Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which occult life state should I try?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Werewolf
    Well, late to the vote, and I see you went with Witch which is absolutely right there in my top 3 to play (Vampire edges out Ghost, but neither really appeal to me).

I said "Werewolf", because I think that suits Josh's looks, and would be a challenge for you in the sense of having a second appearance to edit in CAS, or just accept as the monster-face it is.

Witch/Werewolf pair well, as a couple, because Werewolf hunting can bring in useful Alchemy reagents.

I have a hard time saying "No" to Fairies, however - they are a long-time favorite, and particularly useful for Gardening - which also supplies reagents for Alchemy.

I think Eddie would make a cute Fairy... but either has their charm.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Witch
    @Sindocat Thanks for voting :) I, too, thought that Josh's looks would suit a werewolf but didn't know much about either witches or werewolves when I started the poll because I had only just installed Supernatural. When I read the comments made by those who did vote witch it helped make up my mind. I am sure I wouldn't mind tweaking a werewolf since I love tweaking naturally :)
    It will only be a short term save as I have other saves waiting to be played which won't involve supernaturals. I just want to see what it's like for a bit. The only reason I introduced Eddie was because Josh's social bar is constantly low because I am not used to sims living alone and decided I might as well try for a hybrid baby while I am at it :D
    Werewolf
    I say this often, but Supernatural is the EP that sold me on TS3. It is definitely worth trying out! Appearance-wise, Witch is definitely the least obtrusive, for sure. Watch out for things like autonomous Love Charms once he learns them!

Are you playing in Moonlight Falls? Oh - silly question. You have pictures galore here, and I am pretty sure I recognize the house. Anyhow, it's a nice little town, though IMO some of the venues need a little help.
    Witch
    @Sindocat Yes, it's definitely worth trying out hence Eddie moving in so I can have supernatural babies :D
    I have already used Retuner to tune out some autonomous stuff but will probably find more as the game progresses.
    Witch
    I made a mistake about what elixirs Josh had in his inventory! :D
    47065946784_6c0963608f_o.jpg
    33978068518_0f337334ca_o.jpg
    47803219092_bb1c6b833e_o.jpg
    33978067068_07d20b27f3_o.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    Fairies are fun. They can be tricky too. They live a long time. Great for gardening and they can give a sim a hot head, among other things. The hot head look s a bit like the effect of eating hot chilli but with stars too.

Also, if you really want a werewolf you can add or remove occult with master controller. I make my hybrids that way. Plus i have a lot of hybrid toddlers born in game in different saves.
    Witch
    Thanks @Karritz :) When I realized I didn't have the right elixir I did turn Eddie into a werewolf with MC but I wanted pics of the vial being thrown or some apparent reason why he would be one rather than have him just turn into one. I didn't like the way his eyes glowed as a human either. I can understand his eyes glowing while he's transformed but, to my mind, werewolves are meant to blend in with humans until then.
    Witch
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Thanks @Karritz :) When I realized I didn't have the right elixir I did turn Eddie into a werewolf with MC but I wanted pics of the vial being thrown or some apparent reason why he would be one rather than have him just turn into one. I didn't like the way his eyes glowed as a human either. I can understand his eyes glowing while he's transformed but, to my mind, werewolves are meant to blend in with humans until then.

I think there is a mod that deals with the glowing eyes. But I don't know anything about it. I think it's the same mod that removes the heat effect from Egypt and other glowy effects. I do have a mod that removes most of the full moon glow. There is something that you can get to stop the counters glowing too. I think I did read about the counter glow mod and the other things it stops from glowing put me off it and I decided to just leave things as they are.

I think the werewolf form also changes their face shape a bit too. I know Christopher Steel looks different when he's a werewolf. Also, Gobias Koffi looks slightly different when he's a witch so there are subtle things that change and if the sim is familiar to you as a human you'll probably notice the difference. I do notice it but it makes that version of the sim unique for that game to me and I am happy to live with it.
    Witch
    @Karritz I will look up mods then! Thanks :)
    I didn't notice any change in Josh after becoming a witch. I took this pic after he had been a witch a couple of days and he looks the same to me.
    32909769117_f81ba4708b_o.jpg
    The werewolf form certainly changed Eddie's face completely when I tried it briefly! I will have to edit any werewolf forms if I use them in future.
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    @Mikezumi good luck with the mod search. The change in the witch is very subtle. I first noticed when I packed my sims out and moved them. Somehow Gobias got lost and i replaced him with a new non witch version. He was all wrong but i never could exactly work out how he wad different. Then I made him a witch again and he was fixed. So I cant say exactly what changes but something does. It might be the way he moves. But he did change. But if you dont notice it then all is good.
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    @Karritz It might be, as you suggest, something to do with the way he moves because I know Josh's face very well and it hasn't changed.

