears because as you know, she's been having game issues left & right.

Becker
    Description: bobby is in the military . breanda is a reporter. they met on new recruit day when brenda interviewed bobby. he asked her out. in front of all her reporter friends . she said yes cause of course that situation is hard to say no too. they have a son matt.

Download Link: Becker Family

I'll admit that I got curious and took a peek at them ...
    becker.jpg

Bobby looks like a serious fellow and those eyes certainly drawn your attention. I'm thinking they might be one thing that captured Brenda's heart. Brenda has a sweet face and personality to go with it. Matt will hopefully be a trouble-free toddler.

Add them to your game to see what they're like or take a peek at what I discovered!
    Bobby
    Sagittarius who prefers purple, sushi and electronica music
    He loves the outdoors and is eco-friendly which will help whether he is fishing, cooking or taking care of his family
    LTW: Surrounded by Family
    Career: Military - Grunt L3
    Skills: Athletic L2. Cooking L3, Gardening L2 and Handiness L1

Brenda
    Pisces who prefers orange, dim sum and indie music
    She enjoys reading or chatting with others when she isn't creating something, taking care of her family or trying to get ahead at work
    LTW: Star News Anchor
    Career: Journalism - Automated Spell Checker Checker L2
    Skills: Athletic L1, Cooking L2 and Writing L1

Matt
    Pisces who will sleep soundly when not playing outside
    Skills: Peg Box L1, Xylophone L1 and is well on his way to learning how to walk

They also appear to be pretty well off with just over $100,000!! An inheritance, maybe?
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! :s:s

WHY CAN'T I GET MY IMAGES TO SHOW UP HERE?! I'm using the [ img ] tag. :s Flickr did something stoopid to their site and the way we USED TO be able to share images.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! :s:s

WHY CAN'T I GET MY IMAGES TO SHOW UP HERE?! I'm using the [ img ] tag. :s Flickr did something stoopid to their site and the way we USED TO be able to share images.

That is plum. As I’m typing this, I’m experiencing some pretty bad period cramps due to change in my hormonal medications
    Oh hamburgers!
    @friendsfan367
    Nice job on the Becker family!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    Gift 4 for SamelaRita from JessaBeans

I wanted to try something a little different for this one. I am more comfortable storytelling with builds than with Sims (I'm trying to get there.) I wanted to see if I could tell the story of the home using the home itself, I've left a lot of clues about the life previous occupant in the original version for those that like to find such things.

Windermere
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310559

tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo8_1280.jpg

Helene and her brother Peter Cooper grew up in the city with a stifling and restrictive homelife. Their mother didn't want them socializing with other children for fear of germs, and given what was known of science at the time she may have had a point. Their only companion was their governess.

They lived for the summers where they could roam freely and escape the prim and proper lifestyle of the city. The pair often roamed the countryside during family vacations to the lake district. Helene developed an interest in nature and animals at an early age. Helene demonstrated a talent for sketching as a child with animals being one of her favorite subjects. She went on to earn a degree in science, with a focus on botany. Much to her mother's chagrin, as she grew older she shunned the socialite life of parties to spend time on her studies.

She began writing novels at a young age and had her first published when she was just a teen. She lived with her family until she was 30. When she moved to Windermere full time to focus on writing. She never married or had any children of her own. She was once engaged but tragedy struck her fiance before they could be married. She spent most of her time alone in her garden, happy to have the help and company of her niece and nephew over the summers. She took her niece on as a sort of apprentice, having her collect specimens to look at.

The back garden
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo10_1280.jpg
    Her lounge
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo6_1280.jpg

Helene wrote many of her novels in her study that overlooked the lake and her garden.
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo4_1280.jpg
    She kept her and her brother's childhood bedrooms furnished for when her niece and nephew would stay for a visit.
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo3_1280.jpg
    Her governess's room was converted into a nursery when her niece and nephew were infants and she left it that way, barring the occasional dusting.
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo1_1280.jpg
    She never upgraded her kitchen, it's in a similar state to how it was when she was a child.
    tumblr_prvdc4Mt3Q1wlut4lo9_1280.jpg

The Old Cooper Place
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310571
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o6_1280.jpg

Helene lived a long happy life, outliving her brother. Although it may have seemed solitary to others. On her passing, she deeded most of her land to the city as green space to be shared by all. She left her home to her niece as a token of her thanks. Unfortunately at the time her niece was unmarried and could not inherit it herself. Her nephew fought the will in court, claiming at he was the rightful heir of all the family's holdings. It was a long messy battle, as many similar ones were going on at the time. When the matter was finally settled both her niece and nephew were grown with families of their own. It's time for them to finally revisit the lakehouse they haven't been to since they were children.

It's up to you who got the home in the end, and what their family makeup is like. Most of the funds of the estate were tied up in the legal proceedings so once they move in they won't have a simoleon to their name.

Helene's former study has seen better days.
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o1_1280.jpg
    Most of the furnishings have been sold off to pay the legal fees. The family will only have a few essentials moving back in.
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o2_1280.jpg
    The kitchen has stood the test of time, but is long due for refurbishment.
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o5_1280.jpg
    The lounge is a shell of it's former self.
    tumblr_prvlmsqf8K1w2hmv0o4_1280.jpg

I tried to use pinks and reds sparingly just in case you wanted to use the original version.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @friendsfan367
    Nice job on the Becker family!

thanks addy. i even did most of the pics this time. with a little assitance.
    @Jessabeans
    How lovely that Helene and her brother, Peter, had somewhere they could go to unwind from the pressure of city life! Windermere is lovely and shows the potential that The Old Cooper place could aspire to unless the new owners have a different vision for it. I know who I want to have it!!
    oh keeping the secret from prissy was hard but now that i have a new page were not friends cause i didn't want her to figure out i was taking about her gift.
    @Bree - I am so sorry for making you wait this long for your gifts. Let's start off with GIFT 1

gentry-bk.jpg

The Gentrys

Brought up expecting to take over the family farm, Wyatt Gentry said no, married his high school sweetheart - the lovely, Krissy Sugardale - and moved to the sleepy, little town of Sunset Valley. Working his fingers to the bone, Wyatt built their soon to be, "family home", and provided for them by becoming his own farmer and gardener.

I do have a little bit of a backstory for them!! To read more about them, head on over to MY website, for that and pictures!!

starsplace.net/Brees-family.html
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited May 2019
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @Bree - I am so sorry for making you wait this long for your gifts. Let's start off with GIFT 1

gentry-bk.jpg

The Gentrys

Brought up expecting to take over the family farm, Wyatt Gentry said no, married his high school sweetheart - the lovely, Krissy Sugardale - and moved to the sleepy, little town of Sunset Valley. Working his fingers to the bone, Wyatt built their soon to be, "family home", and provided for them by becoming his own farmer and gardener.

I do have a little bit of a backstory for them!! To read more about them, head on over to MY website, for that and pictures!!

starsplace.net/Brees-family.html

the gentrys look like a nice couple. i sent you a friendrequest read above if you want to know why i waited. you aren't the only sneaky one. lol
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh and they are farmers too @MsPrissy88 I love them so very much and can't wait to get them in game, there back story is perfect and suits them Very well! Thank you so very much! <3
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    (disclaimer: this simmer is ultra tired after 1/2 of what's promising to be a long week, and is skimming but not up to recing, pretty picture good - fire bad is my level right now ;p )
    ;) Actual picture of me today ;)
    59914483.jpg

@BreeMiles love the Sand Oak village & families, tempting to boot the Kinders to a nearby retirement home just so I can find out if the purple hair will transfer down to a Russel child. Okay, maybe I'll move them into little modern, such a cute 1 bedroom

@ADWilson sneaky that giving them 'neighboring homes' ... oh no! I do hope your daughter is doing much better today ... So glad to see she's okay ... ooo, me likey Mr. Handy & his fixer upper I wonder who he'd pair off with in one of my worlds ;) Nice translation of a modern house, gorgeous color

@60smusicluvr hello sunshine is very much a sunny afternoon. sunny side up is so cute, lovely green, thanks for all the tips on shutters .... and now I wonder if they stayed put on the tudor I built, ulp!

@ciane amazing detail, and a cute couple

@SamelaRita nice hangout/boardwalk, ooo Wainright place looks fun

@suzses what a fun and useful lot makeover, hmmm I can see sneaking that into my current IP game, I hadn't planned on any horses for the family but this makes it tempting to add one

@kgaff love your translation of modern Scandinavian design, I had fun learning about it too; sunburst is adorbz!

<3@AlphaFen <3 Magda Rossi has quite the back story ...... would it be >:) evil >:) of me to let her get on her feet then pair her off, dump triplets on her, and then shift her into a renovacy .... mwahahahaha ... (cough, cough) ... it feels so fitting, I should probably note that down, but that would mean finding my notebook. Fifty shades of tetanus, oh gosh .... e6bbe0c0834cb6788a9a537b2f16fa74--cartoon-eyes-saturday-morning-cartoons.jpg ... hope that sums it up ;)

@Jessabeans squee I think I know where Magda is going to end up, such gorgeous ruination for a renovacy. Oh my, loving both Windermere & old cooper place

@Hidehi love your community garden, I can see that in sunlit tides next time I have a sim family there

@equuest love your use of game content for daisy victorian, you too have a good eye for recoloring

@Bubbz3388 what a cute family you made

@Mystik1978 Shade looks like an adorable trouble maker

@friendsfan367 the Becker family is adorable

@MsPrissy88 The Gentry's are a cute couple

(note to self left off on pg 51, the Gentry's)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited May 2019
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Oh and they are farmers too @MsPrissy88 I love them so very much and can't wait to get them in game, there back story is perfect and suits them Very well! Thank you so very much! <3

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! I'm so glad you like them. I wrote their backstory OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, and sent it to @Addy, cos you know how well she is with sim lit. :D

I do have a surprise gift that goes with them, but I can't figure out HOW to get "it" merged to their lot! If I have to, @Bree, I'll just have to upload that particular gift seperately.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Oh @MsPrissy88 that sounds so wonderful! Can't wait to see! Are you wanting to merge the sim and the lot? If so go to edit town mode and then add them to lot then save lot, they should be in it then!
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I had the same idea, I wanted to see if those eyes transfers too! Send me a pic and let me know if it works for you!
    @Jessabeans another super lovely, I love finding clues and searching a home for them sounds like a wonderful idea, I plan on seeing if I can find Ester, LOL I think that was the name of the game, but I'm sure I will find out at least I hope so, and a fixer upper version also! Super nice!
    The Becker Family looks very interesting an sounds like so much fun in game, can't wait to try them out! Super wonderful creation, @friendsfan367!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Sorry, I was gone all day. Good thing I uploaded today's present yesterday. Now I'm working on tomorrow's present, which probably won't be uploaded until tomorrow. :smiley:

I really hope I didn't miss any one, here goes:

@60smusicluvr – What a lovely build! I really like all the deco pieces you added and that you solved your shutter issue and shared that with all of us. I have never that problem before, but I guess I just don’t use the shutters much because they are very limited and don’t slide. And, I for one, am very happily looking forward to getting inside it and seeing what I can do with it!

@suzses – Oh that is perfect! I never thought to do that before and now I don’t have to! I love this. You are genius!

@Bubbz3388 – Your family looks great! I’ve downloaded them and added them to my bulging folder.

@AlphaFen – Please continue to be an active part of this community for as long as possible. Your perspective is duly needed! I loved the write-up as much as the build and the terror you created! Congratulations your reno has moved into the first wait spot!

Oh @Kgaff, how I do love, love, love your builds! I love that roof line! And those windows and the way you made that windowed fencing with columns! (Totally going to steal that and have it show up in a build of mine some day!) I also totally love the use of a garage door for the sauna!

@SamelaRita – Wow! Horses living there are very lucky indeed!

Oh, @Myskik1978 – Shade turned out very well! Nice!!! And the story offers hope!

@ADWilson – Thank you for sharing your insights on @friendsfan367’s family. They are awesome and on my wait to play list.

@Jessabeans – Oh what an awesome twist! Love it!

@MsPrissy88 – What a nice love story! The Gentrys, especially Krissy are very nice looking sims and seem like nice sims to play.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Breemiles, you're such a tease! I'm looking forward to checking out the inside of all of them.

@suzses, Paradise Equestrian Center looks lovely. Don't mind if I do! ;)

@AlphaFen, ha! I loved learning about this home and family that's far in over their heads, debt and bills. Sounds like a challenge.

@Kgaff, you ROCK the Scandinavian style! I love the large, open windows, all the textures you chose and the asymmetrical look of 'Sunburst'.

@SamelaRita, I love the cute, country vibe coming from 'The Wainwright Place'. The home itself looks so nice and cozy and the lot is perfect for many horses! Thank you! <3

@friendsfan367, the Becker family are a very attractive family and I likes that they have a lot of money. Cha-ching! Gotta move them in one of these places, don't you think?

@Jessabeans, Windermere is so pretty! I love the overgrown grass in the front and the old timey look of the inside. Seeing it change over the years was a bit sad, but I suppose it's time for a remodel?

@MsPrissy88, Wyatt sounds so dreamy, like a hunk of a man. Was Krissy fortunate enough to watch him work on the house? :smirk:
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Okay, my launcher is all ready to start downloading!

Need to take a closer look on what you've all created! Yippee!
    @Breemiles, you're such a tease! I'm looking forward to checking out the inside of all of them.

@suzses, Paradise Equestrian Center looks lovely. Don't mind if I do! ;)

@AlphaFen, ha! I loved learning about this home and family that's far in over their heads, debt and bills. Sounds like a challenge.

@Kgaff, you ROCK the Scandinavian style! I love the large, open windows, all the textures you chose and the asymmetrical look of 'Sunburst'.

@SamelaRita, I love the cute, country vibe coming from 'The Wainwright Place'. The home itself looks so nice and cozy and the lot is perfect for many horses! Thank you! <3

@friendsfan367, the Becker family are a very attractive family and I likes that they have a lot of money. Cha-ching! Gotta move them in one of these places, don't you think?

@Jessabeans, Windermere is so pretty! I love the overgrown grass in the front and the old timey look of the inside. Seeing it change over the years was a bit sad, but I suppose it's time for a remodel?

@MsPrissy88, Wyatt sounds so dreamy, like a hunk of a man. Was Krissy fortunate enough to watch him work on the house? :smirk:

i used motherlode. the cheap furniture makes sims upset so i gave them extra money. orginally there was house to but my game issues kept me from being able to finish it. so i used motherlode so prissy can get a few extras,
    @MsPrissy88
    Wyatt and Krissy look good together and I imagine they'll have some lovely adventures to tell their children and grandchildren someday!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Jessabeans It's beautiful again! My husband looked over my shoulder and said - that's the Lake District (we've been there often) and totally recognised the architecture straight off. I am so looking forward to playing these - playing my own renovacies is just not the same as playing one someone else has created, and I feel super privileged to have so many new ones to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you again!
    :(:(:(

Just got the news .... my friend has passed away. She had such a hard life, the past few years. Surgeries upon surgeries upon surgeries. And nothing corrected what was wrong. My heart is so heavy right now.

I'm talking to her bf - my former neighbor - and he had said (when i had asked) that his gf - my friend - will be cremated.

I'm gonna go ugly cry now.

**runs off**
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @KaytayRoall Ready for Gift #4 ..... Well wait no more.

Here is the ever mysterious Sasha Dismond! Where has she been? Click the link below to find out!

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310589

sasha-dismond-collage-1.jpg

Find out the truth of her disappearance and maybe learn why she has a bit of magic mojo! ---> https://mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/2019/05/21/sasha-dismond/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top