Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Have You Guys Done With Newcrest?

Comments

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have mostly commercial lots. I built mostly restaurants. I have a park with an iceskatting rink. A yoga retreat. The 5 lots on the right hand side of the neighborhood are residential lots. I like to build, so I'd like to have another neighborhood like Newcrest.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm still working on making it a vivid business district with a small suburban area. But so far, I have a couple community lots up and running:
    • A school for rich kids to go to and level up their skills. I came up with a "graduation requirement" for them, where they have to have 6 points in several skills and know how to play an instrument.
    • A hotel that doubles as a lounge. Struggling sims can pay to rent a room. They can eat, dance, read something from the library, or enjoy the garden.
    • A mansion estate where a cabal of rich and powerful sims meet up to plan things.
    • A jail that forces its inmates to fight for crowds.
    • An art gallery/mental asylum that sells paintings made by their patients.

I have plans to make several shops, some restaurants, an orphanage, a community center, and a reform school. The idea is that it's a hugely successful area with a lot of foot traffic, but there's a lot of corruption beneath the surface.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Newcrest has always been my 'downtown' area. It has no homes or active Sims, it is filled with different restaurants, a nightclub, vet clinic, spa, bars, lounges, an upscale gym, etc. Newcrest is where my Sims go to have fun. I have a small park with kid activities that is next door to a family-style restaurant so every member of the family has something to do there. But it is also a good place to take my single Sims that just want to have a good time and maybe find that special someone.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I turned New Crest into a big shopping plaza type thing. I don't like having Sims live there, because I'd rather there be shops, restaurants, etc.
    Proud simmer
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Teena94 wrote: »
    So Newcrest is great because its empty and you can have total creative control over it. But I'm kinda stumped because I don't know what to do with it. I was thinking of making it a social district with cute coffee shops, lounges, and bars, but I also kinda want a little residential area. I just wanna know what you guys have done with Newcrest in your game? Pics are welcome! Thanks

I've done both. Part of the lots are residential and others are community lots that range from coffees to museums... A little bit of everything.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I love Newcrest, mainly the neighborhood with the largest lots by the water in the lower left end. Seems like someone is always out for a walk or jog, kids are often at the jungle gym or monkey bars, and it’s just a gorgeous environment. I sent my sim out for a jog and suddenly returned to her to see she had gotten a coffee from the local stand, which fulfilled her holiday wish to get free food/drinks. I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t have to send her to a restaurant for that, and she did it on her own, and the guy at the stand was hot, too!

I initially was downloading modern homes to fill it with. But I didn’t love the look, now it’s more of a stone & shingle, Colonial or Cape style.

The only thing that has bothered me was I collected so many rocks they seem to have stopped spawning. Recently I repaired my game and it fixed the spawners in another world, so I hope Newcrest is now fixed too, when I rotate back to that family.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2019
    Bridgeview: Art district
    Ridgeline Drive: Religious district
    Llama Lagoon: Not sure, kind of random...

newcrest36jj8.jpg

As you can see, it's a mixture of new and old: The home of the Valentine family and the vet clinic are premade buildings from Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow, respectively, "Music School" is actually the library from Willow Creek repurposed as a karaoke bar, "Bursting Bellies" is a combination of the Oasis Springs park's outdoor area and a restaurant from the gallery, the photo studio is also from the gallery, everything else was built by me.

Took me a while to come up with something for that 40x20 lot... Weirdest lot size ever!
  • eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    I just made it Willow Creek 2.0 tbh! I downloaded houses of that suburban style from the gallery, and made different residential neighbourhoods with varying house sizes. I also have lots like a library and park placed in the neighbourhood at the bottom of the map. I really like the look of WC so I love how similar Newcrest looks :)
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    Bridgeview: Art district
    Ridgeline Drive: Religious district
    Llama Lagoon: Not sure, kind of random...

newcrest36jj8.jpg

As you can see, it's a mixture of new and old: The home of the Valentine family and the vet clinic are premade buildings from Brindleton Bay and Forgotten Hollow, respectively, "Music School" is actually the library from Willow Creek repurposed as a karaoke bar, "Bursting Bellies" is a combination of the Oasis Springs park's outdoor area and a restaurant from the gallery, the photo studio is also from the gallery, everything else was built by me.

Took me a while to come up with something for that 40x20 lot... Weirdest lot size ever!

Hmmm... "Valentine" and "Wesker". But where's Barry? ;)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Newcrest is currently my community lot district -- I have one of each type of venue, mostly grabbed from the Gallery. That frees up space in some of my other worlds for houses -- I replaced a couple of the seaside lots in Oasis Springs with houses. I used to have Magnolia Promenade as my entertainment district but I'm reclaiming it as retail -- I plan to have some shops where my Sims can purchase items/clothing (I want to have a Sim that's unlocked all the career outfits to start a clothing shop and a gallery with Sim created paintings).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have to versions, one is a town set in 1950-60's but doesn't get used much. Basically think 1950's suburbia where every house looks the same and has a soda shop. Bowling alley but with 1960's fashion ...sense? lol..

But I don't use that much, my main build in my "main' game the south and south west end is a school district with a swimming pool and dorms. The buildings on the far right are all based around japanese style apartments and then the north side is businesses and a skate park.

Oh and a love hotel...club house...lol..don't ask. Hey apartment living doesn't have a lot of privacy!

I'll post pictures later.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Hmmm... "Valentine" and "Wesker". But where's Barry? ;)

Barry lives in StrangerVille with his wife Annette, who caused the zombie apocalypse, and their teenage sons Chris and Leon. I'll show you their house when someone makes a thread about what we did with StangerVille. ;)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I've just started to make specialty stores there. So far, I've only had time to make a sporting goods shop, but I plan to fill it up with all types of shops, so that I can use it to shop instead of using build/buy. If I have enough room left, I will make some restaurants(fancy and fastfood). I usually make the biggest lot contain the wishing well.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've been making Newcrest my themed neighborhood. The area on the right is intended to be upscale, fancy places. I occasionally swap them out for new things I find on the gallery. Right now it has a pool/spa, a formal-wear required restaurant, an art center with a fancy garden out back for painting from reference, and a wedding venue, and one of the Maxis made spas that I haven't gotten around to replacing yet.

The top section is alien themed. There's one residential lot where I plan to have my alien children live when they grow up. In addition there's a sci-fi themed bar/bowling alley/arcade, an alien museum and an alien restaurant I downloaded from the gallery (built with a lot of sixam items and I added a few Strangerville things to the museum). Oh, and a library/science center with all the usable science equipment, a rocket on the roof, and several of the school projects available.

The bottom left is the goth district. Basically because FH isn't big enough to add a bunch of community lots. There's a monastery that I got from the gallery and turned into a cemetery with a night club on the big lot. Lots of room for graves. Also a creepy gnome-themed park, a Halloween themed restaurant, a vampire wedding venue, and a vampire library. I will be replacing one of those last two with a residential lot for my household that will take in a Patchy and some livable ghosts, as soon as the future wife of that household grows up.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I downloaded lilsimsie’s save file and play with that. She’s added all new builds and sims across all worlds and it didn’t lag my game like I thought it would. Im not a builder so its really helpful to essentially have this whole new world filled with new sims
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Northern newcrest is for residential only, eastern is a business districts like restaurant, spa and etc, southern part is residential with recreational lot such as gym.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    My Newcrest is a haven for Artists, Musicians, & Creative types (think San Francisco in the late 1960's or Seattle in the late 80's & Early 90's). I use it for artsy types to live without them plumping up from the San Myshuno food carts. Sims that are squares would hate Newcrest and prefer Oasis Springs in my Game (where I made into the suburbia).
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    The top part is modern homes (including Agnes Crumplebottoms ts3 house and Don and Ninas condos), the right side is a strip of retail stores (bridal, electronics, salon), and the bottom is hangouts. A school (library), a mall (cafe), an arcade (bar), a cinema (lounge) and McDonald's (restaurant)
    caitytrina.png
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    i love newcrest so much! as soon as i start a new game, my sims are moving in! i love building so whenever i have newcrest without any homes/lots it makes me so excited!! currently i have one save file that just has all modern homes and now my new save file has all colorful and fun homes! over time i do add in new lots (library, park for toddlers, restaurants, etc.)!! reading everyones posts has inspired me to do more things with the newcrest world though! <3
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    My Newcrest in most of my saves is full of different commercial lots.

In one save, I did have sims live there and quite liked the weather, I may have to make it a half residents place at some point!~
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Teena94 wrote: »
    @Oldeseadogge that actually sounds amazing! Is it available on the Gallery?

Yes. However I have no idea where it is as it was made a year or so ago, maybe more. The inspiration is the clubs available to personnel assigned to the old "China Station" before WW2 in Shanghai and major ports on the Yangtze.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2019
    I made it a business town. No residences. Only recreation and businesses.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    I've made mine like a new modern development area. I also have a restaurant, mall, gym, spa and park
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve made mine into an upcoming area. It’s got a strip town with clubs, restaurants and cafes and there’s a retirement unit lot there and some houses. (I’m currently planning to put in a gay bar after the next update.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I always see the name "Newcrest" and think "well, it's gotta look new" and proceed to always fill the world with modern builds. I really don't have any other explanation and the backdrop is not modern at all, so this post has got me thinking of other possibilities. There are plenty of lots to move modern builds to, anyway. However, I don't think I'll ever change the layout. On the right side, where there's a row of 5 lots, I always put in my community lots and leave the rest as residential. That way, it feels like a balanced world to me where sims can both live and have fun.