I just added Dante Morganthe to the household for a test and used DebugEnabler to remove the Visual Overlay.
    40892960553_41108b7c21_o.jpg
    He's still a vampire but no longer glows. I think I like this and would compensate by lightening the skin colour or even using a different skin for vampires.
    47070057774_b88cbe8c34_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Witch
    I do that with my Vampires, I use the palest skintone I can find on the lightest setting. I want them to look pale but not that weird ..greenish pale. It's awful. I get rid of the glowing eyes too, I don't really like them much.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Witch
    @Pary The green was putting me off! I like my boys to look handsome not sickly! :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Witch
    Oh how adorable ! I've never had a fairy baby before. SO CUTE
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Witch
    Although witch was a whisker behind when I made my decision to go with it, it would seem that witches have won the vote anyway :D
    Thanks to everyone who voted :) I am so happy with the decision to go with witch and even happier to have a hybrid baby :)
  • SummerRoxySummerRoxy Posts: 93 Member
    Werewolf
    Your hybrid babies are so cute and good-looking like their parents!! <3
    I don't play SN much either, I only use the furniture. Out of curiosity I just created a save dedicated to SN, with a vampire and a fairy. I'm excited how their baby would turn out in the future, although they're not even in the relationship stage yet! xD
    Witch
    @SummerRoxy Thank you and good luck with your SN save :)
    Although I have played LN vampires in the past, I am looking forward to seeing the new interactions of SN vampires at some point :)
    I installed Nraas Hybrid to ensure my kids would be both fairy and witch but I probably won't know until they are teens exactly what they can do.
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    I was pleasantly surprised when Puck pulled out a broom to go to school :)
    46971127725_cb43dae7e9_o.jpg
    But he also does fairy tricks :)
    47820857832_1b442ce4d0_o.jpg
    Werewolf
    If you have Witches in your household, pretty much any and everyone can use brooms, and will if you don't set a preferred vehicle.

Witches don't grow into their powers until adolescence (which is why I roleplayed Ean gifting Devon his first wand when he aged up to Teen, even though one appeared spontaneously in his inventory). Fairies can do some things as kids. Werewolves still more. I am far less experienced with Vampires or Ghosts.

That said, I only have ever had one hybrid - the consequence of a Fairy dying from an unsuccessful repair, and becoming a Fairy Ghost. But he was already a Young Adult, and the game was glitchy in other ways so I hardly got a chance to properly explore him.

Good in any case to see you enjoying Supernatural!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Fairy
    SummerRoxy wrote: »
    Your hybrid babies are so cute and good-looking like their parents!! <3
    I don't play SN much either, I only use the furniture. Out of curiosity I just created a save dedicated to SN, with a vampire and a fairy. I'm excited how their baby would turn out in the future, although they're not even in the relationship stage yet! xD

Unless you use a mod to get a hybrid you will either get a fairy baby or a vampire baby. So far in the relationship between my fairy and her vampire husband they have produced 2 fairy babies and one little vampire. I just wish I had the game on my current computer and then I could send you pics. They are adorable.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Witch
    @Sindocat Thanks for that information :) My kids are definitely hybrids because I installed Hybrid and set SP to ensure they would be but I had no idea what to expect from them at different life stages.

@Bettyboop55 What a pity we cant't see your fairy and vampire babies :(
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Fairy
    I have taken a quick look through my HDD. This is where I store all the data retrieved from laptops I have destroyed :D I can't find the pics I want but I do still have a copy of the saved game. The children at a little older in this. I am quite tied up with a CAW project at the mo but if I get a chance I will try and load the game tomorrow and see if I can't get some reasonable shots.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita